[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck off with the console war bullshit. I got a serious question.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: REALLY MAKES YOU THINK.png (134KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
REALLY MAKES YOU THINK.png
134KB, 666x666px
Fuck off with the console war bullshit. I got a serious question.

Why does thirty frames per second look better on consoles? On PC that shit's terrible to look at.
>>
maybe your TV has something to smooth it out, many TVs do whilst monitors don't since monitors are generally designed to be accurate displays whilst TVs are designed for making TV/film looks nice.
>>
>>379199869
Maybe that's it. Thanks.
>>
>>379199542
I tried 30fps on monitor vs HDTV. It definitely looks smoother on my TV. Also tried 50fps on TV and it looks quite smooth too.
>>
>>379199542
TV's are just different man

You want the console experience on a PC? Just hook your tower up to a TV
>>
maybe it has something to do with how far away you're from the screen.
>>
Most console games use motion blur to make the low framerate a little less noticeable. And since exclusives are usually coded to the metal, you can get some actually pretty nice looking per-object effects.
>>
>>379199542

cause of the type of screen/monitors used for displaying such a thing.

Its just how old school vidya looks better on crts than on modern day monitors. Since shit was made to look best with different types of hardware in mind essentially.

so different hardware is in mind for devs when making shit for either pc or console.
>>
>>379199542

Controllers make it way less obvious since they're less precise. That's the main reason.
>>
>>379199542
Controllers vs mouse.
>>
>>379199542
>Why does thirty frames per second look better on consoles?
Because (double) vsync. By default, if you limit FPS to 30 on PC it's likely unsynced which looks messy at low frame rates, but you can just enable the thing on most any PC game to get that true console feeling (tm)

You also have systems like PS3 that produce tear-free image without using vsync but mainly you trade input delay for more consistent frame rate and this is rarely default option on PC.
>>
>>379199542
>Why does thirty frames per second look better on consoles? On PC that shit's terrible to look at.
first, speed of the typical game
console games are slow, sticks are slow input methods, the camera doesn't move as fast because the character doesn't move as fast

second, distance of screen, the sides of your eyes are much more sensitive to movement than the center of your eyes, when you focus something to the center of your vision, and it takes less of the viewable space, you're less likely to notice that it is or is not in a state of motion
>>
>>379199542
Because most of the console users watch TV/Monitor from bigger distance, than computer users.
Fps 'lost' or less fps have less impact on bigger distance than on lesser.

TL:DR
>Distance
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.