[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Go to play binding of Isaac, a game that I've had in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: zkZyg.png (128KB, 810x630px) Image search: [Google]
zkZyg.png
128KB, 810x630px
>Go to play binding of Isaac, a game that I've had in my steam library forever
>Plug in controller, obviously I want analogue sticks in a twin stick shooter
>Controller doesn't work
>This is in the menu

Is this nigga for real? It doesn't support controllers natively, and I doubt this joytokey thing will support analogue sticks.

Who the fuck tells someone to install a third party piece of software to use a controller? Especially on a game which clearly looks like it should be played with analogue sticks. This made me so fucking angry.
>>
>>379054189
That's the shitty old version that Edmund made in like a month. Go play Rebirth if you want a much better Isaac experience
>>
games better with keyboard, theres no angles you can shoot at just cardinal directions
>>
The game was programmed in Flash, which is a garbage programming language. There was probably legitimately no way for him to make a controller work when he made the game.

The sequels have full controller support and function much better
>>
>>379054273
Can't Mom's Knife go at a diagonal? Or did they add that in Rebirth?
>>
>>379054189
Man, I hope Edmund remakes this game with controller support, 60 FPS, more items, enemies, floors, endings, characters, challenges, and paths where items actually synergize with each other and the music is shittier soon

If only...
>>
>>379054369
I have worked with flash for several years you can support most controllers and hell you can download libraries that do it for you.
Not an excuse.
>>
>>379054436
Only at 45 degree increments, which you get by holding both directions down on the keyboard
>>
>>379054458
yeah, and then he can release 2 expansion packs that are shit and add a bunch of garbage items that fuck up your item pool and make you more likely to have boring runs, and bosses that are just bullet sponges with scaling health
>>
>>379054497
How about "the non-shitty version of this game does have controller support"

Does that excuse work for you?
>>
>>379054497
Because flash is such a shitty language there could have been complications or reasons that certain libraries or methods couldn't be used. The game already lags badly in some sections, adding on some code to detect controllers might have made it unplayable.
>>
>>379054684
Yeah yeah, I'm not denying rebirths existence but I'm just refuting the flash meme because I don't think Edmund is a particularly good programmer and I'm glad he got Nicalis to fix his bullshit.
>>
File: 1480949641992.jpg (29KB, 412x430px) Image search: [Google]
1480949641992.jpg
29KB, 412x430px
I JUST WANT A NON FLASH VERSION OF THIS GAME TO ENJOY THE BEST GRAPHICS AND SOUNDTRACK ISAAC EVER HAD IN REAL SPEED.

WRATH OF THE LAMB ETERNAL EDITION IS THE PERFECT EXPERIENCE OF THE BINDING OF ISAAC, SHITBIRTH NEVER CAME CLOSE
>>
>>379054826
The reason flash is a laggy piece of shit is because of developers constant use of displayobjects to render massive amounts of particles.

You can make rebirth using Bitmaps and a copyPixels approach with BitmapData and various matrix transformations for rotation effects and the game would run at insane speeds especially with the pixelated design they introduced with rebirth.

Although I wouldn't recommend it because flash is still shit, just again saying what is truthfully possible with the limitations of the platform.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.