[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do games look better when im watching youtube videos of them,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: dsmart-front.jpg (23KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
dsmart-front.jpg
23KB, 320x200px
why do games look better when im watching youtube videos of them, than they do when I play them? I watched videos of Horizon Zero dawn(not played on pro), and it looks absolutely stunning. I went and got the game and it doesnt even look like the same game on my OG ps4. Looks blurry as shit and nowhere near the vibrant colors. There is nothing special at all about my laptop and the video was playing in 720p. I am using a 1080p tv. Whats the deal here? Like, its so bad that id rather just watch games than play them now cus they look so much better on youtube. Its happened several times before
>>
they're compressed so most of the time you are abstracting some of the detail that would make them ugly in your mind
>>
>>379233653
They don't, you're genuinely brain damaged. It might be a tumor, you should consult a doctor.
>>
>>379234468

yes they do
>>
>>379233653
Maybe your tv is just shit?
My parents had an old, off brand 1080p tv that has awful colors and ghosting/blur, when I bought a 4K tv I gave them my old (but good) Samsung and they were surprised how much better it looked.
>>
>>379235023

I have noticed some weird ghosting stuff in some games like gears of war too. Im buying a new tv this year, so i can put up with it till then, but its annoying as fuck. Im getting a Sony X800D
>>
>>379234753
Se this is what you call a self-correcting problem. You may be wrong and a faggot, but on the bright side that brain tumor will probably kill you shortly.
>>
I have an HDR 4K TV and everything looks miles better than anything I see on Youtube.
>>
>>379235340
you seem like someone very eager to call someone a faggot over an opinion only they could possibly have any information on
>>
>>379233653

could be your picture settings
>>
>buy a new 4K
>feels a little weird and laggy to game on
>watching anime on it
>random parts look like they've been interpolated to 60fps
>god damn it
>put on game mode
>try out some random platformers
>feels much better
16ms is the fastest response on it, but it's 55 inches, 4K, and looks nice. I can't complain considering I really only ever play slow games on it anyways
>>
>>379235453
>you seem like someone very eager to call someone a faggot over an opinion
So you admit its just an opinion and its not actually the case. Cool, should have said so from the start.
>>
>>379235453
I hear they're cracking down on the right to free speech soon so might as well get all the faggots out right now before it becomes illegal to say it.
>>
>>379235474

ive just been using ones listed on rtings
>>
if it's an official trailer, it's gone through post-processing to look good
>>
>>379235509
Game mode on my 4K LG supposedly goes as low as 8ms but if I dare to put HDR on, the input lag gets real fucking bad and doesn't look that good.

Is HDR a useless gimmick?
>>
>>379235832
And it was rendered out on a beastly PC with dev options that are probably disabled in the PC release and definitely disabled in the console release.
>>
>>379235916
>but if I dare to put HDR on, the input lag gets real fucking bad and doesn't look that good.
Damn, how old is your TV?
>>
>>379235832
>>379235993
lolno.
>>
>>379236024
Ano, unless you blow upwards of $3,000 on a TV, you are going to get BAD response times running HDR at 4K. Quit acting dumb.
>>
Make sure you're using an HDMI cable instead of RGB
>>
>>379235916
>Is HDR a useless gimmick?
In terms of picture quality, I think HDR does more than resolution boosts do. But the hit to lag due to post processing makes HDR harder to swallow for games.
>>
>>379233653
The reason it looks better is due to editing. There's tons of ways to make your games look better with more vibrant colors or whatever when you are on Sony Vegas editing a video.
>>
>>379236148
>Ask him how old his TV is.
>Start bitching and moaning about prices.
>Starts insulting people for no reason.

What the fuck is your problem? Stepdaddy fucked the wrong side of you this morning? Stop being such a dipshit when people respond to you, you insuferable cunt. Do the world a favor and focus your impotent rage elsewhere.
>>
>>379236115
watch_dogs
>>
>>379236115
>living in 2002
What's it like to be naive? And 3 years old, I assume.
>>
>>379236402
Is a thing nobody mentioned?
>>
File: StraightOuttaSomewhere.jpg (119KB, 846x846px) Image search: [Google]
StraightOuttaSomewhere.jpg
119KB, 846x846px
>>379236442
goteeeeem.
>>
>>379236024
Last years model. Don't really care that it has HDR but I don't really see the benefit if the input lag is gonna be this noticeable. Without HDR on I don't notice any input latency difference between this and my old tv that was 5ms and I actually tested the latency on that.
>>
>>379236667
Well, as long as you got low latency and proper blacks.
>>
>>379233653
the video is rendered so the frame times are all uniform and it looks super smooth, that's why.
>>
>>379236464
it's an example of a recent game from a triple AAA funded dev that did it and got away with it
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.