[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there ANYONE else here who's not into consolewars? Is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_20170604_101100.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170604_101100.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
Is there ANYONE else here who's not into consolewars?
Is there ANYONE here who actually likes a lot of games and isn't a depressed nitpicking shitposter?

Pic related, all are fun to play in their own way.
>>
I just want consoles to go away because with how bad exclusives are running now they're clearly not capable of doing their job
>>
>>379043084
Most idorts probably play games more so they post less.
>>
my favorite games were on consoles and in general I really believe consoles have better games but I so absolutely hate the limits of consoles so I play PC, I need to customize my games, I need good performance

I just wished every console game would be properly ported to PC and exclusives to not exist anymore

aside from hardware, because of pirating and steam sales, it's also cheaper
>>
>>379043084
I'm depressed, but I don't partake in consolewar shitposting and still play a good amount of vidya

What do you think of the switch?
I'm definitely interested in getting one eventually, but I'm waiting for a few more games to release for it
Although it's hard waiting when MK8D sounds like the improvement 8 needed, and ARMS and Spla2n look pretty great
>>
>>379043084
Why is everything hanging over the edge? They're going to fall anon! Move them before it's too late!
>>
PS4 / High end PC here.
I like the switch hardware a lot, I almost picked one up at launch but I stopped myself and decided to hold off. PS4 had just had a huge influx of games so I had plenty of shit to play. Figured I'd give ti some time to work out all the launch issues and get more than one worthwhile game out.
If they can get Monster Hunter and Pokemon out in english by the end of the year, that will seal the success of the console and I'll pick it up.
>>
>>379045209
Bought switch and all 3 games 2nd hand for 300€.
>>
>>379043084
Yeah, it feels great to play anything I want. SEGA bowing out of hardware was the best thing in my gaming life.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-04_01-30-02.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-04_01-30-02.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
I own every current-gen console (yes, that includes Xbone) and handheld, as well as a gaming PC. For the last month I've been playing The Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki on PPSSPP.

Just like play game, man.
>>
Console wars are shit.
>>
I've created my own console that plays any and every game.
>>
Besides a few exclusives most franchises I play span multiple consoles. It's just right now I'm poor so that leaves me with my 3ds and ps3 so it's hard to decide what to get next. Nintendo has more of my favourite franchises but Sony has more variety (mostly JRPGs).
>>
>>379045683
Here's what I did, make a list of all the games you actually want or are looking forward to for a console, and then see if that's worth the price of the console
I understand what you mean though, I like a lot of Nintendo's stuff, but for me there just isn't enough switch games out yet
I recently bought a PS4 though and have been enjoying it, looking forward to the Wipeout collection releasing in a few days
>>
Mid range PC, Switch and PS4 Pro here.

Would probably get an Xbox but their exclusives don't appeal to me.
>>
in an ideal environment, game makers simply wouldn't be allowed to take exclusivity deals. bad AAA games wouldn't have their awful budgets saved by anti-consumer agreements, and good games would feel more obligated to sell themselves to every playerbase to earn their keep.

>but anon, wouldn't that mean there's no point to picking a console besides how the controller feels?
yeah
>>
>>379045683
I say PS4 now, Switch later. PS4 is already proven to be successful and has a library already built up and ready to go. It's also already had it's price drop and 2nd version. Then later, when the Switch has a decent games lineup, you can pick one up. The longer you wait, the better a console is when you eventually pick it up, It and all it's games are only going to go down in price.
>>
>>379043084
the thing is that some people enjoy discussing stuff without feeling harmed

it shows character, knowledge, and sense of community when others respect your opinion

ie: you literally burned 40$ on 1-2-switch, that game is garbage
i agree you could have fun with it, but you can also accept it is pretty sub-par for the price. it should be bundle with the console (the same as wii sports)
>>
>>379046531
i'd take your words to heart if your example had any trace of respect in it at all instead of saying he burned money right off the bat

don't put console wars on a pedestal as if they're a civil interaction
>>
>>379046868
but saying a game is garbage is not console wars
a console catalogue could be awesome, and still have shitty games
and i can diss a game while enjoying the console

the console war comes from people that can't stand thinking they don't have THE BEST THING EVER
it is like the no games meme: it cashes on sonygros that NEED their console TO BE THE BEST EVER WE DID IT
>>
PC, PS1-4+Vita+Portable, WiiU+Switch here.

I just like video games. I would get an Xbone if it was remotely worth it.
>>
>>379046531
He said he bought all of it second hand bundled. But yeah, it's launch shovelware. Like I want sheeple to but switches so that they sell well and devs start making games for it, but there's no real reason to buy a launch console, it's always shit. Fanboys of any console company refuse to admit this. Zelda IS better than Knack tho, so at least they have that going for them. I love my PS4 but I waited years to buy it before it had games I wanted to play.
>>
>>379043084
Show us your Wii u
>>
Why bother with a Switch when CEMU exists?
>>
>>379047103
I can't take my desktop with me, and I travel quite a lot
>>
>>379047103
Can a GPD WIN run CEMU?
>>
>>379047103
Portability, the Switch's key selling point?
>>
>>379046960
>it shows character, knowledge, and sense of community when others respect your opinion
this is what i was addressing mostly but it seems like you missed the point
you can have a bad impression of a game but don't talk about respect and character right before going "this thing you like is shit lmao"
if you're bitter own up to it
>>
>>379043084
Upvoted, fellow console war-transcending gentlesir.
>>
>>379043084
I wish i had money for all of it. Shitposting is free.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170604-052914~2.png (44KB, 1080x230px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170604-052914~2.png
44KB, 1080x230px
>>379047246
>>
>>379045842
>>379046458
I still haven't got a Vita yet because nobody had them in stock, was hoping there would be a bundle with the Ps4. I'm mostly holding out for an HD SMT game and I never owned a Wii/Wii U though I will probably get a Ps4 first.
>>
>>379043084
>1-2-Switch
why
>>
>>379047237
>you can have a bad impression of a game but don't talk about respect and character right before going "this thing you like is shit lmao"
i can, and i will
everybody will
you can't think the world is going to treat you different because you like something
and in many ways it is the opposite
the problem is the need to validate your purchase on the opinion of others
you like 1-2-switch, that is great
i think is garbage, that is great too
your purchase still has the same value: your value
>>
I'm not /pol/ but console wars only benefit the jews. Why anyone would devote their loyalty to a company whose only objective is to get your money is beyond me. It always baffles the fuck out of me when people rush to defend shitty games because "It's on muh favorite platform so I must defend it as if it was a good game!".

Why don't people simply call out shit moves and approve good moves no matter what company makes them? A video game company is not your friend and being a platform loyalist is not a lifestyle, it's being a fucking moron.
>>
I like everyone except Nintendo. I always thought that was the norm for most posters here who are over 14.
>>
>>379043084
Anyone who's an adult with a job doesn't give a shit about console wars since they don't have to rely on mommy to get them something if they wanna buy it
>>
File: 1416327543708.jpg (103KB, 960x708px) Image search: [Google]
1416327543708.jpg
103KB, 960x708px
>>379043084
no xbone

Fuck off consolewar agitator
>>
>>379047576
Why don't you like Nintendo? I kinda don't like them because they don't put out enough good games, just a couple per console and their games stay overpriced forever. Also they rely on gimmicks too much since Wii.

But I feel like a lot of people on /v/ are immature late teens who think Nintendo is for babies because it looks colorful and not gritty and it's embarrassing to be seen playing a Nintendo games because your fellow teenagers will laugh at you.

I mean it was the same way for me when I was in high school but as an adult literally nobody gives a shit what company's games people play as long as it's entertaining. I have a ton of normo friends who haven't played games on consoles (just mobile and some PC) in a long time but bought a Switch for Zelda. Many of them have families already.
>>
Yep, got a midrange PC, PS4Pro, WiiU, 3DS and Vita. Getting a Switch next year once more games are out and hopefully some nice unique design variants, and I'll pick a Scorpio up if MS make some decent exclussives for it.

Console war cunts can fuck right off. It's nothing but immature trolling that clogs up every game discussion site and social network feed with pointless spam and autistic screeching.
>>
>>379047963
Not the guy you're replying to, but Nintendo's greedy business practices have pissed me off. I don't have a problem with their games (although honestly I am tired of Mario).

>>379048257
>Console war cunts can fuck right off. It's nothing but immature trolling that clogs up every game discussion site and social network feed with pointless spam and autistic screeching.

This.
>>
I like console warring faggots, their wojaks and pepes drowning in shit are impressive and force psychological reflexion, like, how can someone draw one of these unironically ? If one is doing this with real angst in his mind, just imagine his fucking life.
>>
>>379047963
It's mostly that Nintendo is completely anti-consumer. They charge completely unreasonable prices for their hardware, like 90 Euro for a fucking docking station(which is even worse than Sonys bullshit with the Vita, but that was a one time thing, not a constant policy), they also charge unreasonable prices for old games, no PS3 or XBox 360 game is still at full price but Nintendo still wants you to pay full price for titles like Xenoblade Chronicles X for Wii U, a console that belongs to the last generation, the constant rehashing is another point, I won't support a company which idea of innovation is giving Mario a water pistol or when they think adding some new maps ans skins to a game is enough to justify charging full price again.
>>
File: 20170109_132128.jpg (2MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170109_132128.jpg
2MB, 4032x2268px
Also own a somewhat decent gaming PC with an Asus GTX 1080 and an I7 3770K, need to either overclock that I7 or buy a new motherboard and a new I7 to stay up to date.

Am also in the market for a Logitech G920 wheel and a nice seat for racing games.
>>
>>379049453
Oh yeah, also got 2 PS Vitas, a 3DS and like 4 or five PSPs hanging around.
>>
File: 999.gif (179KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
999.gif
179KB, 375x375px
>own a PS3, PS4, classic Wii, OG GBA, getting a nu-2DS XL and PS Vita soon

feels good
>>
>>379049453
>Xbone bigger than ps4
>Still put on top
>Stacking in the first place
Wtf amigo!
>>
>>379049769
Because the Xbone has vents on the top I don't want to block. Also because I had next to zero use for the PS4 because it didn't have all that many games I enjoyed, mainly racing games. WipEout Omega Collection is going to fix that somewhat.
PS4 is now behind the Xbone vertically.
>>
I'm a poorfag but I still play on my Switch, PS3, PS2, Wii and 3DS.

The console wars are just one big inside joke here. Only the few mentally deranged are actually serious about it.
>>
>>379043084
I shitpost ironically to see how far I can take it before jannies step in. They don't.

I'm fine with 480p 20fps "garbage", movie games, kiddie games and every buzzword meme that the console warriors come up with.
>>
>>379043084
I think maybe everyone would be able to enjoy their own platform and respect the platform of others if the industry stopped holding games hostage on single platforms.

I want Zelda:BoTW, I want Horizon, I want Forza and Halo, but I don't fucking want to pay $300-500 to play a single game that my PC would be able to run five instances of at once if it wasn't artificially limited to one brand of overpriced mediocre set top box.

The Switch is the only console that makes any sort of sense to buy and it has no games.
>>
File: 1469296504653.png (38KB, 852x664px) Image search: [Google]
1469296504653.png
38KB, 852x664px
>1-2 Switch
>>
File: 6796.jpg (33KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
6796.jpg
33KB, 400x320px
>find xbox 360 + 3 controllers + about 18 games for like 60 euros from a flea market
>wasn't even really planning to play with it, just decided to buy it because it was a good deal
>it's a good deal so I buy the whole pile of stuff
>comes with games like cod4,mw2,mw3, and GTA V
>swallow my PC elitist pride and decide to check out GTA V
>mfw I've been playing GTA V for about 30 hours now

Sure the framerate dips every now and then and edges are kinda jaggy, but goddamn I've been having fun. The game is so good I don't even care about the technical stuff, it's just like playing a game on low end PC. I'm planning to play the CoD games next.
>>
>>379043084
You know I believe most people on /v/ aren't console wars faggots. Seriously, if you have a semi decent job, you can own all consoles and tons of games without it making a significant dent in your wallet. The problem is that a lot of NEETs on welfare and young uns that live still and are cared for by their parents browse here. And I'm not making this up there was a thread the other day when someone asked if there really are NEETs browsing /v/ and the thread reached post limits of people telling their stories. I'm not saying those people are worthless or anything, it was kinda heart breaking reading the attitude some had to life and how many spoke about being suicidal. Nonetheless I suppose that those are the people that usually shitpost bc they get annoyed when people enjoy something they literally aren't even able to play.

I own almost all consoles since the N64 era. The ones I don't own are the Xbox 1 bc I don't see the point in getting one considering there are no exclusives any more and when there were it was forza and games I did not care about (Not console waring, just saying it isn't something for me) and the Switch (bc I have a WiiU for Zelda and I'm waiting for the Mario release, maybe there will even be a cool bundle..
>>
File: 1493729875615.png (49KB, 230x300px) Image search: [Google]
1493729875615.png
49KB, 230x300px
>>379050158
>06/03/17
>when it's 06/04/17
>ruggrell
>when it's ruggarell
You won't trick me, not today...
>>
>>379047103
BC Cemu is a WiiU emulator and there are already games coming out that are exclusiv for the Switch like arms and some 3rd party games.

I personally won't buy one until Mario hits the shelves.
>>
>>379051218
Being NEET sucks, but I don't think it's an excuse to shitpost as much as people on this board do
I was NEET for quite a while, and I'm about to go back to being NEET, but I still came across just enough cash to still buy the video games I wanted, I just had to save hardcore and only buy stuff I really wanted
Of course there are probably tons of people worse off than I am who get basically nothing to spend on their hobby, but I just wish all of the consolewars and shitposting wasn't so dominant on this board.
Sometimes I really wish this was a place where I could just discuss video games
>>
Im posting from my X1 while my fat ps3 is cooking up chicken seasoned with pcbro's salt and melting amiibos and I invited chris chan to my bbq party.
>>
>>379050158
>keeping your PS4 collection right next to toilet paper
How fitting.
>>
>>379051510
Yeah, it's really annoying. You know if they would keep to themselves in their shit posting bait threads that would be fine, but the problem is they love to crash game discussions of games they haven't played and annoy the hell out of people.
>>
>>379047103
Hold on, let me boot up ARMS on my CEMU

Lmao
>>
>Horizon Zero Dawn
You just have shit taste OP
>>
>>379049238
What are your thoughts on fps games like call of duty
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.