[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why'd they have to fall for the open world meme? Why couldn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: roguelike.png (195KB, 800x462px) Image search: [Google]
roguelike.png
195KB, 800x462px
Why'd they have to fall for the open world meme? Why couldn't they have gone the roguelike route? The crumbly weapons, simple puzzle systems and enemy variety would've fit right in.

Stick Link in a village with a house to stockpile cool loot, comfy minigames between dungeons, and magic doors(or something more creative) to different levels of randomized dungeons.
>>
>>379078930
If they did that they would have made a shit game instead of the best game in decades.
>>
> randomized dungeons
Please commit suicide. You are a terrible person.
>>
>>379078930
Procedurally generated landscape of AA quality hasn't been done well yet (No Man's Sky?).
I actually have a theory that next Elder Scrolls will be like this.
They've been chasing Minecraft lately, and focusing on Radiant AI/quests, and they have history with it from the first two games.
It would require a new engine, though, and Bethesda seems incapable of making one.
>>
>>379079638
>instead of the best game in decades.
You don't actually believe this do you?
>>
>>379080343
It's true lol
>>
File: 8-bit-1024x575.jpg (52KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
8-bit-1024x575.jpg
52KB, 1024x575px
>>379079638
But I hate open world so much, and the pause healing and all the other annoyances that it brings. I'm not asking for everyone to agree with me, just the vast vast majority of people.

All those outfits and they mean absolutley nothing, when they could each be pieces that enable and ENCOURAGE different playstyles.
>>
File: 1420701567511.png (51KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1420701567511.png
51KB, 500x500px
>>379080920
>I'm not asking for everyone to agree with me, just the vast vast majority of people.
>>
>>379078930
Dungeons and puzzles were always the shittiest part of Zelda games

Zelda was originally about exploring and adventure and I'm glad it's returned to its roots.
>>
>minigames
>randomized dungeons

fucking kill yourself
>>
>>379080814
Not even close.

It's not even the best game this year, let alone the best game on WiiU.
>>
>>379081176
>Zelda was originally about exploring
Yeah, exploring dungeons.
>>
>>379078930
>Why did they focus on making an amazingly detailed physics engine with a big open world where the focus is on surviving the elements, discovering new places, and finding secrets?
>Why didn't we instead get a generic roguelike like the millions of other roguelikes that exist and are only fun for a few hours before getting stale?
>>
File: t0TBm.jpg (16KB, 396x396px) Image search: [Google]
t0TBm.jpg
16KB, 396x396px
>>379080920
>I'm not asking for everyone to agree with me, just the vast vast majority of people.
>>
>>379080156
I think a randomised dungeon would've been pretty neat as a side thing.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.