[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone thinks BotW is just too damn overwhelming? There's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 21

File: 68}.jpg (556KB, 1746x2075px) Image search: [Google]
68}.jpg
556KB, 1746x2075px
Anyone thinks BotW is just too damn overwhelming?
There's just so much shit to do and the world is fucking massive.
>>
Nope.
This is easily the first truly OPEN open-world title I've player. Just exploring and doing "mundane" tasks is not only exciting, but also truly beneficial for the player. I've been playing it for the first time the last couple weeks, and only yesterday did I actually go and finish my first dungeon! Meanwhile, I already went and tried to beat the last boss earlier this week without any story progression; got my ass handed to me in the 2nd half of the fight, but it was enough to prove that it can be done.
>>
The world is fucking massive and a lot of fun but you can do it anon
If i did you can too.
Also you dont need to go everywhere. Its just better if you do
>>
>>379046194
>Just exploring and doing "mundane" tasks is not only exciting, but also truly beneficial for the player
This
>>
File: 904.jpg (282KB, 1237x1613px) Image search: [Google]
904.jpg
282KB, 1237x1613px
>>379046194
I've been playing since the game leaked back then, and I've JUST finished the desert dungeon and that's it. I have like 8 hearts and 2 stamina upgrades. I'm glacial pace

>>379046231
That's my problem. The world is too big and I want to explore every inch of it, even if there's nothing. It's really draining not knowing where to go sometimes
>>
>>379046545
The anatomy is pretty fucked in this one.
>>
>>379046545
Take my advice and don't climb too much. I did it a lot and kept entering areas from a weird angle, which trivialized a lot of challenges and removed the magic of entering a new biome. The novelty of being able to climb can't compete with following a carefully constructed path to a new location.
>>
>>379046049
>>379046545
>Tied up Gerudo girls

Literally the dumbest waifu art there is.
>>
>Urbosa will never force you to suck her dick, huff her farts and then crush your head between her thighs
>>
File: 547.jpg (361KB, 1380x1969px) Image search: [Google]
547.jpg
361KB, 1380x1969px
>>379047007
I tend to follow the paths, yeah. Climbing distracts me from my destination
>>379047092
better?
>>
I can't bring myself to do anything, because everything just amounts to a Korok Seed or a Shrine, neither of which I need.
>>
>>379047202
>better?
Much!
>>
>>379046049

>world is fucking massive.

You should have been there for Haven And Hearth, before the update that made it 3D.

That shit was incredibly huge, and there was no end of business you could get into.
>>
>>379047279
I know right? I can't be bothered doing anything in Super Mario Bros. It's like every time I finish a level, it just leads to ANOTHER level. I mean , what the fuck? What kind of game is that?
>>
>>379046545
>I've been playing since the game leaked back then, and I've JUST finished the desert dungeon and that's it.
pretty much the same, though I'm already on my 2nd line of hearts, got Legendary Sword, most accessories, etc.

>>379046545
>The world is too big and I want to explore every inch of it, even if there's nothing.
There's ALWAYS something. That's what surprised me.

And start exploring! It's fun.
>>
>>379047279
>I can't bring myself to do anything, because everything just amounts to a Korok Seed or a Shrine, neither of which I need.
Ah, blissful ignorance...
>>
>>379047279
Think of it like collecting the stars in mario 64 but this time there's 900. You get a shitty reward for collecting em all, but it's fun and comfy as fuck.
>>
>>379048828
>>379047279

I feel the same way about Tetris. I can't be bothered doing anything in that game. Every time I clear the blocks away, it just leads to more blocks and more lines, neither of which I need.
>>
The most important thing to remember about Breath of the Wild. Is probably that the simply traversing the land is by itself entertaining.

Take the infamous towers for instance. In Breath of the Wild I'd climb them even if they did nothing. Simply due to them being tall vantage points to look around as well as glide from.
>>
>>379047279
>>379048828
>>379049445

I like that with Resident Evil. I just can't be bothered doing anything in that game. Every time I get to a new area it's just more zombies and more keys, neither of which I need.
>>
>>379049474
This. While I think it still needed proper dungeons like Hyrule Castle, the game saves itself by making the act of simply exploring so fun.
>>
Overwhelming for my dick sure
>>
File: 1486152138461.png (468KB, 820x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486152138461.png
468KB, 820x720px
>>379047202
>>379046545
>>379046049
Give me Link being tied up.

Girls are so shit.
>>
File: kek v.jpg (139KB, 711x623px) Image search: [Google]
kek v.jpg
139KB, 711x623px
>>379049886
>a wild mentally ill freak appeared
>>
>>379049474
this.

it's funny how years of our generic and now hated "Ubisoft openworld games" made people prejudicely assume Zelda would merely recycle their design and thus bash it before it was even out.

BotW is IMO a fine example of great game design triumphing over mediocre ones, even if you're seemingly doing practically the same things in two different games. I personally dig just wandering around the landscape, suddenly changing course because I spot something interesting in the distance, but them shrines and towers do add landmarks and quick-travel routes, so it's worth the effort.
>>
File: 1483723569557.jpg (68KB, 750x726px) Image search: [Google]
1483723569557.jpg
68KB, 750x726px
>>379050004
I don't even like Link in that outfit but boys are wat hotter than girls, by far.

Also, the pic on the left makes me want to puke.
>>
>>379046049
Not at all. Play 10 hours and you've seen practically everything truly interestings that the game has to offer. You can go explore every nook and cranny but there's little to no reward for doing so. The absolute fucking least they could have done to reward exploration and combat is replace enemy encampment chests containing worthless weapons that'll just break one encounter later with koroks held hostage that you need to save. Too few enemy types, exploration is barely rewarded, half of the advertised shrines are either copy and pasted "test of strength" or "walk up this staircase, open the chest and claim your orb" ones. None of the "temples" were interesting in the slighest. It was an okay game, but definitely not what Zelda should be. The problem is they can never move away from this formula now since all of the normalfags loved it.
>>
File: 124.jpg (355KB, 1273x2084px) Image search: [Google]
124.jpg
355KB, 1273x2084px
>>379049886
>>
File: 1496012209586.jpg (67KB, 750x647px) Image search: [Google]
1496012209586.jpg
67KB, 750x647px
>>379050148
The towers are actually well implemented. In a world as vast and as open as BotW it would feel almost daunting without focus. Even though you can go anywhere and do anything, the player is subconsciously pulled towards these large glowing towers in the distance - reaching them gives the gameplay focus and gives the player an objective, even if they aren't aware of it. In other open world games - like MGSV for example - reaching objectives like this amounts to little more than staring at your minimap and manoeuvring yourself from A to B.

In BotW, working out how to get to your objective is part of the game. You're allowed to fashion your own solutions to exploring the environment.

And once you finally reach a tower and successfully scale it, each tower will always present you with a view of a least one or two shrines, allowing you to springboard yourself into more exploring.

The overworld design in BotW is exceptionally good.
>>
Yeah, I quit playing after Impa told me to go look for some locations based on the pictures on your slate. Fuuuuuuuck that shit.
>>
>>379046049
there's actually not much to do in the world content-wise.
you find seeds to increase your inventory caps, or mini dungeon shrines.
its a damn shame because the map itself is fucking great.
>>
File: 1482946474163.png (113KB, 416x340px) Image search: [Google]
1482946474163.png
113KB, 416x340px
>>379050768
I really want to tickle Link's feet until he cries and pees himself
>>
>>379050887
You mean that optional stuff that you aren't forced to do and can just ignore if you want?
>>
>>379050887
I was already 100 hours into the game when I first spoke with Impa.
>>
File: FOREVER_ASSBLASTED.jpg (3MB, 1000x5118px) Image search: [Google]
FOREVER_ASSBLASTED.jpg
3MB, 1000x5118px
>>379050895
>there's actually not much to do in the world content-wise.

Everytime.
>>
>>379051061
Sounds like you're a retarded faggot. You obviously should do the first bits to unlock all your bullshit features. You were just wandering around jerking off about how much you love wandering around like the hipster dipshit you are.
>>
Hyrule Castle and to a lesser extent Vah Naboris, makes me incredibly excited for another Zelda game. I hope the DLC can compete with Hyrule Castle though. If they truly want to sell another Zelda game like it, then it really should.

I really do hope they can pull off a Majora's Mask for Breath of the Wild though.
>>
>>379051035
>tickle feet
>pees
??
>>
If you want another BotW style Zelda you are the problem with games. They did it, it's done, fuck off and try something new.
>>
I wish there were Heart Pieces you could find instead of 4 shrines per Container.

I just wish some of the game was a bit more Zelda.
>>
>>379051308
Yes generally people will wet themselves if you tickle them when they have to pee.
>>
>>379051308
You never wet yourself when being tickled?
>>
They spent so much time creating the map and programing all the minor shit you and enemies can do with items that they didn't have enough time to make any real dungeons or bosses so they just made 100 rooms using the same assets.
>>
>>379046049
Eh. It can be at first, but you'll eventually run out of stuff to do. I got like 300 hours out of it so I'm not complaining, but at this point I'm basically down to just lynel hunting and the handful of shrine quests I never bothered to do.
>>
>>379051389
haven't
>>
>>379051226
>You obviously should do the first bits to unlock all your bullshit features.
Well I had no clue whatsoever you actually had to head towards Kakariko in order to get your other runes and in order to be able to upgrade your inventory.
Especially not with how they had pushed the idea of allowing you to go wherever in the all the pre-release promos. So I figured it couldn't hurt.

Of the things I could see from the plateau the mountains to west of Hyrule looked the most interesting to me. So I started off in that direction. And ended up in the Gerudo region first. After which I explored most of Hyrule in a counter clockwise fashion. Not visiting the Kakariko village until I had reached Akkala and the Akkala research lab. With how Robbie's notes kept mentioning Kakariko and Hateno village. Making me really excited about the prospects of rune upgrades.
>>
>>379051137
this is a defense force image that has to keep reaching to find content. don't take it seriously unless you're trying to troll.
>>
>>379051329
>I wish there were Heart Pieces you could find instead of 4 shrines per Container.
do dungeons then.

>I just wish some of the game was a bit more Zelda.
we've had 20+ years of "bit more Zelda" already. And if we wanna split hairs, BotW is the closest to THE original LoZ.
>>
I feel bad whenever I activate a tower because it feels like that's another piece of the game gone forever.

Thank god for menial progress stoppers.
>>
>>379050768
>toe tied

Nice.
I can fap to this
>>
>>379051035
>There will never be a doujin where Link meets Mipha for the first time and she discovers Link's golden water
>>
>>379051329
>I wish there were Heart Pieces you could find instead of 4 shrines per Container.

Thats the same as EVERY Zelda game. The heart pieces have been just been replaced by the spirit orbs but it's the same thing - collect 4 and get a new Heart Container.
>>
>>379051327
>fuck off and try something new.
it's not like BotW was anything "new", outside of breaking the series' stale formulas. It just did everything extremely well.
>>
>>379051329
A heart piece is just a more limited spirit orb. How is that an improvement?

I do kind of wish you could get spirit orbs without having to speak with the ancient sheikah monk mummies though.
>>
>>379050768
Why does he have makeup on and nails painted? In the game he just wears he clothes.
>>
>>379051578
>I had no clue whatsoever you actually had to head towards Kakariko

Exposition King fucking TELLS you to go there and you get a big glowing marker on your map.
>>
>>379049474
>climb tower
>jump off
>glide
>watch youtube while holding down the stick until you land
So entertaining. Truly the best movement mechanics in any video game, ever.
>>
File: 1496567867542.png (3MB, 900x2200px) Image search: [Google]
1496567867542.png
3MB, 900x2200px
Can someone post all of these? I saw them in a Zelda thread an hour ago but that got deleted
>>
Remember when the Gerudo were these badass thieves that outright kidnapped men to be their fuckslaves? Now they are all nervous and fragile when encountering a man.
>>
>>379051773
A lot of games give you a break after a hard trial so you don't exert yourself which makes you play longer. This is why you have to wait 60 seconds after killing a monster in monster hunter.

Though most shrines are pretty easy so they should've kept it to the trials of str

>>379051854
You're supposed to map out interesting locations with your eyes, of which there are many. I found a great fairy fountain this way once.
>>
>>379051592
Not really, it's just point that BotW has tons of content, more so than any other Zelda. That image is barely scaping the surface of things to see and do.

People want to believe the no-content meme because they desperately want - no, NEED - to find something wrong with the game.
>>
>>379051609
>>379051671
>>379051731
Sorry, I meant Heart Pieces in addition to the Shrines. I went from Kakariko to Hateno to Zora's Domain and I only had 4 hearts.

It just feels like if you follow the story you don't find shit.
>>
File: jpg.jpg (34KB, 600x341px) Image search: [Google]
jpg.jpg
34KB, 600x341px
Post some 10/10 puzzles
>>
File: 1496307011570m.jpg (66KB, 419x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1496307011570m.jpg
66KB, 419x1024px
>>379051879
>>
>>379051841
Yes and? I just thought that was more main story.
The game also outright tells you to "Destroy Ganon" with a big glowing marker on your map.
I disabled both of those from my quest log immediately.

I never imagined that it would be required for something so fundamental. Especially not after the plateau acted like such a tutorial area, giving you pretty much everything you need from the get go. Runes and the glider included.
>>
Just started playing BoTW just recently. Did some of the beginning stuff, got my slate 'fixed' (camera unlocked) and just been exploring some areas, found one of the photos by accident so i got the champion tunic, then found a zora who told me their place was just up ahead and the prince wants to meet me but i turned around and specifically went to the gerudo place first because i remember people talking about that's where you get earrings and i wanted a helm where you can still see link's hair and face. That's it so far.

It's nice that it does truly feel open world but this also feels a bit like a curse because the game has no direction at all. After you meet impa and go get your slate fixed, any sort of direction is just instantly gone. You almost feel lost as to where to go or what to do. Only thing you've got is 'meet races and kill the divine beasts' which is pretty broad. Like i said i appreciate that it's open but i feel like they should have directed you towards a first beast specifically or something because even though enemies seem to scale with link, some areas of the game are obviously harder than others and some not intended to be done at certain points.

Keep it open but should have given a guide at the least, show which race leader is in which zone and give a recommendation which to go to first. You're free to go wherever but the recommendation is best for your current situation, etc.
>>
>Vah Ruta
>Can't find how to start the big gear in the middle
>Realized I could stasis the gate blocking the map
>Break my Guardian Sword on it since I need to get in and out of the room

I dunno if that was intended but I sure as shit didn't see any other way after wandering for 30 minutes.
>>
>>379052041
Well, it's not. There's no 'wrong' way to play the game. That's why the King gives you so much exposition - so that if you choose to, you can run right to Ganon and finish the game and still have enough of the story under your belt to feel closure
>>
>>379052158
That puzzle was a total bitch, figured it out after 20 minutes by accident after thinking maybe the giant gear controlled the trunk and moving it would make the gears move.
>>
>>379051971
>I went from Kakariko to Hateno to Zora's Domain and I only had 4 hearts.
Pfft, that's nothing. I didn't even go to either of those before I'd explored most of the western world map, and visited Gerudo town. With 4 hearts, no armor, no heart-potions or def/atk boost, all looted gear. I did take down one of those giant goblins (Hinox) at the eastern bridges too.

I kept wondering why the game was so tough (enemies 1-shotting me to death) and if it'd be totally barren of any other NPCs besides the old guy in the beginning. The first human settlement I found was the desert stables. And only after that did I first go to Hatena, bought the shops empty with all the cash and loot I'd gained + got slate "fixed" and upgraded to best versions, and only then visited Kakariko.
>>
>>379051919
>>379051971
I mean. I have no trouble with the idea of talking with the ancient sheikah monks to get spirit orbs.

I just kind of wish you could get spirit orbs from defeating certain boss monsters. Or from completing certain quest lines and stuff too.
And I am cool with quest lines leading to shrines. That's all fine and dandy by me. But some of the 300 rupee rewards could have been replaced with getting spirit orbs directly.

I still don't see the point of heart pieces over spirit orbs though. And with heart pieces you really should get stamina pieces too. Which really just mean that you'd find things you'd need to get 4 of in order to get an upgrade, and when you finally have 4 of them you wouldn't even get to choose between stamina or hearts. Getting outright heart containers after defeating the bosses was cool though.
>>
>>379052041
Not even the guy you're talking to, but you seem to be desperately trying to defend yourself here and it's really not working. Just admit that you're a fucking retard for not going to the village first. It's okay to admit when you've done something stupid it's not a big deal.

After the king talks to you, you have two objectives, kill ganon, which obviously is the end game quest, and second to go to the village to meet impa. When you've literally only got one actual quest then obviously you should go do that quest, you're still at the beginning of the game what the fuck else are you going to do? They didn't even tell you to hunt down the divine beasts yet. Obviously you follow the quest.
>>
>>379052553
I didn't even use a map and I fucking found it. The King points at that giant crevice that's visible for ten miles away, you can't possibly get lost.
>>
>>379052553
>They didn't even tell you to hunt down the divine beasts yet.
And I knew nothing about the divine beasts aside from the scribbles I saw during the visual representation of the calimity legend. So I didn't know anyone would tell me to hunt them down.
Riju did that when I eventually met her though.
>>
>>379046049
I think the game is just too damn underwhelming. Koroks and shrines are the only permanent rewards you have to find, so the game is seriously padded. The worst examples are the weapons (which are all reskins of the same ~6 movesets) and enemies (only three different types of which are the trash mobs you spend 90% of the game fighting)
>>
>>379052012
I admit I got stumped by this and had to go get a guide
>>
>>379052329
Exactly. So I never thought I'd be missing out on much by not going to Kakariko.

In the end I am fine with how things are really. But I was to change anything about it. I'd probably just make a couple of small adjustments.

Having to meet Hestu on the path towards Kakariko is something I feel like is a huge mistake. I had over a hundred seeds before I even met Hestu and realized that the seeds were for inventory expansion.
And the ironic thing is that after you give Hestu his maracas, you can find Hestu chilling out at various stables and stuff throughout the land before finding the Korok forest. Considering what a huge deal the inventory expansion is, they probably should have made it possible to meet Hestu at the stables to begin with. So that he could spill the beans about inventory expansion even if you never headed towards Kakariko.

And while it wouldn't be a huge change. It would have been neat if more NPCs throughout the land gossiped about the ancient tech research labs. Kind of like how NPCs gossips about the master sword. Though admittedly, Beedle does give you an ancient arrow and speaks briefly about the Akkala research lab. Which makes the idea of finally finding that place pretty exciting. But they should have had NPCs speak more about the Hateno research lab, and hint at the prospects of rune research one way or another.

With just this you wouldn't really miss out no matter what direction you head off in. More or less. It's fine as is. But I feel like something like the above would have been an improvement.
>>
File: 6vScT_d.jpg (101KB, 640x785px) Image search: [Google]
6vScT_d.jpg
101KB, 640x785px
>>379050004
>>
>>379053165
while I get what you mean, all this talks of people experiencing the game differently made me realize something:

This is practically the 2017's version of sharing the found secrets and journeys people had to do with Zelda 1 in 80s. Obviously instead of having to pay for Nintendo's official releases to get all secrets and features, people nowadays just google things up, but even that is compensates with the huge density of stuff to do and find.

Those who are all into the plot and lore alone will obviously run straight to the instructed towns on the beaten paths. More adventurous explorers will obviously just fuck it and check out what ever tickles their fancy at the moment. Somewhere in between may also lie the "achiever" gamers, who just want to 100% everything, and either go through the game with a fine comb on their own, or with a guide / list of some sort.
There's something for everyone, and it's not hard to figure out various self-imposed challenges either. The way I'm playing the game, the hyped "Hard mode" DLC sounds a bit extreme.
>>
>All those seal puns in Gerudo Town
You just couldn't help yourself NoA. When will they learn that puns aren't fucking funny.
>>
>>379053943
>seal puns
I actually thought they were pretty cute. Even the bad ones.
That said. Aren't there pun seals in the Japanese version too? Japan tends to really like puns and word play.
>>
>>379053532
This is one of the game's greatest triumphs - everyone who plays it has their own unique adventure and story to tell.
>>
>>379054105
Exactly. The last time I've seen something like this happen was with the STALKER series, which is a well known /v/-classic with its endless threads and the legendary "greentext stories". The dynamic AI system in open world obviously helped a lot in Stalker's case.
>>
>>379046049
Goddammit, the things I would do to those feet (lick them and rub my dick against them).
>>
Am I the only one who got memed by the whole "horses don't run into trees after all hehe" thing? They've been running into stones nonstop
>>
File: 2.jpg (4MB, 2500x5040px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
4MB, 2500x5040px
>>379053943
>>379054021
What puns are you talking about? Played with German text.
>>
>>379046049
>too damn overwhelming
I lost interest in the series because of it's simplicity and lack of replay value.
Fuck the old formula.
>>
>>379055248
I don't think BotW has much replay value. The entire novelty is the exploration.

I can't see myself replaying BotW in a long time
>>
>>379046049
pfff no, if anything it's lacking full on dungeons.
>>
>>379055306
I just started a 2nd play through to fight ganon with out the divine beasts still enjoying it thus far
>>
Kind of

I can't play it for short amounts of time because I always get sucked in, finding new objectives and shit to do. I haven't played it in a while. I don't think I'll finish it before the last DLC pack ill be out
>>
>>379046545
Holy shit how are you this slow? I 100% the entire game including medals in a week. Like, without a guide I wouldn't have been able to get the Korok Seeds, but still.
>>
File: 1461107142094.png (2KB, 477x350px) Image search: [Google]
1461107142094.png
2KB, 477x350px
>>379055035
what is the point of this image
>>
>>379055306
And that's why hard mode was invented.
>>
How does this differ from the usual skyrim-esque empty world of shit?
Seems too overrated to me
>>
>>379055548
>play again but enemies do more damage
why?
>>
>>379055602
That's trying to fathom why Super Mario World is better than Bubsy The Bobcat. They both look the same on paper right? 2D platformer, run from left to right, stomp on the bad guys head and reach the end goal. What makes Super Mario World so vastly superior?
>>
File: 1492666823979.png (906KB, 896x1088px) Image search: [Google]
1492666823979.png
906KB, 896x1088px
PREQUEL WHEN
>>
>>379055745
I mean what makes this open world special, like I know about the cooking but what else is there to do instead of killing monsters and solving shrines?
>>
>>379055762
Nintendo don't care about timelines, it's an afterthought to them. Nintendo just want to make games.
>>
File: 1492175814055.jpg (42KB, 440x553px) Image search: [Google]
1492175814055.jpg
42KB, 440x553px
>>379050768
>vai clothes
dropped. post superior clothes
>>
>its another ebin apparatus shrine episode
>>
>>379055810
There plenty of BotW which is the same as the pitfalls of all open world games. But then there are elements of the game which feel truly next level - like the unparalleled amount of freedom, the exploration mechanics and the world building. It's pretty impressive and definitely raises the bar for the genre.
>>
>>379055708
Because it makes it harder to survive, hence giving you a new experience.
>>
>>379055035
If you feed Riju's seal berries you get tons of seal puns from her caretaker.
>>
>>379055505
What is the point of your existence?
>>
>>379056195
Kek I forgot about the psychic seal.
>>
>>379056006
I would have liked it if the towns were bigger.
>>
>>379055810
Traversing the lands of Hyrule is in itself a challenge.
It's not like in Oblivion or Skyrim where the terrain itself is largely irrelevant, and the only challenges are the enemies.

Conquering the terrain is by itself one of the challenges in Breath of the Wild. It's actually a surprisingly good 3D platformer. And a platformer was absolutely not what I was expecting from a Zelda game, but I don't mind it at all. It's polished and the physics are great.
And the way just about every challenge has multiple solutions to it is really fun and interesting.
>>
>>379056285
Agreed, I wish a sprawling Castle Town was a thing.
>>
>>379056285
Gerudo Town is pretty impressive I'd say. It's honestly huge, and each and every NPC has their own home and bed.
The Rito village is pretty pathetic.
The Gerudo city feels like a tiny little village.
And Zora's Domain is admittedly really beautiful and does indeed feel like a grand palace. But it does feel more like a palace and or temple or something rather than a city.
Hateno is cool though, but it's naturally smaller than what you'd expect from say, Castle Town. And the fishing village is also pretty cool for what it is, but it what it is is by the end of the day a village.

Gerudo Town is legit though.
>>
>>379046049
Massive as an ocean. Shallow as a kids pool.
>>
>>379055306
>I can't see myself replaying BotW in a long time
If the game is that big, as soon a you finish it you will have forgotten the beggining.

In 6 months you will be replaying the whole thing.
>>
>>379056006
>next level
>exploration mechanics
So mostly, that the map is bigger than in other games.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgK_OfW7nl4

Climbing Hyrule Castle with this music playing is still hype as fuck.
>>
>>379057068
No. That's not his point at all. Play the game before you shitpost.
>>
>>379055762
Could easily do a prequel DLC since it would use the same map.
>>
>>379046545
>>379047202
Tied girl with focus on feet are my weakness
>>
>>379058907
For me it's tied boys with focus on their feet.
>>
>>379058993
for me it's tied boys wearing chastity belt and leaking precum
>>
>climban
>shield surfan
>glidan
I already miss this game lads...
Nothing else feels like it.
I won't touch it until the story DLC comes along though.
>>
>>379052012
This one actually took me some time.
>>
>>379052537
>I just kind of wish you could get spirit orbs from defeating certain boss monsters. Or from completing certain quest lines and stuff too.

You do. Apparently you just haven't found them yet.
>>
>>379055602
What makes the Beatles better than Nickleback? They both play the same notes. Seems too overrated to me.
>>
>>379050004
Who in the hell thinks those nasty anorexic women are hot...?
>>
>>379046049
>Nintendo baby's first open world game

No.

Games like the Witcher, fucking GTA and even TES have done this for over a decade.
>>
>>379059150
sadist
>>
>>379061067
Those games have literally all the things on the map, all the bandit hideouts, hidden chests, monster nests etc. And their worlds are mostly flat without any mountains (or there never is anything on top of the mountains, see Skellige).
>>
>>379052012
The kind of people who had trouble with this are the same people who failed those dyslexia tests in school.
>>
>>379052012
people had problems with THAT?

The goddamn time-stop golf ball thing took me way longer. Had to reload an older save because I ran out of hammers.
>>
>>379061067
>Nintendo baby's first open world game

A pathetic meme from desperate shit posters. BotW treats the player with more respect and intelligence than most of it's peers. Poor you.
>>
>>379061571
Yeah the glowing shrines, sheikah slate and sensor are so different and innovative desu senpai
>>
>>379063246
Yeah, I prefer actual mini dungeons with fun puzzles, gimmicks and innovative ideas that barely have been exhausted over "lel, kill the five monsters and destroy nest with bomb" a 100 times.

Not to mention the game is actually vertical and just exploring it is fun in the first place.
>>
File: Todd .jpg (57KB, 720x836px) Image search: [Google]
Todd .jpg
57KB, 720x836px
Lads, it's been a couple of week since I've pretty much done everything there is to do in the game.

How long do you think I should wait until I do it all again?
>>
>>379050004
>white women
Disgusting.
>>
>>379050004
thanks mr skellington
>>
Breath of the Wild is a 6-8 hour game that's inflated to 30-100 because people have attention spans that can be measured in nanoseconds.
>>
>>379050004
I've decided. Being skinny is just as not hot as being fat.
>>
>>379050848
This. Ubisoft towers are okay and good design when nintendos does them.
>>
>>379063728
Story DLC.
That's when we'll know if it's worth it.
>>
>>379064452
Turns out it's Ubisoft that's shit, not towers. Who could have seen that coming?
>>
>>379062836
And I didn't have any problems with the time-stop golf driving.

The one that stumped me was having to pick up the laser block.
Thread posts: 142
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.