[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You are given 1 free game of your choice on a current gen platform.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: image-20170603_230823.jpg (4MB, 3036x4048px) Image search: [Google]
image-20170603_230823.jpg
4MB, 3036x4048px
You are given 1 free game of your choice on a current gen platform. What do you choose ?
(PC, switch, xbone, ps4)
>>
Wish botw wouldnt crash at open your eyes
>>
>>379066802
Huh?
>>
Whatever the newest Super Robot Wars is. I don't have the hardware to run the damn thing, but I like the series and it'd be nice to have one sitting in my bookshelf.
>>
>>379066740
Does Disgaea 5 want me to use support characters more than previous titles?

Last Disgaea I played was 2 and every slot in your 10 character limit was dedicated to your biggest one-hit killers, yet in D5 classes like maids are, apparently, really good at supporting other characters, while damage seems to have been balanced to where said supports don't instantly die to single attacks.

Did Disgaea evolve away from one-hit wonders and actually try to become something else?
>>
If there was any game that interested me i would be playing it right now.
Are you people this fucking poor ?
>>
>>379067064
I'm 90 hours in Disgaea 5, encroaching on lv.4000, and it's still very far from a 1 hit fest, I'm also using a maid who's outstanding support and can go on the offensive if need be.
I think the addition of Overload skills (aka Limit Breaks) is what the series needed because it can totally twist the way a fight is going.
>>balanced to where said supports don't instantly die to single attacks
This one is iffy, defense in D5 matters a lot more but what seems to matter most is burst healing, since fights are much longer in this game than previous titles, if you have a small amount of powerful units, like me, and none of them are explicit healers, you need to find a way to keep them all in the fight, this is another thing the maid is good at.
Writing this post has made me realize the way I'm approaching challenges in D5 is totally different than the method I used in D2/D3/D4/DD2, where I'd just level up Axel till he got Love Dynamite then mop everything ASAP. Postgame requires a lot more than that now. Give it a try, anon.
>>
>>379067064
I've found a lot of success with the Professor class, their buffs are doubled in potency which can be really powerful. This is the first Disgaea game where I'm actually having a blast using a 10 man squad at equal levels, generally I would use a few of the uniques, a heal bot, and maybe one other. My squad is a ninja/fists, wrestler/axe, dark knight/sword, archer, pirate/gun, mage, healer, professor, whatever the water sprite that buffs everyone's stats a bit and mana gains by 30%, and dragon
>>
>>379067064
supports are good for buffing your 1-hit killers
>>
>>379067931
The hell are you doing to not have a full squad with maxed out stats 90 fucking hours in?
You seem to not have any idea what you are doing whatsoever or have to be completely ignoring all the stronger units on purpose.
D5 is all about having a Sage kill every unit on the map with Land Decimator on the first turn, literally the only map that's not possible on is max difficulty Baal where instead you just have Adell and Killia burst them down. Defense is absolutely irrelevant unless you want to do something gimmicky like a tank Sicily for arbitrary reasons.

It's disgustingly easy to get super powerful in D5, I played it completely blind and 90h in I was long since done with all content in the game and just fucking around with weird set ups and trying to get 30m on the LoC Evility for shits and giggles.

>>379067064
Generics are for the most part just dedicated support units in D5, yeah. Really just to make it possible for your biggest one hit killers to deal even more damage though, you will still either one shot bosses or get one shot in return, nothing really changed there.
>>
Is D5 beginner friendly on the long run? I've been playing the demo and I've enjoyed it, but I'm kind of intimidated by the supposedly upcoming game breaking stat tweaking you can do. I also understood that unique characters are vastly superior to the generic guys, which is kind of dissapointing as I like to make my own squadmates.
>>
>>379070415
It's super streamlined and simplified compared to the other more recent Disgaea games. You don't have to worry about that, it's fairly beginner friendly.
>>
>>379066740
thick
>>
As someone who's platinumed all the disgaea games possible, d5 is by far the easiest to beat.

Get sage ASAP use their skill to hit the whole map, repeat until main campaign is beaten.

Max out cheat shop levels and then head to highest item world possible, find geo effect item on map, his it with sage's skill that annihilates geo items, said geo panel will be level 9999 if you allow cheatshop to max out enemy levels. You will get a few thousand levels per kill. Then use Mr. Gency exit to leave item world. Rinse and repeat for a few minutes until sage is level 9999

Longest and toughest challenges are skilling up an item to level 50 quality and reaching bottom floor in item world. Land of Carnage is cake with a team of sages.

if you want 10 billion damage trophy make a team of 4 angels, 1 high level sage, and the rest being level 1 archers. Have archers just attack intended target while being grouped together they will keep attacking until combo bonus is X3.0 at that point have sage finish off target with tera star and you'll do roughly 17 billion damage. This further gets multiplied if you have the 4 angels surrounding the sage because each angle buffs neighboring unit by 25% so 4 will make the sage 100% more powerful.

Same strategy works for final Land of Carnage boss 1 or 2 hits and he will be dead
>>
>>379071831
I'll never understand why people love the idea of gamebreaking one turn KO strategies. Ruins the fun when you just breeze through every map instantly imo.
>>
>>379073239
Because its fun to completely annihilate things like that.
>>
>>379066740
hl3
>>
>>379066740
If I can have anything then I ask for the arcade data of Project Diva Future Tone, it runs on Windows so it's still a PC game.
Otherwise I don't know, if I want a game I buy it so maybe Arms since it isn't out yet.
>>
>>379073239
I very much understand it, because Disgaea facilitates and encourages either style of play.

I like a balanced team of bumbling bumpkins doing elaborate combos, but I can see the allure of metagaming and abusing the fuck out of Disgaea games. It's really one of the few games that tells you that you can do it and even mocks and jokes about it on its own fucking box art.
>>
>>379073239
That's exactly the kind of play that Disgaea is all about though.
It's just that until D5 they've always managed to balance it enough to where there is more than one valid option and an actual progression to get to that level. In D5 it's literally just make a Sage, eat some crit curry, and Land Decimator spam to victory, everything else is complete garbage in comparison.
>>
>>379066740
MGSV Extended Super Ultimate ## Complete
>>
>>379066906
He's probably emulating on an old version.
>>
>>379070415
The whole "uniques are better than generics" in D5 is more for minmaxing than anything, see >>379071831 and >>379069137

You can still make your team of generics and go through the game like that, it just will require some more effort and/or strategy.

I mean, for DD2 there is a video of someone soloing maxed difficulty LoC Baal, the ultimate boss in the game, with a male healer. And the version of that fight in DD2 is quite long.
>>
>>379071831
>bottom floor in item world

Well, I guess it has to end eventually. Does it end in other games?
>>
>>379076351
It actually doesn't have an end in D5, they over simplified the entire system and just let you go indefinitely.
The other games all have an actual end at Floor 100 so you have to make good use of the floors you get and manipulate stat growths to get perfect items. D5 just lets you do whatever the fuck you want and go indefinitely until all your stats are maxed out.
>>
>>379076706
Well, that's kinda lame but not terrible.

What do you like most about the series, seeing as you've platinumed all of them?
>>
>>379066740
the complete collection of train simulator on PC with all its DLC
>>
File: 1471925138558.jpg (394KB, 853x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1471925138558.jpg
394KB, 853x1000px
>>379066740
W-What's the context behind this? Or at least what should I search for to find footage?
>>
>>379077574
It's just one of those skits you get inbetween episodes
>>
Bannerlord 2
Pc
>>
FF XIV on PC, only if that means that EVERYTHING is completely free forever.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.