[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What sucks in this game? Blaming the poor graphics and unspecific

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 382
Thread images: 49

File: zelda0004_hvwe.jpg (222KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
zelda0004_hvwe.jpg
222KB, 1280x720px
What sucks in this game?

Blaming the poor graphics and unspecific durability issues is not allowed.

I begin: The Master Sword breaks too easily.
>>
>>379205807
Not enough enemy variety.
Divine Beasts are underwhelming.
>>
>>379205807
Rito Village is a disappointment.
>>
>>379205807
>The Master Sword breaks too easily.
Japanese steel is really poor quality.
>>
>>379205807
There's not much to do in it. The game gets really repetitive after a dozen hours or so.
>>
fucking rain. it would be fine if climbing gear made it so you don't slip.
>>
>>379205912
>Divine Beasts are underwhelming.
I totally agree. I just finished the Zora Divine Beast and I was underwhelmed, that it's just a slightly longer shrine. No labyrinths and one way corridors, no severe backtracking, no hard fights. Plus that Ganonbro was easier to beat than my first Lynel which was very underwhelming.
>>
>>379205807
>I begin: The Master Sword breaks too easily.
They tell you the moment you pick it up "only use this to fight ganon and the things he controls".
Don't tell me you were using the legendary sword that seals evil against fucking deer.
>>
>>379206280
I use it to grind for ore when bombs would throw it down the hill.
>>
most of your time is spent moving around in empty space, watching your Stamina meter

the physics and combat Shrines are pretty shallow

besides weather protection, equipment just gives you bigger stats. after the plateau there's nothing as significant as, say, the Pegasus Boots to collect
>>
>>379205807
>The Master Sword breaks too easily
Stop using it to mine ore.
>>
>>379205807
Divine Beasts serve as weak dungeons
Most side quests are very low quality, and don't provide meaningful rewards
Armor/clothing sets are locked behind $13 pieces of plastic
This is more my personal preference, but there's too many shrines. I would've preferred 60 longer shrines, as opposed to 120 shrines with around a quarter of them being repetitive Tests of Strength
I still thoroughly enjoyed the game though
>>
>>379206489
>telling me to waste weapons to mine ore
>>
>>379206489
No, it also breaks very easily if you're using it against common enemies. I use it if I'm not interested in breaking my Royal Claymore.
>>
>>379205807
It fell for the boring empty open world meme.
>>
The completely unremarkable soundtrack.

Don't bother responding or trying to prove me wrong, I've heard and played the game.

The soundtrack or lack thereof is minimalist garbage.

A zelda game without a grandiose and mind blowing soundtrack is not a zelda game in my eyes.
>>
Shrines get repetitive
Fucking sucks that you don't get a fishing rod ever
Horse music gets fucking annoying
I wish the blood moon cutscene didn't play again period
Beast Ganon is one of the worst boss 'fights' of all time
>>
>>379205807

Enemy variety is non-existent.

Enemies in general have poor chase power unless its a Lynel or Guardian followed by Lizalfos who suck less hard than the other 3 enemies.

Once you get to an acceptable level of item slots and hearts/stam, there's very little point to explore the world more thoroughly other than finding visually interesting locations because 90% of the game's content is seeds and shrines.

Sidequests are always collectathons, killathons, MMO tier garbage with good sidequests scattered extremely far in between. Even interesting sidequests such as the one involving the corrupted dragon, have shitty rewards. The good sidequests often just unlock yet another shrine. Eventide is probably the most memorable side quest for me since I discovered it organically but it still unlocked, wow, another fucking shrine.

Divine Beast quests are almost entirely the same thing except for the sneaking Goron one. The other 3 were just talk to important NPC, do a thing so they can help, break 4 things on the divine beast, enter. Inside it's more or less the same objective of finding the terminals with some movement based gimmick.

Ganon as always, was a disappointment to fight but that's probably a series staple at this point.
>>
I hateit that you can't dive.
>>
>>379206740
>The soundtrack or lack thereof is minimalist garbage.

Literally the only thing that's "minimalist" is when you're out exploring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vwWFYy9UA0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgK_OfW7nl4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lbtK1ZtonA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SQf6XAq4fQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J21hyL_92Ew
>>
A few things

>Side quests suck
>Divine beasts are underwhelming
>COmbat is far too easy

Once you get past the 10 hour mark the fun starts to deteriorate. Most of the fun comes from the challenge/survival element but once you get decent/good gear the weak combat and fundamentals that the game has, become a glaring oversight
>>
>>379205807
EXCLUSIVE
>>
File: Capture2.png (448KB, 637x485px) Image search: [Google]
Capture2.png
448KB, 637x485px
>>379207119
Yeah I agree. Once I was able to beat the strong enemies in the far southwest of gerudo desert I got good gear to beat everybody else. After that the game kinda became pointless and the only thing that kept me was the little silly dialogues like this.
>>
>>379207253
nah, i play it on pc. CEMU 1.7.8 runs perfectly with some crashes from time to time. you get used to it.
>>
>>379207403
Man, I wish Kilton had more enemy-related gear. Like Chu Chu boots that let you do an elemental burst after jumping or a Wizzrobe set.
>>
No proper dungeons.
>>
>>379205807
I just started and am a little disappointed that the combat has less depth and skills than in Twilight Princess.

I also fear that the weapon menu will be a mess and take a lot of time once it fills up.
>>
File: durability.png (641KB, 982x790px) Image search: [Google]
durability.png
641KB, 982x790px
>>379205807
What a faggot.
>>
Holy shit hot opinions incoming: it's both Zelda and not Zelda at the same time.

It's a fun experience that really connects with what the original LoZ was all about in terms of exploration without handholding. The game really hits its strides when you're getting distracted every two seconds to check out something cool in the landscape you just noticed, or even looking at topography on the map and thinking, "Holy shit I need to go there!" Getting lost in BoTW for the first time is an amazing experience, and it does feel like they managed to craft their own open world experience that doesn't feel too much like a Ubisoft/Rockstar game.

The problem is, it completely fails on the other half of what made the original LoZ a rock-solid foundation for the series: the dungeons and the items contributing to a meaningful sense of adventure and progression. The Divine Beasts are all right as plot devices and could actually make for decent dungeons, but they're completely forgettable once you're actually INSIDE them. They're bigger shrines that don't last long enough to even feel remotely fulfilling, and without dungeon items and decent puzzles they lack reward and challenge.

The biggest thing though is pic related. It was such a missed opportunity to have the dungeons not be hidden away in the gorgeous landscape. My most frequent thought during BOTW was "that would be a sweet place for a dungeon" and that makes it so much more disappointing to get there and collect yet another Korok seed.

I get it. What we got was fucking huge and detailed and expansive, and for it to be the way it is something else needed to be sacrificed, but they chose to sacrifice the heart of Zelda to spit-polish the soul of the series. I would rather play BotW than Skyward Sword for certain, but Skyward Sword is a better Zelda game than BotW.
>>
>>379206197

This. I'm trying to do a second playthrough but I just keep losing steam.
>>
>>379208197
>/v/ tells me button mashing will get me killed
>encounter a Lynel
>run up and button mash
>press A to counter its super telegraphed moves
>mash
>get a ridiculously strong weapon I can then use to get a ton of crappy ones or kill another Lynel for an even stronger one
not to mention side hopping a fucking attack gives you a chance to get like 10 hits in or some shit
>>
File: laughs.jpg (11KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
laughs.jpg
11KB, 300x225px
>>379206740
>The completely unremarkable soundtrack.

What a fucking pleb. It's the first time since WW that we can talk about a remarkable soundtrack. TP and SS didn't have shit on BotW and if you think otherwise you should pierce youreardrums.
>>
File: Level_1_Entrance.png (3KB, 256x168px) Image search: [Google]
Level_1_Entrance.png
3KB, 256x168px
>>379208430
>My most frequent thought during BOTW was "that would be a sweet place for a dungeon"
I felt the same whenever I encountered a massive dead tree or cave. I think the snow cave with the giant skeleton disappointed me the most.
>>
>>379205807
There's a lot of shit I can say but I'll stick to the main issues.

>too much focus on quantity over quality
>exploration for the sake of exploration, the rewards for doing so aren't worth it
>limited character progression compared to previous games
>weak pacing
>terrible story
>content/concepts/mechanics are frontloaded in the first 10 or so hours so the novelty wears off quickly

In the inevitable sequel, they should make the world more condensed and replace the shrines/beasts with ~8 proper dungeons. Hopefully the DLC dungeon will be good at least.
>>
>>379205807
>the master sword breaks

that cant be true right?
>>
It's THE definition of "as wide as an ocean, as shallow as a puddle"
>>
>>379207051
>Literally the only thing that's "minimalist" is when you're out exploring.

So 90% of the game? Not him but there's a lot more to vidya music than just listening to a handful of tracks on YouTube, execution is very important.
>>
>>379208827
>DLC dungeon will be good at least.
>Implying it won't be yet another shitty beast found somewhere underground.
>>
File: 21.jpg (119KB, 550x427px) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
119KB, 550x427px
>>379208430

Forgot pic
>>
>>379208827
>>379208963
>implying the DLC won't be Vah Ruta again
>>
The bad:
Exploration ALWAYS leads to chest, shrine or koroks. There's no fun UNIQUE things to find, doing cool exploration and solving puzzles and being rewarded with a shrine every time gets tedious. The game would benefit from more interesting exploration rewards.

Divine Beasts are really fun, but way to easy and few. Would be great if a sequel would increase the size and scope to at least a few hours of work. The Gerudo one is close at least, it's a fair bit bigger and at least a bit more complex than the others.

Shrines are really fun overall and well designed but, kinda like Mario Galaxy, they don't reach their full potential when they are just standalone 2-5 minute challenges.
>>
>>379208951
Yeah, and having the theme song blaring while exploring would be great, wouldn't it? You'd want to gouge your eardrums after long.
>>
>>379208430
The Akkala Citadel dissapointed me, I wanted it to be like a mini version of Hyrule Castle.
>>
>>379208896
It "runs out of energy" and then comes back 10 minutes later. You can't permanently lose it.
>>
>>379208523
Flurry rush is such a weird implementation. Nintendo fans are usually against cinematic stuff and it doesn't even look very nice.
>>
>>379206740
>>379207051
my issue with the minimalist soundtrack is that you only get two tracks that always start the same
they should have made it like minecraft where you have a bunch of piano tunes that randomly play
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk8sq59TZkU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afEAs-dPhLU
>>
>>379208827
How much character progression has Zelda ever had?
>>
>>379205807
The combat isn't fun, and there's no XP/level-up system either, so it feels like a complete drag.
>>
>>379205807
Scrap the mini dungeons hand put a few actual proper dungeons that unlock unique powers or equipment.

Basically make it more like Zelda 1.
>>
>>379208947
This.
>>
>>379209168
The piano ditties are just as annoying if not more, and they don't change enough between areas.
>>
File: Forgottentemple..jpg (136KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Forgottentemple..jpg
136KB, 1280x720px
>>379208430
>>379208712
>>379209207
This was the worst offender IMO
>massive in scale
>crawling with Decayed Guardians shooting from all directions
>and at the end of it all is a blessing shrine
>>
>>379209108
What else could they reward you with after solving something?
>>
no level design
its just a flat land with some ennemies in it
>>
>>379209508
I like them, really, but I respect you not liking them.

To me it adds to the sense of scale, like how the absence of music when exploring in Dark Souls adds to the "presence" of the world to me.
>>
rain
Unless it's for specific areas like the rito village and such, it blocks progress, kills fun and wastes time
>>
>>379209636
Fuck blessing shrines in general. They almost have the most interesting build up and then it's fucking nothing. Meanwhile a random shrine you find behind a cliff is five rooms long with unique mechanics.
>>
File: pensive_cat.png (105KB, 373x350px) Image search: [Google]
pensive_cat.png
105KB, 373x350px
>>379209168
>and having the theme song blaring while exploring would be great
You've pretty much got the same thing as any other Zelda. One day theme, one night theme. At least Ocarina of Time had different ways to transition into the Hyrule Field theme even if it would eventually sound the same.
>>
>>379209393
The items and equipment helped redefine how you traversed the world and dealt with enemies. The games had obstacles and required you to obtain methods to overcome them. BotW frontloads almost all of your abilities on the Great Plateau, almost everything beyond that is just number tweaks and slight buffs to pre-existing abilities. The only exceptions are the Zora Armor (which is fun but limited in use) and Revali's Gale (which isn't actually required for anything and breaks a lot of puzzles).
>>
>>379209484
>there's no XP/level-up
I think this was actually a good thing about the game. The player needed to grow up and get more sophisticated in battle to tackle the stronger enemies. Just having a stronger weapon didn't let you win the battle.

But when I found out how to easily defeat guardians it went stale. They should've made it so that guardians stab you with their giant matrix arms while you were waiting for the laser to charge so that you can reflect it back
>>
>>379209709
Unique gear, unique items/crafting materials, unique powerup, unique skills?

There's endless possibilities.

I was more or less never interested in the shrine chests as they usually gave some money (easily farmed), or weapon (breaks quickly anyway), or some shekaih shit (pointless until way later).
>>
>>379209743
>To me it adds to the sense of scale
Not him, but whenever I heard the dudu duduuuuu notes of the day theme it would always take me out of whatever I was doing

You could be in some fucked up area swarming with enemies and you'd still hear the happy piano...until the battle theme kicks in
>>
>>379209743
Dark Souls has ambient sound instead:
https://youtu.be/8Lw2KhodKZ8?t=1m48s
https://youtu.be/a7B00o3yk1c?t=1m31s
>>
Food being literally everywhere and quicksave ruin any challenge the game may have had
>>
>>379210091
Yeah, sometimes, but the base version of DS1 had barely any ambiance sounds, remember that the township was added in the expansion and was only baseline for the PC-version.
>>
>>379209883
My bad, I thought you meant character development in a literary way.
>>
>>379209883
This. Part of the appeal of Zelda for me was always the fact that you found things in the world you couldn't access/sove until later when you had skills/item/knowledge.

There's nothing like that in BotW which kinda hampers the join of the exploration part.
>>
>>379208430
Spot fucking on. This game would've been truly something amazing if it had the classic Zelda formula as it's back-bone. But everyone gives it a pass on the game being lack luster in everything else just because it has a huge interesting looking world to explore.
And that's why I just don't like BotW. The exploring is great and everything, but it holds nothing else of interest for me in the game. I can't even really call it a Zelda game because I think it only does one thing that's even Zelda-esque, and that's exploring. Seriously, fuck anyone who says this is the best Zelda game.
>>
>>379210412
Agree. I did enjoy the game a lot but it's lacking just a bit of what made the old Zelda games great. A better mix between old and new would have made this a real 10/10.
>>
Pegasus Boots, and some method of launching yourself into the air 200 feet (like an item combo, not the freeze glitch) would have made the game much better.

One of the most basic requirements in an open game is that you NEED movement abilities.

The ability to jump high to reducing climbing time, or run fast to avoid load screen inducing fast travel are no-brainers.

The busy work in this game is terrible.
>>
>Lizalfos don't have their own unique battle theme
>Lynels share the stupid Yiga clan theme which is just the regular battle theme with a different intro
>>
>>379210385
I actually think this is a nice thing. I've grown tired of finding things in the world that I know exactly how to bypass if only the game had given me the method yet. Being able to explore freely and relying only on yourself to progress was a welcome break.

>>379210710
Well you have horses, Zora armor, Rivali's gale, the climbing gear so I think there are still some things that you "unlock" to cut down on travel time.
>>
>>379210039

They could have easily removed 2/3 of the korok seeds and instead tied them to significant side quests. Doing something for a piece of heart is something more tangible and more of an impact than praying to a shrine to spitshine your dick. That or stuff like bombbags, arrow bags, wallet size, the game's sense of progression is missing just because shrines and korok seeds are so tedious. The game has so many interesting characters that they never really expand on, why not give some upgrades for them to hand out.

Sword techniques, hangglider upgrades, shield surfing upgrades, climbing speed increases that isn't tied to clothing, boosts to the helper spells like Revali's gale. There's a ton of things they could have handed out shit for without relegating all upgrades to a treeman and goddess shrines.
>>
>>379206582
Use hammers you fucking dolt. Or bombs.
>>
>>379206695
Seems like YOU fell for that meme.
>>
>>379205807
how much health does the hylian shield actually have? or does it even break?
>>
>>379206740
I won't try to prove you wrong or even try to change your mind. I just want you to know that I wholeheartedly disagree.

I think the game makes amazing use of music.
>>
>>379211443
Someone said it's 10x as durable as the next best shield. If it breaks you can get another from Grante.
>>
>>379208430
100% my feelings there. I've never even been the biggest fan of long dungeons in the series, but BoTW really showed me why they are absolutely necessary for a Zelda game.
>>
>>379207974
Yeah, I spent like 200 Lizalfo and Moblin horns and already had enough to buy everything he had to offer
>>
File: index.jpg (16KB, 240x210px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
16KB, 240x210px
>>379210385
The enemies get harder the more you move outside the great plateau. You're hardly able to beat the harder enemies as a untrained player from the beginning so there are areas where to backtrack to.

In Zelda 1 you also just got a few key items to traverse the world somewhat further but the fight mechanics stay the same.

But I agree, they went too far with the frontloading (not as far as Link between worlds, but far nevertheless). The game could have benefited more by spreading the Rune Shrines more through the whole map. Aonuma said that by having the player have all the necessary tools at the beginning of the game they would've been able to create better riddles but: 1) most of them were using one rune to solve the shrine anyways and 2) why not leaving the "better" shrines for later once the player found all the runes?

If you're a little bit older you surely remember this scene from Super Metroid. THIS is what makes the game so special because when you arrive there the first time you know that there's something interesting but you just can't reach it now (you can, but only if you know about secret but totally legit mechanics of the game). This gives rooting into something I would want to achieve and wants me to come back later to find out. Part of the fun is the excitement that I don't know yet what lies behind the door!

In Botw the exploration was superb but the backtracking was nonexistant.
>>
>>379207048
It seems they decided quite clearly on certain things to leave out.
>>
this is the best thread on the /v/ so far.
>>
>>379208947
Assuming it would even be possible to shove in the amount of depth that people who hate the open world format in general point out as a missing feature, don't you think it would be better for the game to streamline most of the content, considering we're dealing with such a massive scale here?

Take a moment and think about the myriad of potential design pitfalls that such an ambitious project would have. In fact, I tend to find the the best mechanicaly complex games are also the most specialized in that aspect and light on everything else.

As a result, when put in perspective even a relatively mechanicaly deep game, but vast in scope, can seem shallow from a certain point of view, but that's not to say it's sufficiently deep or not.
>>
>>379205912

It was far more exciting to actually climb the Beasts than it was to clear/finish them.
>>
>>379211443
>does it even break
Yeah
The son of that construction guy in Hateno sells them once your first breaks IIRC he's on a roof
>>
>>379211565
who/where is Grante?
>>
I hate that you have autoaim but then it decides to ignore you during a boss fight

Like I'm pressing zl, I see the red arrow on the boss, then I load my bow and wtf I'm aiming to my left 90 degrees???
>>
>>379208951
>So 90% of the game?

if you're a faggot and you don't have a horse, yes, I suppose.

But even on foot, I very much appreciate the piano motifs added at select moments. Much more than a continuous theme playing at all times. It's fucking bold and brilliant is what it is.
>>
>>379211878
you mean the guy who sells the barbarian armor?
>>
File: link.png (122KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
link.png
122KB, 1200x1200px
>>
Rewards in the form of items are unsatisfying, both in quality of them and uniqueness of them.
>>
>>379211937
>if you're a faggot and you don't have a horse
but if you have a horse you're stuck with two songs like on foot
except now they loop until you get off
>>
the only issue i have with durability is the fact there is no indication of how damaged a weapon is
>>
>>379211882
Robie's son

Tarrey Town in one of the balconies
>>
>>379205807
Literally Zelda: No Mans Sky Edition
>>
>>379210776
Lizalfos are fucking great in this game.

They really deserve their own theme.
>>
>>379212001
Yeah
>>
>>379212102
>>379212170
thank you, now i can abuse the shit out of the one i got instead of hanging it in my den
>>
>>379212071
No they don't. They only glide in occasionally, they quite low, and the danger theme always takes center stage when added on top.
>>
>>379212116
Literally not that at all.
>>
File: 1707.jpg (130KB, 1237x690px) Image search: [Google]
1707.jpg
130KB, 1237x690px
No timestones. What the fuck?
>>
File: indext.jpg (9KB, 186x271px) Image search: [Google]
indext.jpg
9KB, 186x271px
>>
File: b77.png (295KB, 680x461px) Image search: [Google]
b77.png
295KB, 680x461px
>>379205807
Can't fuck the fish
>>
>perfect game for both
>neither makes it in
>but their weapons do
>>
>>379205807

It really sucks that it's so difficult for people who haven't played it to pretend that they have.

Downright unfair to shitposters everywhere.

Poor guy earlier today claimed he had played it for two hours and tried forging some experiences he'd had, only to be laughed out of the thread.
>>
The game's basically over once you decided you've had your fill of doing shrines.

Shrines and Divine Beasts were not a great replacement for temples. Hyrule Castle was fine even if I skipped literally everything by using the climbing gear.

Most quests were centered around finding and unlocking shrines rather than being cool and interesting quests in of themselves. Few quests felt like they had rewards worth getting.

Game should have better utilized its interesting locations rather than them just being places you journey to while hunting for shrines and seeds. I legit thought the fort with the dark ooze everywhere was a quest location, but it only served as a small gauntlet on the way to the tower.
>>
>>379211616
>why not leaving the "better" shrines for later once the player found all the runes?
Especially since you can warp to any shrine you've found.
>>
>>379209304
For real. The gameplay would honestly feel better if a successful dodge didn't slow down a fight into a press-the-a-button-a-bunch. If it was just a single powered hit, the rhythm of the fight would be so much better
>>
>>379212549
I wish I could hate that entire area out of existence.

Though the time stones were kinda neat.
>>
>>379206097
>does anyone even like the Ruto anyway...
>>
>>379212814
>no roaming miniboss darknuts
>no deku babas
>no giant terrifying peahats
>>
>>379206740

I agree. Couldnt find a decent tune anywhere.

it indeed felt very minimalist.
>>
>>379206161
Hylian steel
>>
>>379205807

It doesn't break you shit posting imbecile.
>>
File: nintendo wins.png (105KB, 633x568px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo wins.png
105KB, 633x568px
>>379206740
>soundtrack garbage
>Hyrule fuckin castle though

worth it
>>
>>379213150
Not even https://youtu.be/34RiMdNPCpM?
>>
>>379213017

Better yet, different flurries depending on which weapon was equipped.

Wand: close range magic explosion
Spear: single critical skewer
Large weapon: A quick 360 swing with heavy knockback
Sword: A slash followed by a quick uppercut to send the enemy into the air
Hammer: Slams down and stuns
Leaf: disengage that throws the enemy and your apart
>>
>>379209871
Nigga, blessing shrines just have the puzzle on the outside, that's all.
>>
It's really funny. To think crps like Ultima and Bard's Tale did open world right with hundreds of dialogue options and large amount of content to travel to with non linear design. This was back in the day when DnD nerds made game, so they went autistic on story and game detail. With our technology and memory breadth, we should have had the ultimate open world experience already. But as you expect from any AAA business, they went the laziest route possible. A damn shame, too. In the hands of non jews, botw could have been something good.
>>
>>379205807
haven't played it so maybe there's a good reason but why would they make it breakable in the first place? why not just make it "good, but not great" and let it be unbreakable?
i actually like it in zelda games where they make superior versions/alternatives of/to the master sword, like in link to the past
>>
>>379213564
You would stop using 100% of the other weapons.
>>
>>379213409

that song is the definition of minimalist crap.
>>
>>379213660
this
>>
>no diving
>no musical instrument
>no proper temples
>no fishing
>no option to toggle off voices
>no coherence to the blah blah 100 years ago bullshit
>no naming your character
>no throwing of bows and shields
>no separation between shield and lock-on

These all kinda suck. But I'm still glad they tried some new shit. It payed off.
>>
>>379213784
>No naming your character

Are you 12?
>>
>>379213660
Good. breakable weapons is a cancer mechanic
>>
>>379213784
You forgot
>can't throw rods
>have to open the fucking menu and select DROP
>>
>>379212116
Keep crying. You'll never get over the fact that Nintendo coded a modern masterpiece.
>>
>>379205807

Enemy variety is shit.
Lack of dungeons.
The dungeons we do have are (combined) the length and difficulty I'd expect from the first dungeon in any other zelda game.
Shrines aren't a good replacement for them
Lack of items. Namely hookshot would have made exploration 100X easier.
Bosses were kind of weak, especially Ganon's final form.
>>
File: 1493675873667.jpg (15KB, 209x200px) Image search: [Google]
1493675873667.jpg
15KB, 209x200px
>>379205807

>MASTER SWORD breaking ever

What is it Master of exactly?
>>
>>379213878
Wrong!

I learned to love spears in this game,
Otherwise I'd have only used swords
>>
>>379213559
I don't think a lot of people care about that kind of details in open world games.
>>
>>379205807
As long as you use it irresponsible, not to freaking seal darkness. When you seal darkness with it, you can use it a lot more and thats alright.
>>
>>379213990
>it's not okay to have a favorite weapon to main
>but it's okay to main a favorite piece of armor for looks

you're everything wrong with the fanbase
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-19-07-51-45-1.png (143KB, 1080x761px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-19-07-51-45-1.png
143KB, 1080x761px
>>379212840
I think I was the first anon to laugh at that dude.

Another one of my personal favourites was the idiot who claimed that BotW is a bad game because too many people like it.
>>
>>379214036
>you're not allowed to use the master sword as a weapon

Any zelda fan would be fuming at the mouth at the thought of losing access to the series most treasured weapon
>>
>>379214000
That's what disappointed me in games like Horizon Zero Dawn. It was literally an empty game. I felt so stressed that I didn't check every corner of every ruin until I found out that there's literally nothing to find everywhere. The game just isn't made to be like that.

In Fallout 4 at least every location had some little story and something memorable behind it.
>>
>>379213867
I'm not just twelve, I'm twelve three times over. So you can see why I REALLY want that.

Also, it's a mainstay that there was no reason to get rid of, other than voice acting.

The real reason however is that this is their opportunity for reestablishing the franchise altogether, so they really want to hammer home with everyone this time that Zelda is the princess and the player character is named something else.
>>
>>379213784
>no naming your character
I'm glad they stopped doing that. What's the point of pretending that his name isn't Link
>>
>>379205807
R A I N
A
I
N

R A I N
A
I
N
>>
>>379208385
wat am i looking at
>>
>>379205807
There is nothing to fucking do. There is no reward for exploration, no substantial content. Combat is shallow, weapons break too fast, gets way too easy once you get a few hearts, divine beast are a joke and not a real dungeon, not enough enemies, unimpressive graphics, all side quests are shitty fetch quests bland story and all the shrines look the same and use the same physics puzzles with your few items to solve them. the whole game is a fucking gimmick.
>>
>>379214164
I sometimes feel like an outsider for adoring Zelda games but not giving a single toss about that sword.
>>
>>379214113
But that's true. A game that appeals to everyone appeals to no one.
>>
>>379205807
>Complaining about the Master Sword's durability when it just fixes itself after a ten minute wait

Fuck son, there's no reason to use any other weapons at all if you don't have it break every now and then.

Honestly, remove Master Sword and remove shrine warping. It should be just be towers or nothing. I also love the graphics thank you.
>>
>>379207001

>Enemy variety is non-existent.
Can agree. Probably only 10 types of monsters overall, but each has different combat and thinking. i appreciate that guardians with shieldbash/arrows, lynel attack skills OP, hinox eyes, and all other monsters

>Enemies in general have poor chase power unless its a Lynel or Guardian followed by Lizalfos who suck less hard than the other 3 enemies.
thats the idea. Its called variety

>Once you get to an certain level of item slots and hearts/stam, there's no point to explore the world more other than finding visually interesting locations because evrything else is seeds and shrines.
kinda agree but depends on view point. Some interesting shit, like finding fuckin unfindable shrines, and seeing new areas is fun for people like me.

>Sidequests are collectathons, killathons. interesting sidequests have shitty rewards. The good sidequests unlock yet another shrine. Eventide is most memorable side quest since I discovered it but it still unlocked another shrine.
Can agree, but you seem to be quite angry towards shrines. most sidequests just end in reward/combat shrines. Depends on gamer, Im assuming you want good reward, and some of them have them, (labyrinth had attack armour), but shrines are where you get them. some dont have, buts thats just any game. if you give me a better comparison. maybe ill understand

>Divine Beast quests are almost entirely the same thing except for the sneaking Goron one. The other 3 were just talk to important NPC, do a thing so they can help, break 4 things on the divine beast, enter. Inside it's more or less the same objective of finding the terminals with some movement based gimmick.
because fits story of same machines, help you understand generally, than solve real puzzles. also no, Gerudo=master kohga, Zora=waifu, ruto=falco clone still fun

>Ganon as always, was a disappointment to fight but that's probably a series staple at this point.
agree as fuck.
>>
>>379214349
>Being this mad.
Please.
>>
>>379206246
Climb six shuffles then jump. You can still make good progress with this method.
You slip on the seventh move if I recall correctly.
>>
>>379214218
The point is that it isn't ever fucking importnat whether his name is Link.

What's important is that the player connects with the avatar.

I'm not that upset though. Breath of the Wild provides a LOT of opportunities for mkaing sure Link feels like he's your man in the field.
>>
>>379208619
>one of the 5 songs is BOTW is the fucking skyward sword theme

ok m8
>>
File: 1495085116155.gif (2MB, 250x191px) Image search: [Google]
1495085116155.gif
2MB, 250x191px
>>379214349
I love seeing this level of desperation.
>>
>>379205807
Every quest and puzzle in the word has the same reward, a shrine. After the first dozen I just wanted them to give me the heart upgrade item outright.
>>
>>379205807
samefag bosses
ending suck
dungeons suck
lags
no underwater
no hookshot
no replay value
>>
>>379213973
Swords
>>
>>379214441
>A game that is so good it gets universal appraise
>Must be shit then

Kill yourself you deluded salty child
>>
File: 1496546600444.jpg (81KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1496546600444.jpg
81KB, 800x450px
>>379205807
For some reason, someone is playing the Song of Storms every in game hour
>>
>>379214441
That's doesn't make any sense, anon.

Everyone can find the same thing appealing. That doesn't mean it isn't appealing to any of them.
>>
File: koizumi is a boss.jpg (12KB, 266x190px) Image search: [Google]
koizumi is a boss.jpg
12KB, 266x190px
>>379209393
majora fuckin mask

Lemme tell ya boys, this is what I want. Guy in pic, KOIZUMI, to do an OPEN WORLD ZELDA .

Literally shit wil be insane.
>>
>>379214612
desperation for what? The game is a 7/10 being very generous and that's just because of all the gimmicky "polish" moments and sheer amount of decent puzzles even if they are repetitive.
>>
>>379214585
>one of the 5 songs is BOTW is the fucking skyward sword theme

What
>>
File: 5eb20c68d1d22cd2ddb4ac17d78c15cc.jpg (466KB, 400x1066px) Image search: [Google]
5eb20c68d1d22cd2ddb4ac17d78c15cc.jpg
466KB, 400x1066px
>we'll never get the attlp or the oot formula ever again

I just want comfy villages with proper characters and immersive dungeons like before. we can have some legit stuff now if aonuma can just stop trying to do silly shit like with SS and Botw. You can have the experience of the old Zelda simply by following what alttp did.
>>
>>379214715
>>379214789
Come back when your IQ hits three digits.
>>
>>379214783
Literally just look at the whether forecast for the next couple hours in the corner there.

I get the feeling that most people who complain about the rain never fucking use it.
>>
>>379214492
The master sword fixes itself after you deplete all its uses which is worse. Never when its not being used.
>>
>>379209484
>no level up system

MAN FUCK the LEVEL UP SYSTEM. This aint no bullshit pokemans.

Thats the one thing I liked about this game. I literally was the same thing at the start, but I learnt skills.
>>
>>379214920
That doesn't make any sense either.
>>
>>379214891
I'm sure most new zelda will be like Link between worlds or more like the original LOZ. Open world but with actual dungeons that can be played in any order.

We'll never get a tight dense experience like majoras mask though
>>
>>379213973
disappointing
>>
>>379214989
T. 14 years old
>>
>>379209484
>Wanting XP and levels in Zelda

I feel violated for just having thought the thought for a moment there. Thanks a lot for raping me, anon.
>>
>>379215179
it worked fine in Zelda 2 newfag
>>
File: 1496094844622.jpg (32KB, 480x251px) Image search: [Google]
1496094844622.jpg
32KB, 480x251px
>>379214920
Stay salty. I love how you cry babies can't accept Nintendo's achievements and success. It literally fills me with an endless joy. Cry some more for me. Your tears sustain me.
>>
>>379215170
>advocate for levels and XP calls others 14-year-olds

rich
>>
>>379214164
Yeah, nice weapon mate, but it wasnt mate to play around with some little shits, just to seal real darkness. Would you use the most treasured weapon to just stick it to shit? Or to kill real enemy - Ganon? :^)
>>
>>379215310
>being this much of a fanboy for a childrens toy company

get a life dude
>>
>>379215264
It didn't really though.
>>
File: chrome_2017-04-12_19-43-44.png (108KB, 213x224px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-04-12_19-43-44.png
108KB, 213x224px
>>379215310
Literally this. You and me both my dear boy.
>>
>>379215310

>people discussing the game and what coulda been better
>hurr salty

Go away.
>>
>>379215327
Not everyone who replies to you is the person you replied to before newfag. I called you 14 because of your prose alone.
>>
>>379213867
>forgetting that different names ment different saves
>cant even have different saves on the switch
>>
>>379215409
I think he's just a fan of seeing little bitches writhe in pools of their own tears because they hate a childrens toy company so much that their life falls to pieces when someone wants to buy the toys.
>>
>>379205807
I can't play it on my PS4, so it sucks.
>>
>>379215080
fuck. I really hate modern nintendo
>>
>>379215310
This.

/v/ will never recover from the ass blasting from BotW.
>>
>>379215353
That wasnt a problem any zelda prior. I dont know why it's an issue now.
>>
>>379215504
Well jokes on both of us I guess, because I didn't write that post either.
>>
>>379206272

>he beat the Lynel

You're ready for Ganon in all honesty.
>>
Honestly, we get this great physics engine but not a whole lot of tools to fuck around with. The bombs and anti-gavity thing are great, but the rest just feels lazy. I wish we got some more cool tools, or decent upgades for the exsisting ones.
>>
>>379215584
I think your both just autistic and projecting your strong manchild emotions onto others. No one is seething with rage at people liking shitty games, they are just saying why the game isn't very good and why people who like it are stupid. It has nothing to do with hating nintendo.
>>
>>379215474
That's not really what was happening though.
>>
>It's a vee tries show off their ultra contrarian taste episode
>>
File: 142125125234.jpg (21KB, 431x373px) Image search: [Google]
142125125234.jpg
21KB, 431x373px
>>379215617

Fuck off nigger, Nintendo is doing amazing right now.

If you dont like the direction it looks like they are going in now then you never fucking liked them.
>>
>>379214970
Why? Just use it until it breaks and >>SWITCH<< -CLACK!-
to something else. Personally l mostly use it as a lighter. You're supposed to be looking out for new weapons to use. Honestly I'm really mad that they're going to unlock the empowered master sword at all times because a 60 damage self-repairing broadsword at all times is fucking bullshit.
>>
>>379215824
low quality bait. No more (you)s for you
>>
>>379214441
Kill yourself
>>
>>379215748
See, there it is. Beautiful sustenance. Keep it coming.
>>
File: no_games.png (350KB, 1901x701px) Image search: [Google]
no_games.png
350KB, 1901x701px
>>379215824
>Nintendo is doing amazing right now.
>>
>>379205807
Two biggest issues:
No proper dungeons (only Hyrulean Castle is quite big, but empty) with a lot of enemies.
And poor difficulty curve. It's ok for the first maybe 15-20 hours, but then it gets way too easy. When I was going to Ganon it was more like walk in the park, then some epic challenge and clash.
Minor issues:
Combat could be better (dodging, parrying and stuff doesnt feel good at all and it's hard to predict movements of an enemy, the animations are messy)
Durability on some early weapons are really annoying
There could be more types of weapon and enemies

Minor issues can be ignored, but the major ones can't, they are making the game no more 10 out of 10 for me.
>>
>>379214964
Go figure, you can't individual HUD elements so if you don't want minimap everything else has to go.
>>
File: WQvxd0H.png (250KB, 622x348px) Image search: [Google]
WQvxd0H.png
250KB, 622x348px
>>379215748
Stay mad.
>>
>>379215886
>Honestly I'm really mad that they're going to unlock the empowered master sword at all times because a 60 damage self-repairing broadsword at all times is fucking bullshit.
Again the master sword was unbreakable for every zelda until recently. Why is it suddenly a big deal?
>>
>>379215748
>people who like it are stupid

Holy shit dude. Can you hear yourself?
>>
>>379205807
>The Master Sword breaks too
>The Master Sword breaks\
>Master Sword breaks

NINTENDIAPERS WILL DEFEND THIS
>>
>>379205807

Hyrule castle should have been a proper zelda dungeon with a shrine right before Ganon instead of having that waterfall path that let's you skip the entire place your first time through.

>tfw beat Ganon and don't know what the castle area looks like

Also fuck the DLC giving items that should have been in to begin with like the traveler coin and unbreakable master sword.

My biggest complaint, though, is that they added so much content that isn't even worth touching. Who needs 4 star gear? What am I going to do with it? There is a ton of content that wreaks of "post game" just due to being harder to reach than Ganon. Yet, there's no real incentive to do it because exploring is annoying later in and there's no big enemy boss that makes the gear worth having.

Why can't I have multiple save slots so I can have a standard file and a no divine beast file?
>>
File: 1496599461256.png (209KB, 439x570px) Image search: [Google]
1496599461256.png
209KB, 439x570px
I've only played a bit of it so I couldn't tell you.
If I had to guess though:

>The music is non-existent. Compared to even a 3DS title like A Link Between Worlds, it's terrible.
>The technology is interesting, but it doesn't translate to interesting gameplay. It's more, "oh look I can do that."
>Weapons degrading is an absolutely shitty mechanic that I can't believe people defend, ever.
>Ugly graphics, but that's the style they wanted I guess so totally subjective.
>Enemy variety just isn't there.
>No interesting boss fights.
>Non existent story, but that's a Zelda issue.
>>
File: 1494701897505.gif (87KB, 192x197px) Image search: [Google]
1494701897505.gif
87KB, 192x197px
>no redeads or gibdos
>no humanoid stalfos/children
>no dedicated horror themed areas like Ikana or proper Kakariko

Zelda used to do horror so well and it was so interesting to see in an otherwise lively game.

I've been waiting fifteen years.
>>
>>379216076
>woah not everyone is a vapid relativist
>>
>>379215976
What?

The forecast is always there. Always.
Right below the thermometer and the clock.
>>
>>379215937
>Post /v/ screencap as argument.
Not an argument shill.
>>
>>379216102
>Not understanding what Nintendo were trying to do with the game.
>>
File: collage sex version.png (982KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
collage sex version.png
982KB, 1024x512px
>>379216218
>>
>>379216217
You can't hide individual HUD elements*
Minimap is basically cheating in a game about exploration, so I'd rather play about it. You can't just hide the minimap, though.
>>
>>379213089
I think they look the coolest out of any group of people in hyrule. They would be my favorite group but Revali is a pretentious piece of shit and the village is underwhelming.
>>
>>379215886
It breaks too easily means it breaks too easily. You can't even fight 3 Chuchus with it before it breaks. I'm not arguing against the durability in itself, just that it's too weak. Also it shouldn't be weaker than the Royal Broadsword.
>>
>>379216215
Today's faggiest post. Well done.
>>
Weapon durability is lame in general. Shrines are a shit replacement for actual dungeons, the game gets dull the way all open worlds do after a few hours, still purty gud though. Neat attentions to detail and such, it's no 10/10 "revolutionary game oh meh gerd" like every fan boy screams while wetting their pants, but it's better then a lot of open world games out there.
>>
>>379216225
We all know what they were trying to do. They were trying to pad the exploration with breakable weapons cause they weren't assed enough to make actual content to find in said exploration game.
>>
>>379216225
it was fucking dumb. A non-breakable weapon would mean more enemy type variety. because everything breaks so fast most enemies need to be humanoids that drop a weapon.
>>
>>379216225
Case in fucking point
>>
>>379216225
Nintendo was trying to release a tech demo for $60 + DLC tip and they succeeded.
>>
File: 1492862947126.jpg (74KB, 400x560px) Image search: [Google]
1492862947126.jpg
74KB, 400x560px
>>379216215
Ok look, BotW is NOT perfect, nothing is. But the game's minor quibbles come nowhere close to overshadowing what is an incredible video game experience. What Nintendo achieved, on the tech they used, is fucking astonishing.

Are you really so in-denial, so irrationally hateful of Nintendo, that you can't even acknowledge that? Really? That's pathetically immature on any level.
>>
File: manhandla.jpg (97KB, 963x830px) Image search: [Google]
manhandla.jpg
97KB, 963x830px
>>379213148

>no plant enemies at all in the jungle
>no giant octorok/gyorg in the ocean

It's like they thought "you know, bosses for specific environments are neat!" then they made Molduga and said fuck it, put in some Taluses.
>>
>>379216313
Ah. That way around.

Sorry anon, I took you for a fool there for a second.

Sounds like hiding just the map might be useful. I don't really use it anyway personally, but the thermometer, clock, and forecast I use all the time.
>>
>>379216184
>Horror in Zelda games

Actually that's a really good point. I remember being really frightened as a kid when playing LTTP in the eastern palace and dealing with it's boss. Never had that experience again.
>>
File: aaadev.jpg (134KB, 1122x755px) Image search: [Google]
aaadev.jpg
134KB, 1122x755px
You can describe the lack of anything in botw with this picture. It's the very mindset affecting most games.
>>
>>379216541
This kinda, I feel like BotW is sort of the ground work for a better game down the line, with some improvements it could become really good.
>>
Pretty much all of Link's character progression is linked to shrines and korok seeds, the only other major form of progression being Great Fairy fountains.
The game is full of charming NPCs and has the best quest tracker in the series, but most of the quests are pointless because they don't contribute to making Link any better. Without bottles to get or capacity upgrades to unlock it's just pointless.

Enemy variety is shameful, it's better than Skyward Sword was, but yet again the game has less variety in enemies for the whole run than Ocarina did when you were just a child.

Controls feel really sloppy, seriously the sidestep in this game is so slow and doesn't seem to even go the same distance every time, it feels so much less definite than the Ocarina sidejump. Beyond that, the game seems to use Havok physics or something that feels similar, so using physics in combat is unpredictable at best.

And beyond that, for a game with a world so huge, there is just not much to actually do. You only gain progression from doing shrines and korok seeds and nothing else. Having this big well crafted open world to explore and discover things in is pointless when you learn a few hours in there's only two things worth discovering.
>>
File: FOREVER_ASSBLASTED.jpg (3MB, 1000x5118px) Image search: [Google]
FOREVER_ASSBLASTED.jpg
3MB, 1000x5118px
>>379216391
>N-no content!

Everytime.

I await the desperate denial.
>>
>>379205807
No temples (divine beasts are just larger shrines really)
Really big and varied landscape but nothing to fucking do other than find shrines and korok seeds
Divine beast sidequests are all piss easy and formulaic to support the "any order" bullshit.
You already know what your reward is for just about everything, loses all surprises or mystery an hour in.
The four items you get appear in the first hour, all the tablet things are very situational aside from bombs.
Underwhelming final boss
Less music
Weapons aren't varied enough.
There's like 8 rito in the whole game.
>>
>>379216571
Be more subtle.
>>
File: tumblr_on4ut2Q5eA1tnjmmio1_1280.png (158KB, 632x604px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_on4ut2Q5eA1tnjmmio1_1280.png
158KB, 632x604px
If there's one complaint I have about recent zeldas, I can live the rest of my life without seeing another fucking bokblin enemy. They are the laziest designs I ever seen and pretty much contribute to the reused asset shit.
>>
>>379215580
You have like a billion saves, not including user profiles.
>>
>>379216785
Botw has no content. The difference between me saying it and your projection of a Sonyfag coming in to say it is that I don't need to justify shit to you. The game speaks for itself. It's boring and does nothing special.
>>
>>379216787
Sounds like you still had fun though.
>>
>>379216892
Bokoblins are just one more reason I hate Wind Waker.
>>
>>379217012
no
>>
>master sword cant even kill a single Lynel without shattering
>>
>>379216646
I missed a word like a fool.
It's stupid, though. A lot of games let you adjust HUD elements individually. Horizon even lets you choose between on, off and "show only when relevant" like only showing health when you're missing some.
I haven't gotten very far but I feel like the noise meter will be very redundant and temperature can be judged by the environment/temperature effects, but weather can't really be judged very far into the future. You can just kinda expect it when it gets cloudy.
>>
>>379215080
>We'll never get a tight dense experience like majoras mask though
Why not? They came back to lttp after twenty years.
>>
I hate that you have to add pictures to your album before they go in the compendium. I'd love for them to add that in a future patch.
>>
>>379216785
It's better then a lot of open worlds but still gets boring fairly fast, and tedious as fuck with all the stupid systems in place, it did a lot of things right, but it also has a lot of room to improve.
>>
>>379205807
They're fixing that in the dlc.
>>
>>379216996
But it really is something rather special and it does have a lot of content.
>>
File: 1495740315345.png (630KB, 1340x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1495740315345.png
630KB, 1340x1080px
>>379216785
Saved. How will /v/ ever recover.
>>
>>379217103
wheres the challenge in that? Think about it
>>
>>379216675

I'm amazed they didn't expand on that more along with air combat. Most similar to something I sort of wanted was the water crater in Majora's Mask where there the deep sea serpents were lurking. Imagine falling down a hole with a hangglider, every few seconds there's a huge breath that prevents you from fully gliding to the bottom while the holes that you can see are indicated with glowing eyes and sharp teeth but you need to go there to recover your stamina. And at the very bottom, there'll be some huge creature just sleeping, whose exhalations were what caused you to glide down in the first place.
>>
File: 4913684915636.jpg (73KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
4913684915636.jpg
73KB, 1024x576px
Takes a good hour or so before you can leave the Plateau and can start your adventure proper.

Spirit Zelda is the 2nd most annoying companion.

Voice acting is decent at its best, but I expected better. Also it has Sonic Adventure 2 levels of lip syncing.

The rain serves no purpose other than to limit and inconvenience you.

Shrines are too samey with that blue hue and same music. Also what's the deal with the motionless guy at the end?

The divine beasts, while having slightly different gimmicks, also feel very samey in execution

There's no reply value pre-dlc.

Hard mode is locked behind $20 dlc

The frame rate, while better than at launch, can still shit the bed at times.

Game has artificial difficulty. It's not that hard, but so many enemies are just capable of one-shot kills.

Too many humanoid enemies.

None of the shops carry weapons or potions and stopping to collect resources for healing items can be tiresome.

Rock climbing is too slow yes I know you can speed it up, but that sped up climbing should've been the starting point

Upgrading armor is needed for survivability later on, but it's a massive chore that requires way too many ruppees and materials

Urbosa's Fury, Daruk's Shield and Ravioli's Gale doesn't start recharging until after you've completely depleted their usage

Wearing cold resistant clothes doesn't make you more vulnerable to heat or vise versa. I could wear a winter jacket and pants in the desert and be fine because of wearing a heat resistant hat. Likewise, I could be on Mt. Everest shirtless because of the right pants and headgear.

Weapon durability

I still liked the game though. I give it a 7/10
>>
>>379217220
there's nothing challenging about a weapon breaking system
>>
>>379217085
So how would you know any of the things you posted?

You'd need to have played for at least fifty hours to make those claims.

I'd be hard pressed to believe you didn't enjoy yourself just a little bit.
>>
>>379217220
it's not even a good weapon, the Royal Swords you find everywhere are about as good. Might as well just use the Master Sword for breaking gem rocks and nothing else.
>>
>>379205807
>Can't complain about the intrusively shitty visuals
>Can complain about a rechargeable weapon breaking when the game shits weapons all over you

Nah
>>
>>379216785
lol its funny that the person puts down the game journo websits, because 8 of those websites are fucking sjw garbage and trash
>>
>>379215953
>only Hyrulean Castle is quite big, but empty
What are you talking about? There are tons of guardians outside and normal enemies inside.
>>
>>379217224
You're describing a zelda game in an alternate universe where nintendo still made good games.
>>
File: 012c.png (5KB, 480x432px) Image search: [Google]
012c.png
5KB, 480x432px
>>379216675
For me it was the graveyard in Link's awakening. It was my introduction to Zelda and when I found the graveyard I was so horrified by the eternally rising redead that l refused to enter for the longest time without Bowow.

It and the royal family's tomb also stemmed my fascination with horror from then on to adulthood.
>>
>>379217289
well then go play skyrim if you want a game to hold your hand the entire time, jesus. If you can't play a game how the developer wanted you to play it then you need to play something more casual
>>
>>379216785
Wtf, I've played like 60 hours and only did about 7 of those things. How did I miss all that?
>>
I felt like I was running around a giant emptiness looking for

1) orange rocks
2) circular formations
3) my objective waypoint

for the entire game, and the lack of anything happening in between was almost kind of creepy
>>
>>379217375
This. Anyone who has any faith in nintendo is retarded. You used to buy a console as an investment that you would be getting many games above everything else on the market. Now they can't even make a single 8/10 game.
>>
>>379217327
because fags like yourself would say that no one's opinion doesnt matter if they don't play the game. And now your argument is that since a person did, they had to have fun, so they can't make a criticism about it

Your mental gymnastics is astonishing
>>
>>379217254
>Also what's the deal with the motionless guy at the end?
Look up Sokushinbutsu.
>>
>>379216345
The royal broadsword is GONE when you break it. It's one of the high tier weapons. Master sword should stay middle of the road, period. Especially because it shoots beams.
>>
>>379217508
You need to actually explore and talk to people.
>>
>>379217138
Thing is it doesn't necessarily cloud up until moments before it starts pouring.

Noise gauge is only relevant for reminding you to put on your stealthiest shit whenever it becomes relevant.

Hopefully the "additional map functionality" update will add customizable HUD. At least the movement tracker is said to be a free update for everyone, and not just expansion pass owners.
>>
>>379217012

>>379217085 is an imposter.
I enjoyed it for the most part, I still think it coulda been a better true-to-form zelda. It was unnecessary.

Better than Skyward Sword, worse than TP in my opinion.
>>
>>379217508
Kek, that is literally only a small selection of things to do in the game. The no content meme is just desperate shit posting.
>>
>>379217627
No, your's are.

You played over fifty hours and had no fun whatsoever, and now everyone must know?

Are you a fucking retard?
>>
I don't really get why several anons are saying shit like "it gets boring after around 10 hours", since you can't even have seen the whole map in that time (takes at least 40 hours to do that at minimum), but I do agree with >>379208430 (although I felt Naboris [the camel divine beast] had a good level of challenge to it).

Given what was said in the gameawards 2014 teaser, they probably planned to have more traditional dungeons but for one reason or another scrapped them in favor of the shrines (perhaps because shrines are quicker to design than a proper themed dungeon?); I still like the game a LOT but it could've been GOTYAY if they had some traditional dungeons mixed in.
>>
>>379217889
From now on, when I call a game shit, I'm going to say cause it looked like shit from the trailers, and fags like yourself can't stop me
>>
>>379217738
>>379217878

Honestly, I've been doing so much stuff.. I know I feel like I'm being retarded but I've talked to so much people and did so many quest. still managed to miss so much still. wtf
>>
>>379217927
Most of the game pads you with its boring traveling and exploration. It stretches this experience out not for the sake of exploration but for the sake of artificially extending your time in the game. This isn't new. Rpgs were doing it back in the 90s. Except they weren't plagued by open world empty shit.
>>
>>379217889
>people can't play a game for significant amount of time and dislike it
Come on, dude. You're trying to make him seem biased but you're making yourself look like the opposite extreme.
>>
>>379217824
Aight, thanks for the answer, and I agree to some extent.

Which also means that I'm not too concerned about whether they will have enough new things to work with for the next Zelda game.

It can still be an open world structure while bringing back more of the mainstays.
>>
>>379216573
I just wish the Lanayru dragon was a real boss.
>>
>>379217949
That's fine. At least it's honest.

>>379218040
Well it turns out I was right though, didn't it? >>379217824
>>
>>379217254
>Urbosa's Fury, Daruk's Shield and Ravioli's Gale doesn't start recharging until after you've completely depleted their usage

I seem to recall that they start recharging if you deactivate them in the inventory. I might be wrong.
>>
Combat is mostly pointless. Seriously, there is almost zero reason to fight anything.

get a single Guardian/Ancient Shield from a combat shrine and you're golden, the only enemies worth killing are Guardians, which you can easily kill with shield parrying, which doesn't use durability at all.
>>
>>379218040
And that greentext isn't waht I said at all.

I have enjoyed myself with games I dislike in the end. Otherwise I would have kept playing.

I think Okami is a great example of that.
>>
>>379218029
if you truly find exploration boring then I seriously question why you even got this game to begin with.
>>
>>379217991
Nothing to feel bad about dude, I actually envy you because you get to experience all that for the first time.

The whodunit usually goes missed by a lot of people. Theres a book of villagers troubles in Impa's house in Kakariko Village, if you can help everyone, it will start the whodunit mystery quest.
>>
>>379216974
DIFFERENT saves. try starting a new game without profile name change
>>
>>379218381
Not him, but exploration is only exciting when there's still surprises waiting for you.

Aside from the dragons, Breath of the Wild has nothign worth finding other than shrines.
>>
Ganon sucks major ass. He's played up to be the most powerful incarnation yet, but he just ends up as a bigger disappointment because of it, and to top it off he has almost no dignity left. The one successful thing he did was steal the robot army because he'd already gotten his ass kicked by them before. After that he turns into a massive bitch who's put through the wringer harder than ever before, and I ended up feeling sorry for him at the end. It's sort of like how winning some boss fights in LISA makes me feel worse because at the end you're pummeling a guy who can barely stand anymore but refuses to give up.

What the game should have done is to actually deliver on the threat of Ganon's power growing over time. The way it is, you can dick around and 100% the game, then you show up to find Ganon's jury-rigged robot spider body and crush him with all the tools you've gotten. I think Ganon begins making his new body once Link activates the towers or something, so if you get there after doing every other main quest, Ganon manages to finish his body and becomes much harder. Like, once you defeat Calamity Ganon, he explodes to reveal a terminator-ish Ganondorf who really starts wrecking your shit.
>>
>>379218541
>Aside from the dragons, Breath of the Wild has nothign worth finding other than shrines.
complete horseshit, instead of wasting my time listing things to see and do I'll just refer you to >>379216785
>>
File: 06C.jpg (357KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
06C.jpg
357KB, 1280x720px
>>379218659
Ganon should have been the humanoid badass he previously was going to be. But that would have required Nintendo to give story and more lines, and they cant have that with a small budget.
>>
File: BXRuwJE.jpg (737KB, 840x4596px) Image search: [Google]
BXRuwJE.jpg
737KB, 840x4596px
>>379205807
What we need is another Twilight Princess. Almost all the complaints people have with BotW aren't present in TP. TP was the perfect Zelda game.

Not enough dungeons? Twilight Princess has the most of any 3D zelda.

Nothing to do in the BotW OW beyond autismo exploring and chasing after shrines via a god awful hot cold system? Twilight Princess had tightly knit OW with shrine like secrets everywhere and actual memorable locations beyond all this open world 'freedom'.

Not enough items in BotW? Twilight Princess had a ton of items and even sword techniques to vary up combat. Even the classics were reworked into something cool. The standard bow and arrow got BOMBS glued on, hookshots got multiplied by TWO allowing for really cool parkour, and the iron boots were made magnetic. Hell it even had unique items such as a spinning top that has really fun puzzles and a bossfight focused around it, a giant fucking ball and chain pilfered off a miniboss that felt AWESOME to shrek enemies with, and a magic rod that let's you take control of statues found all over Hyrule.

Not enough music in BotW? Twilight Princess has an entire fucking orchestra with remasters of the most beloved LoZ songs in the franchise.

Boring story in BotW? Twilight Princess had one of the most engaging , well threaded together stories of all Zeldas. Twilight Princess was one of the only LoZ's that made me cry multiple times. I was that invested in the game. I can't do it justice without just prattling on the whole thing but man it's just so good.

Underwhelming final boss in BotW? Twilight Princess had not one, but two dungeons leading up to the final boss with many different stages to the fight including a callback fight to every other boss in the game, a classic magic baseball fight, an epic horseback war, and a 1 on 1 swordfight with the big man himself. The climax of this game was so god damn good I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it ELEVEN years after it's release.
>>
>>379218659
I liked the design they gave Ganon, especially the Dark Beast form, but yeah I agree.
>>379218790
wouldn't have made much sense to have him in humanoid form imo given the backstory
>>
>>379218803
It had about four final boss fights, just to correct you there, but it was a grand game. Just fuck those teardrop sections.
>>
>>379218727
How many of those actually lead to heart pieces or stamina upgrades of fairy shrines or Korok Seeds?

Because those are the only things worth even a remote portion of your time in the game due to how limited and shitty the character progression in the game is.
>>
>>379218659
>he has almost no dignity left
I actually thought that was the point. By this point in the timeline, Ganon has had his ass kicked so many times that he is just a fucking mess. He looks horrendous. Zelda even comments that he has given up on reincarnation.
>>
>>379218906
the backstory is a product of the same reason Ganon wasnt given that form: nintendo too the laziest approach with this game.
>>
File: GEE.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
GEE.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>379218659
>Ganon is just another humanoid thing with a Guardian laser
>Beast Ganon barely fucking moves, has one attack, and is LITERALLY "SHOOT THE EYE"
>>379219007
>Zelda even comments that he has given up on reincarnation
That's literally only in the English version. In every other language he REFUSED to give up on reincarnation.
>>
>>379214331
A trainer. He set the durability high enough for it to never break during normal gameplay.
>>379214492
>Fuck son, there's no reason to use any other weapons at all if you don't have it break every now and then.
So, depending on the master sword is suddenly a problem now?
>>
File: ce8.jpg (48KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
ce8.jpg
48KB, 600x600px
>>379218803
>What we need is another Twilight Princess.
>TP was the perfect Zelda game.

pls
>>
>>379218962
>heart pieces
You sound like a real expert.
>>
>>379218886
nigga I ain't reading all that shit, also did you write all those posts or something? As otherwise I don't get why you'd link all of them as if you read and agreed with all of them; just doesn't seem likely to me.
>>379218962
it's about the journey, not the reward - imo you don't need an incentive to do these things, just the satisfaction from playing. Nonetheless, some of them lead to special armors or rare/unique weapons and stuff.
>>379219021
As much as I hate the ganon fight, I don't think they did it as a lazy approach since the designs of the 2 forms and the overall appearance and fighting style of it don't look at all easy to do. They just fucked it up in terms of challenge, and whoever was writing the story dropped the ball as well by not including some dialogue for Ganon (even if it was contained in a flashback or something, it would've been great to see).
>>
>>379217878

You can dress it up as much as you'd like. The majority of the content in the game are collecathons and fetch quests. The overall objective is different but the way you go about doing these things is in most cases not much different from what you're doing for the entire game.

There are good sidequests scattered around for sure, the issue with those is that there is no satisfying conclusion to them because the reward is always the same. Cleanse a dragon's corruption, shrine. Stand under the Blood moon naked, shrine. What's at the end of this pitch black plain, shrine. What's at the end of this winding labyrinth, shrine. What is the reward when I carry the ice block through the shade back to the brewer, a mofuggin shrine. Past midgame, there is no reward, gear-wise, that can be truly called a great reward. Weapons are picked up and discarded constantly. Armor is just stats unless you're trying to crossdress everywhere. Food is everywhere and easily farmed once you know where the good stuff is. Money overflows if you just raid any mining spot. The game lacks aton of reward avenues so exploration in this game is largely a self-contained endeavor where you explore to find resources so that you can explore.
>>
>>379218962
In Zelda games, sidequests ALWAYS lead to heart pieces or rupees. That's just a staple of the series. The sidequests in BotW have the same rewards as every Zelda. Nobody nitpicks the other Zelda games over content do they? BotW has absolutely tons more content than any other Zelda. I guess people just desperately want to find a fault with BotW.
>>
>>379219403
>nigga I ain't reading all that shit
Then don't link to a wall of text yourself, you biased moron.
>>
>>379219403
>it's about the journey, not the reward - imo you don't need an incentive to do these things, just the satisfaction from playing
Sorry I don't have autism.
Weapons are a garbage reward because they break in 2 seconds.
Armors are pointless aside from the climbing set because Ancient Armor is the best in the game.
>>
>>379219403
Those are all posts pointing out legitimate flaws with the game while your image cherrypicks sidequests. It's like saying Wind Waker has a ton of content because there's a lot of chests and Great Fairy islands.
>>
>>379219513
I linked to an image, to be honest though I skim-read the first few posts and they didn't seem particularly relevant to the discussion earlier.
>>
File: nokia.png (75KB, 277x322px) Image search: [Google]
nokia.png
75KB, 277x322px
>>379219403
>nigga I ain't reading all that shit
>links to an image with an equal amount of text
>>
>>379219469
Oh right there's no such thing as bottles or capacity upgrades or permanent upgrades and even entire optional items in the other Zelda games, just heart pieces and rupees.

BotW has way less content than Ocarina did only it also spreads it out in a massive empty world.
>>
>>379219410

See >>379218962
>>
>>379218962
>"how limited and shitty the character progression in the game is."

>clearly hasn't even played the game

>character progression is actually more extensive than most other Zeldas

Thou hast got to be pulling this leg of mine
>>
>>379219589
>having fun is now a form of autism
gee I guess the critical and commercial success of the game is all from autists
>>379219707
see >>379219628
>>
>>379219741
it's funny as, aside from bottles, BotW has all those things as well.
>>
>>379219469

Bomb bags? Quivers? Wallet? Magic Meter? Maybe parts you can attach to your hangglider to make it maneuver better? Something to make your shield into a real skateboard? It doesn't have to be just heart pieces. The mechanics are already here in BotW, there are tons of ways it could have explored upgrading that wasn't just korok seeds, orbs, and great fairies who only upgraded gear.
>>
>>379219762
>character progression is actually more extensive than most other Zeldas

lol what? it's the most limited it has EVER been aside from the 4 Swords games.
>>
>>379219410
But lots of quests have a meaningful outcome of either activating a laboratory or finding a character that will continue to appear elsewhere.

Sure there are many Shrine quests, but those even have their own quest menu so that you can NOT do those if you think they're boring.
>>
>>379219879
honestly all of those things sound completely redundant aside from maybe the glider upgrade idea (I think it'd be interesting to have an item to control the wind, although not the actual wind waker baton as that shit's annoying to use).
>>
>>379219898
But that's incorrect.

Or at the very least a highly subjective assessment.
>>
>>379219872
BotW doesn't have capacity upgrades, you start with an endless quiver and endless wallet and literally endless amount of bombs.

Just inventory slots for weapons that break in 2 minutes.
And it sure as shit doesn't have bottles, which in the previous 3D games were one of the absolute most important items.
let alone stuff like the magic meter and more tools like getting bombchus or Nayru's/Din's/Farore's.
>>
>>379219589
>I don't have autism, so all I care about is making my numbers bigger
What kind of sidequests would make you happy?
>>
>>379219741
You don't need bottles in BotW. You're not restricted in any way like that. You honestly think a bottle system would have been a good idea on BotW.

And you DO get capacity upgrades. That's what the korok seeds are for.

There is not a single person on this planet that you're going to convince OoT has more content than BotW. That's just absolute nonsense.
>>
>>379218659
>BotW Hyrule is """ruined"""
>it looks peaceful as shit nearly everywhere
>OoT future Hyrule is """ruined"""
>less monsters in the overworld

Ganondorf is actually the real hero of hyrule
>>
>>379220190
>enemy variety
>bosses
>actually decent sidequests with permanent rewards that matter
>loads of dungeons
>much more inventory items for solving puzzles and use in combat

And all this in a world smaller than the opening area in BotW. BotW's content consists of superfluous padding like most shitty open world games.
>>
>>379219879
So gaining the devine beasts' powers and upgrading your tablet doesn't count at all?

Neither does having two really good horses stabled for different kinds of tasks with your relationships maxed out?
>>
>>379214964
The weather forecast doesn't really "work" near area transitions. I remember I was once climbing a steep cliff on a sunny day with nothing but sun/clouds in the forecast but then it suddenly started raining just as I was about to reach the top. All because the cliff was a natural border between two game regions and the region it led to had rain as the current weather. This is bullshit and everyone should know it.
>>
>>379220131
because trying to find or grind for capacity upgrades would've been a pain in the ass, even the inventory slots is pushing it. Bottles I always felt were an awful concept in Zelda games, you probably disagree with that but I just never saw the reason for having bottles as a hard-to-find collectable (of even a collectable at all) - by all means have the potions rare, but not the bottles themselves; it always felt pathetic as well to find a bottle as a reward anyway, since I rarely need to use them aside from a couple instances in the entire series where they're necessary to progress. Also, I don't feel the magic meter specifically is necessary, but by all means more magic abilities (or, I guess in BotW's case: sheikah slate upgrades) would be very welcome.
>>
>>379219628
>and they didn't seem particularly relevant to the discussion earlier
Most of them point out how shallow the majority of sidequests are.
>>
>>379220416
To be fair he successfully ruined Hyrule Castle Town, Goron Village, Lon Lon Ranch, and Zora's Domain, and he at least attempted to get Kakariko as well.

Gerudo Valley he seemed to leave around either due to that being his origin or because it's already a wasted shithole.
>>
>>379220487
But you still do grind for capacity upgrades. Hell, in BotW it's more of a grind than in any other Zelda. In OoT you have to solve decent sidequests or show proficiency at the game's controls by successfully perfecting minigames.

In BotW it's just walk around until you see an obvious Korok location and do the little puzzle. Only you do it 900 times.

And that's completely ignoring the ACTUAL grind of doing 120 goddamn fucking shrines to get health and stamina compared to OoT's much better progression of doing puzzles or things for NPCs or finding heart pieces that are hidden.
>>
>>379220461
Well the whole THING in Zora's Domain is that it's fucking raining until you fucking beat Vah Ruta.

But just out of curiosity, where was the cliff you're talking about?
>>
>>379220872
The shrines and koroks ARE puzzles. You even say that yourself.

I understand that you like the temples of old better, I think most do, but come on. None of it is "just" grinding.
>>
>>379221109
Think about Breath of the Wild from a replay value standpoint.

Do you really want to fucking go FIND 70+ shrines again and finish them all, and go find and solve hundreds of Korok puzzles?
They definitely needed a better way to progress Link than repeatedly complete 4 shrines over and over again or solve random mini puzzles in the overworld.
>>
>>379220549
Good thing you don't actually have to do a single fucking one of them if someone felt that way then.
>>
>>379220421
>weapon variety
>exploration
>actually decent combat with moves that matter
>loads of mini-dungeons
>much more interactivity with the overworld and numerous ways of solving puzzles and attacking enemies
Not that I disagree with your viewpoint entirely, as BotW has a very different approach and maybe it's just some shitposters but it seems like /v/ either loves it or hates it for the most part. I do think they went a little too far when they tried stripping Zelda down to its core elements, many dungeon items would definitely be redundant as fuck in BotW but some could've returned as a useful addition (like the Hookshot as a means of grappling onto trees very quickly in a shortish range or something?)
>>379220549
only 1 of those posts bashed sidequests, and I don't agree with them. Sidequests were overall a little on the weak side, but there were some excellent ones in there (just mixed with many weak ones). I do mostly agree with the sentiment that the game's lacking in good rewards, especially past the midpoint.
>>379220872
>But you still do grind for capacity upgrades.
You don't really need to go out of your way for it, but I get what you're saying. You do not have to do this 900 times, though, it's less than half of that to max out your inventory slots entirely (and most players don't care about expanding their shield or bow storage, so I believe it'd be around 100 seeds to max out melee storage only - which is easily obtained).
Grinding all 120 shrines is completely unnecessary, the vast majority of players will not beat all the shrines unless they are a completionist.
>>
>>379221304
Well I'm not going to find them all anyway. Not on my first playthrough and not ever.

I'm not a completionist in that regard. On my second playthrough I will just focus on the shit I enjoyed the most.
>>
>>379221437
I'm not really a completionist either but being around 50-80 shrines is where you'll want to be if you ever want the Master Sword, and if you want to be able to climb and fly farther.

And I just cannot imagine myself replaying the game ever in my entire life. meanwhile I can turn on Ocarina right now and beat it in 6 hours and have a blast.
>>
File: 1355926481926.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1355926481926.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>379216184

Like what the fuck were they thinking. Whoever designed this thing was a total dick, and he wanted children to suffer. Also the entire room is skulls, and that's hardcore.
>>
>>379221661
not him but I could never replay Ocarina in fact I've still never bothered to finish the game to this day: ironically I find OoT very repetitive - but in a a completely different way to BotW's apparent repetition. In OoT, the formula they use for the dungeons gets grating on me very quickly, to the point where I don't enjoy playing through them despite how well-designed they actually are. I also can't stand the combat, even at the time when it was extremely innovative and new, I just couldn't get into it - it felt slow and a little janky. Fuck navi also.
>>
>>379221661

Well, there might be something to the structure that makes the game a less likely candidate for replay to some.

But some people feel that way about older Zeldas too.

And Aonuma himself talked about taking inspiration from Skyrim, which is in many ways a game designed for you to not have to ever restart. Although I've seen many people do so, and play the whole fucking thing again.

I get what you're saying about Zelda. If I am to ever play it again, I won't be as likely to fool around as much. But 60 out of 120 shrines to get the Master Sword is the sames as 60 out of 120 stars to get to fight Bowser, and that sounds relatively fair to me.
>>
>>379221661

24 shrines gets you 6 hearts.

+ base 3 for 9. Then you just kill the divine beasts for the other 4.

Then you don't even use it because there are better weapons.
>>
>>379216184

I was really expecting one of the regions to be dedicated to this. What about those demolished rances and towns?

They added so many optional regions and it's just more grass and moblins.
>>
It's just downright boring, that's short end of it.

You can list pad me a bunch of menial tasks and make them sound grander in scale than they actually are but i've played the game, I know that it's a lot of horse shit.

THe game is fun at the start. When you have 3 hearts, no clue what to expect and a genuine feeling of survival/adaptability.

Once you pass that initial learning curve and find out that:

>Side quests are all complete trash. Even the shilled "village building" side quest sucked dick and was filled with shitty fetch quest tier tasks
>The shrines are fucking ass. Not much more needed to say. You get maybe 10~ at best decent shrines and the rest are so mind numbingly easy that they're just a waste of time
>No real sense of fulfilment in the rewards you find because you know whatever shield/weapon you find is going to be gone in a few minutes once it breaks
>Combat is hilariously easy and the flurry rush just downright breaks the fucking game
>Divine beasts (aka the dungeons) are a complete joke.
>Enemy variety is fucking embarrassing

It's why i'm seeing less and less discussion of the game already. It's just not that good. Even the general is complete dead

It's a great foundation, kind of reminds me of MGSV in that the mechanics in place are sublime but the actual content is ridiculously lacking.

I'm just bored to tears.

You want the game summed up? Take the "Dragon".

At first glance it looks amazing. You wonder what the fuck it could be and what wonders you may get from it. You spend a while chasing it down and trying to reach it.

What do you get? Some shitty scales and another fucking shrine

Game is a 6/10 at best
>>
>>379216184
This might be one of he most valid pieces of criticism I've yet seen leveled against BotW.

While the guardians can freak me the fuck out, they are not exactly horrifying.
>>
File: 1496416653838.jpg (45KB, 808x805px) Image search: [Google]
1496416653838.jpg
45KB, 808x805px
>>379222927
>>
>>379222927
There's no way you can use the word "fucking" that much and be wrong. I agree with all your points.
>>
>>379216184
>no cursed people with bizarre deformities

For a people living in fear of the calamity for a hundred years, with crazy big monster lurking just outside all the towns, everyone seems pretty chill and unharmed.
>>
File: Cemu 2017-04-21 23-04-17-83.jpg (159KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Cemu 2017-04-21 23-04-17-83.jpg
159KB, 1920x1080px
>>379222927

Pretty spot on.

Played it on Cemu. Enjoyed the start, got bored as fuck about 15 hours in

inb4 you get called a "Sonybro" or some shit
>>
>>379208430
The feeling I get from the game is that the developers were only intending for it to be- just barely- a finished game. You've got a world that got made, and you've got some barebones mechanics, and you've got a couple different kinds of things to find and that's it. That definitely constitutes a real video game, for sure... just not a very involved one. All of the mechanics seem either halfbaked or are executed in ways where they just negate or trivialize one another. For example, all weapons are variations of a couple movesets, and most of your time fighting will be spent against bokoblins; weapons are spent far faster than any other resource that you could get from enemies. Since you spend a weapon to get back nothing significant except the same weapon with different (most likely lower) numbers then you've got the same problem as Sticker Star where engagements with enemies are more or less just spinning your wheels. The cooking mechanic is superficially complex, but it's all to formula so an apple is worth an apple and a steak is worth a steak regardless of what it's put into. Even that doesn't matter since it doesn't add any hearts to a hearty dish which full heals you anyway, and that means even if you go in on combat that you don't need to worry since you just pause and full heal repeatedly. Then you have problems with enemies that have limited ways to attack you, chief amongst which is guardians whose only move is absolutely trivial to deflect so they're an absolute nonthreat, which wouldn't be so much of a problem if there weren't already so few enemy types. Balls, seed, and armor are the only permanent rewards so you don't have real reason to hunt out sidequests or treasure, and so you don't really have any reason to explore beyond sightseeing.
I could keep going, but I keep losing sight of what I'm trying to say because of how frustrating the finished product is.
>Post too long
>>
>>379222927
trying too hard tbqh
>>
>dodge lynel attack by backflipping
>backflip over the first swipe perfectly yet flurry rush doesn't activate
>get fucked by the second hit, nothing i can do to avoid it

Why isn't this consistent?
>>
>>379222927
I just don't agree.
>>
>>379223351
hi cemuanon the samefagger, I should have known you would be in this thread. I see you still have the same number of hearts as last time!
>>
>>379212051
explain this pls.
>>
>>379220992
Wow. This is really interesting. I remember exactly where it was because it pissed me off real bad. It was at the Maag No'rah Shrine north of the Ridgeland tower. I was actually trying to reach the shrine and got fucked by rain.

I just fired up my switch to check whether the location was right. And guess what - the exact same thing happened to me, rain in one biome and no rain in the other, with the transition being right where the entrance to the shrine is.
>>
>>379208430
>but Skyward Sword is a better Zelda game than BotW.

What does that even mean.
>>
>>379208430
Breath of the Wild 2 could literally just swap the "Beasts" for like 8 hyrule castles with some shortcuts for using an item found in another dungeon and we'd be good
>>
>>379223438
You were too far away, also just parry it the window is so huge and you get a free mount or stasis+
>>
>>379222927

this
>>
>>379223667
Well that IS bullshit.
>>
>>379223802
>too far away

i've been further away when backflipping and it's still activated, even if i would have never been hit by the attack.
>>
>>379223667
There should have been actual storms that you can see from a distance that move and disperse. Maybe that would be too much to simulate.
>>
>>379223667
Is that the one where you need to shoot a bomb arrow? I just glided right next to the wall and detonated a bomb while hugging the breakable wall.
>>
>>379223995
has any game ever done realistic weather like that? As in, with actual rainclouds that you can visible see move across the landscape?
>>
>>379205807
I wish someone would just do a proper remake of OOT.
>>
>>379223667
I'm not sure I remember that shrine (I've done all 120 shrines but over several spread-out play sessions), but maybe it was intentional to make the shrine harder to access?
>>
>>379224127
"Proper" remake is so subjective there'd be complaints no matter how they did it
>>
>>379223995
That's for the next game.

I'm love to hear thunder rumbling in the distance, and turning to see storm clouds rolling up, with long grey drapes of rain hanging from them.
>>
>>379222927

I really feel like the next one will be great because they'll expand on what this one laid out.

Alternatively, it'll be the exact same shit.
>>
>>379224109

Wind Waker
>>
>>379224209
This.
>>
>>379224319
I don't think the rainclouds and their rainfall in windwaker actually moved across the overworld like that
>>
>>379224109
Real life weather systems are notoriously complex, but it doesn't seem that hard to make a simplified model.
>cloud forms over water
>cloud moves with the wind
>cloud gets bigger over water and smaller over land
>big clouds randomly turn grey and start raining
>small clouds randomly disappear
>getting inside a cloud makes everything foggy
Then throw in a monster that only appears in storms, like WW had.
>>
>>379224204
Not really, just bad luck which is doubled by the fact that you need both biomes to be rainless in order to be able to climb it. The rain is also purely coincidental and not scripted
>>
>>379223368
It feels like a proof of concept or something. Like, there's the backbone of a really well made and inventive game, but it's a game they didn't make yet. And there's so many super obvious ways to do it. You can solve the issue with fights by making more enemy types that are regionalized, by making truly unique weapons, by making actual permanent rewards that aren't seeds and shrines, by having something you can accumulate from them like EXP. You can solve the cooking problem by having fixed recipes, or having a more complex formula where the value of an ingredient is contextual to how it complements the other ingredients. You can solve the problem with exploration by having actual fucking explorable buildings and temples instead of exclusively shrines plopped straight on top of the bare heightmap. But none of that happened. What you got was a game delivered far before its time where you fight the same bokos with the same swords while looking for the same shrine shrines to get the same orbs. Like the game delivered the bare minimum of what's necessary to a strict deadline. Is it any surprise, then, that the game has practically zero unused content? That every single thing the team spent development time on made its way into the finished product?
>>
>>379214891
We got the exact oot formula with TP, with the exception of the wolf gimmick
>>
>>379224728
>Is it any surprise, then, that the game has practically zero unused content?
I just want to point out that this is far, far from the truth. The first reveal of the game, back when it had the tentative title "Zelda U", they showed a large portion of the terrain - and it is COMPLETELY different to the final version, so much so that it's barely even recognisable. In this early build, buildings and possible villages were visible that don't exist, the shape of cliffs/mountains was so different that there's mountains that don't even exist in the final game (and, likewise, entire cliffs and mountains that are missing in the early version), and Aonuma alludes to there being a dungeon in the middle of Faron even though not even a shrine is placed near there in the final game. It's like they completely changed the design of the entire game, and it makes me really curious over what this early build would've been like.
>>
shrines
lack of enemy variety
lack of runes/abilities
lack of weapon movesets
unbalanced combat
unbalanced everything, actually
no pro/hardcore/survival/whatever mode (ties into above, should include shit like no eating raw ingredients (only meals prepped before battle), eating animation done in real time, etc.
durability cool, but needs some serious tweaking, add ability for crafting/repairing perm. weapons (you fucking mine for shit, how is there no goron blacksmith, the character basically writes itself)
main quest too short and formulaic
character naming conventions are dumb
really needs 'proper' dungeons, fixes above points in many ways (introduce more runes, could forgo shrines entirely in favor of more typical zelda conventions, makes main quest longer)

love the game though, actually prob one of my favourites in recent memory. 2017 has been a treat for sure.
>>
>>379221717
why didnt I realize those walls and floor textures were skulls
>>
>>379225574
don't bother replying seriously to this thread, a shitposter made it so they could get info without playing the game and use it to shitpost with later
>>
>>379224209
No there isn't. You can literally make an oot clone and it'll sell

See TP. We have evidence it works.
>>
>>379224858
And it worked and was fun.
>>
>>379226036
OOT Clone and OOT remake are two very different things
>>
>>379205807
There needs to be a better way to switch your lock-on targeted enemies in mid-combat. It's a pain in the ass.
>>
>>379223351
>15 hours in
>that much health + stamina
obvious lie
>>
>>379227234
he's samefags and relentlessly shitposts, wouldn't surprise me if he's just pinching his screenshots from elsewhere as his points rarely make sense considering how long he must've been playing the game for the equipment he has. In fact, he probably made this thread.
Thread posts: 382
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.