[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really want to get into this game but the community seems cancerous

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: zee ezz go.jpg (25KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
zee ezz go.jpg
25KB, 460x215px
I really want to get into this game but the community seems cancerous and the last time I checked there was a big gambling and hacker problem.

How is it now?
>>
play siege instead
>>
Every single game has a "cancerous" community. And for all the shit many communities get, it really isn't that bad online once you mute a dumb fuck or two. At least it's a community that is never going to die, which can only be said for only a few games.

Gambling is dead and hacking is going to be ever present. It's not so bad in prime matchmaking, and even better in ESEA.
>>
>>379133429
So what you're telling me is this game is cancer but not that cancer.
>>379133219
Already have it. I quite enjoy it.
>>
bump
>>
File: 1494645871025.jpg (41KB, 551x542px) Image search: [Google]
1494645871025.jpg
41KB, 551x542px
I only play zombies custom games for dumb shit like this

https://youtu.be/F5omVCqoDdM?t=117
>>
>>379134002
Holy kek that's amazing
>>
>>379134002
My favorite zombie gamemodes will forever be the CS:S ones. Barricading doors with couches and shelves and then holding off 10 zombies with like 3 people stuck in a small room was fucking amazing,
>>
>>379134568
god times:( I also enjoyed playing the boat escape map and Jurassic park ones where you get to fly a helicopter and drive a bus
>>
>>379134568
>>379134897
>tfw your introduction to zombie custom modes was garrys mod
>tfw i had terrible internet so the servers would take fifteen minutes to load
>>
>>379135074
yup me too back in the day. Escape maps would take like 10 mins to download all the time. I used to actually download a bunch of them from FPS banana when people uploaded them there. Then i would put them in my cs folder so they would load quicker when i joined servers lol
>>
Fuck this game. Went back to it after a year of not playing.
>Win 12 comp rounds in a row
>Other team keeps buying autos over and over
>Mowing down my shit team
>Ump rush them until we win

Fucking horrible balance on weapons.
>>
>>379135432
Yeah, back then my family was relatively poor, so most of the time I had was spent on garrys mod downloading different things and a shit ton of mods on it.
and pirating games
>>
>>379135817
In many videos i've seen, everyone seems to use SMGs. Why is this?
>>
>>379134002
omg, this look fun as fuck ahahaha
>>
>>379133108
Much less hackers than before as a result of Prime Matchmaking. Also kinda less cancerous as a result of Prime Matchmaking and the people become less cancerous as you rise in the ranks.
>>379135948
Running and gunning accuracy is great with them, something which counter acts one of the core mechanics of CS.
>>
>>379135948
Cheap, can run and gun, more kill reward.
>>
>>379136494
Map choice matters too. There's far less squeakers, hackers and idiots outside of dust2. Or just queue with your friends.
>>
find some friends to play with and make sure you don't take it too seriously.
>>
>>379135817
You must be silver
>>
File: 1495935606456.jpg (61KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1495935606456.jpg
61KB, 540x960px
>>379133108
Counter Strike is a pretty simple game. If you like action games/shooters you'll find the fun in it. Gungame is a fun way to get started.
The gambling is related exclusively to your own gullibility, if you're aware of it going in there's nothing to worry about.

The CS community contains some of the oldest and most dedicated gamers out there, and that might sound stupid but it's accurate. It's basically the WoW of FPS games, CS1.6 being something like 5 years older than WoW?
There's also a lot of screaming kids and russians. Enjoy.

Oh, here's a quick guide on how to play CS properly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exBo0Rotd50
>>
>>379136919
Alright. I played Counter Strike Source before. What are the major differences between CSGO and Source?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (89KB, 1913x667px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
89KB, 1913x667px
>>379133782
>Going from R6S to cs

it usually happens the other way around. Just know this from someone that has over 1k hours in source, regularly played ESEA during source, got to LEM in GO before quitting:

Rainbow 6 Siege is the superior game. just go back, anon. if not for the requirement of learning the guns retardedly illogical bullet sprays and the economy system, this game would be casual as fuck. It's not like those elements are great either.

really, the only reason I played CSS so much was because I had a dope ass clan that regularly got together and scrimmed.

Fucking RIP n00bfest
>>
File: 1496057511153.gif (2MB, 320x193px) Image search: [Google]
1496057511153.gif
2MB, 320x193px
>>379137410
I'm going to add that despite my love for R6S, I'm glad I missed that year one bullshit though.

Please ubisoft contact me for your rainbow 6 shill division. I want to get paid my pennies
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.