[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best World of Warcraft mythic raid boss ever > Short and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: Blackhand_WoD.png (674KB, 762x1049px) Image search: [Google]
Blackhand_WoD.png
674KB, 762x1049px
Best World of Warcraft mythic raid boss ever

> Short and sweet Mythic Fight
> Melee and ranged had to do mechanics
> Voice over by Clancy Brown
>"Turn down for what" encounter design
>>
Dude, how do I get that Reinhardt skin?
>>
Blackhand, Thogar, and Hans'gar/Franzok were all some of the most fun WoW raid bosses ever and all three of them were in Blackrock Foundry. Shit on WoD all you want for not having content, but the raids were top tier.
>>
>>379191312
>Blackrock Foundry.

This, goddamn. Fuck all the gated shit in WoD but BRF was one of the funnest raids I've done since Ulduar or Naxx.
>>
>raids
how to detect a virgin
>>
>no matter how much you enjoy new content it will inevitably be tossed into the dumpster fire known as "non current" content.
If Jewzzard wasnt so busy re-inventing the game every 2 years wed have a shit ton of content right now.
>>
>>379193113

That's one of the things that keeps me from getting into it; as much as I like an MMO that progresses the story now and again, it feels like pretty much everything leading up to the newest level cap content gets removed or invalidated, and I'm left wondering what I might have missed.
>>
The boss in-game wasnt voiced by Clancy, it's whoever does Reinhardt from Overwatch. Clancy Brown just played him in the movie.
>>
File: laughing leon.jpg (33KB, 297x445px) Image search: [Google]
laughing leon.jpg
33KB, 297x445px
>mfw some retard tries to tell me vanilla / TBC encounters were more complex and challenging than Imperator Mar'gok
>>
>fight literally required stacking as many of the same class as possible just to make the dps check
>one of the most overtuned fights ever created, on par with vanilla naxx and m'uru
Spot the person who actually didn't do current content.
>>
>>379195954
>It takes 15 minutes to get to the last phase
>People are a few units too close to one another
>WIPE
>RESTART
>>
>pve babbies

rotfl, get on my 2900 level, nerdscrubs
>>
>>379196514
>playing with terrible players

Most people don't make the same mistakes over and over my man
>>
>>379196623
Too bad pvp in this game is a joke now and has been since cataclysm. If you ever want to brag about arena you should have been 2200 at least in BC or Wotlk.
>>
File: 77441.jpg (46KB, 511x436px) Image search: [Google]
77441.jpg
46KB, 511x436px
Who are you?! What do you want?! Stay away from meeeeee!
>>
>>379195954
Easy way to spot someone who never played older versions of WoW. Vanilla especially the difficulty (I use difficulty loosely) was more in the logistics and preparations more than actual execution. Shit like gathering required resistance gear, consumables, buffs, attunements, reputation to summon Ragnaros. While fights did get more complex later on (Just look at C'thun) earlier raids like molten core in particular had laughably easy mechanics. Golemagg was just have 2 tanks take these 2 adds in a corner, tank swap at so many stacks and burn, Majordomo was sheep these 4 adds over and over, tank these 4 adds and Domo go through a kill order done. Rag was simply spread out, OT taunts after MT gets punted, kill adds when he submerges.

Even fights that were notoriously difficult and roadblocked guilds like Vael had simple mechanics, Vael was literally run out and go blow up when you get burning adrenaline, swap to the next tank in your designated order when tank gets it burn him till he dies. Razorgore was one of the few complex fights simply because it was so chaotic in the first phase. Blizzard really didn't step up their game with mechanics until Late AQ with fights like Twin Emps, C'thun and Naxx but even then they pale in comparison to the complexity of later expansions.
>>
>>379197037
>since Cataclysm
>doesn't remember launch Wrath DKs
>doesn't remember wizard cleave and beast cleave formations in Wrath
>doesn't remember Shadowmourne platers
>doesn't remember that Vanilla/BC still had most classes that sucked at PvP and were useless at high level

>>379196224
Blackhand didn't have overtuned crazy damage dealers expect that one impale thing that you're expected to circumvent. Yeah a lot of the fight is a very interesting take on ultimately a dps check, but it's the extra mechanics of the fight that ensure a variable raid comp.
>>
File: 1468113401763.jpg (81KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
1468113401763.jpg
81KB, 500x334px
>>379197037
>mfw played Warrior during BC when everyone had Mace spec/Stormherald
>>
>>379197176
I thought it was cool he actually had extra dialogue if someone had Atiesh equipped but next to no one actually ever got to hear that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpelFm_Lc20
>>
So how shit were feral druids on vanilla
>>
>>379198259
Nobody's gonna do shit with you unless you are flag bitch in WSG.
>>
>>379190830
>anything WoD being good
rofl
>>
>>379198259
Shit, raids sometimes would bring one for the crit buff but even then they were hardly used and there was barely any gear for them. Tanking wise also shit, anything that wasn't a Warrior wasn't tanking and they were the only tank with a proper taunt. Hybrid classes were pretty much all forced to heal and all their tier sets were geared for healing, Druids in particular were just awful in Vanilla many high end raids groups would only bring a single Resto druids for Mark of the Wild their HoT's didn't stack either making them even worse.
>>
>>379196943
Not him but considering most people don't see top-end content maybe that has changed over the years due to casualization, most people do make the same mistakes over and over, my man.
>>
>>379198259
We let our feral druid OT on farm nights in MC. But we were overgeared at that point. Progression nights right back to being heal bitch.
>>
>>379198785
>maybe that has changed over the years due to casualization
Nah the amount of players that complete the most latest current highest difficulty content is lower. Naxx, Sunwell, ICC had around 5% completion for example.

It's 1.81% for Mythic Gul'dan right now.

https://www.wowprogress.com/

We have been on that "tiniest mistake from one person can lead to wipe" level crazy now.
>>
>>379199515
Naxx was way lower than 5% it had only been completed by less than 30 guilds before the pre-TBC patch, only 1% of the playerbase had even touched it and somewhere around 800 players had finished it, but vanilla Naxx took a whole other level of poopsocking because of the ridiculous consumable requirements.
>>
>BT was better than SWP
>Uld was better than ICC
>FL was better than DS
>ToT was better than SoO
>BRF was better than HFC
Whats with this trend of the middle raid being the best one?
>>
>>379200194
Too wrapped up in telling a story in the last dungeon
>>
>>379192813
>Not raiding with your SO
I'll mail you a rope buddy
>>
>>379199987
Where are you getting your numbers for Naxx completion percentage? I can't find any for Vanilla. But yeah that stuff did take too much time grinding consumes and longass Graveyard walks.
>>
BRF was kino desu. I hesitate to say WoD was shit because it had some of my favorite boss fights of all time.

HFC was garbage though, yeah.
>>
>>379198259
Best way to level up, and actually kind of fun.

Expect literally nobody to take you anywhere at 60 though.
>>
>>379202069
>didn't level as resto
>didn't cast moonfire and auto attack with a few rejuv's mixed in
fucking brainlet
>>
File: 1474839077317.jpg (3KB, 109x125px) Image search: [Google]
1474839077317.jpg
3KB, 109x125px
>>379192673
>tfw Operator Thogar just wanted to be left alone with his trains
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.