[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stuck on Adel (FFVIII). What do? My party (squall, zell, selphie)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

File: DiscInsertScreen-ffviii-disc4.png (147KB, 580x406px) Image search: [Google]
DiscInsertScreen-ffviii-disc4.png
147KB, 580x406px
Stuck on Adel (FFVIII). What do? My party (squall, zell, selphie) are around lvl 13. Squall has 100 tornados to str and 100 curaga to hp, but I keep dying to Adel's meteor and earthquake.

Should I go back to disc 3 and junction spells? If so, where and which ones?
>>
>>379073789
Just dump all magics to increase your desired stats attack and hp wise on Squall, then spam revenge skill or whatever is called from Diablo, have a 2nd character constantly full healing Squall, this mindless strategy should carry you throughout the game.
>>
>>379075183
Ok I was able to kill Adel spamming Rush and Booya. Will I have any trouble afterwards?
>>
>>379075793
Maybe at the start of the final dungeon. Otherwise that Rush+Booya combo is completely broken, especially when combined with Meltdown.
>>
>>379075793
I think you are now locked in some sort of battle rush but it's not difficult, just enjoy the story. Also you should prob use Squall as your only attacker since he will be the one with the desired stat increases from junction, have the other two dudes as support. The skill I was referring before is Sacrifice from Diablo, it deals a truckload of damage in exchange of some of your hp, it's highly advisable to use this.
>>
>>379076181
>>379076308
Shit, what is meltdown? Also these witches are giving me a hard time. They keep respawning
>>
>>379076972
Puts you in Limit mode whatever your HP is
>>
>>379076972
This is part of the game is supposed to give you a feeling of despair for messing around with time shenanigans, just keep it cool it will end soon
>>
>>379076308
The skill's called Darkside.
>>
>>379077625
That's Aura. Meltdown reduces target's defence to zero.
>>
>>379077625
Wait what. Meltdown is the spell that drops enemy defense to zero. You're thinking of Aura.
>>
>>379078078
You are right, it was called "sacrifice" in the Spanish version.
>>
>>379077852
>just keep it cool it will end soon
This man was raised in the School of Squall.
>>
>>379073789
Cast Aura and do a Lionheart
gg you won the game
>>
>>379076972
Meltdown gives the target 0 defense. Works on bosses.
>>
>>379078926
>>379078839
>>379078608
>>379078434
>>379078426
>>379078363
>>379078078
>>379077625
I killed the witches! What the fuck was the giant worm thing at the end though

Ok, if I made it this far with Booya rush spamming, I should be able to best the game today right? I'm severely unprepared and I'm running low on potions. Are there any item shops nearby?
>>
>>379078839
Aura is kinda worthless considering you could just lower your HP (yellow) and spam Pass turn until you get the Limit Break, that was super broken.
>>
FUCK. I want to play FFVIII but I find the research I have to do before starting overwhelming.

I'm not sure if I have time to grind the drawing system. Isn't that what you are supposed to do?

How much can I get done in two hours of play?
>>
>>379079174
Don't think so my dude, the last dungeon is kinda long, before entering the dungeon you will see some warp points/doors that let's you travel to the overworld and buy stuff.
>>
>>379079252
OP here. I was on the same boat as you, but I spent like 4 hours getting Card, some mods, playing triple triad for the abyss worm cards, turning those into tornados and junctioning those to strength. Also tents to 100 curaga.
>>
>>379079174
Seriously save the game before hitting the last dungeon. It has a mechanic not seen anywhere else in the game that's kind of neat in hindsight but a massive PITA the first time you're dealing with it. Not spoiling it, just save before you go in.
>>
>>379079623
I always save. Is there any way to get more potions though? I'm severely low on curative items in general.
>>
>>379079346
Oh, didn't see your post. Thanks.

How hard is the last dungeon? I'm scared as fuck

Will Booya spam help me here?
>>
>>379079252
>the research I have to do

What the fuck are you talking about, you equip the spell that gives you the bigger HP and STR and you win
Get high spirit to always draw 9 spells, literally getting max stacks in 1 minute
>>
>>379079929
As >>379079623 said, it's a unique dungeon that you will have to 100% before facing the final boss (you can rush to the boss but it's not advisable, I won't spoil you either).
The last dungeon is not hard per se, you just need patience, maybe you could use a guide.
>>
What the fuck is this bullshit. I try to enter a town to buy items and there's a giant blue ring around it, preventing me from entering
>>
>>379080074
aren't I supposed to not level up too?
>>
>>379082980
No don't level up

Get Enc-none and Card as soon as possible
>>
>>379081364
That's one of my biggest complaints in this game, endgame content is truly lacking and preventing you from entering towns was horseshit, check a guide for endgame unlockables/hidden bosses/GF, it's worth it.
>>
>>379082980
It doesn't really matter, honestly
>>
When you get Ragnarok go visit the Island Closest To Hell and draw the spells from the monsters there.
>>
>>379084723
Any spells in particular?
>>
>>379084850
Aura, Flare, Holy, Meteor, Aura, Full-life.
Pretty much the most powerful spells in the game can be found there.
>>
>>379085085
What do I junction these to?
>>
>>379085085
Also, do I have to kill all the monsters in the dungeon, or can I just half ass it and only do 3/8, then head to the last boss
>>
>>379073789
Ok how do you keep your level that low by disc 4?

I'm near the end of disc 2 and squall is already lv21 while the others are lv14-16.
>>
>>379085443
OP here. Enc-None lol
>>
>>379079201
How is it broken? I always thought it was a mechanic. If you're on yellow hp it means you can't take huge hits and you're putting yourself at risk. Aura lets you spam with less risk of wasting turns to revive.
>>
>>379086507
You can pretty much spam zell's Booya and rush for a very long time
>>
>>379086507
I meant that there's no way developers noticed this issue and thought "this is completely fine". Imo the limit break chance should be once and it shouldn't let you retry endlessly by spamming the pass button. Although you also have a point, in a way you are wasting time/turnz putting yourself at risk while waiting for the limit break.
>>
>>379086920
That is if you want to cheese it with Zell.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.