[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a fun spess game? I also heard Stellaris might be good,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Endless-Space-2_BANNER.jpg (926KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Endless-Space-2_BANNER.jpg
926KB, 1920x1080px
Is this a fun spess game? I also heard Stellaris might be good, which one should I buy?
>>
File: th.jpg (7KB, 333x187px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
7KB, 333x187px
TELL ME WHICH ONE IS BETTER
>>
>>379068692
>>379069112
Gameplay on both is damn good.

Endless has better factions with actual story lines.
Stellaris has more choice in how you play, and a modding community.
>>
>>379069250
Which one has better space combat?
>>
>>379069314
Both are more about fleet composition and ship design. Neither allow direct unit control in combat.
>>
>>379069513
So both are just autoresolve type things? That kinda sucks. I was hoping at least one of them wasn't just a space painting simulator.

Are there any new space games that are more like Sins of a Solar Empire?
>>
>>379069314

There aren't really any tactics involved in Stellaris combat. Everything is just you building your ships/fleet and setting up stations and hoping you prepared properly.
>>
>>379068692
>buy

Well you missed out with Stellaris. Could've gotten it in the Monthly bundle for $12 then used the 10% off discount to get Utopia.
>>
>>379069878
it's not like it's possible to include tactics in Stellaris' combat given the scale of the game combined with it's real time nature
>>
>>379070270
There are some things you could do like general orders with fleet stances ("avoid engagement with the enemy trying to stay out of weapons range", "avoid engagement with the enemy but bombard enemy with ships using bombardment behaviour computers") or longer combat such that it's feasible to execute maneuvers like flanking without your first engaging fleet getting annihilated because Lanchester's Laws before the second fleet even enters the system.

Plus, ability to design ships could involve a layer of depth if it wasn't for absurdly terrible balance (naked corvettes are cost-effective against anything but a custom counter even when you suffer increased maintenance from being several times above fleet capacity, and even ignoring that the viability of a lot of weapons is suspect even against the things they are supposed to counter).
>>
>>379070957
longer combat isn't feasible though, I just came from a war in heaven where the final battle was roughly 1.5 million total fleet power clashing (AI on both sides was actually competent enough to start piling on the ongoing battle) and took over an ingame YEAR to complete

another problem is that its fairly difficult to introduce terrain factors to a space based game which is one of the primary tactical elements in other paradox games

there are some options like you mentioned that could happen, sure but it's fairly difficult and would require a lot of balancing to be anything other than a detriment
>>
File: Lava.webm (1MB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Lava.webm
1MB, 1200x675px
here's some ES2 webm
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.