[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck is this game good? I've played it for four

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

File: header.jpg (59KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
59KB, 460x215px
How the fuck is this game good? I've played it for four hours now and the only thing I can kill without getting one-hit killed is those scavengers. Every NPC kills me in one or two hits, most monsters kill me in one or two hits. If this is what the "best RPG series" has to offer then I'll gladly play literally anything else.
>>
You're trash at it that's all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQgTa7qS9wg
>>
>>379065175
if you've played it for 4 hours and can't kill a scavenger, then you're really trash at combat
>>
>>379065175
Litteraly unironically git gud OP
>>
You can always stand on a rock and fill things with arrows if you're this awful.
>>
>>379065175
1. Train strenght. Strenght=damage
2. Get atleast the first level in sword waving
3. Don't attack people with clearly better armor than you.
>>
>>379066761
Learn to read senpai, I said I can kill scavengers. Probably because they're the only monster that can't kill me in one hit.

>>379066867
I tried that, but most of the time the arrows will miss or hit the target and the game decides that specific arrow didn't count. And once I do hit an enemy with arrows, they just run up to the cliff face and from there on, I can't hit the enemy anymore.

>>379066941

>Don't attack people with clearly better armor than you

I bought the first armor you can afford for 250 ore, and did the quest for Scatty where I fight some fuckwad in the arena. Dude whipped out his sword and sliced me up before I managed to get a single hit on him. Gameplay.

>>379066848
no u
>>
>>379065175
Fucking retard
>>
>>379067252
kys
>>
>>379065175
breaking news op: you're the new guy in prison and not a special snowflake that's getting rail roaded through the game. you've got to work yourself up the food chain.
>>
>>379067213
>>379067289
Holy fuck you're a whinge a faggot
>>
>>379067335
And I understand that, but how am I supposed to "work myself up the food chain" if I don't stand a chance against anything other than scavengers?

>>379067337
You insulted me for no reason, I insulted you for no reason.
>>
>>379067213
>bought the first armor
Litteraly no reason to do this. Get a better weapon as soon as possible. Weapons>armor in gothic
>>
>>379067667
Fuck, I thought since I get killed quick by most things, armor would help. However the 10 protection against weapons doesn't seem to do much.

Should I just start over and see if my luck changes?
>>
>>379067605
Fuck off you faggot
>>
>>379067842
Lead by example, faggot
>>
>>379067605
>train strength
>train one armed combat
>do non-combat quests
>use guides to lead you to all the camps
>guides will kill plenty of mobs, you'll get all the exp
>exhaust all quests in each camp until you can't progress any further without joining one
>learn lock picking and steal everything inside the old camp buildings
>>
>>379067814
I mean you could reset but thats up to you. The point is that you want to kill things faster than they can kill you
>>
>>379067921
Eat shit
>>
>>379067934
>>379067953
Alright, I'll keep these things in mind next time I play.
>>
>>379067213
>id the quest for Scatty where I fight some fuckwad in the arena. Dude whipped out his sword and sliced me up before I managed to get a single hit on him. Gameplay.

Gee, it's almost like a trained fighter can school a rookie. Pro-tip: Fight the New Camp nigger. You'll lose horribly but Scatty will like you for going up against him.
>>
>>379065175
>he fell for the Gothic meme

Literally nobody thinks this is the best RPG series outside of few autistic krauts here who unironically shill it
>>
>>379069293
Ok, what IS the best RPG series? Arrow to the knee simulator?
>>
>>379065175
Upgrade your strength, learn 1 hand weapons (the guy in the old camp who's sitting in front of the arena can teach you) and maybe acrobatics if you get the chance (there's a teacher in the cave in the new camp)
It's sort of unavoidable to get hit here and there even if you press back and try to doge and block, but you will quickly do enough damage and be high enough level that things don't do much damage to you anymore that it doesn't become a problem

You are very weak at the beginning, feeling like just another guy who can get his shit pushed in by some prisoner with a club is part of what gives the world strength I think
>>
>>379069630
Oh also don't feel bad if you get hit, at the beginning when you have little HP you have an abundance of food that can heal you up easily and later on when food isn't cutting it anymore you have access to nice potions instead
You find some spell scrolls early on so if you feel like it's impossible to murder some enemy that is standing in your way and blocking your path to progress, like a wolf in the forest for example, you can try to just blast him with the charged up scroll and that will do the trick so you can move on

Reminder that you can cook raw meat in a pan over a fire
>>
>>379069378
Fallout, Ultima, Witcher for example are all much better franchises than Gothic.
>>
MAD

BECAUSE

BAD
>>
>>379065175
The controlls of the game are really shitty.
>>
>>379069630
>learn 1 hand weapons

This really does help a lot because it's not just stats but actually changes your moveset, if you learn the skill you can time swings from left to right in a way that will stop shitty monsters from closing up on you so Scavengers and shit basically become non-entities
>>
Gothic 3 is a good game with patches
>>
>>379070401
It's still empty as fuck though and full of bullshit enemies like Undead mages
>>
Its funny to watch Gothic games break Soulscucks
>>
>>379065175
git gut
>>
>>379065175
You are SUPPOSED to be weak as shit.

Just fyi:
The experience you get from enemies is their level times ten.
Those meatbugs you kill early on give you ten XP.
You start at level zero.

The fucking roaches are on a higher level than you.
>>
Ignore the assholes in this thread pretending that they're hot shit.

It's not about getting good IRL, it's about getting good in the game. You just have to realize that your character is a literal who with no experience whatsoever. Get armor, but more importantly: find the guy who teaches you how to use a sword so your character doesn't swing like a retard. The game fucks with you for hours on end in the beginning, don't let it win.
>>
I had to do a refund because first of all why would I pay for a game where I and II don't work without external patches??

May as well just pirate at that point not that I will with it being this fucked to run.
>>
>>379067934
Sounds like a bunch of bullshit busy work.
>>
>>379065175
Let me guess, you grew up playing console games
>>
>>379072645
>buying old games on steam
>>
File: G1_goblins party.jpg (67KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
G1_goblins party.jpg
67KB, 768x576px
Key thing to realize in Gothic is you want to make every fight 1v1. Which can be a bitch sometimes.
>>
>>379066941
>2. Get atleast the first level in sword waving

This is very important and you want combat training ASAP because it makes you much more viable in combat by unlocking proper moves.
>>
>>379073230
>not stealing everything you can
>not exhausting every quest in each area
>not doing quests that can be solved without combat first
>not using city guards to cheese strong enemies for good early game exp

it's like you've never played a rpg before
>>
>>379074280
Why have we had this thread at least once a day preceding the steam sale and during it?
>>
>>379069378
>Ok, what IS the best RPG series?

It's a pointless question when you consider just how varied RPGs are. Are you talking turn-based or real-time? Maybe their hybrids? What generation are we talking about - SSI, IE or modern? It's basically why if you really get into it any well-versed RPG fans cannot agree on this shit and "What's an RPG?" is a loaded question.
>>
OP here, thanks for the advice.

>>379069825
Is it more worth to cook it and save it as food? I usually just save a shit load of blueberries, various plants and mushrooms for when I need to heal - and end up selling the huge amounts of Raw Meat that I manage to gather.

>>379069183
Yeah good point, my bad. I did fight that new camp guy and Scatty said he was impressed by my courage, but I thought I needed to beat that Old Camp guy for Scatty to speak up for me in-front of Diego.

>>379070072
Here's your (You)
>>379074186
Nope, grew up playing CS1.6, Lineage 2 and some other various PC games. Never really gave games like this a chance when I was young.
>>
>>379074862
I would just keep it for food until you actually need to buy a thing, then you can usually just give the merchant the food you have on you instead of selling the food at some earlier point, not eating any of it and then giving the money you got back to the merchant when you want to buy something
>>
uninstall this trash and play the modern, superior witcher 3
>>
>>379065175
Gothic is one of the only games in the industry where developers don't approve instant gratification. If you think that a pipsqueak should be able to run around killing stuff like a veteran with the best gear the money can buy, like it happens in almost every game out there, then you are gravely mistaken.

IRL if they give you a sword, one single wolf will tear you apart. Why should it be different in vidya? Get dat sweet exp everywhere you can, and in the ned you will make a comeback on all those who bullied you.
>>
File: 14384471746140.png (243KB, 430x272px) Image search: [Google]
14384471746140.png
243KB, 430x272px
>>379075134
> superior
>>
>>379075134
Already completed it and feel dead inside.
>>
File: I've made a horrible mistake.jpg (442KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
I've made a horrible mistake.jpg
442KB, 1920x1080px
>>379075134
I wish Witcher 3 took more cues from Gothic like CDPR hinted at they were trying to, specifically in less overt shit like monster and gear levels. It exists in Gothic like it does in every RPG, but the entire thing is very much behind the scenes.
>>
>>379074472
>dat feel when you're supposed to observe how they fight you to learn how to fight Trolls

>>379076694
People today can't really handle a game like Gothic. They'd complain that game is withholding information from them.
>>
>>379065175
>this is what endless handhold Ing and retard level totorial have produced

Kill yourself and don't touch that game again. Gothic does not deserve to be played by the waste of space that you are.
>>
>>379074650
Oh I've played them. just not like a klepto faggot who spends hours hauling pewter mugs around.
>>
>>379078158
This is such a modern mindset. You want EVERY advantage you can get in a game that's stacked against you from the get-go. If you don't learn sneaking and lockpicking to clear out every house in the Old Camp then what are you even doing?
>>
File: 1489888309996.png (40KB, 324x305px) Image search: [Google]
1489888309996.png
40KB, 324x305px
>>379078056
You know what anon, I'll keep playing this game just for you. Go hang yourself like the waste of oxygen that you are.
>>
File: 1465414281568.jpg (30KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1465414281568.jpg
30KB, 450x450px
>>379070980
Eyoo
>>
It's incredible to see you kids struggling with this, but keep trying, it's a good game.
>>
>>379079402
Do it, that guy's a fuckhead. The endgame feel when you can literally walk into any town and slaughter everyone is so fucking worth the initial struggle. Do me a favor though and never become an elitist asshole like him.
>>
>>379065175
Trzymaj siÄ™, kolego.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.