[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So it turns out I have a copy of daggerfall. I have heard this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1482637140375.gif (46KB, 288x363px) Image search: [Google]
1482637140375.gif
46KB, 288x363px
So it turns out I have a copy of daggerfall.

I have heard this one has one of the largest open worlds ever, and I was wondering how it stands up today as both a technical feat and a game worth playing.
>>
It has the largest gaming world in existence. It also has the overwhelming majority of it being either empty or procedural generated.
>>
>>379200817
>I was wondering how it stands up today

It doesn't
>>
>>379200817
>how it stands up today
poorly, it's aged like milk
>a technical feat
realistically one of the largest open worlds that's ever been made
>game worth playing
worth trying. Do the first dungeon and explore a little bit, it's actually kinda fun once you get used to the DOS-era controls.
>>
>>379200817
IT's both amazing and a godawful mess.

You should play it if you haven't before.

But if you get frustrated and think nothing makes sense just drop it, it's like that all game long.
>>
Hope you like empty tombs and time-limited quests
>>
File: 1451087536217.jpg (86KB, 708x566px) Image search: [Google]
1451087536217.jpg
86KB, 708x566px
>>379200817
It gave me the same feelings I got with E.Y.E divine cybermancy on the exploration and fuck around side strangely. Don't know why, I like to explore big urban environments, no matter how ugly they are.
>>
File: town.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
town.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Wait for Daggerfall Unity
>>
>>379202132
How is that coming along?
>>
>>379202132
>Not pictured: 3 fps
>>
It's great but don't go into it expecting Morrowind or Oblivion or something. It's got an open world, but if you're looking to simulate a fantasy life like in Morrowind or Oblivion (decorating your home, shopping around for food and drinks, stuff like that), you'll be disappointed. It's 95% dungeon crawling.
>>
Buggerfall
>>
>>379200817
>How it stands up today as a technical feat
It's nothing too crazy for the size of the world considering how samey a lot of it feels, although the dungeons, quests, etc have enough variety to have a lot of staying power.

The real gold in Daggerfall lies in the depth of its RPG mechanics and the best character customization options in chargen out of pretty much any CRPG.
>>
It's a good dungeon crawler with good combat, terrible magic system with 70% of character skills being absolutely useless.
It's worth playing if you like dungeon crawling all the time.
>>
>make an extremely weak female character
>go into a dungeon
>drop all items and clothes
>use cheats to warp yourself to a random spot
>try to survive and find your way out
This shouldn't feel so erotic.
>>
How about elder scrolls arena?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.