[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: I can't believe this is made by the same people who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

ITT: I can't believe this is made by the same people who made that other thing.

What crack cocaine did Arkane smoke to make Prey after Dishonored?
It's like they took everything about their game design logic ever since Dark Messiah and took a huge steamy dump on it and proceeded to make Prey.
What happened to them.
>>
Most studios have B teams. Prey was obviously made by their B team.
>>
Is there some kind of anit-shill force for this game here? What's with the non-stop hate? It's objectively good, fuck off
>>
>>379171870
Compared to dishonored, a 2012 fucking game mind you, no it's not.
It's fucking garbage compared to that.
>>
But it made like 30 millions dollars profit.
>>
>>379171929
not even close

is this how you spend your summer shit breath? fucking christ you've been making this type of thread every day
>>
>>379171870
reverse psychology bait threads, now new are you?
>>
>>379171987
A compelling retort.
Duly noted, now proceed to eat your daily dose of feces, you seem to enjoy it.
>>
>>379171870
Woah, d-did you just say "objectively"? Well fuck, looks like we all have to agree with what you say now.
>>
>game based around survival and ammo conservation
>enemies only appear when you enter the room and jump around like a bunch of assholes
>wrench is shit
What were they thinking
>>
>>379171870
DUDE PREY 2 LMAO
>>
>>379171870
Prey is one of the best pleb filters we've seen since Far Cry 2. The response to the game just shows how far the quality of the board has fallen.
>>
>>379172073
Yes, you're right. The cock loving OP can delete this aids-ridden thread now
>>
>>379171718
The Dishonored games are amongst the best games of the ten last years.

Prey is even better though but it filters people with bad tastes way more.
>>
>>379172164
>wrench is shit
You take that back. Wrench with full investment plus combat focus wrecks everything. God help them if you get the wrench psychoscope chip.
>>
>>379171718

i dont know what your fucking problem was, i had fun
>>
>>379172164
>Playing on Hard
>Popping Combat Focus with my shotgun ruins phantoms in 2 hits

Ammo conservation isn't required when you max out combat focus.
>>
>>379172164

try not sucking so much dick at it. you can sneak up to an enemy and knock their ass out to 10% health in one hit and just finish it off with another swing

you can even hit something off a catwalk or platform that causes them to fall and die
>>
It's not amazing by any standard but it's not bad or even all the mediocre either. If anything there's not a lot to talk about aside from the "It's not prey 2" debacle which, Face it, Was pretty much an Injun duke nukem forever waiting to happen.
>>
I think the main problem is that you fight blobs of mud and shadowy ghosts instead of human people.
>>
I think they should have chosen a different name for it, it's never a good idea to take a franchise title and just do something completely unrelated with it, but past that the game itself is very good, lots of freedom and choice
>>
File: 20170605234508_1.jpg (240KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170605234508_1.jpg
240KB, 1920x1080px
Alex is Jesus I get it game.
Did they fuck?
>>
>>379172673
What's the point of using the wrench when most of the higher-end enemies shit out cystoids?
>>
File: laughing 14.png (793KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
laughing 14.png
793KB, 1280x720px
>there's an achievement for killing yourself in the first part of the game
>there's an achievement for killing yourself with a recycler charge
>>
>>379173105

why would you ever play as the girl
>>
>>379173341
I made a huge mistake.
>>
>>379173105
>female
neck yourself
>>
>>379173215

you mean just the one? just that one nest that can be instantly killed with a psy attack before it shits just one out?

did you play the game?
>>
>>379171929
dishonored and dishonored 2 are insanely boring. Stealth games are boring. The two games are also ridiculously easy. Prey isn't easy, especially the start. (inb4 git gud)
>>
>>379171718
Explain.

I love the Dishonored games and I was thinking of getting this too since it's Arkane, what's so bad about it?
>>
>>379173215
Use the bolt caster cystoids explode on contact. Same with the nests. Weavers suck if you nulwave them. Git gud.
>>
>>379173423
playing on hard, the beginning was difficult as shit. made it that much better knowing i could get my shit kicked in at anytime, and had to rely on stealth/unorthodox tactics to survive
>>
>>379173423
You just have shit taste and also are shit at games, it's okay that's common.
>>
>>379173473
It's an empty version of Dishonored.
Still feels like a sandbox but basically very limited options and boring enemies (1 hit dying crabs and occasionally a ghost)
It's just empty and boring
>>
>>379171826
it was made by their austin texas team while the dishonored games were made by a french team so this is literally true

I still really liked prey though
>>
>>379173904
Dishonored was made by the austin texas team though, fag
>>
>>379173904
I wouldn't mind more games from Arkane Austin if this is how they're starting.
>>
>>379173307

theres an achievement for stealing alex's escape pod key and leaving the station before any plot points are resolved

[/spoiler]that ending is really funny once you see the true ending he just kills you on the operating table and you're dumped to menu
>>
>>379174013
Arkane Austin existed since the 90s.
They made arx fatalis and dark messiah, dishonored and a bunch of other shit
>>
>>379171718
What's wrong with it?
>>
File: grievous.png (223KB, 1800x1332px) Image search: [Google]
grievous.png
223KB, 1800x1332px
>>379172164
>game based around ammo conservation
>non-ammo based weaponry is weak
>this is bad
>>
>>379172164
>>wrench is shit
It's great against mimics and normal phantoms. Don't have to waste a single bullet.
>>
>>379173341
>>379173409
To spice things up?
>>
>>379173341
I played as the male, but whats the difference? It feels like there would be practically none.

Also on a side note what the hell was up with that red eye art? That shit wasn't tied at all with the game, or is it just a side effect of the nueromods?
>>
>>379174256

side effect, doesn't make much of a point after the start but it was meant to show that you were reliving the same day over and over as your brother tried to reboot you
>>
File: 1488574885239.png (1MB, 631x1022px) Image search: [Google]
1488574885239.png
1MB, 631x1022px
>>379174124
It requires too much thought, too much planning, too much execution. Arkane needs to dumb down their games more if they want to be successful.
>>
>>379174256
You stick a goddamn needle in your eye you mongrel, did you even play the game?
>>
>>379174367
That's fake right?
Did monkeys playtest that?

What human being would not do something they were told they shouldn't do?
None I tell you, those were aliens
>>
>>379174417
obviously, but if you look on the status screen, your eyes arnt red.
>>
It was good. Ending plot twist felt a bit lame.
>>
>>379174757
I liked it, I was spoiled by /v/ but I didn't know of the 2nd part of the spoiler

Who you were playing as
>>
>>379174569
Worse than monkeys, playtesters
>>
>>379171718
My biggest complaint about the game is actually about the enemy variety. You have
>mimic small and big
>4 flavors of phantoms: electric, fire, normal and blueberry
>3 kinds of floating blobs
>some invisible crawly thing
Now that would be okay, but the whole black goo aestetic makes them all look basically the same. And out of all of the above only mimics have an interesting gimmic to them, and all of them are just walking demos of your own powers.
The powers in the game were fun and some of the secrets were well hidden but the atmosphere bored me to tears. Where's the psychic monkeys and midwife's of System shock 2 still spook me to this day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LjtSogs0qM
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.