[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've played MGS1, 2, and 3 (2 and 3 on the remaster so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: MGS4_European_Cover.jpg (39KB, 450x518px) Image search: [Google]
MGS4_European_Cover.jpg
39KB, 450x518px
So I've played MGS1, 2, and 3 (2 and 3 on the remaster so I also have PW and a friend gave me 5) and I picked up pic related, but I've heard that the gameplay-to-plot ratio is pretty wack. My favorite game in the series is 2, so I don't mind plot, but is the gameplay good enough to justify playing through or should I watch a playthrough online and head onto PW/5? Are there any game-exclusive Kojima things like Psycho Mantis, Fission Mailed, or The End that I would miss out on?
>>
>>379232683
Yes, there's Kojima shit in it. Yes, it's worth playing.
>>
4 is worth playing even at its shittiest.
>>
>>379232683
It's worth playing.
>>
File: Decline-of-MGS.jpg (3MB, 1512x5411px) Image search: [Google]
Decline-of-MGS.jpg
3MB, 1512x5411px
>>379232683
4 is an absolute travesty to the series in terms of plot however it has the best final boss in a video game.
>>
>>379232683
It's a fun ride anon, play it already.
>>
>I liked MGS2

hahaha, buckle up then, buttercup

4 is made especially for you
>>
>>379232683
Play just for the end sequence, it's too god damn good.
>>
File: 1473207986643.jpg (13KB, 225x360px) Image search: [Google]
1473207986643.jpg
13KB, 225x360px
Play it anon, you'll like. And if you don't wanna any disappointment, don't play MGSV
>>
>>379232683
why don't you just play for yourself and find out?

to answer your question though, it is pretty heavy on cutscenes. the game is substantially longer than MGS2, but the ratio of cutscene to gameplay is about the same - slightly larger.
>>
>>379233360
Dude MGS4 was fucking lit
>>
>>379232683
It's terrible and uses every game before it as a crutch while pandering so heavily you'd think kojima stole someone's fanfic from deviant art. But it has some cool ass moments between a bunch of awful ones. It's worth playing because the contrast between it and mgs 5 is fascinating to witness. Mgs v is a huge departure from the norms of the series, it goes against the grain in almost every way possible except for the fact that cassettes present the story and its nonstop exposition to an autistic degree as usual. It's worth playing, opinions on quality aside, it's a nice technical leap forward from 3 and it's worth playing at least once. The whole series is, really.
>>
>>379232683
I thought it was pretty enjoyable, gameplay is really good. As for the cutscenes, just get something to eat and sit yourself down to watch a movie, more or less.
Thankfully everything is skippable on repeat playthroughs.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.