[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me a reason why Souls games and games of similar difficulty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 20

File: 1419007318231.jpg (34KB, 489x488px) Image search: [Google]
1419007318231.jpg
34KB, 489x488px
Give me a reason why Souls games and games of similar difficulty shouldn't come with an easy mode without sounding like an elitist speger.

Seriously, why do some people give a shit about how other people play their games?
>>
>>379192320
The fact that you're even bringing this up tells me that you've never played a Souls game.

Or at least you haven't played one long enough to realize why the difficulty works.
>>
Souls games all have organic difficulty options. Extra flasks from kindling bonfires. Straight up levelling. Co-op.
>>
>>379192457

I finished all games in the series, starting with Demon's, which I ordered before it was out in the west.

Why would I care if people have an easy option? How does that affect my experience?
>>
File: fag.jpg (16KB, 400x464px) Image search: [Google]
fag.jpg
16KB, 400x464px
Every single Souls game does have a built-in easy mode you fucking troglodyte, it's called "summoning"
>>
>>379192842

I know, but how is that related to my question?

I want to know why some people are against easy settings in games.
>>
>>379192320
The same reason they don't make one-piece jigsaw puzzles. Those are just called pictures, people who want the appeal of puzzles don't lust after the picture they lust after the solve.
>>
>>379192541
All of these and summons as well.

The only people complain about the difficulty are eejits who haven't bothered their arse to learn the amount of options that the game offers you.

I think the real problem with the Souls games is that they don't explicitly explain to idiots that they can upgrade their armor and use items to buff their stats for a few seconds, not necessarily the difficulty of the actual game.
>>
>why doesnt the game play itself

because thats sony's job
>>
>>379193059
Well then name some "games of similar difficulty" that you feel are in such dire need of easy modes.
>>
>>379193059
Miyazaki wants every Souls player to have the saim experience, he wants them to feel satisfied when they finally overcome massive hurdles.

It's his vision and an easy difficulty would shatter it.
>>
>souls
it would be too easy for people to get good PVP gear and become OP
it'd be like cheating.
>>
>>379192320
You'd be wasting your time, the whole point of the game is that you are fragile.
>>
File: pussydestroyer.png (431KB, 556x644px) Image search: [Google]
pussydestroyer.png
431KB, 556x644px
The game automatically becomes easy mode once you check the wiki.
>>
>>379192320
Their difficulty was a marketing point, that worked. Literally any time normies bring it up, it's about how hard it is.
>>
>>379192320
Designing the same obstacles for multiple difficulty levels has historically led to not as good game design. In most games it becomes immediately obvious that player obstacles are obviously designed just for one difficulty. Even extensive testing on multiple difficulties hasn't led to the best balance. This is why New Game+ of Souls game is shit.

>>379192541
This is bad game design as well because the solution of the game is kindle bonfires, play a sorcerer type character, level up as much as possible, etc. to get the highest guaranteed payoff.
>>
>>379192320
Because they aren't difficult.
They just do challenge right, and it's what you want from a video game.
>>
>>379193439
I use the wiki to find illusory walls and shit like that since it's impossible to detect that in the actual game
>>
The game isn't designed to be difficult for the sake of difficulty. It would be like giving Pac-Man an easy mode so everyone can get to the memory cutoff.
>>
>>379193478
This is why Das3 and Bloodborne are the best because they don't have insanely broken builds that breeze through the game
>>
>>379193389
Its already easy though especially in the first DaS.
>>
File: mimic.jpg (72KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mimic.jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
>>379192541
>Souls difficulty is organi-
>>
>>379193587
Usually some wiki fag places shit on the ground to tell you what it is. Unless you play offline.
>>
>>379192320
if you took less damage you wouldn't have to actively try to avoid it and the core gameplay would become boring
>>
>>379193798
That too I suppose
>>
>>379193723
I realize the chain isnt exactly a good indicator but you can clearly see the chest breathing.
>>
>>379193723
The first Mimic you find in the game is misaligned in an empty room surrounded with blood. Regardless of whether or not you fall for it, it teaches you to be more wary of chests from there on out.
If you wanted something actually unfair you would post the literal first chest in DaS3 that's actually a mimic without any warning unless you're a veteran and already know the signs.
>>
>>379193838
This.

Souls combat is actually pretty unremarkable when you take away the punishing enemies.
>>
>>379193687
Too bad 3 has shit level design.
>>
>>379192320
Because the people who want that mode will then want the game to be balanced around it. Look at modern games, increased difficulty means x2 enemy HP and x2 enemy damage.
>>
>>379192320
If you are retarded enough to have trouble with souls games how did you even manage to wire your pc/console?
>>
because theres already a easy mode
its called magic
>>
>>379193059
It's an inherently shitty way to handle game difficulty adjustment. How do you know what "easy" and other difficulty options are going to mean when you're just at the start screen? Sure, you can guess and switch later but then you're still forced to have a subpar experience. Worse still, if you never recognize that the difficulty you're playing at isn't as enjoyable as a different one you are likely to not even think of switching. And even if you do you'd be forced to try all settings to find the one that works best for you.

Except even that doesn't work because you've gained experience every time you sampled a difficulty setting and when you try a new one your place on the curve gets skewed, and with it your opinions of the difficulty.

In short, while difficulty adjustment is a plus it is often held back by implementations marred with faults that make it end up doing more harm than good. Difficulty settings are such an implementation.
>>
>>379193913
>muh very subtle breathing
fuck off, nobody noticed that shit on their first playthrough and you know it

>>379193927
>it teaches you to be more wary of chests from there on out.
yeah always remember to look out for rewards that the game has conditioned you to open without concern for the first half
>>
>>379192627
>I finished all games in the series
Lmao, no you didn't.

If you did you wouldn't be asking for an easier difficulty fucktard
>>
>>379192320
Because it completely changes the nature of the game.

Without the difficulty, there isn't even a soulsborne genre, it's just really slow and boring.
>>
>>379192320
But there's an easy mode. It's called summoning online players.
>>
>>379194193
Well, to be fair, summoning doesn't necessarily work all the time, and it becomes less common if you're playing the game a year or longer after its initial release.
>>
>>379192320
Why waste money playing a game so easy you might as well look up a Let's Play on YouTube? there's your reason.
>>
I haven't played the Souls game so I'll just talk about Bloodborne.

I think it's because From uses the interesting and beautiful visuals, music and enemies as a reward for clawing your way through the game. That message would be defeated if there was an easy mode. For an example, when you hear the calming music in the Hunter's Dream, it is a lot more meaningful after you have just successfully defeated some extremely unfair boss or level.
>>
>>379194149
Again, the first Mimic is in an eerily empty room SURROUNDED by blood all over. You'd have to be a retard to not notice that and assume something's fishy before looking closer and noticing that it's fucking breathing.
If you fall for the first Mimic in DaS1 then congratulations, you're legally retarded.
>>
>>379192320
Game developers can do whatever they want.
>>
File: IMG_0672.jpg (65KB, 417x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0672.jpg
65KB, 417x540px
>can't pause games
>even in offline mode
>"it'd ruin muh immersion"
>>
>>379194337
You got a point there. Well. You could level up beyond the average level for said area and use OP weapons to easily get through the game.
>>
File: ILa_.png (1MB, 837x693px) Image search: [Google]
ILa_.png
1MB, 837x693px
I always figured it should be like a covenant like the Company of Champions in DaS2. If we have an option raise the difficulty, why not lower it as well?
>>
>>379194338
Probably because some people like playing games but don't like having an incredibly frustrating experience. I know that's something that people who love difficult games can't grasp.
>but muh challenge
Yeah, nothing wrong with a challenge. What I'm talking about is tolerance for certain challenges. How hard does a challenge have to be to where it gets to a point that it sucks all the fun out of the game for you?
>>
>>379192627
Because if people played on easy then played pvp basically theyd be getting all the gear they have more easily than you did, which would then incentivise you to play on easy to have the same advantage, and that would be stupid.
/thread
>>
>>379194707
>Kill all enemies in a room
>Go to a bonfire if near enough
Gee that was hard
>>
>>379192320

If you want an easier time just play with a guide. No reason for devs to waste the resources on an official easy mode when certain builds already make the game easier as it is.
>>
>>379192320
Dark Souls is only as hard as you make it
>>
>>379192320
wouldn't care either way, Souls games are for autismos anyway.

>game releases in 2016 and doesn't even include a map function

If you want to be all dark and edgy and mysterious just do it the way Silent Hill did it 15 years ago, for fucks sake.
>>
>>379194846
If the game is frustrating for you then find something less frustrating. Its obvious that the game is not intended for you or your tastes.
>>
Only PCfags think Dark Souls is hard since they never played an action game in their lives
>>
>>379192320
Souls games always release partially finished and lacking extra polish. Tell me an easy mode won't just eat development time, also they had a whole shitty pr campaign about how this series is hard and beating would give you a big duck. Why do you want to take my big dick away op?
>>
>>379194846
>how hard does a challenge have to be to where it gets to a point that it sucks all the fun out of the game for you?
Then don't fucking play the game if you don't enjoy it. It's the simplest thing imaginable; don't partake in activities that frustrate you.
Don't force developers to bend their designs to your whims just so the absolute minority can have their hand held through the game. If it's too hard then just watch Pewdiepie play it or fucking play something else.
>>
>>379195107
Why would Souls need a map unless you were a clinical retard?
>>
>>379194030
Answer me OP. If they put this mode in reviewers would give the game lower scores because easy mode would be too easy/not polished enough. They would want the entire game to be designed around it.

And don't just reply "slippery slope", because we all know everything I've written is true.
>>
easy modes lead to more fags and cunts playing
>>
>>379194885
>literally defending not being able to pause
>>
>>379192320
>Why shouldn't games designed to be hard be easy?

Funny how you ask this question with a smug reaction image without realizing how retarded you sound.

If a majority of the appeal is challenge, why would you take it away? It's the same reason you wouldn't go to Pokemon for a challenging RPG.

When your game is potentially easy as fuck and the option to add difficulty is self imposed it defeats the purpose. Challenging games used to reward people with an ending or something you could talk about, now that the internet exists there's a speedrun of the game 12 hours before release on youtube so beating a game has no purpose.
>>
>>379195171
But this shitty niche title needs to appeal to everyone so it can get cod numbers otherwise developers should just sudoku themselves.
>>
>>379195472
Quit the game then. It takes seconds to get out and seconds to get back in.
>>
>>379194846
The challenge IS the fun of Souls.

Taking on bosses, learning their moveset, then finally turning the tables on them after several attempts and doing what seemed impossible at first.

It's incredibly rewarding for me but I can see why people don't find that appealing.

Why would you want to ruin the series just so you can enjoy it too?
>>
>>379195462
On the other side of the coin, high difficulty leads to elitism and general douchebaggery.
>>
>>379194885
>Need to take a shit
>In a room full of enemies
>"Guess i'll shit myself''
>>
>>379192320

The difficulty is part of the theme. Dark Souls games critique modern gaming trends by making sure that they don't feel like shallow badass simulators. They make you feel like you are a small character fighting against seemingly impossible odds, and not only through visuals.
>>
>>379195238
because some people have jobs and lives outside of playing a videogame in one sitting? you forget where things are, and what areas you have or haven't explored yet.

it's a bad design choice, face it Soulsdrone.
>>
>>379192320
Because it splits the multiplayer at worst or lowers playercount at best which is a major facet of the game.

The game already has difficulty levels in the form of summoning
>>
>>379195472
>Wanting to take away easy pvp wins from the community
>>
Because its not your game so its not your decision.
>>
There are several easy modes.
-Heavy armor reducing damage so much you don't need to dodge.
-Leveling up Vitality
-Lightning weapons and miracles
-Fire weapons and pyromancies
-Summoning to clear entire areas and bosses.
>>
Because their mechanics allow you to trivialize the game in many ways already in an organic way. You're right though, I don't give a shit as long as it doesn't take away dev time that would otherwise be spent on making the higher difficulties more enjoyable.
>>
>>379192320
Because then it wouldnt get the same media representation as gem as it gets at the moment. Exclusivety can be a good thing
>>
>>379195648
Souls doesn't need a map, anyone with an IQ higher than 80 could learn the levels off by heart after traversing them once or twice.
>>
>>379195591
You say that like it's a bad thing. Elitists and douchebags need thier own games too otherwise we would be shitting up others games or have to go back to playing lol again.
>>
>>379195689
Too bad the people who actually need an easy mode can never get to the point where things like that are useful.

I know people who still haven't made it past Taurus Demon
>>
>>379195492
I love how you're framing giving players more options so they can tweak the experience to their liking as a bad thing. I fucking wish games had extensively difficulty options, from baby mode to borderline impossible, that's pretty much the ideal situation. It applies to Nintendo games too, how many times have you heard people wish for a hard mode in Kirby?
>>
File: slmGE.gif (10KB, 222x221px) Image search: [Google]
slmGE.gif
10KB, 222x221px
>>379195462
>>379195591
These guys get it. Bloodborne is a good video game if you wanna put in the time. But you aren't cool because you're good at Bloodborne, and you're aren't cool because you're not good at Bloodborne. It's a GAME for fucks sake!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A
>>
>>379196113
But the hard mode of Kirby is just Mario or mega man.
>>
>>379196113
It doesn't work for Dark Souls, I'm sorry.

The games are designed AROUND the difficulty so removing it essentially turns them into mediocre dungeon crawlers
>>
>>379196213
Not even remotely true and you know it, plus Megaman games could use more difficulty options aswell. X got a hard mode in the PSP remake and it's a better game because of it.
>>
>>379195949
>Taurus Demon
Fucking really? Now I just make it run off the cliff by itself for fun.
>>
>>379195870
Which is a shame because we tend to scare off other people who also wanna play. Or bitch about difficulty settings in other games you know who you are
>>
>>379196321
Does Mega Man have dozens of ways for the player to customize the main character's stats and moveset?
>>
File: 1496374118927.png (50KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1496374118927.png
50KB, 300x300px
Difficulty settings being adjustable can compromise the intended experience offered by certain games.
>>
File: 1474938663002.jpg (123KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
1474938663002.jpg
123KB, 410x410px
>>379192320
>why don't they put in an option that would both a) destroy the creative vision of the game and b) decrease sales

Wow, really activates the almonds!
>>
>>379196273
No they aren't, also once you learn one of the games the rest become extremely easy with the exception of some spikes, yet they're still widely enjoyed. It's nonsense.
>>
>>379192320
Souls games already have an easy mode, it's called summoning.
>>
>>379192320
Give me a reason why Rashomon and movies of similar complexity shouldn't come with an easy-viewing recut without sounding like an elitist sperg.
Seriously, why do some people give a shit about how other people watch their movies?
>>
>>379196362
I bought them an extra controller and some wall plaster as a birthday gift. Hasn't touched DaS since.
>>
>>379196417
Not talking about Souls in that post. But does it matter? Those sorts of easy/hard modes require you to sacrifice your prefered playstyle, which wouldn't be an issue if the game had seperate options for difficulty.
>>
>>379196463
They're widely enjoyed because they're such thoughtfully designed games in general.

With these games it feels like every single facet of the gameplay was analyzed in order to feel both fun and challenging at the same time.
>>
File: 1490111514842.jpg (5KB, 212x238px) Image search: [Google]
1490111514842.jpg
5KB, 212x238px
>omg dark souls is hard I love this game
>doesn't start any other game on hardest difficulty
>>
>>379196362
My friend rage quit in the Burg before ever seeing Taurus.
>>
>>379192842
>1,000+ HP
>sorceries
>great shield
>summoning
that's true easy mode
>>
>>379196737
But I do though
>>
>>379196705
So you admit that there are qualities that people can enjoy outside of the difficulty? What's the problem with an easy mode then?
>>
>>379192320
Developers' vision. They make the games, and you have the choice of indulging in them or not. Also, having hard games with no option to make them easy makes for an easy marketing campaign.
>>
they should, everyone must be included and able to see the game ending
>>
File: yakuza 0.jpg (202KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
yakuza 0.jpg
202KB, 1920x1080px
>>379195617
Shallow bad ass simulators can still be amazing works of art when done well though m8.
>>
Time spent on a bunch of difficulty settings could be spent on making the game actually better. Also most games are designed around a certain level of challenge and changing values will just cheapen the experience. It's just not needed at all. Let devs make difficulties if they want but they should NOT be mandatory
>>
>>379192842
>>379194193
>>379195652
>>379195689
>>379196540

Do people on /v/ even read the thread before replying?

>>379192320
Also, Souls games already have an easy mode, it's called summoning
>>
>>379196737
That's because most games definition of hard is increased enemy damage and HP, AKA artificial difficulty.

I haven't completed hard mode of any games but I finished the Souls games because they earned their difficulty.
>>
>>379196742
Your friend is a huge faggot. How does he manage to breath?
>>
>>379196916
"Cheapen the experience" as in make it more fun? I don't see a single reason why anyone should give a piss what games are "designed around" if changing some values makes them more fun. It's such a ridiculous artfag attitude.
>>
>>379192320
They do come with an easy mode, the playstyle and choice of weapons or spells is varied enough that almost everyone can find something that clicks well with them and that they succeed with. Easy mode is when you've figured that out.
>>
>>379196829
How would an easy mode be implemented without compromising those qualities?
>>
Tell me why you think you're entitled to every game being made with your special needs in mind?
>>
>>379197113
By giving you more estus, by tweaking enemy damage/health. You know, the same way NG+ does it except easier instead of harder.
>>
>>379197108
making a game a cakewalk does not make it more fun but whatever bro.
>>
>>379196651
I like how some Nintendo games have the difficulty slider (1.0 - 9.0). iirc it started with Kid Icarus Uprising and I'd be happy if it were in more games.
>>
File: 1492476843882.png (71KB, 348x301px) Image search: [Google]
1492476843882.png
71KB, 348x301px
>>379196967
>That's because most games definition of hard is increased enemy damage and HP, AKA artificial difficulty.

i-i-i-it's not like dark souls I swear!
>>
>>379197032
He's a scrub in general, but mainly he has anger issues and any game will make him lose his shit if things aren't going his way. Skill-wise, almost anyone can get through it with enough persistence, but he doesn't have the emotional fortitude for it.
>>
>>379192627
>I finished all games in the series, starting with Demon's, which I ordered before it was out in the west.

I'm sure you did faggot
>>
>>379196964
>Do people on /v/ even read the thread before replying?
Yes, I read the thread, and an easy mode would fuck up multiplayer.
>>
>>379197296
I'll never understand how you can get that mad at a game. Especially since the burg is a very easy area
>>
>>379197257
It doesn't to you, but for some people it might. Making games harder with arbitrary challenges tends to make them more fun to me, and if I find fun ignoring the "original design", why would I argue against it if someone does the same but to make games easier?
>>
>>379197296
The hell did he even get stuck on to get so mad?
>>
>>379197257
It depends on the player. If they can't even reach the meticulously designed sections then what's the point (for them at least)?
>>
>>379192320
The fun of dark souls is the challenge. Remove the challenge and you end up with a boring game.
>>
i wish soulsfags would just stop pretending their games are so hardcore. no, your games are just an exercise in rote memorisation of enemy attack patterns. if you wanted an actual challenge you would play a real multiplayer game against human opponents who don't have prescribed attack behaviour. souls pvp is a shit tier roll fest.
>>
File: 1493324038186.jpg (164KB, 543x549px) Image search: [Google]
1493324038186.jpg
164KB, 543x549px
>>379192320
Define "easy mode".
>>
>>379197278
Uh yeah, it isn't, correct
>>
>>379197651
>hardcore
Souls fans haven't done this in years.
>>
>>379197651
Souls games have multiplayer idiot, comparing sp difficulty with mp difficulty is dumb to begin with
>>
>>379197651
lmao, we never said Souls was hard.

This fucking retarded scrub made thsi thread to complain about the "difficulty".

We enjoy Souls because they're good fucking games, not because they're difficult.
>>
>>379197651
I don't play them because they're "hardcore" I play them because they tread that line between easy but still demanding attention well enough to be extremely cathartic to play. I can just put on some tunes, start the game and lose a few hours running through the game killing shit.
>>
>>379197396
Frustration is a bitch, different people handle theirs poorly. We can tell them to calm down or that its just a game, but once they get angry there's no hope.
>>
My biggest concern is from the standpoint of giving an inch and taking a mile. There's a reason people joke about "appealing to a wider audience".
>>
>>379192320
If there is uniform difficulty for a game, the devs can spend all their time making sure it is the absolute tightest most engaging that the difficulty can be

when you leave difficulty as an option for the player you get shit where either the ai or the player is forced to cheat to get an advantage because the odds are so stacked against them
>>
>>379197935
>There's a reason people joke about "appealing to a wider audience".
Nobody jokes about it.
>>
>>379197935
I think that's everyone's concern whether they realize it or not, they're basically just having a kneejerk reaction to the suggestion of an easy mode because of how casualized games have become.
>>
>>379198003
When it comes to Souls, they do.

Anybody who thinks these games need to made easier never played them or are such a fucking scrub that they never made it past the first 3 or so bosses in any of them.
>>
>>379198039
It's also because an easy mode is impossible to implement in Souls games without hurting the game for people who don't use it and/or wasting extensive dev time on it
>>
File: 1495459387550.gif (714KB, 254x199px) Image search: [Google]
1495459387550.gif
714KB, 254x199px
>>379196964
>mfw
i hate that shit man
but they're probably just replying from the front page, without ever opening the thread
>>
>>379198003
hownew.ru
>>
>I enjoy playing rolling simulator

I don't get all the hype about souls games tbqh. The combat is same as Skyrims, except you need to roll around.
>>
>>379196964
Just because it's said over and over doesn't make it not true. It's not my fault that the thread's discussion keeps dragging on for no reason.
>>
>>379198178
Been here for 9 years, nobody jokes about it.
>>
File: 1285953306202.jpg (46KB, 446x388px) Image search: [Google]
1285953306202.jpg
46KB, 446x388px
>some people are so fucking casual they need an easy mode
>>
>>379197689
How about dropping enemy stats by 10%, but the moment you initiate any form of multiplayer the mobs regain their strength? I feel there would have to be a trade off though, like a decreased amount of souls gained or having to run around with a stupid headpiece.
>>
>>379198182
It has a nice sense of rhythm to it and the easy execution but high punishment for failure make it feel satisfying. It's not very deep or challenging but it's a pretty nice combat system since it does quite a lot with very little. Multi enemy encounters are especially fun.
>>
>>379198182
>The combat is same as Skyrims
It wouldn't work if it had combos and shit like a regular action game.

Souls combat works in how minimal it is.
>>
>>379198276
>CAN I PLAY, DADDY?
>>
>>379198235
You're telling me that in the span of NINE (9) YEARS, you never once saw one of the multitude of ">we're appealing to a wider audience" and ">we want the call of duty audience" threads? Have you had a filter set up for all these years or something? Because they were particularly prevalent around 2010.
>>
>>379198302
>How about dropping enemy stats by 10%
And making the entire game a breeze, also rendering armor and weapon upgrades more useless?

Fuck off
>>
>>379198383
>>379198379

Don't you get bored with just two different attack types?

I would probably play souls games if the combat was like in Dragons dogma.
>>
>>379198410
There are already games designed for kids
>>
>>379198530
>And making the entire game a breeze
Yes that's the point of an easy mode idiot
>also rendering armor and weapon upgrades more useless
What? You'd still do more damage and take less damage.
>>
>>379196967
That's not artificial difficulty. That's a perfectly legitimate if lazy way of increasing difficulty.
>>
>>379198554
No, Souls combat remains entertaining throughout because of the enemy variety and generally great boss fights
>>
>>379198302
>having to run around with a stupid headpiece
>invade somone in Dark Souls 4
>they have the easy mode pink ribbon on their head
Rev up that scraping spear
>>
>play through Bloodborne for the first time
>have no idea what you're doing
>manage to defeat the Cleric Beast
>move on, think you're doing well
>this nigga shows up out of nowhere and stops your progress like a 20 meter thick iron wall
>manage to defeat him as well by the skin of your teeth
>the pattern repeats for the rest of the game

>a week later decide to start a new game, fresh stats the works
>remember how much trouble you had with Papa G
>the fight comes
>you absolutely destroy him, he doesn't even get a hit in
>realize you accidentally got gud and there was no tutorial, just the game

That's why there's no easy mode my friend, because it's more fun that way!
>>
>>379198302
Why would anyone in Fromsoft (implying they can even code) even bother into code some stupid shit like that, the amount of hits that take to kill the enemy would be the same in 90% of the cases and the amount of that the you to die would be the as well the same or at most 1 more.
>>
>>379198619
>Yes that's the point of an easy mode idiot
Watch a fucking movie or read a book.

Seriously fuck off, stop trying to give From ideas for their next game.
>>
>start game in easy mode
>soul cost for everything is halved
The joke is that this would put players in Easy mode way outside the level range for most summons which would actually make the game harder
>>
File: 1429093888124.jpg (26KB, 128x133px) Image search: [Google]
1429093888124.jpg
26KB, 128x133px
>>379198720
>>379198302
a badge of shame would be hilarious
>>
>>379198554
The variety comes from movement, dodging, enemy manipulation and crowd control. It does get boring though but only because the enemies are too simple and easy. If it had more challenging multi enemy fights, it'd stay fun for longer because they always play out differently.
>>
>>379198696
I don't know man..
The boss fights don't seem so epic or me, especially with bosses who are huge in size.
It's just hitting the big guys foot until he dies for whatever reason.
>>
File: m61tT13.png (33KB, 651x481px) Image search: [Google]
m61tT13.png
33KB, 651x481px
>>379198530
I mean yeah, that's kinda the point of an easy mode.

To satisfy everybody though, they'd have to implement a similiar function to raise the difficulty. Maybe just letting folks fuck with the mob stats individually (similar to Disgaea 5) would do the trick (-10% being the lowest, 100% being the highest, not counting NG+ Cycles).
>>
>>379192320
But OP, Souls has multiple easy modes.

Using the internet, using cheese strats, and using phantoms.

What more does a widdle baby need to beat it?
>>
>>379198778
Nothing anyone could say will stop FROM from milking the same tired formula for years to come
>>
>>379198752
>start bloodborne
>spend like 30 minutes on the cleric beast
>jesus fuck that was bad
>reach daddy gassy
>beat him on my first try

fuck the threaded cane. this thing has no hitstun. garbage.
>>
>>379193723
All you have to do is die from a mimic once to know how to avoid them the rest of the game, if you choose to.
>>
File: Donovan.jpg (97KB, 245x463px) Image search: [Google]
Donovan.jpg
97KB, 245x463px
>>379192320
>fag goes in on easy mode
>hardened player whos been taking it in the ass on the intended difficulty invades
>timmy: "oh boy pvp how fun!"
>gets his ass fucking handed to him on a diamond encrusted plate lined with steve jobs blood and semen
>timmy: "WTF THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE BULLSHIT THIS GAME SUCKS FUCKING CHEATERS/TRYHARDS/LAGSWITCHERS"
>inb4 they'll le seperate the two difficulties pvp-wise, shut the fuck up because it'd be just as easy to hop on an easy mode character, twink him out and steamroll kids
>>
>>379198873
Bloodborne has the most intense, high energy boss fights out of any game I've ever played, and all they really are are attacking and dodging.
>>
>>379192320
look everyone , another underage whos been playing games for not even 5 years
dark souls isnt hard , people who say its hard are shit at games and probably everything else in life which requires any amount of skill and commitment.
Demons souls and dark souls dont holdl your hand and the enemies actually punish your mistakes instead of catering to your lack of skill by helping you constantly
The second game came out and the retards from the b-team who were just as stupid and clueless as you are thought the game had to be hard just for the sake of being hard and its one of the reasons why its so shit , just like the third one with the amount of artificial difficulty those two games have (tracking , broken hitboxes and input reading)
>>Seriously, why do some people give a shit about how other people play their games?
you keep showing youre an underage who hasnt worked a day in his life , shit doesnt just get made you colossal failure of a person , im going to put this next bit in caps so its easier for your small brain to proccess it
IF THE ENTIRE FUCKING GAME HAD TO BE REMADE IN EASY MODE JUST SO FAGGOTS LIKE YOU WHO HAVE BEEN HANDED EVERYTHING THEYVE EVER HAD IN A SILVER PLATTER BY MOMMY AND DADDY HAVE AN EASIER TIME GETTING TO THE ENDING IT WOULD TAKE MUCH LONGER TO FINISH THE GAME

and back to what youre saying if the original games are "too hard" and were made that way why the fuck would that have to change for you? if something is the way it is and you dont like it then fuck off , you cant have it and i know your entitled self cant comprehend this but the universe doesnt revolve around you

tl;dr hang yourself
>>
>>379198981
Except Fromsoft saying they wanna work on other shit.
>>
>>379198996
>Using the slower, lower damage, AOE whip mode with low stagger instead of the fast, higher damage, higher impact sword mode that has a literal optimal moveset for its class
>Complaining about hitstun

Garbage.
>>
>>379193723
>walk up to chest
>see fuckload of bloodstains around it
>"Gee must be nothing :)"

This filters the shitter

"BUT ANON WHAT IF IM THE FIRST PERSON IN THE WOOOORLD TO ENCOUNTER THIS BULLSHIT MIMIC??"

You're not, shut the fuck up
>>
>>379198770
To appease people who want an easy mode.

And if they can't get through easy mode then they'd have to admit they're bad (or get laughed out of any forum).
>>
>>379198996
threaded cane is so good idk what you're talking about. so much range, fast attacks, holy AND serrated. of course it doesnt stun like kirk but you're retarded if you think its bad
>>
>>379199358
To be fair newer players have no business being anywhere near the cane. Speed isn't exactly their forte.
>>
>>379199174
the cane in cane-mode has shit hitstun too. the cleaver can stunlock just about everything. you can't hit a snakepile with the cane twice without getting counter-hit/having to roll away. I wasn't even referring to the whip version.
>>
>>379194149
>every other chest in the game
>enclosed in a snug space against a wall, usually guarded by enemies
>first mimic in the game
>in a completely empty room
>randomly stuck in the middle of the room and skewed at an angle
>room is covered in blood
>and is in the dungeon where everything is a trap
>if you're not retarded then you're playing online and there will be bloodstains everywhere
Gee there sure couldn't be anything suspicious about this chest, I should sprint in and open it without even looking at the chest for three seconds and realizing THAT IS HAS FUCKING TEETH
>>
>>379192320
Monster hunter do have a difficulty level, the game have easy mode LR, normal mode HR and hard mode GR, you start easy and end up in the highest difficulty setting.

If you are a shitter then don't go further than HR.
>>
>>379192320
Personally i dont like difficulty options because if the higher ones dont provide any additional rewards then i have no motivation to suffer through them if the game isnt more fun for it

Like in halo 3 legendary was fun as is, granted, but as a bonus there was a real tangible reason to play it because you got some sweet armor out of doing so

I also like the feeling of a boss being sooo impossible but then finally beating it, and it kinda kills it when you bust your ass and then someone else is like "lel i beat him on ez mode like a month ago" which is just not a fun conversation because now you are talking with a casual pleb
>>
File: 1496165234344.gif (7KB, 130x142px) Image search: [Google]
1496165234344.gif
7KB, 130x142px
>>379199548
DaS1 mimics are something nobody can complain about. Yeah putting the first one in the fun house was a dick move but they're so well designed.
Thread posts: 178
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.