[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where did the "Mario and Luigi are from Brooklyn" thing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Where did the "Mario and Luigi are from Brooklyn" thing come from? It doesn't seem like something Miyamoto would have decided and it's definitely never been part of any of the games.
>>
solely from Nintendo of America and mostly pushed in the cartoon, comics and the movie. Those same sources pushed the plumber angle much more than any of the games too.
>>
Either the super show or the movie.
>>
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2010/11/qa-mario-creator-shigeru-miyamoto/1#.WTTFvuvyuUl
>Now with Mario, I think with Mario Bros. we had a setting of course that was underground, so I just decided Mario is a plumber. Let's put him in New York and he can be Italian. There was really no other deep thought other than that.
Yes, it literally was Miyamoto himself.
>>
>>379127990
Nothing Miyamoto says is canon after Sunshine.
>>
>>379127167
In the manga, as well as in the movie and the show.
>>
File: MarioJump.jpg (85KB, 570x685px) Image search: [Google]
MarioJump.jpg
85KB, 570x685px
Super Mario Bros. Super Show, I think.
>>
>>379127167
It was that fucking shitty ass god awful piece of shit movie
>>
File: DK.jpg (825KB, 1280x1613px) Image search: [Google]
DK.jpg
825KB, 1280x1613px
>>379127167
From Miyamoto. He has always been from a fictionalized version of New York, from outside the Mushroom World.
It was a part of Donkey Kong and Mario Bros, apparently.
It's more overtly a part of Donkey Kong on the GameBoy.
>>
>>379127990
>>379129221
Everyone knows Yoshi's Island invalidated this. They were born in the Mushroom World.
>>
>>379129460
I don't know how a retcon from a 1995 game is relevant to the thread.
>>
>>379128936
The movie wasn't nearly as bad as you think it is.
>>
>>379129990
It's not really a Mario story, but it's a damn entertaining cyber punk 80's movie. If you want a Mario story just play SMRPG or Paper Mario.
>>
>>379129460
>>379129758
They could of moved to New York/New Donk. As long as they grew up there I guess it counts.
>>
>>379129460
They were delivered to the mushroom world by a stork.
It's never said where they were born.
>>
>>379132849
Don't be a fucking idiot, eveyone knows storks make babies on stork island. Stop pushing this birth" meme.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.