[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think it would be possible to bring back adrian shephard?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Half-Life_Opposing_Force_box.jpg (161KB, 300x361px) Image search: [Google]
Half-Life_Opposing_Force_box.jpg
161KB, 300x361px
Do you think it would be possible to bring back adrian shephard? The destruction of black mesa was confirmed to be canon in half-life 2: episode 2, so opposing force definitely still happened despite being made by gearbox rather than valve.
>>
>>379111364
I'm pretty sure gearbox has a stake in all of that deal, and you don't want them anywhere near Half-Life.
>>
Maybe that way Valve would be able to live up the Half Life 3 expectations.
But deep down you know HL3 is never going to come out.
>>
>>379111364
>opposing force definitely still happened
Black Mesa was destroyed at the end of half life 1 as well. Opposing force was confirmed non-canon by valve. It doesn't matter any way though, since valve doesn't make games anymore.
>>
Gabe is too busy replying to redditor emails for good PR. He doesn't give two shits about making/funding games anymore; steam itself brings in more than enough money with zero risk.
>>
>>379111571
The expansion games are considered canon unless contradicted by any of the main games.
>>
>>379111364
>opfor is noncanon except for the destruction of black mesa
>valve doesn't want to make games
>gearbox is gearbox
Adrian is fucked
>>
>>379111470
What if they got the rights to Half-Life 3/Episode 3

>Well hey heeeeeeeeeeeey Gordon, it's me again, your old friend Barney. And I'm not talking the purple dinosaur, neitha if you know what I mean. Nothing? Not a peep? Straight to buss-in-ness, huh? Well alright, looky hear. We got a problem, and I mean HUUUUGE problem with the Combine coming down on us HARD. So I was thinking. Maybe you should -combine- their skulls with some high velocity, high VIOLENCE munitions. What do you think about that? No? Still nothing? Well I'll just leave you to it then. And remember, it's not Black Me-sa. It's Black, uh, Us-sa.
>>
>>379111943
Only part of opposing force I would say is non canon is the race x that appeared that never gets brought up again in the series. Other than that, nothing else is contradicted by other canon in the series.
>>
>>379112309
Go away, Randy.
>>
>>379112527
EYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, WELCOME TO CITY 17. THAT'S RIGHT, IT'S CITY SE-VEN-TEEN, NOT ONE, OR TWO, OR THREE, OR EVEN 69! ANYWAY, YOU'VE CHOSEN OR BEEN CHOSEN OR MAYBE EVEN NEITHER TO RELOCATE TO THIS EPIC CITY BROS. IT'S SO EPIC AND STUFF, THAT LIKE, I CHOSE TO BUILD THIS HUGE TOWER WHERE I RULE OVER SHIT IN IT. I'M TOTALLY NOT COMPENSATING FOR ANYTHING, maybe. It's just a huge tower so I can look over you people and make sure no one's doing lame shit! I promise I don't have a small dick, you can't even care about that anyway because of the suppression field!
>>
>>379113690
Randy, stahp.
>>
>>379111856
>The owner of the IP says it's not canon
>But it's still canon

That's not how it works. Also I wouldn't want fucking gearbox touching anything about OpFor or modern Half-life in any way, shape or form.

You could expect tranny half black Adrianna Shepherd as a protagonist being followed around be a le so random xD robot with a retarded name listing off memes they found on a reddit humor page for the entirety of the game.
>>
>>379113690
>no BADASS
>>
>>379113878
>Rise and shine, Mr. Freeman. Ri-zine and shi-zine. Smell that? ASHES, boy. So get this, lotta stuff while you were dozing off? BOOM, CHANGED. Not sayin' you was sleeping on the job or nuffin'. But you were sleepin' on the job, son. But look at you now, right man, right place. Looks like things are about to get a whole lot differenter, my man.
>>
>>379114137
Who said it's not canon? Valve writer Marc Laidlaw has said valve doesn't get involve with canon and valve has said that the expansions are to be considered canon unless overruled by the main games.
>>
>>379114305
>GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MORNIN' BADASSES, AND WELCOME TO THE BLACK MESA TRANSPORT SYSTEM! YOU WANTED A WHITE MESA? TOO BAD, GET OUT YOU FUCKING RACIST! WE'RE HERE TO DO SCIENCE, NOT BUILD WALLS! ANYWAY, THIS TRAIN IS SUPPOSED TO KEEP YOU SAFE AND HAPPY AND STUFF. THE TIME'S LIKE 8 AM OR SOMETHING, WHAT DID YOU EXPECT, I SAID GOOD MORNING YOU DUMBASS. ALSO IT'S REALLY HOT OUTSIDE BECAUSE WE'RE IN THE FUCKING DESERT BUT DON'T WORRY, THIS FACILITY IS MAINTAINED AT A PLEASANT 68 DEGREES AT ALL TIMES. MORE LIKE A PLEASANT 69, AM I RIGHT?
>>
>>379115231
Genuinely laughed
>>
File: of2a1b0001.jpg (343KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
of2a1b0001.jpg
343KB, 1024x768px
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.