[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the political message of Persona 5 supposed to be since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1496364904600.jpg (206KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1496364904600.jpg
206KB, 1000x750px
What was the political message of Persona 5 supposed to be since the whole game was about social reform/abuse of authority?
>>
It was basically a very liberal leaning condemnation on Japanese societal and political issues. I mean just look at what each level was about. Abuse of power, lack of remorse for workers and their rights, political corruption, extortion. Everything was about the weak getting unfairly fucked by the wealthy.
>>
EFF THAT
>>
>>379217598
Someone post the anouncement pic, that shit had me in stiches.
>>
>>379216689
Vote for trump
>>
>FUCK THE POLICE FUCK THE POLITICS YOU KNOW WHAT?
>FUCK YOU TOO I'M FREE

basically Chaos route
>>
i think the last dungeon of the game is trying to comment on the general apathy of the masses in the 21st century and how their hatred of their life makes them want nothing more than the world to end or for jaldabaoth to control their lives for them so that they don't have to suffer.

instead of wallowing in sorrow, the game seems to want to say the way to confront the misery of the current era is to act against it, to destroy what keeps the general public down.

it's a pretty revolutionary message, desu.
>>
>>379216689
In Trump america, yes. However, this game was written pre-trump.

The political issues brought up towards then end of the game have been around forever. America got kind of spoiled, because any politician who outwardly behaved like Shido would be disowned by their party, with the goal of suppressing domestic terrorism. In the Trump era, politicians are being more overt with their attitudes to try and court domestic terrorist organizations.

And before pol shows up, yes, shooting up schools, and churches to start a race war is terrorism.
>>
>>379216689
Fuck Abenomics
>>
>>379218139
>shooting up schools, and churches [...] is terrorism
You don't fucking say?
>>
Effin adults man
>>
>>379217839
>Last fight has you summon mega Satan and shoot a god in the face
Truly best Chaos route.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.