[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Crash Trilogy runs at 30fps >Prey has insane input lag

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: ps4_pro_boost_mode.jpg (25KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
ps4_pro_boost_mode.jpg
25KB, 590x350px
>Crash Trilogy runs at 30fps
>Prey has insane input lag
>Tekken 7 has a resolution of 844p

Starting to think the PS4 Pro was a scam desu
>>
>>379154213
Tekken 7 is 1080p 60fps on pro

why do you lie on the internet
>>
>>379154213
It was a last resort against the personal computing platform which has been getting way more popular recently.

They didn't plan for it originally.
>>
>>379154213
tekken has input lag too, 7 frames or so.
>>
File: raughing_girlsu.webm (1MB, 960x716px) Image search: [Google]
raughing_girlsu.webm
1MB, 960x716px
>>379154276
>1080 60fps on pro
>>
>>379154436
fuck off back to kpg moron
>>
>>379154456
consider suicide scrub.
>>
>>379154213
Yes It is a scam

t. PS4 Pro owner
>>
>>379154436
Yes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-0o1TUPLpE
@04:11
>>
>>379154619

Another Pro owner here, can confirm total scam.
>>
>intentional decision
>lazy optimization
>lie

Really made me think. That said, no one is utilizing the PS4 Pro. The only game with huge benefits is The Surge.... LOL
>>
>buying technology without researching how they performs vs. how they're advertised

are sonyscrubs this gullible?
>>
>>379154213
>Crash Trilogy runs at 30fps
Pro was never about doubling framerates, we've known this from day zero. You're a massive retard if you ever believed that it would do that.
Also Crash being at 30fps is more about dev incompetence (if you want to look at it that way) rather than the hardware. They aimed for 30fps and reached their target, they opted for most post-processing instead of higher framerates. That's all there is to it. Most casuals won't care and it makes marketing screenshots look prettier, I guess.

>Prey has insane input lag
We're talking abotu a Bethesda game here, what did you expect? Also why do you even care, are your tastes THIS shit that you still care about Bethesda made/published games?

>Tekken 7 has a resolution of 844p
Not on the Pro. Mayhaps you chose the wrong image I don't know.
>>
>>379155475
Your greentext is 100% right but the thing you wrote afterward is wrong.
It's mostly non-sonyscrubs that bought a Pro
>>
Pro seems powerful enough, Why do Devs keep fucking up so badly with it?
>>
>>379154619
Nintenbr- I m-mean, err... Sonybro here. It's a scam, I can confirm
>>
>>379154213
Starting? Dude peeps who didn't buy it saw this coming a mile away. If anything should be considered a meme it's 4k in 2017. We should try again in 2020 or later.
>>
>>379156369
>Pro was never about doubling framerates, we've known this from day zero. You're a massive retard if you ever believed that it would do that.
Then why would you get one.
Games already look fantastic on the console so why would you make this new hardware that improves nothing for you to enjoy the game.

>We're talking abotu a Bethesda game here, what did you expect? Also why do you even care, are your tastes THIS shit that you still care about Bethesda made/published games?
Hahaha lmao
Prey is a very decent game and has about the best gameplay this genre has to offer, with your post you are just proving that the only thing you care are the visuals since you don't care about framerate and you can't appreciate games with good gameplay.
>>
>>379157385

Terrible attachment rate. Not worth dedicating development resources to optimize for a machine that not even 1/5 of the userbase has.
>>
>>379154213
sonybros are the more cucks community i ever seen on this board.
they still deny it.
>>
At the moment the Pro is a waste of money, but it safeguards you from any bullshit developers might pull in the future with games performing poorly by default on the original and slim PS4s, but ok/well on a Pro.

It's insurance
>>
lacks Ape Escape 4
a scam indeed
>>
>>379154213
>developers cant program for shit
>/v/ blames the hardware

Really?
>>
File: 5m5vsEs.jpg (152KB, 1034x678px) Image search: [Google]
5m5vsEs.jpg
152KB, 1034x678px
>>379154213
>people fell for the 4k meme
>>
>>379157685
>Then why would you get one.
Stabler framerates, actually having v-sync, better AA, higher resolution (By this I mean constantly getting 1080p as the standard or downsampled 4k, not actually playing at 4k because that mode is for absolute idiots that enjoy framerate problems and upscaling).

I solely bought it because I didn't have a PS4 before it and it was $100 more which was negligible on top of not wanting to run into the N3DS situation all over again where the N3DS can remove the underclocking and make games run far better, even base ones. Look at how terribly Yakuza 6 runs on the base PS4, or how Kingdom Hearts 0.2 runs at 900p at 30 FPS instead of 1080p at 60 FPS (Which already should be a worry if you want KH3), or how about The Last Guardian? Yes, some games had issues in the past like The Last of Us or Watch_Dogs 2, but these games get patches within a week once the errors are discovered and then run far better than their base versions ever could.

Hell, the Prey issue is the first time since W_D2 where the Pro has had any sort of massive issues with the game, unless you want to count FFXV's Pro patch which they keep working on tweaking so it doesn't have framepacing problems.
>>
File: Let It Die.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Let It Die.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>379157685
>Then why would you get one.
One thing's for sure, you do NOT get from from your own made-up reasons. So let's jsut get that out of the way first, aight?

Here's some reasons:

1) $100 extra is not much for you. You just really don't care. Also at the time of PS4pro's release the standard model had 500gb while the Pro had 1TB, so pretty much half of the price difference was justified in a way.

2) more stable framerates. If a game targets 60fps, the Pro model is usually 10-15 frames higher than the standard model, or if a game targets 30fps, the standard model drops much more often below that, while the Pro maintains 30fps for longer periods. OR if there's dynamic resolution, the Pro has a higher native rez and doesn't drop as low. of course these are all good points. It's only retards who come in with the wrong idea that it'll DOUBLE framerates from 30fps to 60fps that get disappointed.

3) Better graphics. Improved draw distance, filtering, shadows, etc etc is a very common thing

4) Boost mode for older games and general improved architecture leads to things like faster loading times, even when the HDD is the same PS4pro usually loads games faster.

5) Near guarantee that no games will be under 1080p, while half of them are on the standard model. Be it 900p or 840p in Tekken7's case. The only games I'm aware of that go below 1080p on PS4pro are those with dynamic rez like Titanfall2, but that only happens for milliseconds and you never notice anyway.

>Games already look fantastic on the console so why would you make this new hardware that improves nothing for you to enjoy the game.
It DOES improve. It's just that you have brain damage and are expecting $400 worth of extra performance out of a console that is only $100 more expensive than the standard model (bundles and promotions excluded).

I think you 100% missed the memo that PS4pro is a 2016 system that cost $400. And this year it'll drop to $350.
>>
>>379157385

Not all is about raw power. The PRO CPU is the same laptop piece of shit from 2010, just slightly overclocked. There is no balance, no way to keep proper framerate, all so bottlenecked.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.