[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>*buys out your product* So what's wrong with this exactly?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (78KB, 640x482px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 640x482px
>*buys out your product*

So what's wrong with this exactly? They have every legal right to do it whether you like it or not.
>>
>>379169190
hahaha she bought 6 wii Us, what a dumb bitch.
>>
>>379169264
looks like more than that
>>
>>379169190
>*teleports behind you*
>*unsheathe nodachi*
>*slices you into a million pieces*
>"ppsh nothin personel kid..."
>*tips fedora*
Calle
>>
>>379169190
There is literally nothing wrong with scalpers.
The limit 1 per customer bullshit has always been the work of SJWs
>>
>>379169568
Can they even legally do that? I mean, it's the free market and all.
>>
>capitalists will defend this
>>
File: 4L_gDhfRZoK.gif (315KB, 234x159px) Image search: [Google]
4L_gDhfRZoK.gif
315KB, 234x159px
>>379169568
>everything I don't like is the fault of SJWs
>>
File: 1368930126314.jpg (34KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1368930126314.jpg
34KB, 320x320px
>>379169264
>hahaha she bought 6 wii Us, what a dumb bitch.
She bought 6 wii Us, a console made by a company known for releasing a very low quantity of units, ON RELEASE DATE!
I bet that woman sold those shits in less than a week and got a nice margin of profit
>>
>>379169690
I bet she still has them, nintenfriend.
>>
>>379169568
No, it's a way to keep a customer base happy. The retailer will make the same profit regardless and then they don't have to deal with a total shit show.
>>
>>379169632
They legally can refuse service to anyone. You can't force someone to sell them your property unless they're an Indian tribe
>>
File: 1.png (293KB, 572x385px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
293KB, 572x385px
>>379169745
nigger, Im a hardcore sony fan, that doesnt mean I dont know how scalping works for newly released consoles, the wiiU might have been the treblinka of nintendo consoles, but everyone knows release date consoles disappear, I've been seeing it since the PS2, I bet you dont rememeber the gamecubes being sold at $500 on ebay on 2001, or sears trying to sell the n64 at $550
>>
>>379169190
what breed of jew is this?
>>
>>379169983
I know, I had a hacked jap gamecube because of that. That entire line of conversation was obviously a joke on how nobody wants a WiiU.
>>
>>379170016
A ruthless mom with a minivan.
>>
>>379169568
It creates artificial demand for the consumer. A constant state of demand that cannot be met causes the consumer to look for replacement products.

I wanted to get an NES Classic but I didn't want to have to deal with the scalper bullshit. I cannot be the only one. I'm sure I'm not the only one, I just don't know how many people like me are out there and if it is really affecting the bottom line for Nintendo. But it certainly doesn't get me excited about their new products or releases because I know it's going to be hell to get them because of no job eBay flippers camping out and buying up the whole stock
>>
>>379170016
I'd breed with that jew desu
>>
I can live without a console in short supply. The Wii was under produced for months, but I was able to get one because I was patient. Wii Us sold out everywhere. Got one this year for $130. Now the Switch is hard to get. But I'll have one for less than half the launch price because I'm not desperate to pay for games on release.
>>
>>379169568
>The limit 1 per customer bullshit has always been the work of SJWs
>>
File: Min maxing profit.jpg (491KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Min maxing profit.jpg
491KB, 960x720px
>>379169190
This thread is disgusting.

Scalpers and flippers are a disease on gaming. They use underhanded means to acquire multiple items of something that is supposed to be limited, which skyrockets the price, allowing them to have money to do that again.

They only hurt consumers and allow for the market to be so disastrous, that companies like Sony try releasing a home console for $599.
>>
>>379169951
>You can't force someone to sell them your property unless they're an Indian tribe
what about eminent domain?
>>
Well for one most scalpers arent paying their fair share most likely by not having a licensed business and appropriate paperwork and are performing tax evasion.
While it's very simple to stop them with a 1 item limit the biggest problem is automated scalping with event tickets which is bullshit because Ticketmaster does not care that boys are buying 50+ tickets to sell them to the highest bidder.

I'm not really bothered by them but a lot are stay at home mothers who think they are big shots for being able to flip some items here and there and the ego can get kinda grating
>>
>>379170363
Only idiots get fucked by scalpers, if you want a console you already pre order it month before to get it as soon as possible
>>
>>379170113
>It creates artificial demand for the consumer. A constant state of demand that cannot be met causes the consumer to look for replacement products

Speaking of the nes classic thats probably why they're going out of production. Everyone has given up on buying them.
>>
File: 1389007668027.png (1KB, 214x198px) Image search: [Google]
1389007668027.png
1KB, 214x198px
>>379169568
>Be non-jewish merchant
>Have desirable product
>Some fag comes in and buys all of it
>Other customers come in to buy same product
>Get pissed and harrass business owner, accusations of false advertisement, etc.
>No one wins except for the greedy hook nosed kike wringing his hands in a corner atop a pile of horded product he intends to sell for 300% profit
>>
>>379169190
there's nothing wrong with it
only manchildren complain about it
>>
>>379170606
This.
All my friends were able to get switches at 300 by just preordering now everyone is mad that they were lazy and Amazon 3rd party is selling them at 400
Tbf Nintendo dropped the ball on supply but it's the NES classic was the worst.
>>
File: .png (13KB, 712x589px) Image search: [Google]
.png
13KB, 712x589px
>>379170526
>tax evasion
But tax evasion is great, I dont want any of my money to go to some n-words food stamps or pay the salary of some redneck that will get killed in the middle east while defending Israel
>>
>>379170980
Sure thing but other businesses have to obey the law and scalpers shouldn't get preferential treatment, especially since they don't really offer much value
>>
>>379171209
>scalpers shouldn't get preferential treatment
But they dont, literally everyone can do what they are doing, its not like they have a secret society where they get lower prices and thigs like that.
As long as companies like nintendo keep releasing new consoles in very low numbers and there are retarded homo kids willing to pay premium money to get the console as early as possible without pre ordering it scalpers will continue to do their thing
>>
>>379169190
>nintendo switch is STILL sold out everywhere after 3 months of release

i know i'm not gonna buy one til the fall, but jesus.
>>
>>379169568
> SJWs

Literally fucking what? This has fucking nothing to do with politics you fucking assblasted pol autismo
>>
>>379171645
Hey pal, if you dont like it why dont you go to cuba or venezuela? I bet people over there dnt have to deal with people scalping all your precious nintendos
>>
>>379171425
I'm not saying scalpers are bad, only that some operate as businesses (buying and reselling goods) but are negligent and do not have proper paperwork or do not pay taxes simply because some want to get rich quick.
That's not cool on a lot of levels.
>>
>be me
>go to shop in the evening
>want to buy some bread
>its all sold
>throw a tantrum, yell REEEE SCALPERS and rotate like a fidget spinner on the floor
state of /v/
>>
>>379170980
then calculate how much you'll owe in taxes each financial year, donate it to tax-deductible causes you do endorse, and fill out the details of doing so on your tax forms

I do it because I don't want a single cent of my tax money supporting the corrupt military-industrial complex
>>
>>379171645
Tbf for Vidya we have digital distributions and plenty of ways to secure purchases via pre-orders. The problem comes when supplies are fucking low or they decide to release near Christmas and people.jus buy like fucking animals.
>>
>>379171893
That's a very good idea, I fucking hate to pay for some cluster bombs being dropped on children in Syria because evil Assad dont want a zionist controlled country
>>
>>379170606
>>379170939
What about the fact that there are less units to preorder, because scalpers take all the preorders?
>>
>>379173908
Surely there are ways to limit their orders but it's up to the store. I doubt that most small time scalpers are going to have boys and plenty of accounts to buy things.
>>
>>379171840
>go to store
>product is all sold out because business couldn't handle demand
>customer is disappointed and goes to competition
>business loses sales due to scalpers
No one likes scalpers.
>>
>>379169690
>Nintendo
>Releaseing a particularly lower quantity of consoles than the competition

wut
>>
Scalpers are assholes. People who enable scalpers by buying their shit, are just as big of assholes.

Patience is a virtue.
>>
>>379169190
I dunno but *typing like this* should sure be illegal.
>>
>>379170980
>n-words
Just say nigger you self censoring cuck.
>>
Could you just buy out all of something to control the market or piss people off?

It works in MMOs.

How rich would you have to be to do this?

I think it only works in MMOs because trading goods can be done quickly and by a single person.
>>
>>379169190
Legal sure, but does not make them not shits for doing it. Its a product, going in and buying them all so other people cant? just for the purpose of reselling them for more? that just makes you a massive prick.
Stores should stop them, since it would drive away business if people knew they were always out of stock a hour in.
>>
>>379169190

/v/ doesn't understand social contracts because it is, as a collective, socially inept.

But people who do this are "assholes". You have the right to be an "asshole" but other people are also completely free to "consider you an asshole" and "not like you for your actions".

The "not like you for your actions" is why /v/ plays the Nice Guy angle trying to emotionally manipulate women into sex and regularly fail.

But that's a whole 'nother topic.
>>
>>379169568
>always been the work of SJWs

This is how you know small children browse this site. Kids love to just regurgitate shit to sound cool but don't understand the context.
>>
If I went to big concerts, or I was an Amiibo collector I'd be upset.

Scalpers are assholes but people gotta make money somehow.
>>
>>379174416
Fuck scalpers but
>Business loses sales due to scalpers who purchased all the units they had to sell
Nigga what?
>>
On one hand, I have no problem with someone buying something with the sole purpose of reselling it to someone else.

On the other, I have a issue with people buying multiples of something that has a very limited stock. To be fair, stores have gotten better about limiting sales of rare electronics then they used to. I remember at the Wii launch, there was like 50+ people outside circuit city for it, and less then half were there for the actual system itself.
>>
>>379169190
>>379169568
It fucks over business owners in the long term, since it makes other customers lose faith in your business when you can never have an item in stock for them.
>>
>>379174524
This.

It's such a slim profit you can make on this bullshit, the required time and the necessary investment taken into consideration.

It's never the people who would ever need that money that get it, or people that could be counted on to otherwise spend it more wisely that pay it.

It's all just assholes and idiots.
>>
>>379174649
I suppose you could.

What would you gain, though?

I mean, unless you're already a prolific commodity broker.
>>
>>379174998
Is that REALLY a thing which has happened, though?
>>
>>379170526
Ticket scalper are serious cunts. Any time a popular musician does a concert here, all the tickets disappear before they are even available to regular folk to buy, then reappear for sale with a price hike of several hundred percent.
And the fucks at Ticketmaster are totally complacent in it.
>>
>>379170980

You have to go pro and do "tax avoidance" which is the legal and richfag-approved method.
>>
>>379175329
When you live in a shitty small community, yeah.
>>
>>379175097
The cunt on op's pic has like 3600 dollar worth of consoles, why not put that money in stocks or some shit?
I hope some nigger went and stole all her swiches and i don't even want one. What a bitch.
>>
>>379175329
You've never just decided you weren't going to waste the gas driving someplace that's always sold out of what you want?
>>
>>379169264
its more than six
those wiius will now collect dust in those boxes because thats all wiius are good for
>>
>>379174416
>buy out all the stock
>this somehow harms the business
are you literally retarded?
>>
>>379175734
>stocks
>implying that's a smart thing to buy
lmao
>>
>>379175657
if people could ignore scalpers and skip those shows instead of bending over because they NEEEED to go, the problem would vanish in months as scalpers go broke buying tickets they cant sell, and concerts become increasingly empty despite selling out (which in turn lowers merch and drink sales)

people falling for scalper bullshit has so many parallels to those fucking "reply or ur mom dies" posts. perpetuated by simpletons with more time and money than sense
>>
>>379175329
>preorder game at chain store
>on relase day get told they have no stock
>know people had their preorder fulfilled at different store
>try them, no stock because I didn't preorder with them
>avoid first store in future and just buy online from a cheaper third store despite the delay
Just my experience anon but not stocking something you advertise really pisses me off and I can easily think of a few chain stores I just don't bother with anymore due to fuck ups
>>
>>379169190
>buy expensive toy
>buy 10 of them
>expensive toy is on high demand
>supply runs short
>resell expensive toy to people with way too much money that would rather pay twice the price than wait a few months
>people mind you that would have wasted their money anyways

manufacturer is happy because you helped bump the launch sales numbers faster
retail is happy because they sold out
faggot who paid twice is happy because at least he has the toy
you made some cash so you are happy
some random kid on the iinteret screams because there is 1 in ten million chance he would have gotten the toy if it wasnt for you
>>
>>379175657
where the fuck do you live that buying tickets online isnt a thing?
>>
>>379171425
>retarded homo kids willing to pay premium money to get the console as early as possible

this is the real issue. "i want it and i want it NOW, every obstacle in my way is a CANCER on society because IWANNIT"
>>
>>379171425
most scalpers are store employees/managers so they do get preferential treatment and its completely against company policy but everyone does it and good luck proving it
>>
>>379169190
It's for poors who don't value their time.
>>
>>379174416
>buisness loses hteir privilege of selling to me instead of selling to someone else who was fater than me
>my money is worth more
>>
i wonder what the NES mini will be worth in a months time
>>
>>379169190
As with many things, just because it's not illegal doesn't mean you're not a douchebag for doing it.
>>
>>379175329
I probably would've got an NES classic but due to scalpers it was more expensive than just making an all around emulator station by slightly upgrading an old nano-itx form factor office PC.
>>
>go to buy something
>all taken by scalpers at all major retailers
>well ok these stores suck for not having enough stock for this as usual
>wait until back in stock
>scalpers never bother me or the company, just the shitty retailers
LOL
>>
>>379169632
and the free market means that if i don't want you to buy my product or be in my store, you can fuck the hell off
i wish you kids would understand what you talk about
>>
>nintendo babies are STILL crying because that other kid got their toy and they didn't

this is sad
>>
>>379169190
THICC
>>
>>379177419
What if it never comes back, retard
LOL
>>
>>379177571
talk about salty sour semen grapes over the fact that that your console stopped selling wew lad
>>
>>379169690
>buying a wii u

kek
>>
>>379176982
>1 customer buys all your hot product
>19 other people come looking for their own and leave angry, buy nothing
Or
>1 guy gets mad he can't buy 20 items, leaves with 1
>19 other people come in and buy 1 each, a few of them also buy accessories and other products like dvds, flashdrives ect
>>
>>379169568
Do I need more proof that SJWs are a boogeyman at this point? Also the practice is scummy but blame the retailers who don't limit 1 per customer, not the people taking advantage
>>
>>379170363
>that companies like Sony try releasing a home console for $599.
That had everything to do with SCE trying to cram all sorts of ridiculous hardware in the PS3 and nothing to do with scalpers.
>>
>>379170768
>Other customers come in to buy same product
>Sorry, we're all out
>oh
Have fun with your fanfiction, lardy.
>>
>>379170980
You also don't want any roads to drive on, parks to play your DS in and public schools, apparently. Why are NEETs such wastes of time?
>>
>>379170363
Nigga straight husslin
Bing bing wahoo mofucka
>>
>>379177448
You're an idiot, you can't deny providing your services or selling your products unless you have a damn good reason, otherwise you can be sued for discrimination.
>>
>>379170606
Purchasing products before release, before any measurable reviews and study of quality can be done, is a terrible practice. Pre-ordering is a cancer on the integrity on all games.
>>
Rather than scalping, why not just invest your money on Nintendo's stocks instead?
Imagine, if you gave your money monthly to buy Nintendo's stock when it was at it's lowest, just after Iwata died, and there were no games for the Wii U on the horizon, you could have tripled, maybe even more, the money you invested.
>>
>>379169190
>So what's wrong with this exactly?
nothing, just asspained kiddos get mad over this
>>
>>379174889
>>379175987
>>379176982
Other customers that would have bought the unit now can't and get angry at the business, thus they take their business elsewhere and that store loses future sales from loyal customers. Multiple people tend to spend more money than a single person, even if that single person has more money than the others combined.
Not sure what's so hard to understand about this.
>>
>>379175657
ticket scalping/reselling is illegal isn't it
atleast I think it is here
>>
>>379179461
Because stocks don't generate cash unless sold or through dividends. It can take years to reap in profits and may not be as big as just selling switches for 400+ and it costs commissions to buy stocks.
>>
>>379176349
You forgot that 9 other people that would have bought the toy legitimately will now no longer buy from that store because they didn't stock the item they wanted.
>>
>>379169190
Queen got her money from dumb nintendo fanboys not even a week after this.
Everybody lost except based scalpers.
>>
Scalping in the end only benefits consumers. Its actually illegal in the US for manufacturers to infringe on the end purchasers right to resell, atleast for physical goods.

t. someone with antitrust regulation training
>>
>>379180674
to elborate, companies like Nintendo would love to have to power to restrict the resale market so they could control the resale price of their own product, but because they cant if they want to make more money they have to make more units and price them competitively.
>>
>>379180398
Uhh, anon, stock markets exist, trading stocks is what I meant, rarely do people buy stocks for dividends. Commision fees aren't that large as well anon, it would have been a great investment nevertheless since Nintendo's stocks went up drastically since then.
>>
>>379180398
In fact anon, should buy one NOW, because I doubt this would slow down anytime soon, it might even reach Wii levels (7 times the current value).
>>
>>379181438
You missed the point. it's not as straightforward to buy and sell stocks than it is to buy 10 switches and sell them at 400 and make $1000 in less than a week
>>
>>379181706
No, anon, I'm not talking about the switch at this moment, I'm talking about how in OP's situation, rather than buy a Wii U, they should have just bought Nintendo stocks.

Anyways, I see your point, but it entails more risk to sell a Switch rather than buy stocks is my other point.
>>
>>379180674
>Scalping in the end only benefits consumers
t. bootlicking financial slave
>>
>the nu-generation can't handle real capitalism and demand that sellers restrict max products to a buyer
What a fucking shock. When i was a kid, we had to WORK for the priviledge of buying a gameboy. By camping outside the store. Meanwhile, you nanny state fags now demand further enforcing upon innocent business owners because fuck putting in effort to get what you want.
>>
File: seriously goyim.jpg (27KB, 203x345px) Image search: [Google]
seriously goyim.jpg
27KB, 203x345px
>>379169190
Scalper mom's make me sick.

>Summer 2015, Splatoon just came out.
>Playing it till morning since the midnight release
>Decide I'm gonna get a squid girl amiibo from Target when they open since I'm up early and feared amiibo shortages like from Smash
>Get there and see a crowd of at least 2 dozen nerds waiting outside, talking about how long they've been waiting, pokemon, etc
>Among them is a single middle aged women by herself
>One of the more confident nerds who clearly got the first raises his voice to everyone
>"Alright folks, lets be civil about this and make a single file line in order or who got here first"
>Crowd agrees, we all shuffle into a line, except for the mom, who's been by herself the entire time
>Doors open, we all walk in
>Mom rushes past everyone, doing the crowning-turd speed walk, nearly running to the back of the store, obviously to the electronics department.
>Get there, the whole table of Splatoon amiibo is promptly ignored for the Smash stock, so I get to take my time looking over for defects incase they had early smash amiibos QC
>Mom already getting a fight with someone cause she wanted to buy literally all the Robins or some FE character idk
>Employees tell her she can't get ANY because people were waiting before her
>Starts yelling about how she's entitled to buy anything she wants because it's illegal to refuse her currency
>nerd joins in the shouting match
>Take my single girl inkling to the checkout, go home and unlock kawaii schoolgirl squid chan
>>
do all americans have stockholm syndrome towards the capitalist system that keeps them poor and firmly in their place working to keep the Rothschilds rich
>>
>>379175987
People who go to a store to buy a console that actually want to play it will generally also buy games to play on it. The games are more profitable than the consoles are. So a store will get more out of ten different people buying consoles than one person buying ten consoles.
>>
>>379182283
Waiting in front of a store for hours until they open isn't work, fucktard, it's wasting time. Jobless people like soccer moms in OP's pic get to do this while productive people have to go to work in the morning and attempt to buy stuff later when they get off just to find that some smug jewess hoarded them all and expects them to pay 200% markup.
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.