[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Halo 4 was pale imitation of previous Halos. With Halo 5, at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 275
Thread images: 39

File: Halo_Reach_Forge_Concept.jpg (270KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Halo_Reach_Forge_Concept.jpg
270KB, 640x360px
Halo 4 was pale imitation of previous Halos. With Halo 5, at least it’s something new. But man, I wouldn’t know what to do with the series now. If you said to me, “You’re the creative director of Halo 6, what do you do?” I would have no idea. You can’t win. It’s an unwinnable situation.
>>
You're joking right? 343 has one of the easiest jobs in the world and they keep fucking it up. That's why everyone ruthlessly shits on them. Just take Halo 2/3 and make more of it. That its all you have to do.
>>
the halo 3 campaign + the halo 2 multiplayer + new and improved forge

it doesn't have to have new terrible mechanics like armorlock
>>
>>379113246
Make Halo 4. No really start off from Halo 3s end and go in a completely different direction. Don't even talk about 343s OCs do not steal.
>>
>>379113673
>>379113578
this it's so simple just rehash the old ones

Literally just make halo 2 & 3 for 2017
>>
>>379113673

Id pre order this without shame
>>
>>379114036
They did with Halo 2 Anniversary MP
>>
>>379113246
Keep halo 5's gameplay but change some stuff obviously. Make it look more halo like halo 2 anniversary and halo 3. Fuck reach faggots that think halo reach elites looked good. Drop REQ and war zone. Focus on big team battles instead and actually make many non forge maps.

Focus entire campaign on chief (50% arbiter would be okay as well)

Add every game mode and content from the start. Sure you may add new maps but don't make people wait for infection or forge ever again.

Market it like halo reach.

4k 60fps on scorpio or Xbox 720
>>
>>379113246
343 should just do classic gameplay, fuck this advance movement bullshit
>>
>>379114864
Fuck off, the reach Elites are way cooler than halo 1 2 and 3 elites.
>>
Should have just made spinoffs until they understood how to Halo
>>
>>379113246
Oh it's winnable. You just have to shit all over 343i's nonsense. For example
>Keep Cortana as a big baddie
>Her Rampancy has become so forefront that when she was reincarnated or what the fuck ever they're gay ass explanation was for her return in Guardians, the personality of Cortana is slowly being stripped away down to a sliver of insanity that is fueled by power
>Have Cortana not even recognize Chief at all outside of knowing that he's opposing her
>Get rid of boring ass Locke and his rag tag team of exposition robots aside from Buck. Keep Buck. Have him become the new Johnson
>Just to spite 343i, have Locke and those other 2 retards be executed off camera in a book that is only available through a downloadable .pdf from Halo Waypoint
>Bring back Hood as a commander for Chief
>Limit the shit out of Chief's dialogue, have his actions speak for his character and not have him speak for a lack of action
>Have Chief be more stoic, portray a sense of duty and a drive to do everything he can for his fellow man, like how he was in the previous Halo games
>Do not attempt to give him a new Cortana for a game, leave that to the rest of the squad and Buck
>bring back Marty
>Improve on 5's multiplayer
>bring back split-screen and Forge and custom games and custom game playlists
>>
>>379115280
They were going to remake the first game from scratch
>>
File: 1496513664635.jpg (152KB, 1280x1007px) Image search: [Google]
1496513664635.jpg
152KB, 1280x1007px
>>379113246
You make sure that the creative team are humble and unimpeded by an agenda. Halo's foundation was a sense of gentle exploration, a constant pilgrimage. Don't mire it in anything even remotely related to 'alien gods' or a threat on the level of the Covenant.

Have a tight, action packed story that follows you working with the Sangheli to put down a seperatist movement from unleashing a grey goo weapon in a human/elite trading system.
>>
>>379114036
It would sell like shit and get called out for being a carbon copy of the Bungie games.
>>
>>379115145
No they looked childish and retarded. So plastic
>>
>>379113246
He's right, after Halo 3 Bungie didn't know what else to do with Halo. They were tired of Halo, Halo's gameplay, and the Master Chief and wanted to move on to Destiny. Halo's ODST and Reach weren't even made by the main Bungie team that made Halo 1-3. Most of the Bungie members either left Bungie or moved on to Destiny at the time. Reach was Bungie trying to make another game not Halo and it felt like that along with looked like that when I played it. 343 seems to want to modernize Halo, with Halo 4 they failed due to literally making COD in space, with Halo 5 they were finally successful in modernizing Halo the right way. Now Halo 6 needs to correct Halo 5's problems, it's already a guarantee that Halo 6 will have a better campaign while also be a better game then Halo 4 and 5 due to having Master Chief, split screen, and a new writer, now 343 needs to make sure that Halo 6 has everything at launch this time while also keeping people addicted to the game to keep playing it like Bungie did with Halo 1-3.
>>
>>379115145
Reach Elites looked like shit. You could tell just by looking at those sorry excuses of Elites and Brutes that Bungie didn't want to make another Halo game.
>>
File: 1496445772221.jpg (7KB, 160x213px) Image search: [Google]
1496445772221.jpg
7KB, 160x213px
>>379115493
But that would have tough them nothing
>>
>>379113246
make it halo reach as far as the artstyle goes, but a little bit faster and with the BR alongside the DMR, with the DMR getting a nerf to be more long range, with the BR taking over medium range, while also being capable in short range due to the fact that all of the semi-auto weapons will fire as fast as you pull the trigger.

also all of the spec-ops type shit and a few campaign missions HAVE to start with a fucking SOEIV drop by god.
>>
>>379115493
They should have just did that instead of releasing a half-assed piece of shit maybe they can do that next time, like after Halo 6. I would love to see halo 1 remade Metroid Zero Mission style from the ground up.
>>
>>379116183
Halo Reach had one of the worst art styles, make a Halo game that looks like Halo 1-3 please.
>>
>You can’t win. It’s an unwinnable situation.

Correct. Both because of their incompetence fucking up the state of the universe beyond repair without lasting damage and because the fanbase is insufferable and too fractured. Mainly the latter.

Case in point:

>>379113578
>>379113673
>>379114036
>Just take Halo 2/3 and make more of it. That its all you have to do.

Except Halo 2 and 3 aren't perfect. They have problems and ways they can be improved. Plus, then people would just bitch it's a rehash.

The problem is that nobody has a fucking concrete idea of what's acceptable to change or not. CE plays so differently from 2 and 2 so differently from 3 and so on that everybody has their own unique idea of what makes Halo Halo, so there's nothing they can do that won't piss at least some large segment of the fanbase off.

I think everybody can agree that in normal gamemodes, classes and loadouts have no place and it needs to be even starts. But that's pretty much where the agreement ends. What makes any other particular new feature or gameplay mechanic or change Halo or not? A lot of people like the new movement systems in 5, as do I, I think it meshes well with Halo's gameplay and adds a lot to it, as well as adds a lot of the movement tech and skill that Halo was missing relative to other arena shooters like UT and Quake, Hell, I outright wish a lot of it had been in Halo 2 or 3, and they feel slow to go back to. But obviously, a large amount of people don't, as >>379114952. Which one of us is right?

A part of me feels that if the shit bungie added in 2 and 3 had been added in 4 or 5 for the first time instead, people would be calling that stuff "Not Halo" too.

>>379115145
Reach elite armor was great, the elites themesleves under the armor looked terrible.

>>379114864
>Drop REQ and war zone.
I'd rather they not, Warzone is actually fun. REQ's are cool too, the acquisition system is just shit.
>>
>>379116183
also, it needs to take place during an alternate timeline after the fall of reach, but with the covenant being fought back, and the tide turning right at the start due to the fact that the spartan-IIIS didn't suck as much ass or something.

I want to lead an offensive campaign on fucking aliums, and by god I want to play all the spec ops as an ODST during the pre-war years fighting innies.

The story is over, 3 ended it, I refuse to believe anything after 343 took up the reigns as far as the actual meat and potatoes of the space-opera side of halo, we have to just abandon it and focus on something else, like all the fucking lore that's out there.

>>379116407
I'd be willing to negotiate, but I want the customization of reach, god damnit. You can gussy it up a little bit and bring back some of the color and stuff from the original trilogy, but I need that depth of customization from reach.
>>
>>379114036
>>379113578
>>379113673
>>379113837
wtf do you think the master chief collection? it's fucking obvious that no one wants the originals given how much peopel BITCH ED about it. fuck off, halo 5 is the future idiots
>>
File: very shit.png (440KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
very shit.png
440KB, 640x480px
>>379116183
>wanting preicison weapons to be even more versatile and to shit on autos up close then they already do
>>
>>379116324
>>379116045
Some of the early ideas we had for Halo 4 are still represented in the final product. That being said, I definitely took the team on a wayward path towards something very different. The team ended up shipping something more traditional, which I think was a good move considering that this was the team’s first Halo project together.

For better or worse, Halo 4 feels like a sequel to Halo 3, and that’s what I wanted to avoid. In fact, I wanted to change the game so much that we couldn’t even call it Halo 4. There’s a hint of that idea in Halo 4, but it’s not obvious...

If I could do it all over again, I would’ve fought hard to not make Halo 4 as it shipped or this innovative, forward-thinking Halo game we dreamt up. I would have remade Halo: CE internally at 343—for Xbox 360 or Xbox One—and made it a faithful, unbelievably beautiful, well-designed remake that would teach the team how to ship together, how to work within this engine, and how to earn respect from the fans. We should have done that before creating something wild and crazy.
>>
I would make a new IP & do our own thing

Halo is just irrelevant these days, Microsoft needs to accept it's not a big system seller anymore & move on
>>
>>379116616
ramp up the ROF then, give them AR a loud fucking suppression type effect, and give the SMG a dazzling blinding muzzle flash since there basically isn't a muzzle, make CQB disorienting as shit

also keep the ADS, and make the ADS speed just slow enough that you cant bring it up around corners without being blind for half of the TTK of most auto weapons, so you basically can only hipfire, and make the spread shit.

there are multiple ways to gimp long range weapons and make full auto weapons feel powerful and cool when you're in an enclosed space with them
>>
>>379116864
doubly so for the DMR, btw, since the ROF would be nerfed.

Also mechanics around the weight of guns are good, make the AR and especially the SMG feel planted in your shoulder, a static protrusion of your body, while the more range-focused weapons like the BR and moreso the DMR feel cumbersome like you're dragging oars through the air.

Now you have weapons with cool bonuses that come into their own in small corridors and rooms, and slightly more delicate weapons that will fuck you up if you're like, one block down on some war-torn street in mombassa, but if something dashed at you down the street or some grunt came flying up in a ghost, you might have a hard time keeping your shots on target when they closed the gap and chased you into a house
>>
>>379116421
Warzone is unbalanced af. The first 5/6 min are fun of war zone after that it becomes unbalanced bullshit.

>spawn in temple banshee
>dead in 5 sec by scorpion and phaetom
>>
>>379116751
That part of the interview still hurts. If 343 would have re-imagined Halo 1, then they would have had a better idea of what Halo is/was.
>>
>>379117535
>>379116751
Halo 4 is pretty much already a redone CE though, just with a narrative that takes place after 3.

>first level takes place on drifting spaceship
>second level has you crash land, and opens you up into a huge beutufiul vista
>campaign focuses on ambiance and atmosphere by contrasting natural areas with orchestral tracks with forerunner ruins with synth tracks
>you awaken a trapped ancient evil
>etc
>>
>>379117758
True, but something in me just want to see what installation 04 would look and feel like under modern gameplay.
>>
>>379116607
MCC was an embarrasing bug ridden steaming piece of shit that STILL has issues. Besides
>xbone
Release it on PC. They can keep the new ones on xbone but no reason not to release them on steam. Literally leaving money on the table.
>>
>>379117904
Hey, at least you got CEA, right?

Sony gets Crash Bandicoot's N-Sane collection.
>>
You can't win with fans of a game series where every single game was totally different from the previous one.
>>
>>379118051
>Hey, at least you got CEA, right?
Yeah, a half-assed remake that uses Halo 3 and Reach art and pastes it all over Halo 1. Halo 1 being the PC version missing all of the effects from the Xbox version. Animation for gameplay and cutscenes looking like dogshit, having Reach's multiplayer. Yeah Halo CEA was a real treat. :/
>>
>>379118359
>Halo 1 being the PC version missing all of the effects from the Xbox version.

The MCC version of CEA actually adds back a lot of those shaders and effects.
>>
>>379118359
Don't forget the achievements and gamerscore
>>
>>379118198
This, just look at Metroid, all those 2D faggots want is Super Metroid, even though Nintendo will never make a Metroid game as good or better than Super Metroid. Combining Fusion and Zero Mission would be the ideal direction to go for 2D Metroid.
>>
>>379118481
I know but it's still missing some effects plus it doesn't have the original sound effects.

>>379118485
That too.
>>
>>379118481
No, it's literally a direct port of CEX. Microsoft just don't care about preserving the original.
>>
File: wm6me4k.jpg (564KB, 1156x650px) Image search: [Google]
wm6me4k.jpg
564KB, 1156x650px
Chief's story needed to end with 3 and the series needed to end after Reach.
>>
>>379118359
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0trlEi9c_OI

They just didn't care
>>
>>379118878
That's factually wrong you retard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6NSm54ImcA

The MCC port fixes some of the shaders and the 30fps animation bug from the PC version
>>
>>379118359
>>379118481
>>379118485
>>379118696
>>379118878
>>379119294
Am I the only one who doesn't care about the reused assets? It gives it visual canonical consistency.

The only issue is the swamp looks too bright, other then that it's fine.
>>
>>379119137
The Bungie that worked on Halo after 3 wasn't the Bungie that worked on Halo 1-3. The dreamed died after Halo 3 and that's where Microsoft retard asses should have ended Bungie Halo at.
>>
>>379119396
Look at the flood animation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzVAb6vkNd4
>>
>>379118878
The campaign for Halo 1 in MCC is a straight port (with 1080p/60 & achievements, obviously) of 2011's Anniversary, which used the PC as a starting point.

The multiplayer for Halo 1 in MCC is a straight port (with 1080p/60 & achievements, obviously) of the PC multiplayer, with new netcode designed to mimic the original LAN experience as closely as possible.

I suspect that that they used the PC version as the basis for both Anniversary and MCC for several reasons. One, although the original Xbox is similar to a PC, it has more differences than you think, and is actually difficult to reverse engineer (no wonder Gearbox didn't port a lot of the special effects) - the PC code is INSTANTLY compatible with 343's development equipment. If either Halo 1 or Halo 2 PC had never existed, both Anniversary and MCC would've almost certainly had longer development cycles. Second, the PC version already has network support and high resolution capability, again making development easier.
>>
>>379119702
>The campaign for Halo 1 in MCC is a straight port (with 1080p/60 & achievements, obviously) of 2011's Anniversary, which used the PC as a starting point.

that's wrong, see >>379119294
>>
>>379119550
Aren't the flood supposed to be jumping on them?
>>
>>379120115
The flood are doing nothing. There is no animation. Captain Keyes is supposed to be wearing his battle armor.
>>
>>379119550
>>379120115
>>379120191
That's a bug, it's not like it does that every time.
>>
>>379120413
It does that every single time. It could be a product of time limitations, inexperience or ignoring it.

They got better with Halo 2 Anniversary, so there is that.
>>
I'm still amazed at how much they fucked up the lip-syncing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwuoTueSR7k
>>
>>379120568
well, I sure as hell don't remember that when I played CEA

>>379120732
Pretty sure it's just as bad in the original as well for Cortana, at least.
>>
>>379120732
I think captain keyes looks looks fucking weird they made him look younger but he still has grey hair and his head and face just don't look right
>>
>>379120985
Not him but it was shit in CEA and only in CEA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-3RschHbg0
>>
Shame they didn't get Blur to do HCEA
>>
MARTY O’DONNELL
I was still confused when they came out of the clubhouse and presented it to the team. Joe said, “Okay, here’s how the ending’s going to go. We’re going to do this and this and this and…” And I’m like, “Wait, Joe, are you saying that the last person you play in Halo 2 is the Dervish? And when you get to the end it shows a cutscene with Master Chief going back to Earth saying, ‘I want to finish this fight,’ and we run end credits?”

He said, “Don’t worry, it’ll work!” I said no, it wouldn’t. People will be throwing their controllers at their TVs. We’re going to make it look like you’re about to be Master Chief going to Earth to finish this fight. And then you want me to climax the music, go to black and run credits? I couldn’t imagine a more horrifying ending.

If you search for “worst endings in the history of video games,” you’ll see Halo 2 right up there. It was like, this is worse than the ending to Back to the Future Part II. I could not believe what we were doing. But we had gotten ourselves into this bind, and there was no way to change it.

JOE STATEN
We had all thought, and hoped, this is going to be like The Empire Strikes Back. That was a cliffhanger, and nobody freaked out when Luke was just on a hospital ship and nothing got resolved at the end. It'll be just like that. Well, no. Empire did a whole bunch of other little cool things that made that okay, which we didn’t do.
>>
>>379116607
thats because the game didnt work for months after it released

it still has issues
>>
>>379121696

I still find it hilarious that Blur made the new CG assets in Bungie's art style like how Certain Affinity did for CE:A's multi-player.

In both cases their work looked better than the Halo 4 shit 343 pulled. Wouldn't even be an issue if their new art were for the shield worlds/newer tech while keeping Bungie's touch for the rings, instead of trying to scrub the latter from the series.
>>
>>379122802
"In that moment, Joe knew he fucked up."
>>
>>379123252
>Blur
343 made the art for Halo 2 Anniversary.
>>
>>379123429
They worked together right?
>>
>>379113246
Halo 5 is also terrible
at least we still have that fan project installation 01
>>
>>379123583
343 made the art, Blur made the CGI.
>>
>>379123429
So they can make stuff look similar to bungie's original trilogy but they just make the new games look like shit on purpose
>>
File: 1446842712196.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1446842712196.gif
3MB, 320x240px
All they had to do was make spin offs of in universe stuff that's unexplored. WHY WAS THAT SO HARD. Leave Chief and Cortana etc. behind. Do more Reach/Wars/ODST. Take us back to the Forerunners, make us play from their perspective. Do more flood shit and let us see how they played out, an infection game done well as you play as a tiny spore up to a Gravemind would fun as dicks. A strategy game where you're playing to defend the forerunners from the flood as best as you can. Etc. Etc. Etc. This way you can create what ever you want, however you want, with who ever you want. And there's no fan backlash because suddenly Chief has dumb abilities and sprint. You could make any genre with any unexplored lore/content, and it'd be better than another fucking Master Chief saves the world game.
>>
>>379123429

I know they made the art for the campaign of both components but if Blur were making the cinematic I would think they'd be handling the creation of all high-def assets NOT used in the game.

For CE:A, Certain Affinity modeled the new multi-player reach maps in Bungee's image using their motifs and I think even some Halo 3 assets. In H2A's case the visual language between the two components was unified, but I'm pretty sure Blur missed the memo then and if you look at the cinematics, looks far closer to Bungie's original work than the in-game equivalents.

It pisses me off because in both cases you get a glimpse at what a proper full remake of both games could have looked like. CE:A especially put me off.
>>
>>379123974
It was likely due to the backlash to the CEA art style that they decided to be more faithful this time around
>>
>>379123974
The want to make Halo "their own". :P
>>
>>379113673
Also stop pandering to shit kids memes. I don't mind if kids play halo but like stop pandering to them. I really admired the grit old halo had back in the day. Now the elites arent even in the game as much anymore. Make halo bring back huge, tough, menacing, and formidable aliens to fight.
>>
>>379124235
*They

>>379124095
Halo ODST and Reach had a massive dive in sales that disappointed Microsoft while Halo 4 sales were higher than both making Microsoft happy, People play Halo for the Chief, Halo is Chief and Chief is Halo to fans. 343 seems to finally get it that mainline needs to be Master Chief, spin offs could be other characters.
>>
File: Female WRPG design.jpg (322KB, 1590x2389px) Image search: [Google]
Female WRPG design.jpg
322KB, 1590x2389px
>>379113246
>You’re the creative director of Halo 6, what do you do?”
Retcon Halo 4 out of existence
>>
>>379124517

This. They put themselves so far in the hole I'd want a do over. Not even acknowledge 4 and 5
>>
File: 1437538232926.png (58KB, 664x793px) Image search: [Google]
1437538232926.png
58KB, 664x793px
>>379113837
This. Fuck Halo 4 and Halo 5.

Keep the boost mechanics and spartan abilities from 5, those are actually cool as fuck.

For the campaign have it be split between you playing a Spartan 3 and Master Chief.

Make Spartan 3 gameplay similar to ODST.

Combine ODST and Reach aesthetic.
>>
>>379124665
>For the campaign have it be split between you playing a Spartan 3 and Master Chief
Not him but if people hated this in Halo 2 and 5, what the fuck makes you think they will like it for a third time. Stop with this nonsense. main series Master Chief, spin off other characters.
>>
File: Warden.jpg (298KB, 2000x1731px) Image search: [Google]
Warden.jpg
298KB, 2000x1731px
343 can make Halo 3 anniversary in LITERALLY the same engine with no new content changes/additions and campaign/multiplayer with just better graphics. People would still bitch due to the 343 name.
>>
Literally all they need to do is add more to the foundation that is Halo 5

It had a shitty senseless story, but the gameplay was actually good and the movement and mobility added a lot to the game, they just need to iron out some flaws here and there, we don't need 8 identical playable characters in the campaign, make it so the confusing plot doesn't jump between two perspectives to make it even more confusing and splitscreen would be nice

I can't complain about multiplayer, I think they nailed it, I just wish explosions had some more power, I want to send warthogs flying again with a grenade
>>
>>379124945
Nobody but dudebros disliked it in 2, people just dislike the campaign levels themselves, not the arbiter
>>
>>379125342
Then why the flying fuck was it removed in Halo 3?, even Marty and Marcus knew it was a bad idea. Locke was hated before his character was even fully revealed because no one wanted another Halo 2 campaign. Stop revisioning history, bitch.
>>
File: 1488185939633.jpg (93KB, 650x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1488185939633.jpg
93KB, 650x1000px
>>379113246
You must first understand what halo was built upon to understand a direction forward.

Halo was originally made as an rts, thats why each side of the war have their own equivalent vehicle and unit.
The enemy a.i. also behave in a rtsish way, halo core idea is to shove you in the middle of rts like battle but from the perspective of a very efficient unit that can perform other units roles on the fly (such as attack jeep, tank, airship, sniper)

Naturally from this standpoint, what halo need is a greater number of variables (more vehicles more enemy types, more ally types and perhaps a new enemy race)
The problem is when they half ass it it starts showing, instead of a new dept to the already diverse gameplay variables they just add nice looking enemies with same standard guns (machinegun shotgun sniper rocketlauncher) but with alien look to it, thats plain lazy and uninspiring and to make it even less good they also dumb down the a.i. to make it even more predictible instead of the contrary.

They gotta re-hire joseph and marty, reuse all previous good assets (weapons vehicles and enemy types) add new ones and make a.i. more unforgiving regardless of what fat american playtesters says... The level of the ai in halo 3 was the peak of the series and even though enemies from halo 4 and 5 were cool, they never felt as dangerous nor battles as massive and unpredictible as in halo 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t0L4tlC2tk
>>
>>379125514
Because at the time, most halo players WERE mostly dudebros who did bitch and moan, but they jumped ship the moment CoD4 came out anyways.

I'm not denying people weren't happy at the time, i'm saying those people were just casual dudebros who plauyed whatever was popular anyways so counting their opinion isn't worth it
>>
>>379113246
It's unwinnable because you'd be choosing between making a good Halo that fans of the trilogy would enjoy or having it be a financial success.
You really can't have both, the classic Halo formula just isn't that appealing to the masses anymore.
>>
>>379125830
It still the same damn fanbase, Halo 5 had a large drop in sales, do you know why? not only because of split screen but because it leaked that in Halo 5 you play as Master Chief for THREE MISSIONS. Even 343 realize this and are now doubling down on Master Chief in Halo 6 and beyond. 343 got backlash at E3 2015 because of the lack of Master Chief in Halo 5.
>>
>>379126210
>It still the same damn fanbase,

It's not, that's fucking why every Halo game after CoD 4 came out sold less and had a higher dropoff in population
>>
>>379126351
Halo 4 sold better than Halo ODST and Reach. Face facts Wars got lucky in selling over a million, ODST and Reach were disappointments in sales, Halo 5 disappointed in sales, Wars 2 bombed, no one gave a shit about those phone games. People buy Halo to play the Master Chief not some sorry ass knock offs, keep revisioing history all you want, the second they drop Chief and Halo will die with it. Chief is Halo the same way Samus is Metroid and Doomguy is Doom and that will never change no matter how many OCs you try to force in there.
>>
>>379113246
If I was creative director of Halo 6 id make an HD Halo3 and then kill everyone on the dev team to end the franchise
>>
>>379125197
Is no one else paying attention to the shillpocalypse that this thread is?

343 go home.
>>
>>379113246
I would turn it into mass effect style FPSRPG where the main character is a generic spartan and promotes through the ranks with an entry test and exam system similar to SeeD from FF8.
I would only borrow the concept of progression and storytelling from RPGs. The gunplay would still be there. Eventually you would get to roll through sorties with a ragtag team of your own recruits
>>
>>379127356
>wah they aren't unconditionally shitting on things they must be shills
>>
>>379125197
They wouldn't do that though they would fuck it up somehow
>>
>>379127629
I like that.

I would make it different, i would make it so cortana is considered a threat to humanity and chief hierarchs declare him a criminal and give him the option of surrendering the a.i. core and getting his cooperation in her crimes forgiven or to die with it.

The game would have a multiple choices but not where the game would halt and give you a text menu to choose, just two action options would be (sometimes) sugested (one pro human other pro cortana and other pro covenant) and your choice of actions would decide what side you take, if you choose to go against cortana you would engage an army freshly awaken spartans each claiming to be john 117 including elites, if you choose to help cortana you would go around killing odd looking covenant who were actually humans but cortana used robot magic to censor human looking targets to covenant looking targes so you can kill them without regret while thinking you are ending the war when the actual war against covenant was over years before you woke up in halo 4
>>
>>379127356
Maybe its a false alarm this time, i mean i replied because i like halo, the last one i played was halo 3 and never bothered after.

Its not like they are console sellers anymore, theres no point in shilling this dead franchise, i feel like even if they made halo on pc, if its exclusive to microsoft shitty store i would still not buy it.
>>
File: Red Team HW2.png (1MB, 1450x815px) Image search: [Google]
Red Team HW2.png
1MB, 1450x815px
>>379115483
Needs some Red Team from wars in there. HW2 story is supposed to be a direct bridge to H6, after they shit out the story DLC that is...
>>
>that feeling where people on this thread don't know that the OP just copied and pasted a question
Jaime Griesemer: "I felt like Halo 4 was pale imitation of previous Halos. With Halo 5, at least it’s something new. But man, I wouldn’t know what to do with the series now. If you said to me, “You’re the creative director of Halo 6, what do you do?” I would have no idea. You can’t win. It’s an unwinnable situation."

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/the-complete-untold-history-of-halo-an-oral-history
>>
>>379129696
Why would I read Vice?
>>
>>379117298
I partially blame the TERRIBLE map design for warzone. 80% of the maps are just the same fucking design.

>spawn point in corner/end of map
>1st base right infront of main spawn
>enemy team can just butt-rush it and cap within 2 mins of start
>now you get spawn camped until match is over.
>>
>>379127629
Add free armor customization and I'm in. Fuck, add team member customization and I'll even dare pre-order your game.
>>
File: wrong1fc2.png (227KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
wrong1fc2.png
227KB, 500x400px
>>379116421
>Except Halo 2 and 3 aren't perfect
>>
>>379130684
Halo 2 is my second favorite game of all time. It's really fucking good but it's got issues, Halo 3 even moreso
>>
>>379129775
Because maybe you'll learn something.

>>379129529
Not him but I heavily doubt they'll play a part in Halo 6. Halo 6 will most likely focus on the storyline that got cut in Halo 5. Master Chief family relationship with Blue Team, Chief and Blue Team's relationship with their mom figure Halsey, along with Halsey most likely sacrificing herself to stop Cortana. This is what 343 meant by a more human and realistic and compelling storyline over Halo 5's. The only character I see showing up in Halo 6 is Anders.
>>
Go home Microsoft, you're drunk again.
>>
>>379113673
The halo 3 campaign was hot garbage
>>
>>379130684
>Halo 2 and 3 were perfect
I want this shitty meme to end. Overpowered precision weapons and immortal vehicles were a mistake.
>>
File: H2A remnant.jpg (38KB, 542x305px) Image search: [Google]
H2A remnant.jpg
38KB, 542x305px
I'm still forever pissed H2A didn't get a separate release as its own standalone game. H2A multiplayer was just a modded H4 and played and looked better than anything 343 created.

All they fucking had to do to was create a standalone with matchmaking, customs, forge, and theater. But I guess you can't have a remake blowing away your OC shit.

Fuck they even managed to make 343's armor design look somewhat decent by giving them all mandatory black undersuits.
>>
>>379130907
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP_10bDxaVo
>>
>>379130947
that sounds like Halo 5
>>
File: 1488053333610.jpg (323KB, 1389x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1488053333610.jpg
323KB, 1389x1000px
>>379130819
I can see the Banished and Spirit of Fire crew making an appearance in 6 considering the Ark's importance.

>you will never get to cleanse the covvie filth as a Hellbringer in first person
>>
>>379130907
Not him, you're hot garbage
>>
File: Halo_5818e24047308-728x300.png (390KB, 728x300px) Image search: [Google]
Halo_5818e24047308-728x300.png
390KB, 728x300px
Rank'em

H3>ODST>H2>H1>H4>Reach
never played 5
>>
>>379131221
They won't and the Ark won't be in the game either. Remember no new characters, want to double down on the focus of Chief, and simple story (meaning not forcing people to read books or play spin offs that bombed to under stand the story). 343 understood that Halo 5 had too many characters so in Halo 6 this will be cut down, sorry to burst your bubbles m8.
>>
>>379115483

Gotta be honest, I like your list but the:

>bring back Marty

Is probably the most important one. Halo just isn't Halo without his music.
>>
>>379131379
Halo 3 > Halo 1 > Halo 2 > Halo 5 > Halo 4
>>
>>379131379
Gameplay wise?
Reach>ODST>3>2~CE~4
Never played 5.

Armor lock was fucking trash though.
>>
>>379131003
>H2A multiplayer was just a modded H4

No, it's not, why do people keep repeating this meme

>>379131162
>implying

H5 has the most viable automatic weapons in the franchise. OP precision weapons relative to the magnum, maybe.

>>379131562
>>379131510
>>379131379
Anybody who only ranks the halo game along a single scale is a retard

>SP
2>ODST>Reach>3>CE>4=5
>Core MP
2A>5=2>CE>3=Reach>>4
>Customs/forge/etc
5>2A=Reach>4=3>2>CE
>>
>>379131427

>343 understood that..

Not who you're replying to, but that doesn't compute. I don't think this statement is true, otherwise we wouldn't have gotten the mess of Halo 5 after they cocked it up with Halo 4.

I will hold out a small sliver of hope though that it is true, and that they can improve themselves.
>>
>>379131427
>Remember no new characters
>343 understood that Halo 5 had too many characters

Yeah, brand new characters they created just for H5. The HW characters have been around since 2009, same with Buck and the rest of ODST. I can't see them creating another game with old characters just to axe it's plotline completely.
>>
>>379131760
You're a retard, now fuck off.
>>
>>379113246
>“You’re the creative director of Halo 6, what do you do?”
Drop the series' direction and release MCC for PC with NONE of the physics or gameplay changed whatsoever in how they were originally and make it 100% mod compatible similar to Halo Custom Edition.
>>
>>379131859
They understood that after the abomination that was Halo 5's single player.

>>379131897
What part of simple storyline about the Master Chief do you not understand?
>>
>>379131379
>ODST """gameplay""" that high
ODST didn't even have a proper multiplayer, you retard. It was a neat little game and that's it.
>>
>>379132103
This
>>
>>379132103
>>379132170
Not him, but so?

Judge games based on what they are, not what they aren't.
>>
>>379116421
In regards to the Halo 3 remark that is would be a rehash I can understand. However that's all anyone votes for in the MCC. It's 10 years old. There's no other shooters out there like Halo 3. It would be pre$h ass fuck
>>
>>379132270
Yeah you're right, ODST ain't good.
>>
>>379132330
>better missions then 3, and CE
>best music and atmosphere in the franchise
>has the same core gameplay 3
>has the same multiplayer and forge as 3

>not good
>>
>>379113578
>just make rehashes

Do you even like video games?
>>
>>379132532
>>has the same multiplayer and forge as 3
That's not good, though.
>>
>>379132103
Playing Firefight with friends in ODST is one of the best multiplayer experiences I have from a Halo game.
>>
>>379132532
>better missions then 3, and CE
Subjective
>best music and atmosphere in the franchise
Who cares
>has the same core gameplay 3
Slower, lower jump height, grenade throwing is fucked, still have shields,can't duel wield, can't use equipment
>has the same multiplayer and forge as 3
One is worth $60 the other isn't

>not good
No it's not
>>
>>379132270
What does that even mean? ODST had the least to offer in terms of gameplay, all it had was a couple hour long campaign with a nice atmosphere and good voice-acting. The gameplay itself wasn't anything special, either. The whole "You're playing as a human now, so you're weaker" gimmick was completely thrown out the window the moment you realize you've still got OP shields and meleeing enemies with your hands still does massive damage.
So what you get in the end is a repackaged H3 with 80% of the content stripped.
Honestly - the only reason why it's remembered fondly is because it had a novel tone, that's it.
>>
>>379132083
Having it be about the Chief doesn't mean the SoF can't make an appearance to help in a battle or something.

At the end of H5 we see a dormant ring being reactivated, and at the end of HW2 the ring with Anders gets pulled out of slip-space by a Guardian. If cortana want's to control the rings she's sure as shit going to want to control the only place that manufactures and controls them all.
>>
>>379124516
>People play Halo for the Chief, Halo is Chief and Chief is Halo to fans

And they still shoved a fucking dull nigger as a MC in H5
>>
>>379132750
>One is worth $60 the other isn't
What I mean is one is worth getting for $60 the other isn't.
>>
>>379132719
I agree but then Reach came out and made Firefight ten times better.
>>
>>379132889
You mean ten times worse?
>>
>>379132812
And look what happened to Halo 5's sales.

>>379132793
Too many characters to put in a FPS, Bonnie acknowledge how hard it is to tell a massive story in a FPS at the Dice Summit this year, the only way the SOF and its crew could work if this was a novel or Mass Effect but Halo 6 is a FPS game.
>>
File: Scott wants some fucking pussy.png (331KB, 968x758px) Image search: [Google]
Scott wants some fucking pussy.png
331KB, 968x758px
Is there any Halo villain better than Scott Loveheart?
>>
>>379132830
>>379132750
Quality of a game =/= is it worth it's price

If I buy ODST used for 5$, it doesn't magically become a better game just because I got it for less, because it's still the same game.
>>
>>379132889
Nah it made it worse
>>
>>379133148
But even at $5 it's still not a good game.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170401-005838.jpg (989KB, 1440x2056px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170401-005838.jpg
989KB, 1440x2056px
Just make some free to play version of halo 2/3 with some skin garbage and rake in money
>>
>>379132987
>>379133162
Name one thing it didn't improve upon, let alone made worse.
>>
>>379132768
This is why people love that game. Personally I like Firefight more than the standard versus modes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBHknfChRqw
>>
Halo 5 style multiplayer but remove smart scope for the automatics, give them an alt fire instead which changes up how the gun works.
Add a "classic mp" playlist consisting of something that has a lot of a mode which is mixed game types and a btb classic. There would be no Sprint or other armor abilities here, and players would move at a speed half way between default and sprint.
That's it for mp, Halo 5 has an almost perfect mp.

For so
Chief. 100% of the time except maybe one mission as Arbiter and one or two missions as Arbiter.
No 4 person team it takes too much effort to flesh everyone out and they weren't up to the task. Instead do a 2 person team at all times with Chief and Fred / Arbiter / Locke and Arbiter with Locke.
Bring back the flood but don't make them a major enemy for more than 2 missions.
Kill off a few human colonies with a halo ring (on the outskirts of the galaxy so it only hits a few human colonies barely in its range) to add a sense of imminent danger.
Have the didect turn the Prometheans back into mind controlled forerunners so that they feel more like covenant enemies and less generic robots
All but legendary end with Cortana saved and the threat stopped. Legendary sees a massive swarm of flood coming to invade the galaxy which will lead into the final chief Halo game (as in, the furthest in the timeline Chief goes, any further games will be someone else because they'd be way further in the further in the future).
Fucking pay Marty what he wants to do the ost
>>
>>379133368
The weapon crates were infinite, and most of the maps weren't well-suited to holdouts. Not to mention Reach's shitty AI and how all of the enemies became bullet sponges to compensate.
>>
>>379133256
Maybe if you have shit taste

>>379133368
It went from being tense to being arcadey, and the frormer was a lot more fun. Reach's firefight is still good, and is a lot more modular, but it's not as good

>>379133403
>Halo 5 style multiplayer but remove smart scope for the automatics, give them an alt fire instead which changes up how the gun works.
Please no, automatics actually being able to hit shit past 5 feet is great
>>
>>379133503
It's not great. They're pretty OP in 5. Just keep the Sentinel Beam if you want an auto that can hit further away.
>>
>>379133368
I like the character classes on Reach firefight and the weapons in that game are better for the most part, but the maps are much worse and the fact that they give you unlimited ammo is kinda lame.
>>
>>379133368
It turned Firefight into an arcade.

>>379133503
>Maybe if you have shit taste
It's shit
>>
>>379133503
>Please no, automatics actually being able to hit shit past 5 feet is great
Automatics should be close range weapons, and they should almost always beat precision at close range. The AR would work wonders with something like a 2 second flash grenade bullet alt fire which drains their view distance temporarily, letting you close down the space or letting you make a quick escape
>>
File: ih_cqb multiplayer helmet b.jpg (146KB, 1600x1039px) Image search: [Google]
ih_cqb multiplayer helmet b.jpg
146KB, 1600x1039px
CQB is literally fucking perfect

Discuss
>>
>>379133864
That would be retarded.
>>
>>379133880
Impossible since mark IV is perfection
>>
>>379133947
It would be tactical, especially if it cost 16 ar rounds which barely gives you enough to kill one person
>>
>>379134054
2 seconds is a ridiculous amount of time to remove someone's vision. It's unnecessary for a weapon as vanilla as the AR.
>>
How could Halo 5 be worse than Halo 4? Halo 4 had a goddamn QTE ending.

I meanthe lack of splitscreen is bullshit but it couldn't have been worse than 4.
>>
>>379134107
Not remove someone's vision, lower their view distance.
And maybe just until shot to prevent the user weapon switching
>>
>>379134231
Still sounds unnecessary. Just make the AR a bullet hose.
>>
>>379134212
It wasn't. The sp had a poorly written story and a bad boss that popped up a few times but the mp was incredible
6 will have basically the same mp but on PC as well so /v/ will love it
>>
>>379131379
what the fuck is with the hating reach meme. your seriously gonna say that 4 is better then reach?
>>
>>379134320
The ar has decently good damage values that could be slightly increased (11 round kill instead of 12) and accuracy reduced. Plus the alt fire would make it a great close range weapon.

Headshots in the beta were a mistake, but it was the first real time the AR trumped precision weapons in close range. Current Halo 5 it's almost there to perfection but a perfect kill with the pistol and BR still beat a perfect (no shots missed) kill with the AR which they shouldn't
>>
>>379133880
>copying Metroid
very original
>>
>>379134616
Halo 4/2A's AR beat out all of the precision weapons if you were able to land shots with it.
>>
>>379134212
Halo 5 is better than Halo 4, but Halo 4 had a better single player.

>>379134357
I surprisingly can't wait for Halo 6, Master Chief campaign, split screen is back, and Halo 5's mp. I have more hope then I ever did for Halo 5.

>>379134578
Not him, Reach was shit.
>>
>>379134668
>T shaped visors were invented by Metroid
I guess ancient Greeks were big fans.
>>
>>379133581
They aren't OP, the precision weapons are still better weapons in all but close-medium range.

The AR is too easy to use when spraying but that's about it
>>
>>379134668
God I love Super Metoid's art.
>>
>>379134864
can you legit give a reason why it's shit other than just saying "IT'S SHIT"
>>
>>379134869
greeks always had good taste
>>
>>379134906
They're OP because they provide little counterplay. It's near impossible to miss with one.
>>
Release Reach on PC.

Here I saved Microsoft AND Halo.
>>
>>379133880
odst helmet is better
>>
Friendly reminder that the Battle Rifle was objectively the worst thing to happen to Halo

>make a game based on arena shooters
>two core principles of arena shooters are map/weapon spawn control and weapon meets situation
>give players a weapon that is suitable if not the best in every single situation whatsoever

Instantly kills the need to control the map because the Battle Rifle can be used effectively at close, mid and long range. Has access to a one shot combo that is absurdly easy to pull off and can be executed at range, with spawning equipment in some (most) game modes

The Battle Rifle/DMR is and always will be cancer.
>>
>>379135003
Bungie clearly didn't want to make a Halo game when they made it, they even stated that fact in that recent interview, gameplay was a mess, story felt off, trying to follow the gritty brown color of modern shooters at the time, and the fact that Bungie as a whole didn't even work on the game as they did Halo 1-3. The Reach team wanted to hurry up and finish the game so they could move on to Destiny.
>>
>>379135136
>Halo is on PC
>Xbox sales plummet to the ground
They're not going to give up their biggest exclusive. Especially when Windows Store is such a failure and they'd be forced to put it on Steam.
>>
>>379135257
This
>>
File: Odst_bdu_helmet.png (818KB, 1600x1020px) Image search: [Google]
Odst_bdu_helmet.png
818KB, 1600x1020px
>>379135180
>>
>>379135010
>removed powerups from maps in favor of loadouts
>broke player traits that have been more or less consistent between every previous halo game to make the new abilities seem more worthwhile
>reticle bloom not functioning properly and just makes gun battles random, on top of not making any sense on the DMR
>the weapon balance is dogshit, and there's only like 6 weapons to ever consider picking up
>maps were bad
>motion blur
>the game could barely handle 30fps
>overshield was broken
>sword block
>no damage bleedthrough, shields always protected you for the full amount even if you had 1HP of shield left
>armor lock
The only good thing to come out of the game was the Megalo scripting engine they wrote for multiplayer to script new gametypes and make small patches without the need of a full update. Unfortunately, Megalo was underutilized in Reach and didn't really reach any potential at all until H4 when modders cracked it.
>>
>>379135257
Who gives a fuck? This will only force Microcuck's execs to pull themselves by the bootstraps and start making new game franchises.
>>
>>379115831
>studio goes from making some of the best games of all time, and then willingly abandons them to make the abortion that is destiny
is Bungie fucking retarded?
>>
>>379135016
I'm not sure I agree, but I also wouldn't mind making it so missing with them has more consequences.

If you ask me, the AR should be retuned to just act like a precision weapon that happens to be automatic. Essentially make full auto fire worthless past point blank range and reward accurate short bursts with it out to medium range, so missing matters and to give it more of a skillgap.

The SMG and Storm rifle should be retuned to be similar but still obviously should be somewhat suited to spraying due to what they are.

>>379135192
I agree. Based on how halo plays, you need a utility weapon that in skilled hands is capable of beating pickups, but the BR is too versatile and too good even in unskilled hands in every game it's in.

The only precision weapons that ever actually took enough skill to justify it's own versatility was the CE and 5 magnum, and even then the CE magnum was bordering on being too widely the best weapon to use

>>379135407
Bloom was still better then 3's horseshit inherent spread on everything
>>
>>379135430
>Who gives a fuck?
Probably the people making money off of Xbox sales, ie Microsoft.
>>
>>379135475
>Bloom was still better then 3's horseshit inherent spread on everything
Both systems are bad. Settling for one over the other is still settling for shit.
>>
File: Q8VC2i3.jpg (583KB, 2433x3554px) Image search: [Google]
Q8VC2i3.jpg
583KB, 2433x3554px
>>379129529
Lets be honest, the only reason people want to see Jerome/red team in a mainline game is so glorious 30+ years out of date MK IV can beat the shit out of nu-halo.
>>
>>379135580
I agree that settling for either is shit, but if I had to pick, i'd go with reach's system, since at least bloom was a good thing to autos wheras 3's spread was ridiclious not only for the BR but also for the AR: it's fucking firing radius is like 4x the size of it's reticule
>>
>>379135520
If they released Halo, from the start, on PC, Halo would be a bigger fps than CoD and Battlefield. They would have made way more money, enough to trample the losses due to piracy.

But no, Microcuck execs are pussies so now Halo is a 3rd rate fps on a failing console.
>>
>>379135407
This
>>
>>379135696
Halo would never have been bigger than either of those games. The only reason the majority of people cared was because they had an FPS they could play with friends over.
>>
>>379135407
Why do people always act like no bleedthrough is a bad thing when it punished melee spammers
>>
>>379135696
>If they released Halo, from the start, on PC
They did, though. Halo: CE was a PC game.
>>
>>379135437
Yes, yes they are. The key members that made Halo 1-3 saw what was coming and left before Bungie went to complete shit.
>>
>>379135475
5's pistol is literally perfect for what it needs to be.
DMR is easy enough to deal with, but I don't know how you'd manage to kill the BR now though.
>>
>>379135801
Because it did the exact opposite. In Reach, all you had to do was run up and punch the guy before he broke your shields and you'd be on even ground without having to put in any effort at all. I prefer if my attacks do a reliable amount of damage. My rifle shouldn't deal 1HP of damage just because the guy has a pixel of shields left.
>>
>remove literally all story added after reach
>smg/ar start in ALL modes.
>precision weapons are a MAP SPAWN
>get rid of all system mechanics added after 3 except maybe sprint (boosts are gay)
>absolutely no more forge world maps in Multiplayer - it got so old to look at
>scale back the over detailed shiny art style that 343 has been pushing with unnecessary lines and shapes on everything
>drop meme game modes like Invasion/War zone and focus on the core Halo experiences.
>BTB/Team Objective/Team Slayer/Lone wolves
>More asymmetrical CTF maps like High Ground
>Assasinations can stay I guess but they're strictly about showing off - entirely cancelable by the assasain and provide no bonuses whatsoever
>Deployable items from 3 return but Power Drain now only works on vehicles or deployed shields so it's not just a Throw and Headshot device
>Get Marty back to make music even if you have to suck his dick
>>
>>379135884
2 years later.

>>379135995
>>smg/ar start in ALL modes.
Garbage game right from the start. The rest of your post is worthless.
>>
>>379135995
>drop meme game modes like Invasion/War zone and focus on the core Halo experiences.

Except invasion and warzone are both fucking great
>>
>>379135437
>We don't want to be tied to a publisher making the same game forever
>Our first act as a studio without a publisher will be to sign a contract with a publisher to make the same game forever

New bungie is fucking retarded.
>>
>>379133880
>not EVA
how dare you
>>
>>379136082
BR crutch shitter detected - what's the matter, can't play without your L2 R2 I win combo on a weapon that is also good at every range and has no weaknesses?
>>
>>379135995
>remove all story after Reach
>not after Halo 3
Killed your game right there.
>>
>>379136268
>AR fag calling anyone else a shitter
I prefer to play games where I actually spawn with a gun. Games where you don't start with a headshot weapons always play out the same way: whoever gets the headshot weapons first get free kills against people who can't fight back. Games end in a landslide and might as well end after the first kill.
>>
File: 1455755715803.jpg (342KB, 827x1103px) Image search: [Google]
1455755715803.jpg
342KB, 827x1103px
>>379136208
>muh goldfish bowl
>muh edgy skull kukri nigger
>>
>>379136442
So then make the AR not useless and actually make it a jack of all trades gun like it's supposed to be
>>
>>379136268
He's not necessarily wrong. I don't like the BR being the go to for everything either but everyone spawning with it means nobody can singularly dominate with it.
Worst case scenario for exclusive AR starts with precision weapons on map is that one team or one player manages to control them and can't be touched by the other players.
This is why pistol + AR solved this problem years ago
>>
>>379136482
When was it ever meant to be a jack of all trades gun? And if you do that, then it will become the best gun in the game and then you'll cry about everyone(read: good players) wanting it as the spawn weapon.
>>
>>379136623
Pistol/AR is only good in Halo 1 & 5. The pistols were all either dogshit or too specialized in the other games.
>>
>>379136442
But you do, in fact two! Except you actually have to choose when one is better than the other, precision or dps, and adapt to different ranges! It's this thing callled 'skill' - something BR shitters don't like because they can't make decisions they just want one gun that does everything , and all the work for them!

>>379136296
Reach had some good moments IMO particularly the stuff about the AI councils

>>379136623
>worst case scenario is that map control happens, a core part of the genre the game is derived from and creates an area to fight around

But yeah having everyone ping at each other across the entire map until they get within 50 metres and then L2 - R2 combo each other is much better gameplay...
>>
>>379136841
Spraying at someone with an automatic weapon that doesn't require you to actually hit any specific hitboxes doesn't require any more skill than hitting someone with a semi-auto weapon.
>>
>>379136841
>But yeah having everyone ping at each other across the entire map until they get within 50 metres and then L2 - R2 combo each other is much better gameplay...
It is better than having every game end 50-5 because one team wasn't fortunate enough to get a gun. Or holding RT and hitting B when they get close enough.
>>
>>379136841
>Reach had some good moments IMO particularly the stuff about the AI councils
Reach sucked even in the story department.
>>
The Mantis mech was cool, having dmr and br is cool, but having sprint ruins the balance between vechicles and the classic slow paced flow of gameplay from halo 1-3
>>
5 > 3 > CE > 2 > the time I got molested in a gay manshack > Reach
>>
>>379136841
Mate, the BR gets used so much because it is good at everything.
The AR is decent at punching range.
I don't care how good you are, you are not scratching the guy and his BR on the hill from the bottom with your AR.
>>
>>379136965
>343 actually adds locational damage to the AR in the beta and accurate bursts get rewarded
>people bitch and moan and it gets removed

People don't actually want the automatics to be reward skill, they don't care about skill at all, they just want to their precision weapons to be good so they can feel like they are skilled.
>>
>>379137374
Locational damage is still there, but it's more consistent with the way every headshot-capable weapon in the series functioned, by only dealing headshots when shields are down.
>>
>>379137464
Right but for the purposes of adding a skillgap that means fucking nothing, because for the entire time shields is up you have zero incentize to be accurate as long as your shots hit and for the 3 shots it takes for headshots when shields are down they are asy as fuck to land just by accident

The only way to do it right is breaking conventions and having locational damage when sheilds is up. I personally don't see the big deal, since having locational damage in MP that's not 1 shot kills is breaking conventions itself anyways
>>
>>379137610
Halo 1's Plasma Rifle and Reach's Focus Rifle had bonus headshot damage. It's not exactly a new concept for the series, just not something many people notice. The way 5's AR works now would be fine if the weapons around it weren't so weak in comparison.
>>
>>379136965
That's why you fight over weapon spawns - the starter weapons shouldn't be strong to encourage this

>>379137037
Power weapons have ammo for a start. Also that didn't happen in Halo 2 either so I don't see the issue. Either you fight over control of power weapons and if you win you are rewarded for your efforts (proactive gameplay) or you are simply handed power weapons from the start and have a mindless death match because there is now mmo reason to control the map - removing a layer of strategy

>>379137249
That exactly my point - the BR is too good at literally everything and as such should be treated as a power weapon. Even at point blank range it shits on the AR due to L2-R2 and it's ability to damage outside the effective range of the AR means fights would basically never be initiated at equal health
>>
>>379138132
>That's why you fight over weapon spawns
You can't really fight over them when the BR is holding you back at arm's length while you fruitlessly swing at him.
>the starter weapons shouldn't be strong to encourage this
Why not? This is how it's been in every Halo game.
>Also that didn't happen in Halo 2 either so I don't see the issue
SMG starts were the one thing Bungie actually admitted they fucked up on.
>because there is now mmo reason to control the map
I knew AR fags were retarded, but thanks for giving me even more confirmation. Do you honestly believe that there isn't any reason to control key points of the map when people spawn with a gun that can actually hurt people?
>>
>>379138132
And if the weapon you are fighting over is a straight, drastic upgrade over the one you spawn with, how are the have nots supposed to fight the haves? Power weapons get away with it because the have specific uses and limited ammo.
Are you suggesting BRs be littered around the map with a single mag and excessive respawn times? This isn't a problem that can just be fixed by changing one thing. You'd have to rework basically the entire sandbox.
>>
2>3>1>5>>>4
>>
>>379138526
Not having players need to pick up straight upgrades is a very important part of Halo's gameplay, and part of why 5 fails. It's necessary if you're going to have only 2 weapons per player.
>>
>>379138519
SMG starts and BR starts in 2 were both eqaully shit

in SMG starts, you can't fucking engage with people in your sightlines that are reasonably close and it leads to one team getting all the preciwoion weapons and curbstomping

with BR starts, nobody fucking uses anything but the BRs and snipers/rockets
>>
>>379138519
>that's how it's been in every Halo game
Oh so you never played Halo 2 then I suppose? Where you started with SMG?

>>379138526
So basically, by your description you're straight up admitting that the BR is overpowered to the point of completely outclassing every power weapon in the game - since you're saying that any other starter weapon couldn't HOPE to contend with it - but also pointing out that power weapons are balanced by having limited ammo but the BR doesn't have that problem?
Good to know
>>
>>379138816
Holy fuck anon.
>>
>>379138778
>with BR starts, nobody fucking uses anything but the BRs and snipers/rockets
Protip: nobody ever used anything but the BR or power weapons even in SMG starts. You just made your way to one of those guns as soon as you spawned because the gun you had and anything but the BR/power weapons was equally dogshit.
>>
>>379138816
Halo 2 had BR starts in matchmaking because Bungie realized SMG starts were a dumb idea, albeit for all of the wrong reasons.
>>
>>379138778
SMG/AR starts have always been shit, if the other team had power weapons or any precision weapons you were fucked
>>
>>379139342
I know, I said this in the exact post you replied to, I'm just saying BR starts aren't really any better and are shit in their own way

Pistol/AR starts with a accurate and powerful pistol and an AR that can engage at good distances is the only good starting weapon combo
>>
>>379140128
How is that any different than BR starts? People don't really care what weapon they spawn with, as long as it allows them to adequately defend themselves off spawn.
>>
>>379140242
Because the AR still has drawbacks with distance and the BR is punished less by missed shots then the pistol
>>
>>379140242
Because some people don't like the idea of one weapon that does everything. With a pistol AR start, you need to use both effectively to get the most out of the combo. BR is point and shoot.
>>
>>379140486
A strong, accurate pistol is going to be used the majority of the time, though.
>>
File: muddycommission.png (3MB, 2048x1102px) Image search: [Google]
muddycommission.png
3MB, 2048x1102px
I want to fuck an elite.
>>
>>379140536
Which is why we've never had CE's pistol ever again.
Yes, save 5, where it is a power weapon.
>>
>>379140758
We essentially did with every other precision weapon, but every weapon was about half as powerful in the other games.
>>
>>379140563
You would, you slut.

Me too.
>>
>>379140849
And so we (again) loop back around to the core issue that if someone was going to go about changing the dominance of the BR/DMR what have you, they would need to rework the entire sandbox.
>>
>>379141032
They would need to rework everything about Halo. A single dominant weapon is necessary for a game where you can only hold 2 weapons.
>>
>>379115483
youre hired
>>
File: 4L_utYDdtkv.jpg (63KB, 904x904px) Image search: [Google]
4L_utYDdtkv.jpg
63KB, 904x904px
>>379131379
>4>Reach
>game that does everything Reach did wrong but puts it on steroids ranks higher
>>
Gimme Marine and ODST NPCs back.
>>
File: H5G_Render_EliteMinor.png (1MB, 1344x1022px) Image search: [Google]
H5G_Render_EliteMinor.png
1MB, 1344x1022px
>>379113246
They should have just kept using brutes instead of making elites the new brutes
>>
>>379141124
>A single dominant weapon is necessary for a game where you can only hold 2 weapons

Why even have the ability to carry two weapons then.
A better system would be to design weapons that cover for eachother's shortcomings, thus requiring you to make the best use of your two weapon limit in whatever situation you're going to find yourself if.
>>
>>379141283
Poor Unggoy.
>>
MARTY O’DONNELL
The plan for the expansion pack was to put it out cheaply in the spring of 2009, as we’d finished it the winter before, and to under-promise but over-deliver. People would think, wow, for a $30 expansion pack, this is almost as good as a full-fledged release. We had Halo 3 in the title so everybody knew it was an expansion pack, and for an entire year of talking about it to the press we’d say, “Yeah, this is a campaign expansion,” and tell them to expect some extra fun in the Halo 3 engine.

JOE STATEN
But the Microsoft Xbox leadership looked at what we had and said, “Hey, this is bigger than DLC, and we want to charge $60 for it.”

MARTY O’DONNELL
They looked at their 2009 Christmas release schedule for the Xbox and they came back and told us it had to be our major Halo release for the 2009 Christmas season. We were on our knees, begging them not to do that. Now we were over-promising, with the threat of under-delivering. It was the opposite of what we wanted. It’d be a gem at $30. But as a major release, it was going to get dinged. And it was.
>>
Also fix the fucking art direction...
>>
>>379141376
They should use halo 2 anniversary's art direction and stop making ugly spartan armor and let us play as elites again
>>
File: 4L_pGawLxnk.png (763KB, 812x1015px) Image search: [Google]
4L_pGawLxnk.png
763KB, 812x1015px
>>379141376
Make me
>>
>>379136296
ODST was that bad?
>>
>>379141496
why the fuck did we stop getting playable elites in the first place?
did the normalfags bitch about playable non-human characters being unrelatable again?
>>
>>379141595
Maybe if you have shit taste. ODST was a fun game. I got it brand new for $20. Worth it
>>
File: 1414714848566.jpg (29KB, 199x399px) Image search: [Google]
1414714848566.jpg
29KB, 199x399px
>>379141503
>Somebody drew up concepts for this
>Somebody settled on a final design for this
>Somebody signed off on this
>Somebody modeled this
>Somebody put this into the game
>And they did it twice
>>
File: vienblush.png (66KB, 356x315px) Image search: [Google]
vienblush.png
66KB, 356x315px
>>379140941
That's wrong.
>>
>>379141656
Pros got pissy that elites had different models from spartans and claimed it gave them an advantage.
Reach did it best. Let elites do their own thing but restrict them to specific game modes and custom games.
>>
>>379141656
I think it's because they made the elites larger and if they're lager they'll just be a bigger target in multiplayer
>>
File: 1440645623805.png (326KB, 445x449px) Image search: [Google]
1440645623805.png
326KB, 445x449px
>>379113246
>If you said to me, “You’re the creative director of Halo 6, what do you do?”
1. Retcon everything after Halo 4.
2. Re-Release Halo 3 and 2 in a bundle system onto PC.
3. Release modding/map creating tools for PC.
4. Stop making Halo games.
Is it really that hard for 343? You'll get praise and money.
>>
File: 1472883554697.gif (2MB, 245x246px) Image search: [Google]
1472883554697.gif
2MB, 245x246px
>>379115483
>Just to spite 343i, have Locke and those other 2 retards be executed off camera in a book that is only available through a downloadable .pdf from Halo Waypoint
Damn that's cruel
>>
>>379113246

I'd say it should play like Halo 3 and look like Halo 2 anniversary.
>>
File: Gruntsplosion_by_devillo.jpg (549KB, 800x1131px) Image search: [Google]
Gruntsplosion_by_devillo.jpg
549KB, 800x1131px
>>379141840
>Reach did it best. Let elites do their own thing but restrict them to specific game modes and custom games.
Eh, I'd rather in multiplayer they stand up straighter, but make them a bit shorter, so that they more closely match the size and shape of Spartans and give them the same abilities. And if it's not good enough for some people, just make them usable in all places but ranked.
>>
>>379141840
>>379141848
Did elites originally have pros/cons with the gameplay, like larger hitboxes or something?
>>
File: zealot.png (1MB, 900x1020px) Image search: [Google]
zealot.png
1MB, 900x1020px
>>379142034
Reach Sangheili were around their shortest height back in Reach.
>>
>>379142039
No, it was more that they looked like elites but still had a spartan shaped hitbox. A non issue if you're just playing casually but apparently enough of an issue to whine about if you were playing seriously.
>>
>>379142259
Elites were huge in reach. 2 and 3 they were scrunched down to spartan sized.
>>
File: viennarumeem.png (2MB, 1521x906px) Image search: [Google]
viennarumeem.png
2MB, 1521x906px
>>379142424
>Elites were huge in reach
Spartan IIIs are nearly not as tall. The Reach elites were around 7'4".
>>
>>379142424
The point behind it was that Reach is their first Covenant contact on such a scale that would be well known to the Public. So they wanted the Covenant to all around monstrous. Thats why everyone one of them had a more animalistic redesign.

And of course here comes 343i, acting like that's how it's always been. And since they couldn't be fucked to keep Brutes around they figured that Big = Dumb and ruined the Elites.
>>
>>379142039
They were much easier to headshot in H2.
>>
Tactical Spartans are a must!
>>
>>379141595
Yes, it was
>>
File: 01CombatRightShot(1).jpg (96KB, 768x758px) Image search: [Google]
01CombatRightShot(1).jpg
96KB, 768x758px
>>379142698
Gameplay-wise they're huge as fuck compared to spartan players.
And, like I said, 2 and 3's elites are clearly hunched over to keep them more or less level with spartans. If they stood up proper they'd be a head or so taller.
>>
>>379142424
When Elites stand up straight in Halo 2 and 3, they're taller than Spartans.
Thread posts: 275
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.