[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would Nintendo games be even better if they achieved at least

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

Would Nintendo games be even better if they achieved at least this level of visual fidelity?
>>
>>379160175
No, because that has nothing to do with gameplay and realism only serves for technical progress.
>>
>>379160221
I doubt this. Zero Dawn was damn fun and sometimes I just had to stand there and think "wow is that game beautiful". While playing Zelda I seldom had this impression and feeling although Zelda was a very good game.
>>
>>379160175
The main reason Nintendo games are good is because they're aware graphics are partly worth sacrificing for the sake of the other aspects.
>>
>>379160175
Daily reminder

Game play > Music > Graphic >>>>>>> Shit > Story
>>
>>379160175
Of course they would be better. If it means sacrificing gameplay, however, then fuck no.
>>
>>379160175
I mean the PissC can't even do it LOL
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 542x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 542x540px
>>379161867
This. It's funny when they go MUH GRAPHIX and yet NO, literally NO PC game looks as good as Horizon
>>
>>379160175
of course they would. But modern Nintendo values gimmicks more than anything, so the Switch had to be a portable first and foremost
>>
>>379160221
fpbp
>>
>>379161130
Thanks reddit
>>
>>379161841
Why would it ever mean sacrificing gameplay? Graphics quality and gameplay quality are not related (unless the graphics are causing performance issues)
>>
ARMS will still look amazing in 20 years.

Horizon will look dated as fuck in 20 years.
>>
File: C9E8ZkfXkAEgngJ.jpg (184KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C9E8ZkfXkAEgngJ.jpg
184KB, 1200x675px
>>379160221
Technical progress this
>>
>>379161985
Being portable is a gimmick now? What the fuck
>>
>>379162157
>what are budget limits
>>
>>379162338
Portability is quite obviously a gimmick if the console is first and foremost meant for home use.
>>
>>379160436
Depends on the person to be honest, I admit to not playing HZD(don't own a PS4), but I feel like realism in games is not something for me, the more real a game looks, the less art direction it has, from my point of view anyway. Zelda is beautifull and I can't remember how many times I saw myself just looking at the scenery
>>
>>379161920
Dishonored2, Dying light, DOOM, and those are just the first things that poped in my head, playing at max gtaphics in 60 fps is actually different from 30 fps, even though I don't much care for.
>>
File: original.jpg (360KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
360KB, 1280x720px
>>379160175
>visual fidelity
It's worthless if you're just going to make dull and dreary brown crap.
>>
Obviously. If you improve an aspect of a game it objectively becomes better.
>>
>>379160221
>graphics have nothing to do with gameplay
People this fucking stupid shouldn't be allowed to exist.
>>
>>379160175
of course they would
>>
>Nintendo games

A $60 rehash with good graphics is still a rehash.
>>
They wouldn't be better but they'd look better.
>>
>>379162157
I think the implication is that having a more visually impressive and detailed environment limits its interactivity, either through budget constraints, performance issues or difficulty of programming.
>>
>>379160175
>>379164910
Is that kids do these days, stare at the scenery in a video game. Art direction will always triumph over graphics. 20 years from now people will think HZD looks like shit, meanwhile people will still enjoy BotW for it's good art direction. This is a given for any game.
>>
>>379168936
>>379164391
it only takes one talented developer to design an enjoyable gameplay formula. I mean you don't get better gameplay just by throwing more money at the game designers; they'll do the best they can anyway. And design by committee is never a good idea.

Your development process is dysfunctional if the game is being designed so that the gameplay is just there to compliment the graphics (instead of the other way around). The gameplay is the core of the game; everything else is built around that.
>>
>>379170462
>I mean you don't get better gameplay just by throwing more money at the game designers; they'll do the best they can anyway.

To a degree, if a designer comes up with something great, but it would take one year to create when your budget is only big enough for say 7 months you've gotta scale back.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.