[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Oblivion >You have to go out of your way to join factions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 17

File: TES.jpg (674KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
TES.jpg
674KB, 1024x682px
>Oblivion
>You have to go out of your way to join factions
>Criminal/illegal organizations are secretive and will seek you out if you fit their criteria
>Every city has access to the same infrastructure with plenty of specialized stores

>Skyrim
>Factions jump at your throat and beg you to join
>Criminal/Illegal organizations have no screening and will demand you join even if you've never committed a crime
>Cities are barebones, lack cohesive infrastructure and only have stores related to your skills

How did Bethesda manage to forget how to make their own games ?
I still played thousands of hours of both of those games but Skyrim's world feels like a disembodied, railroaded mess.
>>
File: bladesbalconeyroughcolor.jpg (3MB, 3840x4320px) Image search: [Google]
bladesbalconeyroughcolor.jpg
3MB, 3840x4320px
They probably just took a risk to see if they can get away with less work and worse quality control, and now with FO4 they saw they took it too far.

Also the target demographic and what the general public expect or want from video games has changed from the days of Oblivion.
>>
File: ScreenShot0.jpg (735KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot0.jpg
735KB, 1920x1080px
>>379092159
>Spend 3 days modding Oblivion because my mods kept crashing my game
>It finally works
>Been playing nonstop for a week now

The ultimate comfy game.
>>
>>379093386
The lilac compass letters stand out a bit too agressively.
>>
>>379093538
25 towns with no content what so ever.
>>
>>379093386
Oh my god that HUD is awful
>>
>>379093693
>>379093898
Two kinds of people xD
>>
>>379093237
>now with FO4 they saw they took it too far
How? 78% positive reviews on Steam isn't great, but it's only 3% less than Skyrim has. Both games have been very successful.
>>
>>379092159

>Oblivion
>all cities have the same walls
>blacksmiths have no forges
>inns have no stoves or ovens
>no one cuts lumber
>no one mines ore
>no one fishes or herds cattle
>only farms are small plots and a little shitty vineyard that has no press or barrels
>no carts or any sort of transportation for merchandise and materials
>>
>I disagreed with Todd a lot because Todd and I do not like the same kinds of games. This is not his fault or mine. Whether it is more fun to smash things with a huge axe or coax secrets from obfuscated texts is pure opinion. Whether it's better to play against dice or against an intelligent designer is pure opinion. Frankly, most gamers are more like Todd. It is in Bethesda's best interests to appeal to those gamers, instead of making a game that appeals to me. I selfishly didn't want to work on a game that didn't appeal to me, but that wasn't my job. My job was to work on Morrowind, regardless of whether I liked it or not.

Reminder that TES is doomed under Todd.
>>
>>379096880
Wha they need is a sensible person that actively works to streamline bullshit mechanics without completely trowing away depth, not Todd but not an autistic sperg that believes dice rolling combat was good.
>>
>>379093386
Play Nehrim, played more than 20 hours, and maybe 40% into the Story.
>>
>>379093386
Oblivion was fucking great. I remember one time I spent in the imperial city just looking at the moon in the night sky with that comfy ambient music playing in the background. This thread almost makes me want to play it again.
>>
>>379097183
I read somewhere that Bethesda's internal development is plagued by a distinct lack of upper management. The leads don't cooperate together and hardly put pressure on any of their developers, leading to a lack of cohesion AND a lack of direction which causes those games to go all over the place.

It's why Bethesda's titles have such a noticeable lack of focus and why not a single feature in them appears to be ever truly finished. The developers are allowed to work on ADHD alone and can just stop working on a feature that needs polishing to go add another gimmick pretty much whenever they feel like it.
>>
File: fantasy.jpg (164KB, 316x535px) Image search: [Google]
fantasy.jpg
164KB, 316x535px
>>379096880
>Reminder that TES is doomed under Todd.
Fuck off nerd.
>>
>>379092159
This has always been one of my biggest problems with skyrim ever since it came out. The moment you go anywhere for the first time there's always some scripted event right at the fucking gates. Brynjolf can go fuck himself, too.
>>
>>379098286
>Brynjolf can go fuck himself, too.
At least you can wipe out the dark brotherhood. No such luck with the thieves guild. They're here to stay and you can never ever get rid of them.

Thank fuck for mods.
>>
>>379098118
i'm not sure what your point is
>>
>>379098118
>a knight on horseback killing things
>no mounted combat in Oblivion
>mounted combat only added to Skyrim in one of the final patches
>>
>>379098513
Riften just needed to be burnt to the ground. Markarth too.
>>
File: Bethesda.png (40KB, 579x781px) Image search: [Google]
Bethesda.png
40KB, 579x781px
>>379098647
My point is that Todd Howard understands us, his real audience, while you're a dying breed. His games are getting better and better while you whine louder and louder. We're going on 20 years with this cycle and he STILL proves you nerds wrong with massively successful games.
>>
>>379099114
oh alright, so it was just bait
lol
>>
>>379099084
How would you burn Markarth to the ground? It's made of stone. It's much easier to just burn its populace to death and steal everything that isn't nailed down.
>>
>>379099415
Just side with the Forsworn and allow them to take it back, then give them the whole Reach.
>>
>>379092159
>Morrowind
>You have to explore & find shit

>Oblivion
>You follow the quest arrow til you win

How did Bethesda manage to forget how to make their own games?
>>
File: delima.png (80KB, 669x899px) Image search: [Google]
delima.png
80KB, 669x899px
>>379099189
>if I don't agree with it then it's bait
If you want to see a TES game without Todd Howard's leadership, just look at all the open world garbage that has swept the industry since Skyrim's release. Everyone trying to jump on the Bethesda train without even remotely understanding what makes their games so good. The Elder Scrolls would be nothing without Todd.
>>
>>379099684
you can stop trying, im not even reading your shit.
>>
File: todd.png (675KB, 837x1044px) Image search: [Google]
todd.png
675KB, 837x1044px
>>379099798
Not an argument.
>>
>>379099603
But the Forsworn suck, too.
>>
>>379099973
At least they're not the fucking silver mafia.
>>
>>379099114
>>379099684
Is this supposed to be an unfunny brand of Toddposting? Because if it is, it's quite successful.
>>
>>379100496
>Toddposting
>ever funny
>>
Yeah, Oblivion was such a good gam-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoKl98C_w-s
>>
>>379100876
Don't get me wrong, it's easily the worst in the series, but it's still a good game overall outside of the context of its series, and certainly better than their raping of the Fallout series.
>>
>>379101206
>but it's still a good game overall outside of the context of its series

nnno not really.

Oblivion was always a laughing stock.
>>
File: todd.webm (3MB, 768x480px) Image search: [Google]
todd.webm
3MB, 768x480px
>>379100496
Don't mind me, dropping some good todd memes to counteract this faggotry
>>
>>379100496
he's right though. people act like todd is killing elder scrolls but he's the one who made it what it is. people keep wanting it to go backwards and be more like the older games, yet they're finding bigger and newer audiences with each new release. obviously "good" is a subjective term, but the games have clearly improved in any objective measure you want to throw at them: time played, reviews, popularity, longeveity, etc.

the old games still exist and you can play them whenever you want. let the man keep innovating and bringing the rpg experience to everyone else. he didnt win all those awards based on marketing alone, no matter how much you try to convince yourself of it
>>
OP here, ran out of dicks to choke on.

I am totally fine with the overall direction the TES games is taking. If it were otherwise I wouldn't spend more and more time on every subsequent release.

It's possible for them to add both smaller village productions like lumbermills or farms and larger city infrastructure like guilds and shops. They just need to actually remember to do it and not get distracted.
>>
>>379101847
>popular = good
And there are ways to make popular but still mechanically deep and interesting games.
>>
>>379101418
Really? I never noticed it.
>>
>>379093386
It's hard to make Oblivion look worse than it does vanilla but you did it.
>>
>>379102281
When it comes to video games, "good" is whatever the fuck you want to define it as. That's what I assume he means by it being subjective. If you want an objectively good video game then you want a popular one (not just in terms of sales, but reviews and lasting appeal), because the video game which brings the most enjoyment to its players is the one that did its job better than any other.

>And there are ways to make popular but still mechanically deep and interesting games.
That's literally what Todd Howard's specialty is. He's an expert at trimming the fat while maintaining the core role-playing experience. Yes, sometimes some meat is trimmed away too, and you can complain about the dumbing down all you want, but Skyrim is still far more complex than other AAA titles from the same time.

As the man himself said in an interview:
>You have the skills and then you have three main stats: magicka, health and stamina. In Oblivion you have your eight attributes and then you have 21 skills. Now you have eighteen skills and three main attributes. What we found is that all of those attributes actually did something else.

>So when someone goes ‘you took out my stat’, I’m always like ‘well, which one do you want?’ If intelligence affects your magicka, well now you just have magicka. They all trickled-down to something else so now when you level up you can just increase your magicka. In Oblivion you have to raise your intelligence knowing doing this raises your magicka and they all lead to some other stat.
>>
>>379101547
>good todd memes
Literally an oxymoron. Todd is not memeworthy enough and no amount of forcing it will change the fact that most of his so-called "lies" were not lies at all.
Believe it or not, some posters might actually genuinely like Todd Howard. You do realize he won two lifetime achivement awards in the past three years, right? That doesn't happen to universally hated people. If anyone praising Todd for anything is a meme to you, then you've spent way too fucking long in this shithole.
>>
>>379103418
>>379104053
jesus christ
>>
>>379101547
I watched the whole thing waiting for it to get good. I think you uploaded the wrong file, friend.
>>
File: david_cameron.jpg (89KB, 620x412px) Image search: [Google]
david_cameron.jpg
89KB, 620x412px
>>379092159
anybody else seeing this?
>>
>>379105693
yeah, what about it?
>>
>>379099609
money
>>
Do I finally get around to modding Oblivion or keep plugging away at Skyrim?

I remember playing Oblivion years ago vanilla and enjoying it, so revisiting it might be fun.
>>
>>379106985
it's rougher to mod than Skyrim but still enjoyable
>>
>>379092159
>it's a 16 year olds pretend that Oblivion was a good game
no, it was absolute dogshit, it was broken to the core with the retarded level scaling
>>
>>379100876
I unironically think this is actually fucking amazing.
>>
>>379100134
Beer Mafia > Silver Mafia
>>
>>379106985
90% of Oblivion's problems are fixed by installing OOO and the leveling mod of your choice, and if you really want to spare yourself effort, either of them alone fixes a good 80%. The level scaling in Oblivion is an absolute abomination and if you either remove it or reduce its impact you have instantly made it a pretty top notch game. Also there's some other fun mods too.
>>
>>379107584
Aye, that's why I never did it, I think. I'm not familiar with using Wrye for mod managing. I also have the old disc GOTY version that doesn't have the minor DLCs, so I'll have to track those down.

>>379108821
OOO fixes the level scaling? Thank god, I remember fighting bandits in gear equal to my level and it was fucking nonsense. I'll have to look into that a few things for graphical improvements, I suppose. Thanks anon. Any other recommendations?
>>
File: image.png (304KB, 754x424px)
image.png
304KB, 754x424px
Reminder that Oblivion is the best ES game and the perfect RPG
>>
>>379109348
lol, its the worst of the three
>>
>>379103406
Edgy
>>
>>379092159
>Implying most of the dumbing down didnt happen between Oblivion and Morrowind
Oblivion is honestly worse then Skyrim because Skyrim actually improved things like combat and animations.
>>
>>379109348
This. I actually have a really creepy story that happened to my Oblivion (Elder Scrolls IV) save once. Should I share it?
>>
>>379104517
It's a parody of Onikushi-hen or whatever.
>>
>>379109651
Yes please do! I bet I haven't heard it before.

>>379109592
Imagine thinking a game is better because despite ripping out entire game mechanics from the series formula it makes some minor improvements to immersion.
>>
>>379109674
Umineko > Higurashi
>>
>>379109425
>three
>>
>>379109651
oh sweet fuck here we go again
>>
>>379109348
Out of Morrowind Oblivion and Skyrim, Oblivion is by far the worst.
>>
>>379109425
>three
You're right about Oblivion being the worst, but kill yourself anyway
>>
File: ScreenShot2.jpg (643KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot2.jpg
643KB, 1920x1080px
>>379108821
I kind of want to start another playthrough with OOO after I'm done my current one, but I'm pretty sure it's going to break my game considering I have like 80 mods installed.
>>
File: image.png (522KB, 754x424px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
522KB, 754x424px
>>379109737
>>379109781
It's a short read but I think it's worth it.

So in Oblivion there's this item called the Skull of Corruption and I used a glitch to make a permanent clone of myself that summoned two things at once and said weird stuff.

I killed him in the Imperial City. (Pic Related)
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 640x480px
>>379109953
Oh

Well if nothing else you surprised me.
>>
>>379105693

I bet Vicente never left his daughter in a pub.
>>
>>379109737
Removing the atributes was honestly not that bad, all the good shit in Morrowind was ripped out of Oblivion then Skyrim smoothed over the kinks of what was left.
>>
There is some 4D chess levels of meta Toddposting going on ITT. I like it!
>>
>>379110192
>no spellmaking
>neutered enchanting
>neutered magic effects
>no classes
>birthsigns can be changed
>absolutely no incentive besides time to stick with a playstyle
>dumbed down factions
>effortless levelling

If it weren't for perks I wouldn't even consider Skyrim to be an RPG. It's dumbed down garbage.
>>
Anyone want to help me out and throw up a mega or torrent of the gog installer for Oblivion?
>>
>>379110528
The reason why I loved morrowind was good dungeons and quests, puzzels that actually required a bit of thought and not having a compass. Oblivion removed all of this for me. Skyrim added fun combat meaning that for ones killing stuff is actually fun.
I loved Morrowind and enjoyed Skyrim but I felt nothing for Oblivion.
>>
>>379110867
Did you just say Oblivion has worse quests than Skyrim?
>>
>>379110986
No I said that the quests in Oblivion are a lot worse then in Morrowind and that Skyrim only improved the core gameplay, that is fighting.
>>
>>379111150
If by "fighting" you mean animations then yea. Magic based combat was measurably worse in Skyrim.
>>
Modded-up Skyrim is extremely immersive and really fun even with everything being so shallow.
>>
>>379111150
>No I said that the quests in Oblivion are a lot worse then in Morrowind
Nah.
>>
>>379111404
I dunno about that, the dualcasting and combined effects were pretty neat and made spells feel better to use even if the magic system itself and leveling was fucked
>>
>>379110528
>dumbed down factions

The writing was way worse overall, from the factions to the main quest to the side quests. I suspect they rushed the scripts so they could do the 11/11/11 gimmick.
>>
File: OB-banner-Dark_Brotherhood.jpg (162KB, 512x1024px) Image search: [Google]
OB-banner-Dark_Brotherhood.jpg
162KB, 512x1024px
Why are their questlines always the best in every game?
>>
>>379112660
I thought it was garbage in Skyrim. Not as bad as the thieves guild questline though.
>>
i wonder why they removed bookstores in skyrim. i used to spend hours standing in front of the shelves in oblivion and morrowind. i guess that's why they took them out though, because little kids can't read.
>>
>>379112807
probably because nords are too manly to read
>>
Skyrim is the best TES game in terms of mechanics and gameplay, but it's missing all of what made Morrowind good and Oblivion's amazing quests/world building.
>>
>>379112807
Skyrim's got this asinine level design direction where stores must serve a direct gameplay purpose. There's apothecaries because you have an Alchemy skill. There's blacksmiths because of crafting. So on and so forth.

You don't have a "reading comprehension" skill so no bookstores for you. Instead general stores sell books and that's your lot.
>>
>>379112660
IIRC pretty much every traditional TES guild is dead after Skyrim (they were already on their last legs before TLD got there).
I wonder why they're trying to kill off the trademark factions of TES
>>
>>379112913
Pretty much this, yeah.

I do think it lacks some of the more purposefully broken shit like spellmaking, but despite being initially very salty about shit like attributes I think it does a decent job at streamlining gameplay.

I just wish the world wasn't so fucking bland. I also wish Dawnguard didn't exist.
>>
>>379113291
Wasn't this the same thing in Oblivion?
>>
>>379092159
>Factions jump at your throat and beg you to join
Because you have recruiters from Winterhold, Companions, TG, DB, Dawnguard, and Volkihar all come up to you, right? If you're gonna bring up Legion/Stormcloak, it's only something Hadvar/Ralof suggest just like people suggesting in Oblivion/Morrowind as well. The only people who kinda want you to join is Greybeards with their loud ass summon.

>Criminal/Illegal organizations have no screening and will demand you join even if you've never committed a crime
Nigga you literally help that Thieves Guild guy steal that dude's jewelry while the guy distracts everyone around the area, and the Dark Brotherhood has you fulfill a kid's wish to kill someone before even joining them.

>Cities are barebones, lack cohesive infrastructure and only have stores related to your skills
This I agree with.

Like I get what you were trying to say, but most of your points make no sense at all. Skyrim is railroaded to an extent, but isn't really from a game structure perspective that much more or less railroaded than the previous games. It's more annoying aspects of railroadism is related to essential characters (which I think were in Oblivion as well I don't remember.)
>>
>>379113501
>I also wish Dawnguard didn't exist.
why's that
>>
Everyone in the game thinks Riften is the worst place to live but Markarth is by far the worst place you could live. Thalmor, silver-bloods, forsworn, Giant spiders, dwemer machines, falmer, crooked guards, cidhna mine and cannibals all rolled into one city.
>>
>>379113291
Which is odd since the skill bonus from reading a book is a gameplay purpose that existed in Morrowind and Oblivion. I guess if they wanted to make it more meaningful from a game design perspective (at the expense of realism) they could only improve your skill when read from your inventory rather than the world, thus meaning you would have to buy or steal the book to get its gameplay benefit. With that small change, now book stores serve a direct purpose as an alternative way to pay for training.
>>
>>379092159
>>Criminal/Illegal organizations have no screening and will demand you join even if you've never committed a crime
I don't remember how it works for Thieves Guild, but for the Dark Brotherhood you have to kill at least 2 people before joining (the old hag at the orphanage and up to three prisoners when you're captured by the leader of DB while sleeping)
>>
>>379113510
Oblivion's stores are much more diverse and a lot of them aren't particularly related to skill leveling.

There's several competing general stores and specialty stores that can sometimes be pretty irrelevant to the player as a whole. Just in the Imperial City, there's a shop that's dedicated to shields, three magic shops (one general, one for discount spells and one for staves only), a fashion store, so on and so forth.
>>
>>379113738
>tfw got memed into buying the Honeyside for 8000 gold in my current playthrough
fuck
What's the best place to live?
>>
>>379112765
It's still the best guild questline sadly. The others are just that bad.
>>
>still no torrent of the gog release
>>
>>379113937
Solitude is a pretty nice city to live overall. Once you deal with Potema they don't have any major issues like markarth and riften.
>>
File: SR-npc-Cicero.jpg (301KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SR-npc-Cicero.jpg
301KB, 1080x1080px
>If the Dragonborn returns to the Loreius Farm after joining the Dark Brotherhood and reports Cicero to a Hold Guard in the quest "Delayed Burial," the inhabitants can be found dead -- likely from Cicero murdering them.
Why's he such a fucking asshole?
>>
>>379113894
>Oblivion's stores are much more diverse and a lot of them aren't particularly related to skill leveling.
I can't recall a single store in Oblivion that had nothing to do with game mechanics. Even general good stores often sold alchemy ingredients like regular food.
>>
>>379113603
Winterhold no.
Companions yes.
TG yes.
I honestly don't remember for the DB.
Dawnguard is DLC so that wouldn't be fair.
I'll assume Volkihar is as well.
You're on point for the rest tho.
>>
>>379113662
It's insultingly poorly written, the pacing is garbage, the new areas are garbage, the Volkihar vampires go from crazy molag bal hatefucking beasts who live underneath frozen lakes to Underworld ripoffs, the only good thing about it is crossbows and the dawnguard armor sets. It also makes every vampire have glowing flashlight eyes when they're supposed to be, and referred to in the vanilla game, as quite sneaky and capable of blending in with the populace.

>>379113603
But the problem is that they jump at you and demand you commit crimes for them, which is lame and railroading as fuck gameplay wise and dumb storywise. Like let's compare them in detail.
>Oblivion
>You have to commit a crime and serve prison time
>A proxy hands you a note to meet someone else
>Only then are you committed to a test

>Skyrim
>Brynolf homes in on you if you walk anywhere near the Riften marketplace
>Completely disregards your reputation or past criminal deeds, if any
>Demands you commit a crime in broad daylight for him

Dark Brotherhood has the same problem. In Oblivion you have to commit murder on an innocent before you're even contacted by Lachance. In Skyrim it's thrown at your face when you walk anywhere in Windhelm since every guard mentions it until you've done it. It's handled a tiny bit better because at least you can respond by murdering Astrid, reporting it to the authorities, and wiping out the brotherhood altogether.

It's also made worse by misc objectives sticking to your quest log if you decide to refuse those quests.
>>
>>379109674
Onikakushi-Hen and this -> (>>379109741).
>>
>>379114843
what about the Dragonborn DLC?
Is it any good?
>>
>>379114506
He's a wacko that probably just broke out of jail and took vengeance. There's just one drunken guard patrolling the road
>>
>>379092159
Arena did it best. The factions are so secretive that you cannot join any of them.
>>
>>379114843
>Play Oblivion with leveling mod because I hated the idea of max/min my stats
>Accidentally kill someone
>"Forces unknown have observed your killing"
>Beat the game wondering what the fuck that message went

>Replay the game months later
>Kill innocent NPCs because why not?
>Decide to use a bed
>The questline starts

Stuff like that was amazing. The very concept that you can miss quests/content makes the world feel more alive. These days the player becomes central to the universe and everything revolves around them. Kinda shitty tbqh
>>
You think Bethesda will have the courage to proceed with TES lore as its prophecized to go? (essentially, everything is heading towards the end of the world)
I don't think they have the guts to end it.
>>
>>379092159
>I still played thousands of hours of both of those games
Pathetic no-life autist.
>>
>>379115237
The "if the player doesn't see it, it's not worth doing" meme has become a guiding motto for publishers. IIRC Warren Spector (guy behind Deus Ex who lives hidden shit) talked about it a couple months ago in an interview.
>>
>>379115247
Every game is heading towards the end of the world. Paarthurnax says something like "those who try to hasten the end bring it closer" so by defeating Alduin the dragonborn triggers some sort of other evil prophecy down the road.
>>
>>379115602
you mean "those who try to delay the end bring it closer"?
>>
>>379115089
I thought it was much better although the timing of the cultists was pretty bad. They should show up some time after you're formally recognized as Dragonborn, not as soon as you meet the Greybeards.

I personally got used to installing Timing is Everything and just making them appear after I've slain Alduin.
>>
>>379115602
Alduin wasn't beaten either, just thrown back into Aetherius for a little while. He'll be back, potentially after the Dragonborn dies, at which point nothing will stop him from devouring the world like he was meant to.
>>
>>379109564
>Edgy
You mean
>Correct
>>
>>379115941
>at which point nothing will stop him from devouring the world like he was meant to.
unless another dragonborn shows up
>>
As someone that hasn't done a real playthrough again of Oblivion since the console editions, what are some good mods to go with it?
>>
>>379117186
Oblivion Scaling Unclusterfucked if you want a relatively vanilla experience without the shitty level scaling.

Otherwise, Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul. Recognized by plenty as the definitive all-purpose mod for the game, iirc Bethesda also commended its creator for how complete and thorough the mod is.
>>
>>379117394
>Bethesda also commended its creator for how complete and thorough the mod is.
Yeah, he got picked up by Obsidian to help design New Vegas thanks to OOO.
>>
>>379117157
Our dragonborn is supposed to be the last one ever. Even if another one appears there's no guarantee they'll be good at fighting. All the emperors heirs in Oblivion were dragonborn and it didn't help them.
>>
>>379117479
Bethesda were also trying to hire him at the same time but he chose to go to Obsidian instead.

Anyway, don't grab OOO. It's trash. Mod slows down leveling by 3x, the strarting area is filled with monsters 5~6 times your level, the quests in inns around the imperial city require you to go to dungeons and kill a level 20 NPC when you're level 1~2, there's level 16 bears added by themod roaming the area around Kvatch that might just one shot you as you're travelling there.

Just don't bother.
>>
>>379117546
Why's he the last one? Is Akatosh grumpy or something?
>>
>>379117394
What are the differences between OSU and Realistic Leveling and Oblivion XP or whatever? I don't know what to choose and the "fixes scaling!!" vague taglines don't really tell me a whole lot about them
>>
>>379117394
>>379117663
What does OOO even do overall? I don't like the sound of slower leveling but the readme was saying it doesn't change the leveling speed?
>>
>>379099684
Todd's a hack, end of discussion.
>>
>>379117663
OOO is honestly shit to play without a guide. You can't tell when you'll wander into an area only to get gangraped by enemies 5x your level.
>>
>>379118309
A lot of the changes sound really nice from the Readme, but is it really that bad?
>>
>>379118118
Long story short, OSU removes all automatic scaling and handplaces everything. Loot, gold rewards, monsters, bandits, etc, it's all static and will not magically change based on your level.

Oblivion XP just makes the leveling system work like Fallout, no other changes to scaling as far as I'm aware, so they work together.

>>379118213
Adds tons of new content, pops off level scaling entirely, makes leveling slower.

Most fights are legitimately very hard and require a lot of preparation. You have to actually train your skills on your own or with the help of NPCs before you can walk out and fight things and other people.

It is a massive departure from the rather cozy framework of vanilla Oblivion and it will bust your balls.
>>
>36 lessons of vivec
>its just a collection if his sexual fantasies
>no one learns anything
>>
>>379118682
It's not bad, just poorly planned for a new player. If you have never played Oblivion before then it'll be overwhelming. Even for an experienced player due to the way the mod changes the game (as opposed to a game being designed from the ground up), it's not clear what you should or shouldn't be doing.

Like I said, best to go through the entire readme and have a guide handy.
>>
>>379118951
This.

If you want something closer to vanilla, use OSU and All +5 Attribute Modifiers, which removes the stupid grindy minmaxing.
>>
>>379118885
>>379118951
I kind of don't like the sound of that then, Oblivion's level scaling was a little fucked but I'd rather just have a mod that fixes that instead. I remember Oblivion being great for being relaxing while still being a decent challenge.
>>
>>379119193
can you stop name fagging, please?
Thanks
>>
>>379119450
I didn't realized I left it in there, it doesn't go away between posts.

Everyone must know I'm a faggot
>>
>>379093237
>and now with FO4 they saw they took it too far.
kek, kid you need to learn that /v/ isn't representative of the entire world. Fallout 4 was well loved by most you dumb salty obsidrone.
>>
>>379117663
its too bad there arent any mods that handle leveling huh?
>>
>>379118885
Thanks for the info buddy. I appreciate it.
>>
>>379093237
Is that skyrim or oblivion?
Those look like skyrim assets to me but I only remember entering a blades building/sanctuary in oblivion
>>
File: 1490061112117.jpg (17KB, 480x318px) Image search: [Google]
1490061112117.jpg
17KB, 480x318px
>>379119648
>he loved FO4
>>
>>379120537
Not them, but to give FO4 some credit, it did solve the issue of Gun play feeling really wonky outside of VATS.

Problem is they pretty much fucked up just about everything else.
>>
>>379119648
FO4 is Bethesda's worst reviewed game in the last 17 years. Since it didn't get 10/10 everywhere from modern game journalists it clearly did something wrong compared to Skyrim.
>>
>>379113603
>you literally help that Thieves Guild guy steal that dude's jewelry
Even if you fail that quest he will still invite you to the guild and give you their "hardest job" as first task.
>>
File: 1488307204316.gif (2MB, 202x360px) Image search: [Google]
1488307204316.gif
2MB, 202x360px
>Series main claim to worth is that it can modded to the point of being a different game
>This is only technically true because it's Gamebryo and stability is complete and total ass
>One single install needs to go bad before you're stuck with CTD permanently and have to totally uninstall/scour your computer for files to reset the game|
Fuck Gambryoembryo's Bethesda makes trash games and mods only enhance base games anyway.
>>
Reminder that tes6 will have paid mods and forced bethesdaNET launcher
>>
>>379120063
Then you must not have done the MQ in Skyrim. That's Sky Haven Temple in Skyrim.
>>
>>379121528
Oh
I only did it once 6 years ago
It was so bad I just never replayed it
>>
>>379120802
That's not credit worthy though. It was unironically current year when FO4 came out. It playing "decently" isn't fucking expected to be a pro, it's simply expected.
>>
>>379118932
I learned how to take out my spear and make the earth wet.
Thread posts: 152
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.