[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Games that reviewers lied to you about. >Was $20 >Game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

File: tmp_23632-Gone_Home-708683184.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_23632-Gone_Home-708683184.png
1MB, 1280x720px
ITT: Games that reviewers lied to you about.

>Was $20
>Game was nothing more than a worthless level demo
>Everyone who didn't like it was branded a bigot, or an uneducated moron. Maybe even both.
>High ratings, and reviews everywhere with most reviewers claiming that it was "perfect".
>Complete actual shit.
>>
Its a environmental adventure game, kys you autistic child
>>
>>379105461
>environmental adventure game,

So a level demo?
>>
>>379105461
It was a bad unfinished demo, and had zero gaming value.
>>
>>379105293
I don't side with /v/ on many things but this game was garbage.
>>
>>379105293
It was a nu-scam
>>
>Kids born after the Myst era
>>
>finish game in under 2 hours
>give a negative review
>refund it
>do this on several accounts
Just doing my part
>>
>ITT: Games that reviewers lied to you about.

All of them you retard. Game reviewers don't exist
>>
>>379105293

Gone Home was a great game. Sorry you're too autistic to appreciate it.
>>
>>379105965
Comparing this shoddy peice of shit to Myst.
>>
I liked it and thought the story was well paced.
>>
>>379105992
The world needs more heroes like you.
>>
>>379105461

>adventure game

I wish you numale betacucks would stop trying to appropriate that genre term for your shitty interactive diaries. Adventure games classically had you actually have to solve puzzles or problems and have to beat some challenge or another before advancing the plot and more importantly would often set you on an ADVENTURE to many interesting places, not just your cool Aunt's house.
>>
>>379106162
Pretty sure you would have to be autistic to enjoy Gone Home.
>>
>>379105965
>walking around a house reading things in a completely railroaded handhold museum tour is the same as solving puzzles and having an open world where you don't even know if what you did totally fucked you from being able to beat the game or progressed you along because there's absolutely no handholding

you really are the dumbest faggot around
>>
>>379105598
Define unfinished, it had a start and a end
>>
I recently played What Remain of Edith Finch. The environmental design is excellent, but that's all it has going for it. I finished the game and its nonsensical plot in 2-3 hours. Of course you play as a pregnant teenager, the player is let known that your father is an Indian named Sonjay for no apparent reason, and you can choose your sexual preference in a sequence which feels forced and has zero impact on the story. The message of the game: life is pretty alright despite it not always being alright. The events that lead to this revelation: everybody in our family dies for some reason which we aren't going to bother trying to explain or flesh out. What a pile of crap. I'm a fucking idiot for dropping $20 on it hoping I'd get something more worthwhile.
>>
Bought it on sale for like 4 bucks.

I liked the first moments when you know nohing and there's a great mistery vibe.

Instead we got a fucking lesbo love story.
It was cute and all, and the house itself had some nice details but...why?

the love stpry felt out of place, the great "mistery" of THE FUCKING TITLE literally doesn't exist(NAH, MOM AND DAD ARE JUST OUT OF THE HOUSE AND I LEFT CUZ IM LESBIAN, K BYE), there are no puzzels, nothing, NOTHING that resembles a game.

I feel pity for those who bought at more than 1$, even myself.

How the game keeps getting praise is beyond me.
>>
>>379105598
I wouldn't call it unfinished but basically this.

All of the misleading trailers too, implying it was going to be creepy.
>>
>>379106162
I boughtt gone home in a bundle. Game was trash that took up bandwidth, and drive space.
>>
File: 1370253346649.jpg (135KB, 807x861px) Image search: [Google]
1370253346649.jpg
135KB, 807x861px
>>379105965
>>
Read everything related to revolution 60
Its all lies
>>
File: 4637189.png (534KB, 911x397px) Image search: [Google]
4637189.png
534KB, 911x397px
>>
>>379106879
>Instead we got a fucking lesbo love story.

We didn't get a lesbian love story though.

We got rummaging around in a house for 10 minutes where a side story about lesbians took place, and became the only actual story.
>>
I'm so damn glad I got this "game" for free. It's an interesting little thing to fuck about with for an hour but charging money for it is ridiculous. And the idea that we're meant to empathise with any of the characters in the game, with the exception of the Dad, is insulting.
>>
>>379107069
Just remember: that was by the same women who got the entire media to label gamers as dead. The fact that anything related to that gets branded as muh goobergate shows exactly how far /v/ has fallen.
>>
>>379105293
Avoid any game you can get called a bigot for not liking, they're almost always sjw nonsense
>>
>>379106879
You got the lesbo ending? Man, I got the possessed by dead uncle ending. Scared the shit out of me when she climbed out of the chest in the attic and started hunting me around the house with a butcher knife.
>>
>>379105293

I don't think you understand how adventure games work, Anon-kun.

Of course they appeal to casual masses. All you do is walk around and interact with shit.

>Everyone who didn't like it was branded a bigot
Oh look, Anon is making shit up again.
>>
>>379106376
>Adventure games classically had you actually have to solve puzzles or problems and have to beat some challenge or another before advancing the plot and more importantly would often set you on an ADVENTURE to many interesting places, not just your cool Aunt's house.

Some of them do, but adventure games comprise a diverse genre. Look at the cult popularity of LSD Dream Emulator. It's literally a walking simulator.

There's nothing out of place about Gone Home. It's typical adventure fare. That's not everybody's cup of tea, but you can't tell adventure enthusiasts that the game is overrated when you obviously don't play adventure games in the first place and therefore have no basis for critiquing them.
>>
>>379107448
The sad part is how they made a "game"about a lesbo story, and fucked up with it so much that no one tought at first that it was actually the main plot.

thats how bad this "game" is.
>>379107806
kek
>>
>The Stanley Parable had basically everything over Gone Home yet Gone Home got all the accolades
People are stupid
>>
>>379108265
>I don't think you understand how adventure games work, Anon-kun

Probably was addressed in op under:
>>379105293
>Everyone who didn't like it was branded... or an uneducated moron.

Adventure games aren't that hard, or esoteric of a concept that we mere morlocks just couldn't wrap our minds around. The game was utter cancer.
>>
File: tmp_23632-images-1416100458.jpg (6KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_23632-images-1416100458.jpg
6KB, 299x168px
This was the entire "story". You can find it a few minutes after starting the game. Some call this the ending though, so spoiler alert.
>>
>ADVENTURE GAMES ARE SHIT
>MY OPINION IS OBJECTIVELY CORRECT

Fuck me, /v/. This is new levels of retardation.

Adventure games aren't for everybody, but they've sold consistently well, even on consoles.

>King's Quest
>Shadowgate
>Myst
>Broken Sword
>Leisure Suit Larry
>Monkey Island
>Grim Fandango
>Longest Journey
>Ico

To name a few. And this is to say nothing of the sheer amount of dating sims and eroge out there.

Sierra's adventure games mostly contributed to the company's success throughout the '90s, so there was obviously a substantial demand for this stuff. LucasArts also saw adventure games as a lucrative business back in the day.
>>
>>379109160
Are they trying to make us all gay!?
>>
>>379106541

>permanently stopping game progress because of a mistake is good game design
>>
>>379110836
I'm not an ant, I can't read this
>>
>>379108496
Deadly premonition was a cult classic as well but would I consider that a good horror game?

Also you just called that game a walking sim but somehow gone home isn't?

Hell no
>>
>>379111673
>>379111673
If you can seriously compare any games you listed to gone home and still think GH is good then you must be a shill like seriously.
>>
>>379105461
a really bad one
>>
>>379105293
because it's progressive propaganda, it's not a video game
>>
>>379111673
No one here even implied that adventure games are shit.

These are good games btw.
>King's Quest
>Shadowgate
>Myst
>Broken Sword
>Leisure Suit Larry
>Monkey Island
>Grim Fandango
>Longest Journey
>Ico

Gone Home wasn't an adventure game, it wasn't even a game, it was in no way groundbreaking, and it wasn't a high brow work of digital art. It was just junk that was not worth anyone's time.
>>
>>379105293
This game was designed so that if you didn't like it or felt it wasn't worth it/was a rip off you're simply a sexist bigot.
>>
>>379111954
It's says ran away to be gay with army gf.

That was the story.
>>
>>379111673
Maize is a good one
>>
Why does /v/ have so many liberals? There's literally no arguments for communism
>>
>>379112265
I believe that it just ended up being propaganda. I can't prove it, but it seems that the devs just ran out of resources, and slapped some random shit together, and the devs lucked I out when it ended up being used as propaganda.
>>
>>379105293
God that shit still pisses me off.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.