[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Morrowind remaster will be announced in the Bethesda press conference

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: MorrowindCOVER.jpg (62KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
MorrowindCOVER.jpg
62KB, 375x500px
Morrowind remaster will be announced in the Bethesda press conference following the success of the Skyrim remaster.
Expect:
>Upgraded graphics and textures
>Upgraded combat system (more inline with Skyrim and Obvlivion, no more dice roll on attacks)
>New UI
>The player character will now run by default rather than walk with no cost to stamina
> Quest markers
>The main quest will be fully voice acted
Yes, it's still on the Gamebryo engine
>>
>>379194653
i hope literally none of that happens and that you kill yourself for even fantasizing it
>>
That's not going to happen
>>
>>379194653
Morrowind using the Skryim engine would fucking suck.
>>
Everything after "upgraded graphics and textures" is ridiculous, we're talking about fucking Bethesda.

It would be nothing but HD textures and they would call it a day.
>>
File: IMG_3892.png (449KB, 1011x829px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3892.png
449KB, 1011x829px
Wrong. It will be TES 6
>>
>>379194892
>Akavir
Don't you fucking dare.
>>
>>379195201
Sorry anon, it's true. Check their page yourself.
>>
>>379194865
Which is also why they won't do it in general, because they know that the game won't sell unless they streamline the fuck out of it, but that would be too much work.
>>
>>379195283
Oh my gosh, it's true!
>>
>>379194653
>expect
Nice try todd
>>
File: 1495485804977.png (494KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
1495485804977.png
494KB, 557x605px
>>379194653
you forgot something anon
>no more reputation
>no more skill gated quests (like factions)
>no more faction gated quest (you can complete everything on one character !)
>no more levitation/jump/waterwalk/teleportation spells
>all armor stand in 4 pieces: helm/body and legs/gauntlets/boots
>no more medium armor
>only swords, axes, bows, daggers and 2H versions
>no more spell crafting
>autorun to your quest marker
>>
File: chimchimchimerie.jpg (37KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
chimchimchimerie.jpg
37KB, 480x360px
>>379194653
>no more dice rolls
fucking dropped
what ever happened to dnd mechanics in games

inb4
>miss
>miss
>miss
get some stamina, fuckers
>>
>>379197003
Completely honest response, my understanding is that all the DnD like games were based on the third edition of the game or something like that and the next edition after that completely fucked up the rules so everybody abandoned it.

But personal opinion, improved graphics and interactivity put pressure on developers to create more streamlined styles. It's like asking why people stopped making text adventures when graphics became a thing. Some people do prefer more imagination oriented experiences, but realistically from a development side those things only existed as placeholders until better technology came along.
>>
File: morrowind.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
morrowind.webm
2MB, 640x360px
See that mudcrab?
>>
>>379194653

As much as I love Morrowind I don't want a remaster of it. For one, Morrowind has a long history of mods including big projects like Tamriel Rebuilt, a remaster would essentially void all those amazing mods.

Another is while Morrowind isn't perfect and does have some archaic features, I still greatly enjoy the game for what it is in spite of those flaws.
>>
>>379198162
>don't wear the appropriate armor type
>don't use the appropriate weapon

xD!D!!dd!d omfg morrowind sux dickz amirite goys ?!!?
>>
>>379198162
>tfw to stupid 2 play babbys first rpg
m-mommy!
>>
>>379194892
That looks fake as fuck
>>
>>379198162
>No stamina
>Swinging wildly
>Probably low level and low proficiency with that weapon
Every single thread
>>
File: 1494409103390.gif (3MB, 222x400px) Image search: [Google]
1494409103390.gif
3MB, 222x400px
>>379194653
>Upgraded combat system
>more inline with Skyrim
>>
File: homer space.jpg (389KB, 1284x980px) Image search: [Google]
homer space.jpg
389KB, 1284x980px
>>379194825
>Implying Skyrim isn't just Gamebryo 2.0
>>
>>379194653
Why would they do any of that? Aren't remasters supposed to improve the game?
>>
>>379194653
Please God no...
>>
>>379198743
More like Gamebryo 0.5.

That shit is never going to look like a finished engine.
>>
>>379197003
They went into the trash where they belong.

I'm all for skills effecting damage and weapon handling, but in a game that isn't turn based shit, like Morrowind it was fucking bull shit.

>Spear obviously hits person
>Hurrr nope RNG says you missed
>Meanwhile you get wailed on with perfect accuracy

I like morrowind, but I'm glad that shit is gone.
>>
>>379198832
More like modernize, just happens in Morrowind, and bethesda's case, that involves stripping the shit out of it.

That said they're also supposed to be simple to make so I doubt they'd do it, they'd rather just cash in on nostalgia for it in other games, look at ESO's Morrowind expansion, and Dragonborn for Skyrim.

>>379198892
Fair enough.
>>
>>379198907
I don't think you understand what an RPG is at all.

You aren't playing as yourself. You are playing as somebody else. Role playing as them. Just because you personally hit the target with your spear doesn't mean your character did. If you are roleplaying as a person that is bad with spears of course it's going to be hard to hit things with them. Literally all you have to do in Morrowind to not be shit with a spear is make your character proficient with a spear when you allocate his stats.
>>
>>379198907
how can you like morrowind when you've clearly never played it?
>>
>>379199214
>You can't like something if you dislike a mechanic

I was able to stomach it since it's early in the game that the issue arises (or if you use shit you're not speced into)

>>379199161
That can also be shown by doing less damage, thrusting slower, different animations. That shit is fine and dandy in an RPG when you're not litterally in first person and on top of a mother fucker.
>>
>>379199551
>That can also be shown by doing less damage, thrusting slower, different animations. That shit is fine and dandy in an RPG when you're not litterally in first person and on top of a mother fucker.
Again, those are mechanics designed to affect the way you personally interact with the game world. Morrowind is an action RPG, if you have a problem with the RPG aspects that is fair enough, RPGs aren't for everyone, but the argument you are making is that RPGs shouldn't be RPGs.
>>
>>379198907
>Meanwhile you get wailed on with perfect accuracy
See now, you being completely wrong about this is the thing that makes Morrowind has such great gameplay overall. Everyone and everything follows the same rules, and all of those rules are influenced by many interacting systems. Your enemies lose fatigue when they run just like you do, and their ability to hit or dodge are calculated the same as yours. Nobody has any special immunities; you can mind control Dagoth Ur if you want to and make him your roommate in Balmora. You can damage an enemy's strength just like those annoying Bonewalkers do, making them over encumbered and unable to move. Do this in the water and they'll even fucking drown just like you would.

The Elder Scrolls series was heavily inspired by Ultima Underworld, and it borrowed a little bit of that "immersive sim" design philosophy. Morrowind is so fun and replayable because of all the ways you can interact with the world and achieve your goals, and it's a great RPG because your success at these myriad options is determined almost entirely by your character and their weaknesses and strengths, which is customized and grows as you play. Then they gave it a big world with a dozen factions, hundreds of dungeons, thousands of NPCs, and hundreds of quests in which to make use of those tools.

The biggest flaw of Morrowind is how easy the game becomes once you understand some of its gameplay systems, but the Tribunal and especially Bloodmoon expansions helped with that somewhat by adding some tough encounters to get through, which Vvardenfell was sorely lacking.
>>
>>379200598
Do they really?

Okay I'll admit I was in the wrong and a colossal fag who was obviously in places he shouldn't of been during my early time with the game.
>>
>>379201756
They do indeed. In fact, you can even see in that bait webm >>379198162 that the mudcrab attacked eight times and missed five of those attacks against the player.

On an unrelated note, that weapon in the webm would have one-shot the crab if he fully charged his attacks, which do even lower damage than a dagger when lightly swung like that. That's why the hits that did connect only damaged a fraction of its health, making it a true case of "git gud".
>>
>>379194653
no it won't
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.