[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Calls himself a Metroid fan. Doesn't even buy Metroid games.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 23

File: She ain't look too good.png (39KB, 619x377px) Image search: [Google]
She ain't look too good.png
39KB, 619x377px
Calls himself a Metroid fan. Doesn't even buy Metroid games. Why do you expect Nintendo to revive a franchise nobody cares about?
>>
I don't buy shitty games, let alone shitty Metroid games
>>
>>379056747
>Developer: Unknown
did they get erased by the yakuza for making a shitty game
>>
>>379056747
>Metroid fans clamor and borderline beg for a new proper mainline Metroid game for years (and still do)
>Here, have a super deformed spinoff title that nobody asked for

I hope they aren't surprised at the shitty sales of it.
>>
>>379056979
Next Level Games made it, they work exclusively with Nintendo now.
>>
>>379056747
This turd was iOS tier and not worth the Metroid name.
For fucks sake, it didn't even have budget. Despite being a 3DS title it had much, MUCH worse visuals than the DS Prime game.
>>
>>379057384
They'd be better off dead. They're gonna slowly fade away with projects like that.
>>
>>379056747
vote with your wallet, no one wants that trash
>>
>>379057445
>slowly fade away
>implying they were ever not "faded away"
Check their track record
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Next_Level_Games
>>
File: 1412830777666.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1412830777666.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>379056747

The game itself wasn't bad, I think it would have been better if they made it a new IP. Slapping Metroid on it fucked it over too much.
>>
>>379056747
this isn't a real metroid game

call me when nintendo makes a 2D metroid
>>
>>379056747
It's not the fans fault if companies ruin franchises with garbage. And blaming the fans for not supporting it is even more retarded.
>>
>>379057514
Luigi's Mansion sold over 5 million. They're not bad developers, they just need a good project to work on.
>>
>>379057572
>Luigi's Mansion
>NLG
Nope faggot, they only made the 3DS garbage known as Luigi's Mansion 2, they had nothing to do with the original.
>>
>>379056747
Nintenbros only care about Mario, Zelda and Fire Emblem.
>>
Why would anyone expect a revival if they didn't care in the first place
>>
>>379057673
>Nintenbros
Nintentoddlers*
>>
At this point it's because I'm a Metroid fan that I wish it will die
>>
>>379057572
Anything that have mario or some mario connection is going to sell millions.

They can take Supreme Commander, reskin it with mario characters and publish it on the WiiU and it will sell millions.

It doesn't mean that they are good developers (look at the rest of the list).
>>
>>379057629
Yeah, I was obviously talking about the sequel, retard.
>>379058309
So what. Dark Moon was great.
>>
>>379056747
Prime fans are the worst. Don't complain that a generic fps killed a platforming series but bitch about federation force
>>
>>379059519
Where did this "Metroid Prime is a generic FPS"-meme come from?
>>
>>379056747
Honestly, if it was just not buying, I would have empathize with the Metroid fans. It was their way of saying they like the franchise but don't like this particular game. That tantrum that they threw though, that was uncalled for and quite possibly make me never want another Metroid game again since we don't need any more of cancerous fanbase like that.
>>
File: 1491526844839.jpg (196KB, 640x619px) Image search: [Google]
1491526844839.jpg
196KB, 640x619px
>>379059519
>Metroid Prime
>Generic FPS
>>
File: poop.jpg (38KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
poop.jpg
38KB, 640x480px
>>379056747
This is your logic, now fuck off.
>>
>>379059519
>Metroid Prime
>generic FPS
Literally Moviebob.
>>
>>379059651
How do you expect a fanbase like that to react?
Like seriously, they take a beloved franchise that didn't have a game in at least 6 years and just slap the name of that onto some lazy shovelware, most fanbases would react exactly like the metroid fanbase did.
>>
File: 1481314365564.jpg (73KB, 600x643px) Image search: [Google]
1481314365564.jpg
73KB, 600x643px
the sad part is that nintendies actually do have this mindset. they believe buying amiibos and rebuying the same ROMs four times helps nintendo so one day they might finally produce a real game.
>>
>>379056747
The petitons to cancel Federation Force may end up saving the Metroid franchise.
Nintendo may have planned to use Federation Force as a way to see if people still care about Metroid games, and if it flopped, they'd kill the franchise. But by making petitions, the fans made it clear that they do still care about Metroid, and that there is a market, even without buying it.
Even if the petiton to cancel the game didn't actually get the game cancelled, it may have shown Nintendo that the Metroid franchise could get another chance.
>>
this game started off as a non-franchised Nintendo game. It was Nintendo's idea to theme it to a franchise they have thinking it would sell more. They sadly choose the one fanbase that thinks it as an insult.

That poor developer team, they didn't deserve they hate they got. They just wanted to make a game, not a metroid one.
>>
>>379059943
>tfw you will never feed her a slice of the pietriarchy
>>
Maybe not a revive it with a shitty spinoff that might as well have no relation to Metroid?
>>
>>379059896
What? Like almost every other Nintendo franchise? Mario whatever sports, Link Tingle spinoff, and such? Hell, Metroid got a pinball game. Get off your goddamn high horse, Nintendo have always done these types of spinoffs. The point isn't to mock the fanbase but to try something new and different. Hence the goddamn point of a spinoff. And many other franchises never even get another game, period. The fact that they're willing to go back to Metroid is that they want to see what future this franchise has. But no, instead of simply just not buying it, they just threw an autistic hissyfit and destroyed everything. The Metroid franchise doesn't need more and better games, it needs better fans.
>>
File: wnfyyiakckla7hs0ptqb.jpg (80KB, 800x536px) Image search: [Google]
wnfyyiakckla7hs0ptqb.jpg
80KB, 800x536px
I think it was a good game, and it would have done great if it didn't have the shitty chibi graphics.

You guys may not remember, but /v/ always dreamed of a spinoff game related to the federation, I would not be surprised if the person that pitched the idea came here to the threads pretty often during the 2008-2011.

But the art style man, really what the fuck they were thinking, the 3DS is not suppose to be as strong as the Game Cube?
>>
>>379060273
>>379060273
>Like almost every other Nintendo franchise? Mario whatever sports, Link Tingle spinoff, and such?
Those are in no way comparable, as those series haven't been practically dead since a decade.
>The point isn't to mock the fanbase but to try something new and different.
Well, and had they also made it good the backlash against this game wouldn't even have fucking existed. If the game actually took some inspiration from Metroid besides the goddamn name people would have probably been alright with it. The goddamn game looked worse than Hunters on the DS for gods sake.
>And many other franchises never even get another game, period.
And I bet you fans of those franchises are very happy they don't get sequels like Federation Force.
>The fact that they're willing to go back to Metroid is that they want to see what future this franchise has.
No, they just saw that Next Level Games had a prototype for a game and threw the name on it to maybe get a few sales out of it.
>>
>>379056747
If this is what the future of Metroid looks like, then I'm sad to say that I wish it stays dead.
>>
>>379060970
The fact that you say FF is a sequel goes to show how much of an idiot you are. They wanted to do something different, so they did. It was a new idea in the vast Metroid verse. Hence why it was a goddamn spinoff. But no, you fuckers can't even get that thought through your head. That somehow FF was suppose to replace Metroid when it was, at best, a side story.
>>
>>379056747
There are only 2 Metroid fans. Unfortunately they're very active on 4chan and reddit because they don't have any Metroid games to play.
>>
>>379061524
Even if you just fucking say it is a sidestory and a spin-off, it still completely misses the fucking mark of what people want from 3D Metroid. It's not a fucking experiment, it's not something different for the sake of being different, it's not a new idea in the vast Metroid universe, it is a cheap shovelware title on which they stamped the Metroid name because they couldn't find any other way to make the game seem appealing in any fucking way.
>>
File: David Mitch-lel.jpg (46KB, 682x600px) Image search: [Google]
David Mitch-lel.jpg
46KB, 682x600px
>>379059943
>AlphaOmegaSin with a haircut
>>
>morons want more metroid
>they mak other M
>"wahhhh this is too different!"

>morons want more metroid
>the make FF, literally a pocket Prime game
>"wahhhh this is too much of the same and ugly!"
>>
>>379056747
This is my favorite meme. People want things but don't want to back other things.
>>379059519
Pls anon recommend me more generic fps games with lock-on I must find it much harder than you to find them.
>>
>>379061818
Nigga, Metroid had a pinball game. Pokemon had a conquest type game, Kirby had a racing game. Spinoffs are not suppose to be exactly like its mainstream game, it's suppose to try out something different. Just having the franchise name on it does not mean it has to be exactly the same each and every time.
>>
File: 1466183422223.jpg (63KB, 500x591px) Image search: [Google]
1466183422223.jpg
63KB, 500x591px
Never forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLMwQ4I55Fo
>>
>>379062119
>People want X
>Give them Y with the X logo slapped on it
>>
>>379062778
You mean like Metroid Prime?
>>
>>379060273
>Metroid got a pinball game
And you'll notice no one complained. In fact I hear it was downright swell. No one cared for a real simple reason: that spinoff was released during the Metroid renaissance. Prime and Echoes and Fusion and Zero Mission had come and gone, and Corruption was still waiting in the wings. Metroid was alive and doing great. Federation Force? The lone Metroid release after a 6-year hiatus. A hiatus that followed the release of far and away the most reviled entry in the franchise. Other M put the series on ice so hard people were worried we wouldn't get another game ever again. Zelda's 25th anniversary was celebrated with all sorts of cool stuff, Metroid's was ignored outright. And then out of nowhere, Nintendo casually reveals a Metroid... spinoff.

You have to understand, being a spinoff was not the issue. But right away people had that same thought expressed in this very thread. "Will they decide the fate of the series on the success of this game?" Because that would be a heinous play on their part. To put the future of a franchise entirely on the shoulders of a spinoff that eschews the core gameplay and design elements the series is known for (isolated atmosphere and exploration in a large interconnected map) in favour of a level-based multiplayer action game? And to do so with not even a whisper of another game in the series for several years before nor leading up to launch? And after the previous game already pissed off a massive percentage of their existing fanbase with how offensively shitty it was? That's the problem.

A spinoff surrounded by success is fine, they're messing around while they can afford to and see what happens, and if it goes south oh well, the main series games have been excellent and there's another coming already. A spinoff tossed out to die a lonely and inevitable death when they should have been working on stabilizing the series after fan confidence had been shaken so badly? Colossal and obvious mistake.
>>
>>379062119
>they mak other M
>"wahhhh this is too different!"
The main issue with Other M was that it was too shitty.

>FF, literally a pocket Prime game
Literally nothing like a Prime game other than being first-person.
>>
>>379062802
Entirely the opposite of Prime actually, where people wanted X and thought they would get Y, and then it turned out to be X after all once they got it.
>>
>>379062142
Are you even listening? People don't mind those Spin-Offs because they know that they are going to get non-spin-off games as well. People didn't mind Metroid Pinball because that came out just a year after Zero Mission and Prime 2 and people knew that more Metroid was to come.

Metroid Prime is basically a spin-off and most people love that shit, because it was a good game, that took elements from the other Metroid games, like the music, the atmosphere, the characters, and put them in a different kind of game, a game that they actually put effort into.
And that came out on the same fucking day as Metroid Fusion, so they still made "more or less" classic Metroid games as well.
>>379062843
You basically wrote the same stuff that I wanted to wrote expect way more eloquent.
>>
>>379056747
>headed by Kensuke "if we shove Tingle down everyone's throats people will finally accept him" Tanabe

Metroid needs new producers and directors because he and Sakamoto have single handedly killed the franchise.
>>
File: 1496154231821.jpg (92KB, 1200x880px) Image search: [Google]
1496154231821.jpg
92KB, 1200x880px
Im done giving money to nintendo.
Even if they made a new game, im not buying a switch for it. They have lost my respect for multiple reasons.

besides, they stopped caring about metroid when they gave other M the green light.
>>
>>379062843
Nigga, Metroid franchise was not a huge franchise. Any success or failure would not do much to affect whether more games would be made. Kid Icarus wasn't a particularly a successful game, still gotten a sequel many years down the line. It all depends on whether or not the developers can find something interesting to do with it. The spinoff is just that, to test out new waters, to see if there is anything else in the franchise beyond Samus. If you didn't like it, you could have simply chosen to not buy it, not bitch and rampage around BEFORE IT WAS EVEN RELEASED!
>>
File: shit.jpg (71KB, 802x437px) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
71KB, 802x437px
>>379056747
>>
>>379056858
>shitty Metroid games
Why did you write shitty twice?
>>
File: U-Mos.png (995KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
U-Mos.png
995KB, 1280x718px
>>
>>379056747
I did buy Super, Fusion and the Prime trilogy though.
>>
>>379063056
So you don't care about whether or not the games will be good as long as you're getting more? I swear, if anyone complains about CoD and rehashes, I am going to bring you Metroid fuckers up about this.
>>
File: Metroid Prime Hunters.jpg (132KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Metroid Prime Hunters.jpg
132KB, 800x600px
Metroid Prime Hunters was underrated as fuck.
>>
File: 1494770858439.jpg (39KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1494770858439.jpg
39KB, 375x375px
>>379056747
>Makes a non-Metroid game
>Slaps Metroid's name on it
>Expects people to buy it
>>
>>379063342
>Metroid franchise was not a huge franchise.
Then why did they choose to slap the Metroid name unto Federation Force? Had they just named it something else the game might even have sold better.
>It all depends on whether or not the developers can find something interesting to do with it.
If by "finding something interesting" you mean "taking away all of the things that make Metroid interesting and make something completely fucking different".
>to see if there is anything else in the franchise beyond Samus.
Considering how much people like Samus as a character, there was no fucking reason to go anywhere else.

Federation Force didn't gain anything from being a Metroid game and Metroid as a series didn't gain anything by this game.
>>
File: GFED Marines.png (582KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
GFED Marines.png
582KB, 1024x1024px
These guys are supposed to be badasses.
>>
>>379063864
Literally my first Metroid. I still have the demo cart somewhere.
>>
>>379064000
But according to Other M they're being manipulated and are actually evil just like in Aliens.
>>
File: Adam Malkovitch.jpg (25KB, 620x355px) Image search: [Google]
Adam Malkovitch.jpg
25KB, 620x355px
>>379064156
Other M wanted to be Aliens so badly.
>>
>>379063864
I just recently replayed it, it was really fast paced but really undewhelming. You were railroaded massively, there were like four or five rooms to a visit and everything else was locked off and when you return with the proper guns to unlock stuff it just adds like five or six rooms to the total. Also, Guardians/Hunters in more or less every major room was irritating as all hell, and it not only had repetitive boss battles (It's the same boss repeated three or four times except with two or three different types of bosses), but it also had tons of missable scans and even a couple missable items.

It's not bad but at the same time it got really annoying at times with regards to Guardians that locked doors or Hunters that just sort of strafe run wasting your time.
>>
>>379063920
Bullshit, after MOM, Samus was a joke. FF was trying to be something besides the usual Metroid formula, hence the point of it being a spinoff. Again, as my original point, if you didn't like it, then you don't like it and didn't have to buy it. The tantrum before it was released, that was completely uncalled for. If you can defend that, then I was right, the Metroid fanbase is the cancer that is destroying the franchise.
>>
>>379064258
so did Metroid.
>>
>>379064156
Aliens didn't invent that trope though, that shit has been happening IRL for a very long time.
>>
File: Space Warrior.jpg (213KB, 600x826px) Image search: [Google]
Space Warrior.jpg
213KB, 600x826px
>>
>>379064319
>The tantrum before it was released, that was completely uncalled for.
If you seriously don't think that most fanbases would react in the same way you are delusional.
>>
In the Prime games the Federation is depicted as benevolent if a bit overstretched. Fusion and Other M have them as little better than Weyland Yutani.
>>
File: MetroidGuide3.png (2MB, 1588x3288px) Image search: [Google]
MetroidGuide3.png
2MB, 1588x3288px
>>379059565
>Where did this "Metroid Prime is a generic FPS"-meme come from?

shitposters
>>
thats not a metroid game
>>
>>379064748
On that magnitude? Over a spinoff? Hardly. If it was sequel like DMC, that was understandable, but over something that was never meant to be more than a diversion and clearly trying to be different from the mainstream game? The fact that you're trying to defend that type of behavior goes to show how crap the fanbase is. Just admit they shouldn't have done that, and everything would have been fine.
>>
>>379056747

Metroid doesn't fit on the demographics Ninty consoles go for.

Metroid Prime 4 would work so well on PC and PS4.

Oh they could do something smart and take that MII remake, polish it, and release it for the Switch.
>>
File: 1416009710830.jpg (157KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1416009710830.jpg
157KB, 707x1000px
>>
File: 1487653840132.jpg (227KB, 1024x1820px) Image search: [Google]
1487653840132.jpg
227KB, 1024x1820px
>>
>>379056747
>Prime
That's why
>>
File: Inafune created metroid prime.png (49KB, 959x427px) Image search: [Google]
Inafune created metroid prime.png
49KB, 959x427px
They need to bring back the creator of Metroid Prime, Keiji Inafune.
>>
>>379056747
>"how can you say you love someone if you haven't eaten her shit"
>>
File: WhyOtherMSucks.png (902KB, 912x1434px) Image search: [Google]
WhyOtherMSucks.png
902KB, 912x1434px
>>379064959
that fanbase expecting something good after the abomination known as Other M was released. >>379064959
>>
File: 1481390612280.gif (3MB, 396x299px) Image search: [Google]
1481390612280.gif
3MB, 396x299px
>>379065350
>>
>want good metroid games
>op thinks supporting shit metroid games will make that happen
Retard. The only thing this will accomplish is nintendo making more terrible metroid games. If you want I'll run out and buy 20 million copies of Other M right now and you can be playing Other M 2 on your switch in 3 years.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.