/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>People like Zelda more than Mario >But Mario always sells

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: z.png (830KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
z.png
830KB, 1600x900px
>People like Zelda more than Mario
>But Mario always sells better than Zelda

This has always confused me. If you like Zelda, why won't you support it by buying the games instead of using an emulator?
>>
>>379067482
>not doing both
>>
File: Untitled.png (73KB, 583x632px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
73KB, 583x632px
>>379067482
>>People like Zelda more than Mario
They seem both pretty well liked to me
>>
>>379067482
WOO! YAHOO! BING BING 1UP
>>
>mario sells better
maybe because it is always bundled with every new nintendo console
>>
>>379068235
Yeah, like the NES, SNES, and... hmmm...
>>
>>379067482
Normalfags use Zelda as a mark for being "hardcore" and "oldschool" when it's both easy and constantly modernized.
>>
>>379067482
>>People like Zelda more than Mario
What makes you come to this conclusion?
>>
>>379067482
Casuals/non-gamers love Mario but are intimidated by Zelda. Hence Mario sells more. It's not that complicated.
>>
I think you can say people like Link more than Mario (the character) but Zelda/Mario (the series) are pretty much equally enjoyed. Mario is a more iconic character than Link, even though both are pretty prominent.
>>
>>379068636
I've heard normies say they like Zelda. I've never heard one day they consider it "hardcore". Stop making things up because you don't have friends
>>
>>379067482
mario is more new player friendly I guess
>>
>>379068447
Everyone who owned an N64 also owned SM64
>>
the quality of a game is one thing and sales are another. They aren't mutually exclusive.

You ask any self-respected gamer what franchise they prefer and they gonna say Zelda because it's you know, more hardcore. You ask random casuls which one they prefer and they gonna say Mario simply because Mario has way more mainstream appeal.

Another thing to note is that the casual market is the biggest market but at the same time the most unpredictable too. Core gamers are loyal and know what they want, casuls are not.
>>
>>379069771
It didn't come with the console
>>
Zelda has that gamer cred. And outside of SMG1/2, Zelda games are better.
>>
>>379067482
They both appeal to different demographics.

Mario is for all casuals.

Zelda is for casuals who like to think they aren't casuals.
>>
>>379069454
Well that's an interesting statement, neighbor. >>379069895
>>
>>379067482

isn't that because we get one zelada game per generation yet we're up to mario party 18, mario galazy 6, mario kart 10, etc?
>>
>>379067482
there are millions of people who buy mario games that never post online about video games
>>
>>379067482
People who like Zelda like it more than Mario, but Mario has a huge widespread appeal. As shitty and bland as the "New Super Mario Bros" series is, they keep making them because even the most oblivious of casuals know what 2D mario is and buy it.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.