[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone used an IPS and a TN monitor for vidya? Is the response

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: ips and tn.jpg (50KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ips and tn.jpg
50KB, 1280x720px
Has anyone used an IPS and a TN monitor for vidya?

Is the response time difference that noticeable? I'm upgrading to 144hz 1440p soon and I'm torn between which panel types. I play a lot of multiplayer but if the difference is negligible I'll get the higher picture quality, I'd like to hear some opinions.
>>
>Is the response time difference that noticeable?
Nope.Get IPS. The only reason to use TN was because IPS used to not able to do high refresh rates, now that it can there is no reason to buy TN garbage.
>>
If possible, never ever get TN. Lower response time is negligible, while TN color quality is vomit tier. I made the mistake of going from an IPS 60hz to a 144hz TN and I really regretted it.
>>
>>379199208
>Is the response time difference that noticeable?
Yes and no.

First, it depends on the model and its specs and the one you compare against
Second, it depends what games primarily you want it for. If very fast-paced competitive shooters or fighting games then you have to get TN. I mean, you can go with IPS but you will be at disadvantage on your own willing

If you just want for casual gaming then IPS MILES ahead of any TN in terms of picture quality.

There are low-response 144-200hz IPS btw
>>
Have a 4k 60hzgsync tn and 2k gwyn 165hz

I hate the tn use ips for everything
>>
>>379199208
IPS is a great deal better compared to a TN panel. On the other hand, 144hz is a shitload better than 60hz.

Have fun deciding, although i did believe there were some expensive as fuck IPS 144hz ones around. Not sure if i remember correctly.

The response times aren't noticable at all. which is comparing 1 ms delay to 5ms.
>>
File: ips.jpg (279KB, 2400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
ips.jpg
279KB, 2400x1800px
IPS definitely has better colors without question, but you also very likely get IPS glow, after trying Three differant IPS models I couldn't not notice it, The acer predator x271hu is a great monitor, the best IPS I tried, (1440p 165hz and Gysnc) but when playing dark content games such as pray, or alan wake I couldn't take my eyes of the white/silverish glow coming in from the bottom right so I went back to TN

During games like overwatch it was spectacular how good the color was

It is possible to get a panel with minimail IPS glow but good luck, its a lottery and one thats takes a long time to go through, especially if you order online, luckily I could return to store and tried several within a week

I was very disapointed after trying TN's again but I found a nice middle ground with a dell s271dg, It has great colors and viewing angles for a TN and Its the closest I got to a IPS display and Im glad as its very close to what I had with the acer x271hu

In regards to high refresh rates, its amazing if you plan on playing games like CSGO or overwatch where such frames are possible, but if thats not your thing don't factor that in, if you just want to play single player games go IPS and try to get a good monitor without to much IPS glow (impossible for me)

Pic related, a example of IPS glow through an overexposed shot, real life not as noticable
>>
>>379200397
What is generally seen as a low response time? Most IPS panels I've seen are 5ms.
>>
>>379201183

Acer predator xb27hu, 165 mhz 4ms Is the lowest I have seen on a IPS
>>
>>379201183
5ms is great, fastest TN for quite long time in 200x were 5ms too.What I meant - there are some high-quality IPS with fantastic colors but VERY low response time because they are for artist/designers.

However, anything below 8ms is great for gaming, I myself use Dell with 8ms and 80HZ overclock

Again, if you wanan take TN it only make sense to buy SUPERFASt 144hz+ and 1ms for competitive gaming.

Literally no difference in other tasks trust me
>>
>>379201390
>>379201183
>>379199208
Just wanna recap what I said:

>IPS are slow for gaming

is a meme from very early 2000 that die somewhere around 2011. Since then IPS cacthing up fast with TN.

Honestly, it is time to look for OLED but these cunts want to milk us as long as possible because OLED is too good and eliminate the need to buy new display every 4-5 years so less money for greedy jews
>>
>>379199208

IPS from TN is like finding a screen in an abandoned spaceship with crust over the screen then wiping it off.

4ms is the norm now, it's fine.

What you need to worry about is input lag, the displays that have virtually none are super high end.

QC is also extremely important with most 144hz IPS displays.

You have to read multiple and extensive reviews of the display done by certain sites when it comes to QC issues and input lag.

I went from a shitty 24" 1080p TN panel to a Qnix QX2710 27" 1440p IPS display @ 60hz (8ms response) single input model too so it have literally less than 2ms of input lag which isn't even possible with current displays due to not using bypass boards.

That died after 3 years and I got a Viewsonic XG2703-GS, gained 144hz, Gsync, non shit stand, OSD, it was amazing, but it AUO has serious QC issues.
>>
Get IPS. Your eyes will be thankful.

https://displaylag.com/display-database/
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.