[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know quite a few people have a problem with Breath of the Wild

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1484432361705.jpg (155KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1484432361705.jpg
155KB, 600x800px
I know quite a few people have a problem with Breath of the Wild when compared to other Zelda games, but what do you think of BotW when viewed completely on its own, with no other Zelda games as a reference point? How does it hold up as a game in general?
>>
good
>>
About the same, for me at least.
Great controls and combat, great overworld with lots to explore, probably the most liberating sandbox I've played. Shrines are almost all great (other fans complained about the lack of traditional dungeons, I didn't really miss them).
Voice acting, story, and final boss are all still shite, with or without the other games.
>>
File: 1493140929972.jpg (4MB, 2500x5040px) Image search: [Google]
1493140929972.jpg
4MB, 2500x5040px
>>379091378
>>
>>379091378
Less rewarding open world game ever. Xenoblade Chronicles and X (though Chronicles is rather huge than open) shit all over it.
>>
>>379091378
Best open world game ever.
>>
>>379091378
It's an absolutely amazing game.
>>
If I were to treat it as not related to the Legend of Zelda in any way, assuming the plot would change to reflect this, I'd be a bit less critical of it overall. However, I also probably wouldn't have bothered buying it. That doesn't change the open world being a vast, empty scenery, nor weapons breaking so fast.

I really wouldn't be bothered by the Divine Beasts being a dungeon replacement. That's a big one for me.
>>
It's a good game but it honestly doesn't hold up much different, the flaws BotW has would still be there if it was its own game.

I still think the game has absolutely zero replay value and that the character progression is terrible, beyond other annoyances like weapons having the durability of wet styrofoam.
>>
>>379095593
I think it has way more replayability than Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword in that you can explore in a nonlinear way and can do challenge runs like taking on Ganon as soon as you leave the Great Plateau.
>>
>>379095806
I think both of those games are nearly unplayable dogshit so I really don't even bother comparing to them.

The fact that 100% of your character progression is linked to shrines and Korok seeds is the biggest flaw of the game. I can't see myself running around finding all the shrines yet again, ever in my life, it's tedious and while it was an interesting idea dungeons are plain better.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.