[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /v/ play Super Mario Maker? I picked it up about a month

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: hero-mario.png (264KB, 372x624px) Image search: [Google]
hero-mario.png
264KB, 372x624px
Does /v/ play Super Mario Maker? I picked it up about a month ago after never having any interest in it, and it's actually really fun. Like having a mario game with infinite worlds, plus a content creator.
On the downside, im stuck in limbo between Normal and Expert, where all the normal levels I get are so easy they're boring and stupid, and the expert levels take me 30 lives each.
>>
>>379131929
>and the expert levels take me 30 lives each.
Thats what makes it fun. You gotta try and learn the level.

Also I play it almost daily.
>>
>>379131929
I still play regularly.
>>
We used to have really active threads with a lot of good stuff posted up until around E3 2016 when we found out that no more updates were planned.
>>
>>379135916
what other stuff would they possible add? i can think of a few things from Super Mario World like the sliding stone blocks(which people replicated with moving cannons), but it seems fairly complete
>>
>>379136182
More background themes and enemies/variants comes to mind. We used to talk about how you should be able to add a fire flower to enemies to change them, like turning a Thwomp into an Angry Sun.
>>
>>379136332
that would be cool, I did always like those things.
>>
>>379136182
They could fix the checkpoints so that you can restart from them and keep your red coins if you lose them after getting the key.
>>
>>379136426
I'd also really like to see the suits and other powers from the different games. You could shake the existing powers to turn them into the suits, like shake the mushroom to get the frog suit.

>>379136652
That would be nice. You'd think they could push that through with their next bug fix. I noticed that the game updated within the last few weeks, but I don't know what was changed or fixed.
>>
>>379136839
>like shake the mushroom to get the frog suit.
I should have added that shaking mushrooms already works in SMB style to get the weird mushroom, so it wouldn't be a stretch to extend that to other powers and in all styles.
>>
so what are these 100 or so mushroom costumes that don't come from event courses?
>>
>>379137215
https://www.mariowiki.com/Costume_Mario

You unlock them by playing through the different difficulties of 100 Mario Challenge.

I'd recommend playing through the easiest difficulties until it tells you there are no more to unlock, since playing harder difficulties early can give you costumes from the easier pools and end up forcing you to play more of the harder difficulties. That's what happened to me.

Alternatively, many of them can be unlocked by scanning an amiibo.
>>
>>379136839
>I noticed that the game updated within the last few weeks, but I don't know what was changed or fixed.
Looking into it, this is what I've found.

https://www.mariowiki.com/Super_Mario_Maker#Version_1.46
>Released April 27, 2017, the only official note is that "A number of issues have been fixed to make for a pleasant playing experience."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TggTXHao-oc
>Super Mario Maker 1.46 Update Wall jumping through invisible blocks removed

I kind of liked that mechanic and am sorry to see it go. I didn't think it was a glitch.
>>
>>379131929
Mario!!
>>
>>379140078
That's a me!
>>
>level lasts about 10 seconds, is just a random pileup of objects
>literally looks like they let a 2 year old mash the creator screen
>50 stars, dozens of comments WOW great level
>>
>>379141093
>starts with pipe to nowhere in the upper left corner of the screen
>realize it's some kid who added like two things to a default template and uploaded it
>100 stars
>NICE MAP
>GREAT BOARD
>HOW YOU DO THIS?
>>
>>379141261
>i luv ur stage, my parints r always fihgting
>>
>>379141261
>person attempted to create a puzzle level in castle background
>you can literally see the end platform and just jump to it in the first room
>clear rate 3%
>>
File: download.jpg (8KB, 239x177px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 239x177px
>star at the bottom of a 1-space wide hole
>>
>>379141459
>kid designs something complicated probably in one of the retro styles
>decides to switch it to NSMBU at the last second
>has no concept of how the different NSMBU moves now allow you to sequence break the living fuck out of it
>>
>>379131929
I don't play it anymore cause I got rid of my 3ds, it was pretty good, but it didn't seem to have as much success as I expected. What went wrong?
>>
>>379132981

It's too bad you probably aren't going to get a costume if you have to beat 12 levels with 30 lives each. I wish they made some system where beating every X amount of levels gave a reward without having to do it with a fixed amount of lives. that would give me some encouragement to play random levels, even when 98% of them are shit
>>
>>379141939
I found 100 Mario Challenge to be a soul-crushing slog of mediocrity. I did it to unlock all of the costumes because OCD, but I have no desire to play that mode ever again. The average course posted on /v/ is generally much better than the random 100MC shit.
>>
>>379142132
>it's a 'pick the right path or get dropped into a spike pit with laughter sound effects' level
>>
>>379141459
I see that kind of thing all the time. I think I more than doubled the completion rate on this course while getting the record below 15 seconds. It takes a pretty precise jump to slip into the middle section from the start, but it wasn't all that hard to do.

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/D6A6-0000-029F-E0F5
>>
OP here, shall we share some levels? I'd be happy for any feedback on the few that I've made so far
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/llamalord174?type=posted
ignore Oh God Why, that was kind of a screw-around level
the one I put the most thought into was Fire All Cannons, but I'm worried the idea I was going for didn't work super well, which was mario having some control over the cannons, and the timing of the shots.
and I'm always up for seeing other /v/bros quality stuff
>>
>>379143661
I'll post my newest course. It's a long action puzzle with item progression and plenty of refill stations.

Deus Ex Magikoopa 0: Retrograde
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/7AD0-0000-0332-996F

This is my most popular course. It's shorter and sillier and definitely easier. I'm planning on making at least one or two more in this series at some point.

Dr. Feelgood: Kickstart My Heart
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/E91A-0000-011F-69AE

I'll bookmark your profile for the next time I play. I'll probably get to it tomorrow.
>>
>>379142873
I swear I've seen the laughter effect used in a clever way once or twice, but it's usually exactly like you said.
>>
>>379144625
I've used it once at a spot where it LOOKS like im going to kill you like a dick, but then you fall down and you're safe and you get the baby face sound
>>
>>379144891
That's perfectly appropriate.
>>
>>379144173
wonderful levels, great mix of technical and thematic.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.