[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are healers the most insufferable people to be around with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 27

File: healers 8.jpg (409KB, 700x2036px) Image search: [Google]
healers 8.jpg
409KB, 700x2036px
Why are healers the most insufferable people to be around with no matter what game you play? What is it about the healer class that gives these people such a high sense of entitlement?
>>
>>379191405

Because their role is always in a high demand and your choice usually amounts to either put up with the abuse or one more hour to complete the party
>>
They're usually the liason between the filthy dps and the glorious tank. After even a minute of talking to the dumpster that is dps you'd be a little fed up too.
>>
brunette is cuter.
>>
>>379191405
are we playing same games?
i have been playing MMOs for years and never met that kind of healers and i play tanks or tanky classes exclusively. There are shitters and and good players, but never met one that expected a reward cause he/she is a healer.
>>
File: 1496016329527.png (38KB, 314x306px) Image search: [Google]
1496016329527.png
38KB, 314x306px
>>379191405
It's the one class with total control over whether people live or die, so of course they get retarded god complexes and become shitty people.
>>
>>379191405
99% of people who play MMOs are fucking mogoloids so naturally, most healers are mongoloids as well
it's not rocket science
>>
>>379192735
>so of course they get retarded god complexes and become shitty people.
Or become the raid mom, which is tolerable at least.
>>
>>379192461
I always see healers acting like they are god's gift. Maybe it's just the playerbase in XIV
>>
>>379192920
This, people probably don't like you either OP
>>
>>379192735
>With total control over whether people live or die
Not really true, the whole job is just a balance between tank and healer. Sometimes a good tank can save the day when the healer is being a complete retard.
>>
messiah complex, also the job is thankless and people who do it have low tolerance for failure (except for their own)
>>
>>379192940
maybe that. Its one of the very few mmos i quit within a week. Tanking was suffering, looking like a some fag from kpop group dancing and flapping your hands in the air when taunting.
>>
They have low skill but think they're hot shit because MUH SUPPORT
>>
>>379191405
If all you had to do was heal, it wouldn't be a problem.
The issue is that by being the healer / supporter in every fucking game imaginable you also end up becoming the team's babysitter except instead of dealing with a bunch of toddlers who shit themselves and need feeding every now and again you have a collection of 13-30 year old functionally retarded dipshits who think they can proceed to be even dumber than usual because you'll be able to clean up every shitbomb they decide to fuck up on.
You need to micromanage every little shit because they're fucking dumb cunts who are completely incapable of avoiding even the most telegraphed damage in existence.
Also literally everything is your fault, no matter how much it isn't.
Some dumb shit runs half a mile away from the rest of the group and dies repeatedly to easily avoidable damage? That's your fault.
Your team loses because they're incapable of doing anything? It's automatically your fault no matter what it is.

Every so often being the healer is an absolutely fine and even rewarding job when you're with a group of actually competent people, otherwise you're the designated baby sitter and trash can for everyone to blame anything that goes wrong on.
>>
>>379193947
That's your fault for not adjusting.
>>
>play medic in TF2
>don't bother healing shitters or people who do stupid shit
>usually only medic on team since no one wants to play support
>shitters and idiots always scream over mic about how I suck dick since I never heal them
>usually see thread on /v/ whining about healers after the game
It's like clockwork.
>>
in a good party the healer job is the easiest role ever, sometimes you can even go afk and no one would notice since they arent taking damage (depends on game mechanics)

thing is: good parties are rare
usually every party is filled with shitters, and they all blame eachother for their own failures
shitty dps blame healers when they die, blame tank if they died while still getting healed
shitty healers will blame dps for not killing stuff/saving their asses, and blame tank for not "holding the aggro" when they fail to avoid taking damage themselves
shitty tanks will blame healers for every single damage they take and blame the dps for not killing things fast enough

the thing with healers is that in most games its a class that require less skill/knowledge/action to play
so it end up attracting a greater deal of shitty players to it
>>
>Go Tank
>It's in the entire party's best interests to keep you alive
>Your entire job is "Don't die"
>Highest priority to be healed in the party
Truly the comfiest role
>>
>>379191405
Because much like real life doctors, you slowly lose your humanity the longer you try to help people. Human stupidity knows no bounds.
>>
I can play all roles since I'm not a shitter and have no life.

Healers talk the least since their job is the most complicated.
DPS stand in the fire and make the healer's job unnecessarily harder to impossible. We notice every mistake.
Tanking is easy. If you can get aggro on everything, you have tons of ways to not die, including literally just walking away to take zero damage.
>>
>>379191728
This.

Mind you, most people are not insufferable, arrogant assholes. Most people are not even insufferable, arrogant assholes all the time. However, healers are usually in the highest demand (party will fall apart without one, with few exceptions) and the least number of people willing to play one. As such, they've learned that they can easily find a group if they need to, and so don't need to put up with any bullshit.

If you are a nice, consider, non-assholic person, then things really shouldn't be a problem. But if you are a dick, an idiot, or insist on ERPing your fantasy about shoving a dick down some dude's throat, then they're going to drop you like a hot potato and go find someone else to work with.

I find that tanks tend to work well with healers. After all, they stay alive thinks to healers, and so they learn to appreciate someone being decent at their job. DPS seems to have the worst attitudes, although this is likely because all the kids love playing as backstabby rogues and refuse to play anything else.
>>
>>379192735
that and when shit goes wrong guess who they blame 9 times out of ten? That makes most healers very try hard.
>>
>>379196306
>healers complicated
>not a shitter
discarded
>>
Tanking is the easiest role by far. You play as a DPS. No obligation to maximise your damage. Just spam your buttons and AoE as much as possible. The only time your role obligations matter is when you need to use an ability to not die or taunt off another tank.
>>
>>379191405
That better be a Healer (male).
>>
>>379196758
Jimmy DPS is standing in the fire and is about to die to his own stupidity because he's tunneling his rotation.
The tank is taking heavy damage since you're pulling quickly or fighting a boss.
You have to move to avoid a mechanic or you'll take heavy damage (wasting future healing) or outright die.

What do you do?

No other role has to make this kind of decision - you can play entirely selfishly at all times.
>>
Christ, I'm getting flashbacks to my Priest in WoW

Healers are responsible for compensating for retarded dps who aren't geared appropriately or stand in the fire. And when the group wipes the healer is blamed.

You end up becoming remarkably forgiving towards the idiocy of the tank/dps or jaded as fuck
>>
Most games where you have healers the players play as girls, and people who play as girls in games are fucking trash. The worst people. If you could play a cute healer boy in many games, I'm sure you'd get better quality healers.
>>
File: 1496259588612.jpg (12KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1496259588612.jpg
12KB, 480x480px
>Game has role only a small minority ever want to play
>Insists on making the class an utter requirement to success
>>
>>379198010
That the same for Healer or Tank roles.
There really needs to be more to the trinity.
>>
>>379191405
Those are some well-drawn midriffs
>>
is there any role more entitled and stuck up than healer/support?
>>
>>379195809
>the thing with healers is that in most games its a class that require less skill/knowledge/action to play
>so it end up attracting a greater deal of shitty players to it
That's not DPS
>>
>>379198724
DPS
>>
>>379198724
Tanks
>always have to move at their pace even if dps/healer aren't that geared
>pulls too big making it harder for undegeared healers
>act like tough guys and constantly insult people who don't do X amount of damage even in the casual content
>>
>>379191405
i found this to be true in case of dedicated healers, as in they are religiously healers and never nothing else
hybrids (they are off healers) are 95% of the time are really chill, mostly paladins, monks, shamans
the highest concentration of bitches is found among priests, druids
>>
>>379191405
>tfw always try your best to support the party
>never complain about the party facetanking because healing is your goddamn job
>still the tank never rails you after the dungeon is over
the only reward I want is a good fucking, is that too much to ask?
>>
>>379198724
DPS are the most entitled because they think if they press their damage button then they completed their part of the deal and if there are any fuck ups at all its everyone elses fault.
Tanks are probably the most stuck up because of how they're the least played role and you're privileged for them to finally que up in dungeon / duty finder.
>>
>>379191405
isn't this shit just like irl?
>>
>>379191405
maybe its because without a healer, you arent going to get anywhere or beat any content if the game is well designed and not casual as fuck
>>
File: foboivla[1].jpg (447KB, 1314x918px) Image search: [Google]
foboivla[1].jpg
447KB, 1314x918px
Never had any issues with healers. And often time I just play support myself, and try to be as polite as it allows. I switch between all roles, generally Ex!Support>Support>Nuke>DPS=Healin>Tank preference wise, and can honestly say in all possible experiences the DPS role is populated by the largest amount of faggot, cunts and entitled retards.
And it becomes EXPONENTIALLY worse in any game that includes thieves or ninjas; You'd think it's a cliche to call those tryhard, yet somehow every dumb animu shitlord ensures to fill the role.
>>
>>379191405
>most of my life play support/healer classes
>most fuckwads are dps most of the time
>suddenly a massive influx of erping healer faggots and gamur girls who cant heal for shit and only sustain themselves trought drama
Im not even sure what happened
>>
>>379198724
tanks easily, it's a boring role so they think they are gods for fulfilling the most braindead job in the game due to the rarity of people wanting to be a tank
t. off tank who tries to stay awake in the meantime, sometimes i just alt-tab until i don't hear the mobs grunting anymore

>>379199260
from my experience only DPS's with endgear are entitled af
they still get kicked though, feels good
t. maining dps
>>
Healers, buffers, and tanks [should] know how the game works. DDs don't.
>>
>>379197000
still its not complicated game-mechanic-wise

all they do is stand still and throw a couple of heals/buffs, sometimes not even that, depending on the game

if Jimmy is being a retarded standing in the fire, get rid of Jimmy and find a non-retarded dps
Jimmy being an idiot doesnt give free pass for healers to act like they are special
>>
>>379199828
>from my experience only DPS's with endgear are entitled af
It's mostly this and then some gamur girl healers like >>379199773 pointed out.
Seriously most geared DPS have the biggest fucking ego, and over half the time they're not even good.
>>
Mainly because they get flak for shit they can't control so they become super jaded and massive pricks
t. Healer since eq kunark
>>
File: Inno.jpg (112KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Inno.jpg
112KB, 1024x768px
>>379200273
hello fellow eq player, i used to be a cleric and wizard in <Triton> so i know your pain
>>
>Start out as a healer because you want to help people
>Enter dungeon
>tank rushes in like a retard pulling absurdly huge groups because he thinks it's a test of his masculinity while DPS life goal is to pull aggro for >muh damage total
>both players inexplicably blame healer for it
Gosh I wonder why they become crabby and bitter
>>
>move into new cookiecutter mmo
>dps are still cunts
>tanks still aggro half map pretending to be unkillable
Im not saying some sup/heal players aint cunts but the proportion must be 3 heal cunts in 40 dps and tanks
>>
>>379195809
>in a good party the healer job is the easiest role ever, sometimes you can even go afk

I remember one story that was pretty weird. In FFXIV if you play Scholar you get a fairy pet that heals the party just like you do. On the lower level dungeons the best thing to do is to play like you are a DPS because the fairy will heal enough for the party to continue.

I was in a party that was doing really good once and suddenly got this massive headache and couldn't even look at the screen. I relayed to the party and asked if they would rather I leave so they can get another healer or if they are fine if I just /follow one of the members while my fairy auto heals. They were pretty good sports about it so I left for 15 minutes of the dungeon just to take a pill and lie down. I guess part of the reason they were so nice is because they didn't want to wait for another healer, but it was still the most chill group I ever randomed with.
>>
>>379200027
in most situations yeah, a healer is almost like a leecher
but holy fuck when shit hits the fan man
i'm this guy>>379199828
i tried to be a healer once in a sticky situation and i have to say it's the class that takes the most pressure in the game in some cases, since you have to decide who to keep alive, who to heal quickly, who's disposable, etc. and to make these decisions under 2 seconds or less, which spell with high cd to burn and on who, if it's better to cast a 2sec low mana heal or 1sec high mana, etc.

but i'm just inexperienced as a healer, maybe that's why i find the above scenario difficult
i don't want to be a healer anyway, so i don't care much about it, i hate to stick my eyeballs on the group's hp bar forever
>>
File: 1473698877761.png (100KB, 510x763px) Image search: [Google]
1473698877761.png
100KB, 510x763px
>tfw main pld in xiv, and moonlight as a healer when I need a break
>love running dungeons and raids in both roles
>always try to be nice and keep people alive
>don't want to ruin the game for others so do I my best
>apologize when shut happens or I forgot a dungeon layout
In the years I been playing this game I been fortunate to have not experienced the bad tank, a few rookie ones but we all started somewhere.

As for healers, I had one or two bad ones. One that had the personality of a douch healer. Dude got into hissy fit and started pulling as many groups as possible to wipe the party. What a shame, the other two players had the new scrub and I try give them a good run every time.

Also, I lust after cocks so many that has something to do with it.
>>
Healers and dps are bitches. As a tank I got complained at that I'm going to fast and pull to much, even though no one never even came close to dying. When I rolled a healer, not only did I keep up but I topped the healing meters with the least amount of over healing. Most healers are just garbage. I only ever met one person in 5 years who played a healer that agreed with me and we became friends and ended up trying to duo a bunch of dungeons when we were bored.

DPS think they're entitled to every single piece of gear that drops. Even when it's not that big of an upgrade for them and would significantly boost someone else.
>>
File: 1452578907674.png (344KB, 1270x1270px) Image search: [Google]
1452578907674.png
344KB, 1270x1270px
>>379201324
>>
>>379201575
>>379201575
post the buldgeless version please
>>
>>379194803
>they keep spamming E to try and get my attention
>happily continue to overheal the heavy as that faggot scout who stole my health-kit as I was healing him burns to death

Healing a liability is time not spent healing a valued asset. It's just good business sense.
>>
>>379201692
what are you fucking gay?
>>
File: Ghosts of Ascalon.jpg (49KB, 736x460px) Image search: [Google]
Ghosts of Ascalon.jpg
49KB, 736x460px
This is why you play games without the trinity
>>
Healers and tankrs are entitled pieces of shit. They have an inflated sense of self worth because they're in demand.
>>
Uhm, I'd like a tank to heal... Can I find one of those here?
>>
File: 1487004042622.png (496KB, 579x533px) Image search: [Google]
1487004042622.png
496KB, 579x533px
>>379196759

This. It's funny when tanks act like their job is hard, let alone the hardest.
>>
File: 1387350123371.png (31KB, 202x682px) Image search: [Google]
1387350123371.png
31KB, 202x682px
>>379201692
>Being this gay.
>>
>>379193947
I think you are either exaggerating or playing with bad players or not building understanding with your group. When I heal I make it none that everyone should try not to get hit and have potions on them.
>>
>>379201284
i've played all three roles pretty extensively and it's really not that hard man. Yeah there are definitely more decisions to make and it's probably the most 'engaging' role in the gane, but you basically prioritize and if you're clearing content, the damage input will eventually become routine besides the odd fuck-ups that people will have.

not to mention if no one is taking damage you can just sit on your ass and use a few damage spells. DPS constantly have to find ways to maximize their output while dealing with mechanics and movement.
>>
>Play healer all the time
>Don't have any bad stories about healers since I don't see any other healers at all
I feel like that's what's going on in this thread. People in their preferred role don't have a lot of horror stories about said role because they never get to see anyone else in it.
>>
>>379191405
>no follow Up where that supposed trap gets railed by all the guys in group
>girl in black se ñes them, gets pulled in and it become a contest on who can better please the dick
>both end up completely sodden with seed, collapsed, holding hands and praising each other for their mutual love of cocks
>final panel has them go faceless just in time to chat up another group of guys
>>
>>379202064
whats this even from, does homosexual conduct occur in it? reminds me of that picture series where two girls are lessing out and the elevator door opens and two guys are almost about to kiss and the exchange is basically
>w-what are you doing?
>w-what are YOU doing?
>>
>like tanking and being a party/squad leadership position
>also cause nobody in my group wants to do it
>tanking is the most boring and feels like the least impactful role
it's an abstract sort of feel
>>
>>379202705
Neither of them is a trap, retard.
>>
File: 1472590556204.jpg (19KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
1472590556204.jpg
19KB, 400x320px
>tfw I have played all 3 roles and find each other pretty easy and challenging at the same time
Each one has its own things to it, kinda just a shame some folks let the game get to their head.

Also, I prefer tank and healer, but mostly because of queue times.
>>
Instead of complaining that the people in the group are not satisfactory to you why don't you guys just get a dedicated list of friends to play with than you can be as selective with the group as you want. It's not like you don't spend countless hours in these games and meet literally hundreds of people.

Hell there's probably enough people in this thread to form several parties already.

You arn't children in preschool anymore where the teacher needs to force you into groups anymore.
>>
>>379202795
I'd like to see this for research purposes.
>>
>>379202965
>>
>>379198724
DPS. Especially the sweaty, try-hard DPS who think they're the best thing ever since sliced bread.
>>
>>379202839
Where the fuck do you think we are nigger?
>>
>>379192940
Maybe because you should learn your place and not be a little shit, DPS scum. You are eminently replaceable within 10 seconds.
>>
>>379203093
huh, found it. and its genderswap, wew, lad, they made asuka a dude
>>
>>379203557
wew. anyways, back to vidya
>>
Healers are never at fault, if they die, they weren't being protected. If the team fails they didn't do enough DPS. If others die, the tank didn't protect them. If the tank dies, they were reckless.
>>
File: healbottactic.gif (113KB, 632x785px) Image search: [Google]
healbottactic.gif
113KB, 632x785px
>tfw Healbot Blues only exists as an archived page now
>>
File: 1453622354668.jpg (113KB, 531x471px) Image search: [Google]
1453622354668.jpg
113KB, 531x471px
>>379203557
>>379203645
>that second page
>>
>>379191405
Play one and find out, or shut the fuck up and take it, bitch.
>>
>>379203434
It doesn't matter where we are. The source is from some guy's comic about a gay mage who dislikes that girl for being a gold digging slut.
>>
File: 1496090337157.jpg (136KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1496090337157.jpg
136KB, 1024x1024px
>>379191405
Pretty much the exact opposite for me.
>Play healer all the time
>Usually get thanked for healing even sometimes by DPS
>Sometimes get called the best healer someone's ever played with
>Loads of whispers/tells thanking me, especially after pulling some Houdini ass heals
>Y-you're welcome
Shit's awkward as fuck. I play healer because I enjoy the pressure when shit gets intense and I just enjoy helping people out. Not to get my dick sucked. I just wanted to gear up.
>>
>>379203735
set of 4 but the first 2 are moonrunes that dont mean much. search nyoriko on sankuku channel
>>
>>379199062
If I'm a tank and pull double the DPS than an actual DPS you can be sure I will call those fucks out. I dont want to fucking stay in a dungeon longer than I need to.
>>
>>379203871
It's because they think you're a girl and want e-sex
>>
>>379191405
because an healer knows when you are shit at your job, and if it makes them do twice the work they are gonna fucking tell you to dodge the fucking pools of fire you are standing in all the time because you like to be on top of a meaningless dps chart by killing adds that would be getting killed by aoe spells anyway.
>>
>play healer
>get stressed trying to do decent damage and panic aoe heal constantly, and only ever feel slight relief after having pulled off a tough fight
>play dps
>find it reasonably challenging, but the resulting change in damage is too abstract for me to really care about, I guess I need a parser
>play tank
>have a comfy time 95% of the time enjoying the rhythm and spreading my aggro mid-combo, and enjoy nothing more than going balls to the wall with the cooldowns when the healer drops and it's time to hold the line

I guess people are just born into these roles.
>>
So from my expiernce as all 3 roles here is how it goes.

DPS hate when tank pulls too lil so dps bitches at tank
Tank tries to pull lots but he has to adjust to the healer since it's impossible to tell how good your healer is until you do a near death pull at which point the healer will probably bitch at you for actually making them work and not just spam 1 heal every 2 minutes
Then healer is either wanting to be the laziest fuck in the world or a GOOD healer will tell the tank yeah go pull the entire dungeon I got you bro.

I played DISC priest in wow and that was the most fun time I had as a healer, ff14 healing is boring.
As a paladin in ff14 I can pull entire dungeons with 0 chance of death and healers still fuck up.

DPS just don't matter and more often than not are always lazy mode who aren't mix maxing dps but will still bitch at other roles for not doing their top 1%.
>>
>>379204080
This. I play male healer, don't get shit. A rare commendation from time to time
>>
>>379191405
The tank is not gonna watch out for someone else's mistake, he needs to keep eyes on the boss
The DPSs are not gonna notic each other's mistake when they need to focus on dps rotation, dodging and the boss
You can be fucking sure I will notice if you get stunned and lose 75% of your like because you walked into a mine making me lose much of my resources to keep you alive
>>
>>379204559
Maybe you haven't made yourself hot enough.
>>
>>379191405
because their job becomes expotentially harder the more retarded their group is
yes, they are there to heal you but not when you get hit by fucking everything so you can do MLG PRO DPS (except chances are if you are not doing mechanics your dps is fucking garbage anyway)
>>
>>379204559
Friend plays a female elezen healer and still gets commendations with his ugly as fuck character and we usually battle to see who gets more commendations on my female aura tank.

It's pretty close, think we only have a 10 commendation difference in total.
>>
>>379203981
if you are a mythic raider and go into heroics because you want that extra loot bag and then complain about actual people who need loot from heroics doing shit dps maybe the problem is you, not them
>>
File: 1375285792403.png (176KB, 458x438px) Image search: [Google]
1375285792403.png
176KB, 458x438px
>>379204827
>say his character is ugly
>playing a female aura
>>
>>379204080
Not after they hear me in voice chat they don't. I should note though that I've also never once been given a hard time if the instance/raid/whatever goes south.

Guess I'm just some kinda fucking anomaly.
>>
>>379205389
You likely aren't getting shit because you are doing your job right.
If something goes south most of the time its easy to spot who fucked up if the party was functional before hand, so if you didn't fuck up you won't get shit for it.
>>
>>379205030
Another epic post by the Spud conglomerate
>>
>>379205787
Lizards are just discount cats, don't trick yourself into thinking otherwise.
>>
File: 1407263518755.jpg (254KB, 711x607px) Image search: [Google]
1407263518755.jpg
254KB, 711x607px
>>379196119
You also get the same waiting times as Healer or less, and usually get designated party leader and usually have a easier time doing Solo content then a Healer.

>>379196759
While i agree that it is the easiest, and especially sicne the rotations for Tanks tend to be brainless, i gonna say it is a bit more complex then "Just DPS" since the best Mitigation have long cooldowns so it is all about knowing the dungeons and fight and when to pop em so the are able to be popped again when needed and that also means anticipating how fast the DPS dps, especially when you put positioning into play, another important factor if you are PUGging is the ability to read threat and react accordingly and keep track of where all your party members are so you can immediately throw a voke if they fuck up and pull a add or disposition so one spawns on them and that kind of shit, with minimal position leaving/turning (because that fucks up the other DPS with position heavy rotations).

There is also the point you need to gauge how focused the healer is and how fast the DPS is so you don't over extend with HUEG PULLS.

Just like Healer it is very reactive role and good tank knows where all his teammates are at any given time to be able to jump in and bail them out and performance, hence why it tends to be "Designated Leader" you are expected to be able to gauge the performance of everyone else, Meanwhile the average DPS generally don't give fuck about the Tank and Healer unless they get hit.
>>
So is anyone elses birthday an invalid date according to square enix?

Born on dec 31st 1993 and I can't use it to make an account since square enix says its invalid. Apparently that day just doesn't exist according to japanland. I bumped it up to 83 so its easy to remember and that day works though. What is the logic here?
>>
>>379206098
c@s and skin cancer belong in the fucking trash.
>>
>>379206165
>charging for heals
I can't wait for the stormblood gloriousness of 4 paladins just rotating their clemecies and never needing a healer again.

Oh I'm sorry is healing causing you MP problems? HAHA WE DON'T
>>
>>379203720
I fucking miss GW
I wish the developers that left would just form together and make definitely-not-Guild-Wars-HD
>>
Can we get more female healers ( male )?
>>
>>379191405
Playing a healer is usually either boring as fuck or stressful as fuck. When the tank is well geared you only need to press a button maybe every few seconds. When the tank is undergeared and/or bad it's a nightmare and you get blamed for every wipe.
I used to play healers and never acted like a cunt but I can kinda understand why some do. These days if I get the need to play an mmo I just stick to tank or dps.
>>
File: 1496506176335.png (260KB, 670x597px) Image search: [Google]
1496506176335.png
260KB, 670x597px
>>379206327
>clemency getting half mp cost
>uninterruptable
Healers will barely be relevant anymore.
>>
That's why you play the class that can steal health
Then you won't need a healer
>but my game doesn't have that
Play other game.
>>
>>379206951
>tfw you will never get the cute maid outfit in FF XIV so you can be a turbo healslut
It's not FAIR
>>
File: ffxiv_06042017_214152.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_06042017_214152.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>379207592
>got the maid outfit
>will probably never use it
What a shame.
>>
>>379203785
Source?
>>
>>379208107
It's not porn and it's only like 5 or 6 pages, someone posted it here before, I don't remember where it was from, sorry.
>>
>>379192735
That, and they are usually the job with least players, so it's exponentially more difficult to find healers, which ends on them having complete control of the group under the threat of "Comply or go back to groupfinding for half an hour"
>>
>>379208191
>it's not porn
Don't care
>I don't remember where it was from
God fucking dammit
>>
>>379208192
For ff14 its incorrect. Healsluts are everywhere compared to tanks that are far more lacking in numbers.

Queue times dps 15 mins
healer 10 mins
tank instant
>>
>>379208290
I'm sorry.
>>
File: 1490672638558.png (293KB, 900x874px) Image search: [Google]
1490672638558.png
293KB, 900x874px
>>379191405
>insufferable people
>Implying people talk at all
>>
>>379191405
>I'm not going to heal that guy I don't like, that'll show them
People like this ruin the healer reputation
As a healer your number one job is to keep other people alive
Anyone who doesn't agree with this shouldn't heal
>>
>playing dota
>going in with low hp because dazzle has shallow grave
>dazzle uses shallow grave so I kill my target and get away
>"where's my thank you?"
It was extremely unusual and really weird.
>>
>>379209005
This makes me miss XI.
That game forced you to party and I used to have time back then. It was rather nice to log on around the same time and get a whisper from an elvaan thief, same thing everytime "Hey, Anon, wanna party again? :)"

It was like having friends. We never formed a link, or even added each other as friends but it was always the same group of people doing dungeons and leveling. We have chats and just enjoyed the game together. Memories.
>>
Tanks and healers are always bros. Always.

Dps classes are whiny retards who prefer dying to AoE over doing 1 less dps.
>>
File: 1487354772110.jpg (27KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1487354772110.jpg
27KB, 512x512px
>>379209005

>when you realize that the entire party is composed of one guy farming with several characters of his
>>
File: 16whe7m5.jpg (40KB, 248x267px) Image search: [Google]
16whe7m5.jpg
40KB, 248x267px
>use main medic in tf2
>would heal everyone the best I could
>over half of the faggots I've heal leave me to die in a battlefield
>later only heal good players because they support me
Turns out purposely missing your crossbow heal shots really pisses people off.
>>
>>379199773
>tfw healer in games since I like assisting
>just want to do my goddamn job

Get these pussies and limp-wristed ERP fags outta here.
>>
>>379191405

No idea really, healers are in demand more than dps.
They are still pretty much disposable to a tank though.

I guess it is just that they are big fish in a small pond.
>>
>>379191405
Why do you play classbased teambased online games with strangers though?
>>
>tfw play tank 99% of the time because I like to solo content as much as humanly possible
>generally stop playing any MMO because I can't make friends and either make mistakes or don't like the blamegame when people wipe

I miss 9Dragons, but I know it's not good. Any memey open-beta/recently released MMOs to waste my time with?
>>
>>379211295

I don't get people in MMOs, playing tanks in most games you are the most aware of positioning and mechanics.
Then as soon as you give someone advice in the nicest way possible after they cause a wipe of get themselves killed they go fucking berserk.
>>
>>379211870
Usually someone else will tell them (or me) what we did wrong, but if no-one says anything after the second wipe I'll say something. I always think that they might just have made a mistake and aren't just ignorant of what they needed to do.

Yes, I don't like conflict
>>
File: 1487608570291.gif (2MB, 420x275px) Image search: [Google]
1487608570291.gif
2MB, 420x275px
>Not thanking everyone for a job well done
>Not trying to damage control if a team wipes
>Not trying to boost group morale

The foundation of a enjoyable game experience is a nice atmosphere. Thank everyone.
>>
File: Guardian512.jpg (41KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Guardian512.jpg
41KB, 512x512px
>>379191405
Play a game who's player base is average over 30 years old and you won't run into problems like this.
>>
>>379212871

>ask if anyone need an explanation if it warns there is a new person
>give a quick explanation of a fight while running back without naming anyone if someone was obviously confused and caused a wipe
>"Thanks for the group everyone." at the end of a run
>Usually silence during most of the run but usually get 2-3 comms

I mean, I guess they appreciate it then?
>>
>we need a healer!
>we need a healer!
>we need a healer!
THEN FUCKING PLAY ONE I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU GET A KILL THIS WHOLE TIME HOLY FUCKING SHIT
>>
>>379191405
>MFW I play Healer in Overwatch
>I just land sleep darts and talk shit to the opposing team all game
>Occasionally I get gold elims and damage. I brag about it to everyone, and become insufferable as fuck

Good times.
Thread posts: 138
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.