[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You are now looking at the peak of content in a fighting game.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: Tekken 5.jpg (410KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Tekken 5.jpg
410KB, 1600x1200px
You are now looking at the peak of content in a fighting game.

This game set the bar over a decade ago and is still yet to be topped.
>An entire third person beat 'em up game included as a side mode thrown near the bottom of the main menu below everything
>Can emulate the first 3 games in their entirety
>Tons of unique and complex fighters that take months to get good at, portion of them have to be unlocked and aren't just thrown out there from the beginning to appease FGC autists
>Every single stage is great, with god-tier music
>Story mode for every single character
>Survival
>Team Battle
>Character customization

And this was achieved in 2004. What excuse do today's fighting games have?
>>
>>379055397
Gens 7 and 8 happened.
>>
>>379055397
>>Story mode for every single character
You mean an Arcade mode ending?
>>
>>379055397
Fighters were more about single player content those days, Tekken 7 is more focused on multiplayer & balance

if you want single player, go get Injustice 2
>>
>>379055397
Why do casuals always act like they like fighting games but never actually like the fighting game part of the game?

Its like gow people say they loved Soul Calibur 3 when that was pure garbage or Mortal Kombat Armageddon because they had garbage game modes
>>
>>379055397
Devs care about pretty graphics, and nothing else so you get games with much larger filesizes but maybe half of the content older games had.
>>
>>379055397
At the end of the day the singleplayer content is still uninteresting and unlocking characters is just completely unnecessary. Get fucked, autist.
>>
>>379056546
so whats the deal with Tekken 7 then? why do the girls faces look really weird and sharp and pointy compared to Tag2?
>>
>>379055397
The FGC happened.
>>
>>379056379
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE CONTENT IS FOR CASUALS

End yourself fgc scum
>>
>>379055397
You saw all the hype for Tekken 7 and made this post. Admit it. Tekken 5 was a good game but Tekken 7 expanded the formula and made it so any character can win as opposed to having Dragunov and Bob korean backdash all day while laughing at the opponent
>>
>>379056379
Sounds lime it's YOU who doesn't like fighting games anon.
>reeeeeeeeeee my rock paper sciccors online mode compettitve 1%, training stage only and nothing else plz reeeeeeeeeee

Im all for competitive as well anon, but you fags tey to ruin what fighting games are for everyone.
>>
>>379055397
anon, tekken dark resurrection and tag 2 have beaten it
>>
>>379055397
that today people will defend a fighting game costing 60 bucks and having no features.
>>
File: image.jpg (102KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102KB, 480x270px
>>379055397
If none of you were around for Tekken 5:DRO on the PS3 between 07-09 then you don't know SHIT because that was a magical fucking time for the first online Tekken community. R.I.P my restless youth.
>>
>>379059352
I wish there was an online for the psp version. There's one for tekken 6 with the pro online plugin but it's laggy as shit.
>>
>>379055397
Naruto games have more content
>>
>>379059834
Naruto games are sorry excuses for fanservice, not fighting games
>>
>>379055397
there was also that space ship game whenever you start
>>
>>379061425
they are fighting games and your game hasbeen beaten. grow up
>>
>>379056379
This.

But I actually loved Soul Calibur 3 too even if it wasn't great for multiplayer
>>
>>379056379
those soul calibur people are just people chilling and playing it
never taking the time to learn the game in depth just for fun playing together or taking turns trying to ascend

those parts of the game are still important
>>
>>379055397
I'M HERE NOW

T2 > T5 > T3 > T1 > TTT > T7 > T4
>>
>>379061650
>T1
>Better than anything
>Much less better than TTT

Shit taste confirmed.
>>
>>379055397
>"Tons of unique and complex fighters that take months to get good at."
This is false, if you're talking about characters themselves. Tekken is a fairly complex game, but all characters essentially play the same.
>>
>An entire third person beat 'em up game included as a side mode thrown near the bottom of the main menu below everything

I liked Tekken 5 but let's be honest. Tekken Force was garbage and probably didn't need to be added to the game
>>
>>379055397
Agreed, you also forgot to mention that it came with starblade. That said I am having fun with 7.
>>
>>379061849
>but all characters essentially play the same.

This is a lie. How could you post this with a straight face?
>>
>>379061958
They all play the same.
I play Nina, Kaz, Yoshi, DJ, Jin, King, Lee etc. Despite small details (like knowing a combo throw which you can employ, and which characters have reversals matchup specific stuff), once you learn one Tekken character, you learn them all aside from combo execution. Compare this to something like playing Potemkin compared to playing Venom.
>>
>>379061537
By what exactly?
>>
>>379062208
This is bullshit. I honestly don't give a fuck who you play because it doesn't make your post any more invalid.

You're trying to say that all the characters play the same, but that's bullshit when you compare characters like Lei, Hwoarang, Xiaoyu, Asuka, Jack, Bryan, and pretty much every other character who's movelists are completely different from each other, not to mention all the character specific techniques and shit that are required to play them competently.

It doesn't matter how many characters you play when you don't actually know how to play them. Making some basic blanket statement like they all play essentially the same shows how little you actually know your characters.
>>
>>379062490
You're 100% right;
>"Who I play doesn't make my post any more invalid."
Thanks for confirming.

I know Nina and Kazuya incredibly well actually, because that was my TTT2 team. I still have basically all their frame data memorized from TTT2.

And yes, all the characters play pretty much the same in Tekken; learn BnBs, the handful of good pokes, rekkas/block strings, and any gimmick stances/combo throws/reversals, and special movement options. Watch a handful of Korea-time matches to see what pokes to use. That's it. There's a bit to it, but since execution is so low/similar (even multiple ewgf combo or iWS loops), movement is so similar, and oki is so similar you can pick up pocket characters in a say or two.

Try that with GG.
>>
>>379055397
>And this was achieved in 2004. What excuse do today's fighting games have?

Consumers are ok with this.

If you want to send them a message, boycott the games. Chances are they won't mind.
>>
>>379061792
babby confirmed, FOH
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.