[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has a greater game ever been demolished by literal retards?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 12

File: Evolvethetruth.png (90KB, 760x1451px) Image search: [Google]
Evolvethetruth.png
90KB, 760x1451px
Has a greater game ever been demolished by literal retards?

No. No it hasn't. The knee-jerk reaction to this godsend is why we need population control.

>tfw too intelligent to hate evolve
Anybody who hates it admits to being dropped on their fucking head as a baby.
>>
>>379178045
If by retards you mean the clueless developers, then Tribes Ascend is on the same page, it was also killed twice.
>>
>>379178045
SArais pls go
>>
>>379178223
I meant the developers and all the literal autists screaming about meaningless cosmetics.

So yes.
>>
doesn't this game even less of a playerbase than blunderborn?
>>
>>379178459
Never. Until the damage is reversed and this game is in the glory state it should have been

Every day
Every month
Every Year
Until it is done.
>>
>>379178045
I dont hate it, I just didn't want to waste money on it, and it seemed like I was right.

>>379178527
>meaningless cosmetics

If they were so meaningless, make them free.
>>
>>379178534
it has around 650 players currently, compared to battleborns 100 or so
>>
>>379178534
No, StillBrown has zero right now.
>>
File: kek sensei.png (155KB, 416x806px) Image search: [Google]
kek sensei.png
155KB, 416x806px
>>379178534
You wish Randy
>>
>>379178670
>but muh skins!
So fucking what?
I think they should of been tied to unlocks ala TF2 milestones, but that would of made sense.

You're not getting everything spoonfed to you, you little shit.
>>
>>379178670
I mean, they did make them free.
>>
File: 3424.png (44KB, 279x121px) Image search: [Google]
3424.png
44KB, 279x121px
>>379178045

Played the game for over 100 hours and was in the top 50 monster players.

It's fucking shit and was ruined by greedy inept developers. Kill yourself faggot.
>>
>>379178871
Because the brainless, shit-spinner masses wanted everything spoonfed to them and dumbed down and casualized. The game was literally perfect on launch, and then plebians had to go and ruin it with balancebaby faggotry.
>>
I had fun with after it went F2P, then like a month later the publisher pulled the plug on it completely.
>>
>>379179025
>Played the game for over 100 hours and was in the top 50 monster players.

>only 100 hours
>in top 50
Stop pulling shit out of your ass.

Rofl. Fuck off noob. You know nothing about the game and that's likely not even yours.
>>
>>379179025
>Played the game for over 100 hours and was in the top 50 monster players.

Literally impossible. Even those with 200 hours are still considered noobs at the game with no experience.

Come back when you've played 1000 hours of legacy, you fucking nigger!
>>
>>379179123
>>379179217

This is embarrassing
>>
the game isn't shut down yet?
>>
>>379178045
I pre-ordered evolve as soon as I was able. I don't regret my choice too much, but I will say the characters starting out were a tad too expensive. 15 dollars for behemoth? I got him for free but my friend had to pay a load for one monster. And 8 for a little Hunter? That's not cool.

The game is just unplayable now that the main die hard players are gone. Now all you get are solo players preffering monster, so if they don't get monster they leave and you are stuck with Ai. But even if you do find players, they are mostly people who bought the game at the store for a super cheap price and never tried it so noob team.

All that aside, the game is lacking, regardless of what you have to say. The only mode that matters is hunt. Nobody cares about arena or rescue shit. And in hunt, all the monster has to do is put on movement speed erk and crouch to victory, so you won't hardly ever even find it until it evolves by the care and starts whacking on it while th team is on the other side of the map. Jet packs need a buff and kraken needs a nerf. Same with Gorgon but nothing is being done. So just accept evolves pathetically crushing defeat.
>>
>>379178793
that's not spoonfeeding you fucking retard
>>
>>379179395
I'd argue I got exactly- if not more -than what I paid for, The amount of effort and detail that went into behemoth, especially his animations, is fucking bewildering
>all those sineous tendons stretching and contracting
>all those rocky plates shifting and sliding about
>those animations when damaged
Bueno.

>>379179365
Everyone playing it now is mostly doing it to spite 2k for what they did to the game.
>>
>>379179654
no I mean, they said they were shutting down servers in like january since f2p failed so horrifically.
>>
File: evolve.jpg (297KB, 660x2788px) Image search: [Google]
evolve.jpg
297KB, 660x2788px
>>379179595
>GIVE ME EVERYTHING FOR NO EFFORT OR I'LL SCREAM LIKE A FUCKING SPOILED CHILD
>HOW DARE YOU NOT GIVE ME IT ALL WITHOUT ME HAVING TO WORK FOR IT YOU SHOULD GIVE ME THE WHOLE GAME FOR FREE ALL THE STUFF FOR NOTHING REEEE
Sounds like spoonfeeding to me!
>>
>>379179742
No, they just gave us a crock of bullshit and left them on. They'll shut themselves off.

2k/Randy Pitchfork purchased the game specifically so they could drive it into the ground
>>
File: 1495321086973.jpg (33KB, 750x730px) Image search: [Google]
1495321086973.jpg
33KB, 750x730px
>>379179123
>>379179217
>>
File: EvolveTruth.png (98KB, 1775x289px) Image search: [Google]
EvolveTruth.png
98KB, 1775x289px
>>379178045
Been a while since I was able to post this.

If you disagree with pic related you're wrong
>>
>>379180048
I don't. The devs were fucking idiots; but it shouldn't of gone this badly; but the Asperger horde screamed about skin DLC, so that probably lead to all the other issues.
>>
>>379178045
TL:DR: Wah.
>>
>>379179029

Cabot + Val + black assault guy instagibbed monsters when you combined their abilities.

It needed some balancing.

Some of the stage 2 stuff was dumb, see also trappers not trapping anymore.
>>
>>379180393
>people complained about the dlc model
>this lead to the devs fucking up the balance of their game and not fixing their messes in subsequent patches
wut
>>
>>379181005
>people complained about a skins DLC model
>but every other game that does it gets a free pass

>>379180941
The removal of being able to DODGE THE DOME AND HEAR IT was one of the most fucking retarded things I'd seen.

>>379179953
But it's true. You don't know shit.
>>
>>379180941

The worst thing for me was the removal of foliage. I used to love just sneaking around as the monster yet Stage 2 just changed it into running around like a retard.
>>
>>379179029
Cabot was legit broken at launch, he did more damage than any assault.
>>
>>379182006
He had a relatively low refire rate to make up for it. I feel that's fair, and that's coming from a Behemoth main.

Who was fucking abysmally under-powered when he launched, mind you.
>>
File: Metamorphasis.gif (3MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Metamorphasis.gif
3MB, 500x281px
>evolve could of been metamorphasis, which was basically evolve but better and had a Planetside 2003 styled territory control
FUCK
>>
>>379181502
>but every other game that does it gets a free pass
weren't the new monsters and hunters also paid dlc? also i fail to see how that forced the devs to fuck up their game balance like you claimed.
>>
>>379182435
Yes, but people freaking out about the prices on them still fail to understand how much work actually went into them; I willingly paid for the T4 and T5s; but nobody in their right fucking mind can defend a SEASON PASS TWO WHAT IN THE FUCK

I wish this game didn't go as badly as it did. And it will probably never get another shot to be the game it could of been.

Fuck sakes.
>>
>>379180048
>>379180393
>>379180941
I remember when they nerfed Cabot's damage to shit while Kraken was still OP as fuck. Made it basically impossible to kill a kraken unless they were retarded.

It was sad to see how quickly the comp community abandoned the game, but that's to be expected when you can't balance your sides properly. What kind of masochist would join a league where every game is the monster's to lose and every matchup is determined by the tiebreaker coinflip?
>>
>>379180048
To also be fair; something tells me if that they were still with THQ and that THQ didn't go bankrupt, these issues would of never even arised.

Thanks 2k!

I really want to wish that the game returns some day soon, either as a new installment or rebooting it.

Seriously. There was nothing quite like it's gameplay. Fuck the retards refusing to play. I would of made the little shits watch Mantracker.
>>
>>379178045
Anyone else thought the lore was pretty interesting? There's a lot of mention of events and setting in the banter between characters which really made me want to learn a bit more. Shame it's all probably dead for good.
>>
>>379182930
From what I understand, the creatures are from basically buddha-hell-but-not-exactly-evil, neither are the monsters themselves.

Those drives that they keep destroying cause perpetual nuclear explosions in their reality, so you can understand why they'd invade!
>>
>>379182429
Wait, what? It WAS going to have a territory control?

AND APPARENTLY MULTIPLE PLANETS?
AND DEEPER CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION?
AND 10 MORE DIFFERING TYPES OF MONSTER?
BUT 2k AXED THAT?
>>
>>379182709
>Yes, but people freaking out about the prices on them still fail to understand how much work actually went into them
see but that's where it diverges, the post i was replying to said other games get a free pass with paid skin dlc model but the thing is especially now whenever a game is charging for skins they release actual game content like new characters and maps for free. I'm sure a shit ton of work goes into every new overwatch character but they're released for free.
>>
Nice bait OP, I see you are getting quite a few bites from all the retards using /v/ recently
>>
>>379183263
>open worlds with player-built-and-npc villages and shit
>survival-builder-fps versus greifer-thirdperson-boss hordes
>terrain can damage monster
>terrain much more interactive
>all sorts of differing shit
I MAD
>>
>>379182429
>>379183263
>>379183526
Is Evolve the new Spore?
>>
>>379183365
>I'm sure a shit ton of work goes into every new overwatch character but they're released for free.

Maybe because overwatch uses an entirely different technique, artstyle, and is nowhere near as animated, nor requiring MULTIPLE skins per skin?

You might not quite understand what I mean by this; but the monsters had a variety of damaged states/models. This means that the workload was effectively tripled as they had to make damaged skins/models for each stage, and code the transitions between them.

>>379183526
>cocoons instead of the odd bubbling thing
what the fuck? why didn't they keep these

Okay, now it's clear 2k butchered this.
>>
>>379183649
Funny you should mention that. It had a built-in muted spore-creature-creator of sorts. Which is to say, your monster's appearance changed out of the pool of abilitys you selected, and instead of just 4 possible abilities, you had like fucking 10-20 per monster that did a bunch of diffrent things or were just variants on the base four.

c o m e t h e f u c k o n
>>
>>379183890
Which is to say- you could still pick up to four and level them, but there was more to pick from than just four.
>>
https://talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/the-development-of-evolve/

Okay, now I'm livid.
>>
>>379183771
>>379183365
>bringing up Overwatch
OW runs off of a completely different monetization scheme which is arguably far more ethically questionable and/or predatory than Evolve. Apples and Oranges.
>>
>>379184304
Overwatch is arguably worse
>pay once to get what you want
>or pay to get a chance at what you want.

why is this acceptable and Evolve's isn't?
>>
>>379183771
then i would understand charging for the monsters but why also charge for the hunters?
>>379184304
overwatches model while not ideal and pretty akin to gambling is miles better than evolves just for the simple fact you get all new content that actually affects the game(i.e charcters) for free as opposed to having to buy them. Hell i'd say R6S and for honor also have better systems where there is still a paywall for new content but it can still be had completely for free with enough in game time. I'm not saying their models are ideal but they are better than the one evolve employed.
>>
>>379184605
Because they didn't release nor develop them all at once. They worked on one at a time while doing other things, in also part due to budget cuts. People these days assume you can push-button-receive-content, but it costs a hell of a lot to go through so much iteration and work on a single hunter let alone a monster, not to mention the voiceactor needs to be accounted for too.
>>
>>379184524
becuase OW doesn't lock new content that affects the game behind a paywall, yes the lootboxes are less than ideal but they're better than having to pay for new characters. Evolve tried to have it's cake and eat it too with a cosmetic shop but also charging you for new characters.
>>
>>379184809
If it was up to TRS, we would of gotten the hunters and monsters for free too. 2K wanted to jew even MORE and make the MAPS paid for too.
>>
>>379184838
But you were only paying to select them in the online lobby. There was SEVERAL ways built-in to circumvent ever needing to pay for ANY of the dlc.
>>
File: orlok.jpg (391KB, 740x860px) Image search: [Google]
orlok.jpg
391KB, 740x860px
So you're saying they had...
JEWISH MASTERS
to impress?
>>
>>379184809
All things Blizzard goes through in overwatch as well, they also have extra voice lines, taunts and sprays to create for the character. And the fact they didn't develop them one at a time isn't really an excuse, why didn't they just release them one at a time for free if that's how they were making them?
>>379185024
>But you were only paying to select them in the online lobby.
you mean where most people would play the game? What ways were there to circumvent having to pay for the new characters?
>>
File: 1494449164402.jpg (14KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1494449164402.jpg
14KB, 480x480px
I see the Evolve devs are spending the last of their cash to shill their dead game here.
>>
File: fik.jpg (5KB, 136x150px) Image search: [Google]
fik.jpg
5KB, 136x150px
>>379185550
Nice try Jack. I told you to never phone me or my daughter ever again.
>>
>>379178045
I don't really care about the Skins, I care that the gameplay is shitty.
>>
>>379185435
You could matchmake into a game in progress of a character you didn't own.
You could have a player who owned the character select it, and on start of game, spectate and you and him could switch classes.
You could have that player leave the game, take his slot, and have his character.
You could have a private game, and anybody in the private game would share any owned characters.
You could try them all out for free in single player.

Basically, every way except literally giving it to you hand over fist for free. 2k was jews. And the dialogue in-game seems very specific on calling people out in the industry being fucktards.
some of it even seems planned
>>
>>379185976
>gameplay is shitty
Define.
>inb4 running simulator. Learn2play.
>>
>>379178045
>the game will be dead on arrival
>completely subjective
oh yeah sure, play with bots and pretend they're actual people lmao.
besides you forgot to address the issue that evolve simply isn't a fun game.
I played the open beta/alpha/omega/whatever ages ago and it was boring. uninstalled after 1 match.
>>
>>379186067
so basically glitch into using them? that's still a hell of alot worse than overwatches system.
>>
>>379182930
The official forums are still up, and the writer posted official backstories for a lot of characters. Go read up, faggot.
>>
>>379186160
They weren't glitches. They were intended, and the devs specifically said so.
>>
>>379186148
it's not really a running simulator, it's like a Balance Your Farming Rotation Simulator.

like the goal of the game is to minimize the amount of time running so you can farm more.
>>
>>379186242
Ok so even if it wasn't considered a glitch it's still an extremely roundabout way to play one of the characters without paying for them and even then someone would have had to pay for them in order for you to do any of those methods.
>>
File: 1437776779069.jpg (112KB, 572x303px) Image search: [Google]
1437776779069.jpg
112KB, 572x303px
I don't remember it very well, but wasn't there the problem also that almost all the matches ended up just being a slow, long game of cat and mouse?

>>379179123
With the 30 day average playercount being about 400, it sounds pretty easy to be in the top 50 at some point.
>>
>>379178045
Evolve is actually bad game, you are baiter or fantard
>>
>>379186959
>you are baiter or fantard or shill
ftfy
>>
>>379186606
>implying that automatically makes you any better, though, instead of some arbitrary bullshit number.

>>379186374
And in it's prime, it was a thrilling bout of wits-versus-wits, a primal thrill as one stalked the hunters or laughed yourself into your testicles receeding because of them walking past you when you're both practically staring at eachother in plain sight.

How the fuck did they NOT see me?

>>379186959
still waiting on some actual comments here matey
>>
File: 1386456970752.jpg (133KB, 700x649px) Image search: [Google]
1386456970752.jpg
133KB, 700x649px
>>379187373
>There's anything left to shill
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.