/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm about to start playing the Gothic series and I want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: muh nostalgia.png (127KB, 315x400px) Image search: [Google]
muh nostalgia.png
127KB, 315x400px
I'm about to start playing the Gothic series and I want to go from 1 -> 2 -> 3, but I've heard some bad things about 3. Can someone elaborate on what exactly it is about 3 that makes it shit in comparison to the first two or is it just autistic nitpicking?
>>
>>379151706
It just came out really unfinished, dunno if it was salvaged by patches and community fixes later. I myself didn't like 2 as much as 1 already. The first game had a unique charm because of the setting. 2 moved more into the direction of a generic fantasy RPG.
>>
>>379151987

When you say unfinished do you just mean buggy/poorly optimized or do you mean the whole game was broken as fuck and the story sucked?
>>
>>379152171
A bit of both.
>>
>>379151706
Here's my take as an avid Russian fan of the series since 2003:

Play G1 and then G2. If you do not plan on replaying it, play G2+NotR, but I be aware that the expansion fucks up the pacing and balance.

G3 was meant to be enormous in scope. The usual drivel with the publishers, etc., overall pretty much only Myrtana and partially the desert have decent content. Many quests are unimaginative overall (in comparison to G1/G2, mind you; they are alright in the context of what RPGs we've got afterwards), and the world feels to large to be as coherent as G1/2. The music is superb, the gameplay is so-so, it is commonly claimed to feel MMOish, but I would say it is much less so than FF12 or Amalur. The number of bugs and shit quests is definitely overstated, I would recommend playing it if you fell in love with G1/G2.

You can safely skip G2 "expansion" and Arcania.

Risen 1 is great but took a hit from the console-focused industry trends. Risen 2 is mediocre at best, but they've improved significantly with Risen 3 (in area and quest design, combat and UI is still shit).

G2>G1>G2+NotR>Risen>G3>Risen 3>>>Risen 2.
>>
>>379152369
I meant G3 "expansion" and Arcania, obv, quickfix
>>
>>379152171
they tried to pander to americans despite the fact that their previous games never got that popular in the anglosphere. that caused the game to lose alot of it's praised atmosphere and gameplay elements. that and the publisher was a real cunt, they're defunct now thankfully. however there are community patches and mods that fix and improve the game, so i recommend you take a look at those.
>>
>>379151706
g3 feels more like a shitty clone of a bethesda game rather than a gothic game. Theres no real choice in how you can solve quests, the exploration is not rewarding since all the loot in randomized garbage, i dont even remember if it has a story, and combat is worst its been in the series. it feels bare bones to say the least
>>
>>379153005
You sound jaded

>all the loot in randomized garbage
and now we now you haven't played the game
>>
>>379153471
im jaded because i dont like gothic 3? what fucking planet are you living on.

oh sorry its not random the chests just change order depending on when you get them so much better
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 228x221px
We have this thread every 5 minutes
>>
>>379153896
Then don't trucking read it. We have the same shitty console-centered /v/ every day 24/7 with dozens of nintendo or kozima memes or nier or dark souls or persona per hour, go back to those.
>>
>>379153896

Better than "please viral market your shitty moviegames in this webm thread!"
>>
>>379153896
It's about a video game.
On /v/.
In a world filled with billions upon billions of people.
Just because one person makes a thread asking about Gothic, doesn't mean that all the other persons out there who haven't played Gothic suddenly understands everything about the game and never have to ask questions about it ever again.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.