[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Denuvo the sole destroyer of worlds of video gaming, /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: denuvo.jpg (23KB, 938x525px) Image search: [Google]
denuvo.jpg
23KB, 938x525px
Is Denuvo the sole destroyer of worlds of video gaming, /v/? Why do you hate it? Why do you endorse it?

Denuvo general.
>>
I like it because it causes so much butthurt.
I couldn't care less for pirate vs antipirate, but the tears on both sides are delicious.
>>
>the sole destroyer of worlds of video gaming

they said the same shit about SecuROM, Starforce, Ironwall and a whole host of other solutions, and in the end they all fell. At most, Denuvo is just another minor setback to ensure that games aren't available for free for a short while after release.

And from what we've seen, it hasn't done much to help new IPs besides slow down word of mouth.
>>
>>379108630
>it hasn't done much to help new IPs
Conjecture.
>>
>Why do you endorse it?
Because it doesn't affect me in any way. As long as it stays that way, it's all good. The only actual thing it does is make some lowlife poorfag pirates unable to play, so it's a net positive.
>>
>>379110332

Best example I can think of offhand is Lords of the Fallen. From what I remember, it barely came close to 100k sales, far below what SE was aiming for, and sales didn't pick up until CPY cracked it over 6 months later.
>>
File: 1492647048203.jpg (21KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1492647048203.jpg
21KB, 240x240px
>>379107869
Why does this thread exist.
People didn't make GFWL generals when that horrible trite was being forced on us, why start now?
>>
>>379110853
>shit game doesn't sell for full price
>then it's discounted and sold for pocket change
>suddenly more copies sold

wow surely this is all thanks to based CPY
>>
>>379110967
/v/ is filled with underage. Underage can't buy games. Just add those two facts together and you should get a good picture.
>>
>>379110967
Because everyone agreed GFWL was shit. There was no discussion to be had. It's different for Denuvo because only genuine retards think it's shit but you can find genuine retards in spades on 4chan and it's entertaining to watch them make up excuses so these threads exist.
>>
>>379107869
>Is Denuvo the sole destroyer of worlds of video gaming, /v/?
Why are you such a melodramatic bitch? It's copy protection, like games have always had since the late 80's.
>>
Denuvo destroys games because people think it does, and that's bad enough.
>>
>>379107869
>game has denuvo
>buy something else instead

every time, baby!
>>
>>379111078

>game comes out with no way to play it for free
>people are generally leery of new IPs and have no way of finding out if it's shit or not without paying full price
>game sells next to nothing because nobody outside of buyer's remorsefags has any opinions on it

>6 months later
>crack released
>people can now play it and form non-bias opinions
>game starts selling more because word of mouth spreads

Plus it's pretty much the only example, since 90% of games with Denuvo are sequels/reboots of existing properties with guaranteed sales.
>>
>>379111078
It is. Even if you're 100% right, which you're not, CPY cracking it would have caused the price drop that generated so many sales.
>>
>>379111272
https://www.vg247.com/2017/06/02/rime-update-has-removed-denuvo-now-that-it-has-been-cracked-on-pc/

>“After 30 minutes of gameplay, it became 2 million triggers. In games like Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3, Nier, and Prey there were only about 1-2 triggers called every several minutes during gameplay. Triggers under VM are heavily obfuscated, which obviously does not improve performance.”

>Those who applied the crack verified the game seems to run much better.

KIll yourself
>>
>>379111410
>game has denuvo
>i don't care cause gaming is just one small hobby

every time, baby!
>>
>>379111480
Agreed, it was surely based CPY! I'm very smart so it's true.

>>379111585
Also, this. Price drops would never happen for uncracked games. Especially ones that don't sell so it's irrefutable that it was CPY.
>>
>>379111410
why do you buy another game with drm instead of this one? both of them have drm.
>>
>>379111587
Fake news. They all verified the crack made the game run much worse.
>>
>Buy a game that has Denuvo
>It boots up and I play the game without issue
>Don't have to jump through any extra hoops. Game runs great.
FUCKING DENUVO

>Buy a game with steamworks DRM or locked to uplay/Origin
>Have to jump through hoops to play it
>Locked to that specific store, sometimes two stores (uplay games on Steam)
>Having to run extra programs takes up system resources
HNNNGH I LOVE CORPORATE COCK. I'M NOT A HYPOCRITE.
>>
>>379111978

>buy game that has Denuvo
>still requires activation with Steam/Origin/uPlay
>still requires those platforms open to run the Denuvo'd game

nice try fuccboi
>>
>>379112108
The point I'm driving at is that we didn't have these threads for Steamworks. In fact, a lot of people refuse to buy games if they're not on steam. And yet, all of a sudden Denuvo is this big deal when people are suckling up corporate cock on a daily basis and willingly. You can't slam one without slamming the other.
>>
>>379112275
>a lot of people refuse to buy games if they're not on steam
You'll have to back that claim up with some evidence, because it sounds like complete bullshit.
>>
>>379112490

Not him, but in general loads of people will complain about game prices on Steam with bothering to look on Amazon/Humble/G2A/GMG/any other source of PC games, which is pretty indicative of their shopping habits/funding.
>>
>>379112275
steam hides the fact that's it's DRM with useful features, like a store, in-game chat, and the library with all the launchers

Denuvo is just another layer of bullshit restricting the user experience even more while giving the consumer what benefits exactly?
>>
>>379108630
Just wait for net neutrality to fall.
>downloading your game at nail's speed
>Denuvo game lightning fast download would recommend 10/10
>>
>>379112490
That didn't stop most of the posts in this thread. It wasn't event that important to the argument, so it doesn't matter if it's true or not even though it's obviously true if you haven't been living under a rock. All you have to do is look at GOG vs Steam and how Steam is obviously the juggernaut of digital game sales. The point still stands.

>>379112712
Steam isn't DRM. Steamworks is. It's just another layer of bullshit. We've had shit like that since X-fire and we don't need to be forced to use those features. Dumb piratefag. What a stupid post you made.
>>
File: SNAIL-expert.jpg (13KB, 236x293px) Image search: [Google]
SNAIL-expert.jpg
13KB, 236x293px
>>379112732
>nail
>>
>>379112712
It's not restrictive at all though so why would you even care unless you're poor as all fuck?
>>
>>379112906
you forgot to mention what benefits denuvo has over steam
>>
File: 1469409129302.jpg (92KB, 613x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1469409129302.jpg
92KB, 613x1024px
>>379107869
Denuvo can LITTERALY destroy a videogame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2qngkYKN8Y
>>
>>379113056
You forgot to mention what downsides Denuvo has versus Steam which requires more effort every time you launch the game.
>>
>>379113116
read the thread you're in >>379111587
>>
>>379113208
>SEEMS to run better
Wow, what blistering evidence. Here's a post that I found on the steam forums that holds just as much weight:
>I've played it before and after it was removed and to be honest performance seems about the same.
I can turn off steam and its shitty injected UI and I bet the game will run better too because it will.
>>
>>379107869
>Is Denuvo the sole destroyer of worlds of video gaming, /v/?

I play everything on console, so not really.

I don't agree with the pervasive nature of DRM with PC gaming, but the only responsible thing you can do is boycott these releases until developers start to realize that DRM is actually driving consumers away.

But there are alternatives, like GOG. I'm pretty sure nothing they distribute contains any form of copy-protection or DRM.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.