[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/v/ shits on indies or gives credit and praises to indies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 5_brothers_a_tale_of_two_sons.jpg (35KB, 508x285px) Image search: [Google]
5_brothers_a_tale_of_two_sons.jpg
35KB, 508x285px
>/v/ shits on indies or gives credit and praises to indies that don't deserve it
>nobody talks about Brothers

Just played through it last night and it was pretty great.
>>
It was shit.
>>
Bretty gud game, thought the puzzles could have been a little tougher though
Also the camera is a pile of ass
>>
I really liked it, it was cozy as fuck and had a great story. The camera is ass though, that other guy is right.
>>
It has one of the worst titles in vidya
>>
>>379184589
How was it shit faggot?

>>379184598
I thought the puzzle difficulty was fine. It wasn't so much about difficulty so much as it was about the journey. More difficult puzzles could've been better but I think people would've complained. I do think the game could've been a bit longer though.

>>379184667
I'd have to disagree. I though the camera was ass until I made it to that first giant and realized I could rotate the camera with L1 and R1.

@379184746
>complaining about a title

I can't even give you a (you) for that.
>>
Saw a hilarious dunkey video about it.
It was removed from his main channel since it was basically a paid review and he trashed it

Bought the game because it didn't look completely awful, but haven't played it yet.
>>
I did not like it. And I'm usually the kind of person who enjoys these story-heavy types of games. Between this and Ori, I realized how easy it is to pull on heartstrings cheaply and how much it irritates me.
I don't think the story is actually very good. I don't think that beyond the cheap tragedy pull it actually has anything substantial to tell. I found the brothers to be boring as fuck as far as characters go. And the gameplay is entirely token.

The WHOLE game exists because of that ONE scene. One - admitedly good - moment where the game uses the mechanic to communicate a good, honest, touching point. It's a good idea, it's a good example of how to use mechanics to convey narrative, the message is cheap but understandable.

The problem that I have is that it's PAINFULLY obvious how the entire game was designed solely for this one point. Everything else is suprficial, by the books, boring as hell. And they even cheapen that one moment by just copy-pasting it and having the player go through it over and over again, slowly making the player angry and sucking out any emotional impact it had.

So: as far as I'm concerned, it's not a good game, that exists for the sake of one good, but gimmicky moment. And ultimately, that cheapens the moment so much too. It's a completely unremarkable story about completely unremarkable characters with completely unremarkable art direction, music, puzzles and gameplay in general, that exists for that ONE scene. This scene that could be really powerful if we could give two fucks about these guys, but I didn't.

So yeah. As much as I appreciate that one idea in this game, I kinda find the title Obnoxious.

Also, the fucking name. I think it just speaks volumes about how much actually effort went into the game beyond that one gimmick.
>>
>>379184528
Amazing little game, but there's not much to talk about. You binge-play it once and that's about it.
>>
>>379184528
I only managed to get through the first two levels before i got too fucking bored to keep going.
>>
I like the story and the setting, but that's about it. The game is too easy so the weird gameplay feels a bit wasted on it.
>>
Here's a better game about two brothers that handles brother cooperation better.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.