[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did Bioware destroy one of the best franchises to come

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: 1893027483645.jpg (319KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1893027483645.jpg
319KB, 1920x1080px
How did Bioware destroy one of the best franchises to come out of last gen???
>>
They released Mass Effect 2
>>
>>379234349
EA
>>
Who knows.
>>
Blame the fickle founders who would rather make a living talking about beer than develop games anymore; thereby selling the company to Bioware. They went from being doctors to video game developers, and then decided that was too boring so they moved onto something else. Must be nice being rich.
>>
>>379234349
Pic not related?
>>
>>379234458
*sell the company to EA

Fuck, time for bed
>>
>>379234458
The company was taken over through proxy purchases. They didn't see the EA hammer falling until it was too late. They smartly decided to fuck off after that.
>>
File: Mass Effect.jpg (2MB, 886x6129px) Image search: [Google]
Mass Effect.jpg
2MB, 886x6129px
>>
>>379234458

Think, brah. If you are rich, you have no reason to work for EA. None.
>>
>>379234402
And 3
>>
>>379234663
If I was rich I'd have friends :D
>>
>>379234691

And let's be real here, even the first one was mediocre at best.
>>
>>379234731
>let's be real here
bioware have never made a truly great game
>>
>>379234349
You tried so hard and got so far.
And in the end it doesn't even matter.
>>
> hire for muh diversity.
> hire for muh vag.
> expect great game.

Kek
>>
File: 1496705257421.png (75KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1496705257421.png
75KB, 256x256px
>>379234731
So how is Mass Effect the greatest series if all the games are shit?
>>
EA has a long, ignoble history when it comes to destroying franchises. Hell, they ruined one of the greatest RPG franchises of all time in Ultima, so what's ruining Mass Effect to them?
>>
>>379234349

EA takeover caused like half the talent to leave.

Mass Effect is a very flawed game, but you can tell it was done by passionate sci-fi nerds who wanted to create a neat new sci-fi setting.
>>
>>379234862

People wanted to like Bioware back then.
>>
>>379234862
Mass Effect 1 is bigger than the franchise, bigger than the genre bigger than human comprehension.
>>
>>379234691
3 was only "bad" because 2 fucked everything up and BioWare was rushed.
>>
>>379234349
Me2 with it's focus on the pc gamers
ME3 honestly tried to fix it but damage from me2 was too strong
>>
Writing.

The story is what drove Mass Effect. It was one of the first games to ever do it. Then they decided that other people could write a story as good as the first one.

How would you react, for example if you loved the first novel in a series and they decided to severely fuck the writing team at every corner?

I think the first Mass Effect, writing-wise is the greatest wasted potential in combining writing and video games.
>>
>>379235650
>The story is what drove Mass Effect. It was one of the first games to ever do it
wew * 3 (wew wew wew)
>>
>>379235395
>Me2 with it's focus on the pc gamers
Wasn't it the other way around?
>>
My unironic favorite Mass Effect is 2. I know it's shit and ruined the future of the series but the giant to do list IM gave you was the most fun I had in a game.
>>
>>379235749
ME was developed with console in mind, and despite being clunky it still was great
Same with jade empire and kotor
ME2 was developed for the pc from the start and it was trash
>>
>>379235721

You had coop multiplayer, which I thought was pretty nice.

It's a space drama with a combat interface. I like it, but flaws abound and you can go fuck your own face not seeing it. The last Mass Effect was mediocre and it's borderline not deserving of belonging to the franchise.
>>
>>379234402
I get mad when people say this game is good, let alone the best Mass Effect game. This was one of the games that really let me know shit was on the downslope thanks to big publishers
>>
i never played mass effect before. should i even bother playing it?
>>
>>379236170

Do you have access to really strong cannabis? If not, just go to 2.
>>
>>379234402
The best game of the series?
>>
>>379236170
one of the most overrated vidya series ever.

one could argue 1 and 2 were good but 3 and andromeda nullify any good the series once had
>>
>>379234436
Lol
>>
Get used to it. This is the future of tech - absolutely pathetic mediocrity that in many ways is a regression from what already exists.

But hey, at least everyone feels all warm and fuzzy...until they're laid off because the company can't pay its bills.
>>
>>379236170
The best way to describe the Mass Effect franchise is that it's a series that has never peaked, and every game succeeds in a different way and fails in another.

So, no. It's not worth playing.
>>
>>379236983
>and every game succeeds in a different way
ME - atmosphere
ME2 - was garbage all around
ME3 - gameplay
>>
>>379234402
MASS EFFECT 2 WAS THE BEST OF THE SERIES, YOU FUCKING FAGGOT
>>
>>379235867

Right? I loved trimming down the to do list. Maybe I have issues...
>>
mass effect was never great.
>>
Bioware was dead the minute EA gobbled them up. It was just a matter of time before it all went to shit.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.