[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is an example of how you do a game badly. >No direction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 31

File: header.jpg (39KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
39KB, 460x215px
This is an example of how you do a game badly.
>No direction
I'm not talking handholding. There is literally no rhyme or reason for anything you do until you've done it or any obvious goal at any point.
>Poor design
There are literally rooms you cannot get out of, coupled with the no direction thing you're likely to walk into them when actually trying to find out where it is you're supposed to be going.
There are screen layouts were it is impossible to avoid getting hit or even get past because of enemy placement
>Backtracking
No direction means wandering around
Wandering around means you find something you can't use until you've bought the item
Having to buy the item means farming coins or stumps, backtracking into town and then going back. Early example is the glyph reader.
>No clues at all for most puzzles.
Those red skeletons that you can't kill without taking damage? yeah you gotta kill both of those and a block will fall somewhere else which lets you solve the puzzle! Dude, courage! just fall onto the spikes! 10/10 game design - IGN

>But muh Japanese indie dev
>Muh retro difficulty
>J-just look up a walkthrough/map

Doesn't excuse shit game design
>>
casual detected
>>
People who complain about backtracking aren't worth listening to
>>
>>379041519
you're just posting bait so you can have a La-Mulana thread, you sneaky bastard
>>
>>379041519
It really is dog shit and I had to use a guide for the second half

If your objective and destinations were more obvious then it would be a great game but as it is this had too much cryptic bullshit

Hurr the mummy spanner in one specific room is actually a shop that sells the boss key
>>
>>379041519
The only thing I consider bad design is that mario pipe. The rest are fine.
>>
File: 1488435846795.png (1MB, 1899x4713px) Image search: [Google]
1488435846795.png
1MB, 1899x4713px
Die you LaMulana Autist.

This is you mindset.
>>
File: tumblr_o0ovx7x8qJ1uwplp5o2_400.gif (543KB, 256x212px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0ovx7x8qJ1uwplp5o2_400.gif
543KB, 256x212px
maybe you would like the gay furry version better it has no riddles to confuse your baka gaijin mind
>>
>>379043469
I actually played that Marrow game since that guy was going on about it.
Christ, now that game was a fucking mess. It's so bad that I can only assume that it was the developer of the game himself autistically raging that nobody like his game.
>>
File: sledge.jpg (178KB, 394x370px) Image search: [Google]
sledge.jpg
178KB, 394x370px
>>379041519
Artificial difficulty is what killed the game for me. I don't mind exploring and backtracking, but shit's just unfair.
>>
This garbage has probably the worst movement and platforming system i've ever witnessed in metroidvania. I know that authors wanted to make it feel like old platformers but it's an awful thing to do in such an expansive game and it makes it straight annoying to traverse.

Also weapon and subweapon balance is an absolute ass. Who the fuck ever used katana?
>>
>>379041519
>I'm not talking handholding. There is literally no rhyme or reason for anything you do until you've done it or any obvious goal at any point.

Imagine being this retarded
>>
>>379044721
Yeah, this. I played it after bored with Spelunky, the control is plain atrocious even there are NES games with better control. Perhaps it tries to simulate NES control while getting drunk.
>>
>>379044721
Katana is good for killing bats, and the damage is pretty decent from what I remember.
The jumping takes some getting used to, but it's not bad. It's basically OG Castlevania with a bit more control. It's a lot easier once you get the feather, too.
>>
>>379041519
>There is literally no rhyme or reason for anything you do
90% of the puzzles have written riddles and only a minority of them are incomprehensible.
>There are literally rooms you cannot get out of
Lmao no, even with trap rooms, the Holy Grail is there for a reason.
>There are screen layouts were it is impossible to avoid getting hit
Extremely rare.
>or even get past because of enemy placement
Lmao no.
>No direction means wandering around
Is that a bad thing? Don't think so.
>>No clues at all for most puzzles.
Sorry, this game isn't for brainlets.

There's a lot of reasons to bitch about La Mulana, like the shitty jump design, combat and overall game physics, coupled with how stupid it is to abuse certain items like the Holy Grail or the unbalance in weapons, but all the stuff you mention only points out how casual you are.
>>
>>379041519
This is an example of how you out yourself as casual.
>>
File: tissues.gif (22KB, 118x129px) Image search: [Google]
tissues.gif
22KB, 118x129px
>>379041519
Oh, so you're a bitch.
>>
>>379045483
>Hurf durf just use da holy grail.

How many people do you think found it their first time through?
There's that typical defense bullshit you retards go on about like these dumbasses.
>>379046826
>>379045545
>>379041701
>Jus a casul!
>Shitter detected!
>Gid gud fagit

You DO NOT KNOW WHERE IT IS your first playthrough or even that there is something like that. of course YOU fucking know about it "oh, just get the holy grail you only have to do a little backtracking and then walk through a fucking wall on the other side of the map to solve the puzzle! easy!"
>B-buh the skellington said he found a secret passage that means just walk through the wall, it's obvious.

No, retard. People would not know about that their first time playing, stop defending shit just because you've eaten it.

I've beaten the game on hard mode dipshits, doesn't fucking mean it's not shit.
>>
File: Metroidvania Tier List.jpg (1MB, 1148x4532px) Image search: [Google]
Metroidvania Tier List.jpg
1MB, 1148x4532px
Thanks for creating a thread so I didn't need to, you can safely fuck off now, this thread is all about me and why my opinion and skill holds more weight than the rest of you worthless cretins combined.

Feel free to ask me anything.

>>379043834
>Shitter who couldn't make it past the starting area chimes in

Comedy kino.
Subhumans like yourself that cannot deal with difficult have no say in the matter when it comes to quality. Marrow is straight up one of the best metroidvania's of all time. Period.
>>
File: Laughing deadpool.png (192KB, 512x341px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing deadpool.png
192KB, 512x341px
>>379046826
Don't soil Mulbruk with a shitposting thread anon.
>>379047136
>How many people do you think found it their first time through?
Dude, it's literally the first item you get after the Shuriken.
Videogames aren't for you, that much is certain.
>I've beaten the game on hard mode dipshits
More like
>I kept reading this tablet then I got fucked up and used a guide for the rest of the game while farming coins for hours
>>
>>379047136
You're supposed to read the manual, as is commonly expected with the style of old games they're paying homage to.
>>
>>379047472
Don't shitpost just because you made a bad game and it's the only way you can get any attention directed towards it. I had gotten that color-changing ball that's in the area after you kill the first boss when I put it down due to having too much work to do.
My roommates were flabbergasted that such an awful game could exist (which is pretty amazing since I play awful games through to the end for their amusement now and again) and had a morbid desire to see more of the game. I might oblige them when I have more time.
>>
gid gud
>>
The thing that killed La Mulana for me was the high difficulty and shit healing system go against the exploration focus.
Having to warp back to the start and stand in a spring takes you away from the entire point of the game. I really think they're hard for hardness sake game design ultimately hurt the games focus. Its still a good game though and I get why it clicks for people. I'm not sure how far I got, beat bosses up till that fucking climbing floor boss and the last area I was in was the area after the infinitely looping corridor.
>>
>>379041519
Pay attention.
La Mulana requires you to get out a notebook and take notes like you're a fucking archeologist or some shit, crazy I know.

If you actually take notes the majority of shit genuinely fits together. There's really not much in the way of games that fit everything together so neatly. I'm sorry you were disappointed you didn't get another mindless metroidvania with no redeeming qualities.
>>
File: 124525346745756756.jpg (65KB, 318x364px) Image search: [Google]
124525346745756756.jpg
65KB, 318x364px
>>379047659
>I had gotten that color-changing ball that's in the area after you kill the first boss when I put it down due to having too much work to do.

>Another shitter that gets bested by the Reservoir
You cannot make this shit up LMAO.

Nothing makes the day more beautiful than watching casuals cry and try to act like their opinion matters when they don't even have the skill required to beat the game in question.

Marrow is a masterpiece in puzzle & enemy design and nails the atmosphere as well.
Such a shame that you're too pathetic at video games that you'll never get to experience such a masterpiece.
>>
>>379047803
Just fill your exp bar bro
Plus honestly, with the generous grail traveling you never have to backtrack too much
>>
>>379041519
It's fine for the first few hours but then it really gets obscure.
I still enjoyed it a lot.
>>
>>379048047
>Just grind whenever you need to heal lol
They should have just had enemies drop health instead of that shit XP system. its just better to grail out, heal, and then grail back to the nearest point and work your way back.
>>
File: 1492897409551.gif (1MB, 352x200px) Image search: [Google]
1492897409551.gif
1MB, 352x200px
>be fucking awful at a game, avoid reading the manual or paying attention to the goddam game
>get frustrated at my fucking dumb brain
>proceed to open a thread bitching about the game
>get told
kys
>>
>>379048025
git gud
>>
>>379047659
>My roommates
I've always knew people born after the 80's can't play videogames.

Anyway, let's salvage this thread, what's the best La Mulana level theme and why is it the Temple of Moonlight?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vw4gW5hrcU&list=PL68C99805ED58C684&index=25
>>
>>379048605
You are incorrect.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVdB5TCOM08
>>
>>379048605
>roommates
>I've always knew people born after the 80's can't play videogames.
Literally what.
>>
Actually figuring out how to fight a boss for the first time in this is one of the most surreal experiences I've had in vidya.
>>
>>379048605
Wrong
>>379048716
Right, spookstep is best

Song of Curry is second best
>>
File: 1532263475485856.jpg (28KB, 480x317px) Image search: [Google]
1532263475485856.jpg
28KB, 480x317px
>>379048605
So many to choose from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vhpNIT_Hes

I'll go with this though.
When it kicks in at 1:35 in particular is when it's at its best.
>>
File: angery.gif (3MB, 250x258px) Image search: [Google]
angery.gif
3MB, 250x258px
>>379048047
Oh yeah?
>playing La Mulana for first time, ages ago
>no idea what I am doing, just playing
>trying to find a way back after I fall through the spring of life into the pyramid thing
>healing only by exp farming
>still no sign of way coming back to the surface
>What the fuck is this shit, am I missing something? Is this game supposed to be that excruciatingly fucking hard?
>decide to use a guide to see if I missed something even though I decided to only use it as a very last resort
>Turned out I skipped a puzzle with grail
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF...

Do you have any idea how many hours I wasted?
>>
>>379041519
>J-just look up a walkthrough/map
>There are literally rooms you cannot get out of
I haven't even played the game, and I'm saying you're full of shit. You probably began playing video games within the past decade given your shitter mindset immediately went to "look up a walkthrough/guide". Ever heard of actually trying to beat a game without immediately giving up as soon as it throws you a curve ball? No, I can't imagine you have.
>>
itt: pretentious la mulana fan pretend that they didn't use a guide to get pas the stacked layers of unintuitive bullshit, while simultaneously praising the game creator for his genius, and shitting on people who criticize the game for the precise thing that they personally used a guide to avoid

repeat for every LM thread, ever
>>
What's the best boss theme and why is it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qppwpt8CjL4
>>
File: 1252647547568.jpg (14KB, 316x230px) Image search: [Google]
1252647547568.jpg
14KB, 316x230px
>>379049068
That's neo-/v/ for you. If the game doesn't hold your hand, they sperg out and don't know how to handle it and think it's the games fault.

>>379049093
>Moronic low IQ subhuman becomes devastated because not everybody is an idiot like he is.
Pottery in its purest form.

I beat the game without a guide.
Cry more bitch nigga lmao
>>
I've got a full-time job that is quite fullfilling. I've got a girlfriend I love to spend time with, because she's great, and I've gathered a circle of friends that I meet up with every now and then. I don't have the time for these games anymore.
>>
>>379047803
I think the healing system is fine. Hell, I'd even be okay if they removed the EXP healing entirely and only left the springs. The temple is supposed to feel uncharted and dangerous, and giving you the ability to heal on a whim removes a lot of that danger. Your health pretty much acts a skill-based timer; you can explore for as long as you can manage to keep yourself alive.
>>
>>379048716
Patrician taste anon, I applaud you.
>>379048925
That track is "tfw running out of flares" for me
>>379049093
>stacked layers of unintuitive bullshit
Such as?
I don't deny I did resort to use a guide but it was way late in the game when I had already beaten most of the guardians, and that's mostly because I was completely exhausted and couldn't wait to see the rest of the game.

The vast majority of the game's pretty logical and intuitive, the only really, REALLY strange puzzles I can think of are the Wadjet one and the endless corridor.
Sounds like you suck at videogames sonny.
>>
>>379049357
>playing the life card
>on /v/
>>
>>379049357
What are you doing on /v/?
>>
>>379049357
>but I have time to shitpost on /v/
found the biggest retard of the month
>>
>>379049093
I love La Mulana, one of my favourite games ever.
However I did use a hint guide 3 times iirc, but only when I got absolutely completely stuck for a long while.

>Scanning some random background lamp in the Gate of Illusion
>Completely missed a woman engraving in Chamber of Birth, thought it was just a part of the background art
>Didn't destroy that statue in the spike hallway so I was completely baffled as to why the Inferno Cavern mantra didn't appear

I'm fine with people looking up hints (not straight up solutions though, that's weak) sometimes, it's a pretty damn obscure and difficult game. But that's why I love it. Haven't had as much fun as I did with this game ever, solving all its mysteries, writing everything down, mapping it all out and seeing it all come together. Glorious game. Just don't go immediately crying at the first hurdle and look up a guide immediately and then claim that it was impossible to figure out, that's weak.
>>
>>379049190
Love that one, but can't beat this. Absolutely glorious how the intro mirrors the intro of the first time you enter the ruins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACvJnI8txlM
>>
La Mulana is great all the way through, but Gate of Illusion, Chamber of Birth and the mantra sections are all kinda shit on the first playthrough when you're hopelessly lost
>>
File: 1243643756856.jpg (218KB, 900x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1243643756856.jpg
218KB, 900x1125px
>>379049556
>>379049683
See even though I'm overly harsh towards casuals, I'm not petty enough to berate people for using a guide if they're hopelessly stuck on certain parts.
Can't exactly expect people to have the patience I have when it comes to shit like that, and I certainly did have my moments were I was wondering around for multiple hours not knowing what to do in La-Mulana, but I always figured out the solution sooner or later. La-Mulana is not as cryptic as retards would try have people believe. The puzzles all have hints which will lead you to the answer.

There comes a point in the game when it just clicks how the game works though and the difficulty plummeted for me when that happened. I'd become hyper aware and analytical of the backgrounds and I'd vigorously whip most things.
Once you're in that mindset and you realize that most of the hints should be taken as literally as possible the game is more than manageable.

I will forever be amazed that there exists people stupid enough to think that this shit isn't possible to beat without a guide, or that you'd need a guide open at all points for the majority of puzzles.
>>
>>379050591
Yeah, it was more common for me to get stuck on (mini)bosses than on puzzles. Bahamut can go suck a big fat cock, fuck that fish.

Just have to read and write down absolutely everything. And whip everything if there's no eye of retribution.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (41KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
41KB, 500x281px
>>379041519
>>
File: 1491587740473.png (162KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
1491587740473.png
162KB, 600x601px
>All that La Mulana 2 backer-only update content about the mother/children

OH MY GOD I NEED IT HNNG
>>
>>379051108
I don't even know what the progress is! It's killing me!
>>
>>379051219
Development is (almost) finished, so should enter final stage soon and hopefully come out somewhere in autumn/winter
>>
Shit gets too cryptic after the fifth guardian.
>>
>>379051310
Thank fuck.
And fuck you retarded shitposting OP.
>>
>>379041519
Yeah man I completely agree with you, game's pure garbage.
>>
I don't I've ever abandoned a game as quickly as this one.
>>
File: 1440350827026.gif (521KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1440350827026.gif
521KB, 320x240px
>game wastes several minutes of your time just to refill your health in between dungeon diving mostly because of how slow the sack of shit you're controlling is
>>
>>379052263
USE THE GRAIL
GET THE BOOTS
STOP GETTING HIT AND JUST USE EXP TO HEAL
G I T
U
D
>>
>>379052430
>hysterical g-git gud in face of any critique
That's how you know the community of this game is full of autists.
Even on full speed with the boots character is a sack with shit. You can't seriously justify the fact the healing spring requires at least 30 seconds of braindead platforming to simply reach every time you need to refill your health after exploring something. It. Wastes. Your. Time.
>>
>>379052670
That's because it's a punishment for getting hit.
There's also another spring inside the ruins, you know.
>>
>>379052670
Don't get hit, the character's speed is designed with the game's mechanics in mind, the only thing that should hit you is bosses anyway.
>>
Sorry, I can't muster up a proper response. I think we've all been where OP is, where we try to delude ourselves into thinking La Mulana isn't a masterpiece.

Just keep playing, in a year you'll be here praising it as the second coming of jehova.
>>
>>379052941
>That's because it's a punishment for getting hit.
Oh really, i thought getting damaged is a punishment for getting hit, but i guess when you design your game ass-backwards and allow your character to tank half of the location before your health reaches dangerous values, you need to artificially waste player's time when he finishes the exploration of location.

In other words, La-shit devs need to look at how healing systems are done in actually good metroidvanias like Hollow Knight while making a sequel for this abomination. But i guess they have their heads stuck up too far in their asses to bother with actually good gameplay mechanics, oh well.
>>
Game is pretty manageable until you get to the gate of illusion.
Then it gets really stupid.
>>
>>379041519
git gud
>>
>>379053286
>Oh really, i thought getting damaged is a punishment for getting hit
Exactly? Stop taking damage and you won't have to go heal.
>>
>>379052950
>character's speed is designed with the game's mechanics in mind
It's designed to emulate old-ass platformers which are an absolute shit for actual platforming as well. It's a deliberate copycat of shit game mechanics which seems to be La-Mulana's motto.
>>
>>379053504
The punishment for taking damage should be immediate and harsh. In LM it's literally a non-issue unless you want to resupply. And when the game deliberately wastes your time, it's a garbage game design. Because if authors have no respect for your time, there's no point in holding any respect for the authors.
>>
>>379048803

Because people born in the 80s, even in the later years like 87 such as myself, are rapidly approaching 30. For the most part, having roommates at 30 is unusual.

Not that dud, just my guess.
>>
File: 12532647548658i67.jpg (31KB, 638x540px) Image search: [Google]
12532647548658i67.jpg
31KB, 638x540px
>>379053286
>Mfw I've drilled PTSD into these hollow cucks at the sheer mention of La-Mulana.
Just as keikaku
>>
>>379053658
The punishment is that you've been too much of a shitter by not avoiding damage and now you either don't get to continue exploring until you heal, because you haven't earned that right due to being awful at video games or you risk it and press on.
It's that simple.

Classic case of get good.
>>
>>379053848
>Classic case of get good.
More like a classic case of autistic community. You're not implying that LM is hard, don't you? Because it's not. It. Simply. Wastes. Your. Time.

It can be seen in virtually every aspect. Especially when it comes to restocking. You need to waste your time even buying charges for sub-weapons given that some shops are set in bumblefuck nowhere. Which is ironic given how shit vast majority of sub-weapons are.
>>
File: u wot.png (12KB, 258x196px) Image search: [Google]
u wot.png
12KB, 258x196px
>>379047136
the manual literally shows you where the grail is
>>
>>379054014
It must be hard for you if you're constantly having to go heal.
You don't get to pull the "n-n-no i'm just complaining about things that are directly related to difficulty b-but i'm good i swear the games not even hard!" card when you're clearly dog shit at video games.
>>
Decided to play La-Mulana again since you guys were talking about it. I played like 30 minutes last time, not really sure about what to do or what was going on. Played for about 45 minutes and had some thoughts.

I didn't remember any of the solutions or how the rooms worked (for instance, it wasn't until I was returning to the ruins the second time after I went back to the shops to get the Gylph Reader that I explored above the ruins and got the Shell Horn). The Holy Grail is pretty easy to miss, but the actual puzzle itself to get it is simple to solve, didn't take a lot of brain power.
>>
File: Air.jpg (207KB, 1674x607px) Image search: [Google]
Air.jpg
207KB, 1674x607px
>Hollow cuck won't even reply to me now

Just how whipped can they get?
>>
>>379048605
>>379048716
posting objectively best theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXWNcvz9k-k
>>
>>379053658
You seem to be taking pretty big issue with this proclaimed non-issue. Practically every game will rob you of your time if you're a shitter. If you die in Mario or Mega Man, they don't plop you down exactly where you were and give you a pat on the bum. They force you to redo things you've already seen until you can do them with less suck. Apply that La-Mulana and every game you play.
>>
>>379054163
It's not related to difficulty you brain-dead moron, but to quality of life. The thing LM authors never heard about.
>>
>>379054076
having to resort to the manual is bad game design.
>>
>>379054316
>Practically every game will rob you of your time if you're a shitter.
Almost every metroidvania i've seen rewards high skill play better. LM is truly unique in that aspect because there's not a single reason it would be impossible to set HP restoration on return to the village itself, unless you actually enjoy the sensation of authors shitting down your throat.
>>
File: 1493826757408.png (184KB, 351x367px) Image search: [Google]
1493826757408.png
184KB, 351x367px
>>379054076
>manual
>>
>>379054325
No, it relates to difficulty you utter shitter.

If you get hit, you do not have the right to continue your journey through the ruins, you go take the walk of shame and heal or you risk dying.

This isn't like your casual metroidvanias like HK in which you hit a monster twice and heal to full.

Fuck outta here you trash player.
>>
>>379047472
>terraria
whut

other than some of the games i've never heard of this looks shockingly accurate
>>
>>379054479
>If you get hit, you do not have the right to continue your journey through the ruins
It's ironic given how much damage you can tank in LM. LM fans are truly delusional.
>>
Red skeleton I agree with

The rest are manageable
>>
File: Autism_awareness_ribbon_fi.jpg (77KB, 630x485px) Image search: [Google]
Autism_awareness_ribbon_fi.jpg
77KB, 630x485px
Is there a single other metroidvania fanbase as autistic as La-Mulana fans?
Can't think of any.
>>
>>379054669
not an argument
>>
>>379054669
Rabi Ribi fans.
Hollow Knight fans.
Easily.

La-Mulana fans are patricians with high intellect.
>>
>>379054698
I'm merely stating the fact, anon.
It's like worst aspects of souls community combined with unbreakable autism of niche game communities. Truly a marvel to behold.
>>
>>379054669
>Im not shit at video games, everyone else is just autistic!
>>
>>379054597
Hazards deal percentage damage and will kill you in seconds regardless of your health/upgrades
Enemies are meant to whittle you down slowly.
Bosses will kill you in a few hits.
>>
La-Mulana was originally a homage to Maze of Galious rather than being really just a Metroid clone.

This thread is stupid and full of shitters.
>>
>>379054914
>Hazards
A non-issue unless you have brain damage.
>Enemies are meant to whittle you down slowly.
So a shit enemy design, okay.
>Bosses will kill you in a few hits.
Good thing you only activate them by your own free will.
>>
>>379055012
>A non-issue unless you have brain damage.
So that applies to you then, considering you are awful at the game.

>So a shit enemy design, okay.
Nope, they do exactly what a regular enemy should do.

>Good thing you only activate them by your own free will.
Yes and?
>>
SOON
>>
>>379055123
It's been "soon" since two thousand and fucking fifteen. I want it NOW.
>>
>>379055076
>So that applies to you then
Bawww, cry me a river for taking a huge dump on your favourite game.
>Nope, they do exactly what a regular enemy should do.
Actually play in games with threatening enemies, then we will talk.
>Yes and?
And you never face them with anything but full health.
>>
File: 1471332399596.jpg (337KB, 640x700px) Image search: [Google]
1471332399596.jpg
337KB, 640x700px
>>379054342
you can figure it out yourself if you want to, but dont cry about the game being too hard because you didnt want to read the manual
>>
I'm going to replay La Mulana at some point. When I do, I'm going to write shit down on paper, because that's what you apparently need to do to solve many of the otherwise archaic puzzles that I couldn't figure out.
>>
File: 1495828591913.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1495828591913.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
>>379055123
>this
>going out after HK singlehandedly blew the fuck out all other metroidvanias
May as well get stuck in development hell forever.
>>
>>379055218
>Bawww, cry me a river for taking a huge dump on your favourite game.
All you've done is cry though because you had to go heal too often because you're trash.
>Actually play in games with threatening enemies, then we will talk.
Such as?
>And you never face them with anything but full health.
Yes and?
>>
File: lemeza2.jpg (44KB, 483x461px) Image search: [Google]
lemeza2.jpg
44KB, 483x461px
>>379055289
>Hollow Knight
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>379041519
I played this without a guide and it was really fun.

You don't need your fucking hand held in every single game.
>>
>>379055465
yeah and i'm malcom x.
>>
File: Bosses.jpg (86KB, 718x429px) Image search: [Google]
Bosses.jpg
86KB, 718x429px
>>379055289
>Flash game looking kusoge
>Non existent difficulty
>Dog shit music by some literal who composer that got paid buttons for his work (and it shows)

L M A O
Hollow cucks are irrelevant. You can't even have a thread without me making you pitiful cunts cry.
>>
Am I the only one ITT that doesn't like either La Mulana and Hollow Knight? They both nearly bored me to death.
>>
>>379055518
>You can't even have a thread without me making you pitiful cunts cry.
That explains why he's here making a retard out of himself then. Some kneejerk reaction to you derailing his thread?
>>
>>379054442
>Almost every metroidvania i've seen rewards high skill play better.
What are you even talking about? Your reward for not getting hit is not needing to waste your time healing. This goes for literally every game. Speedrunners can get through La-Mulana with only half the max HP and never needing to go to the spring. They don't need to worry about wasting time at the spring because they're high skilled, unlike you. Similarly, fucking METROID is designed to waste your time if you're being shit and getting to low health. The devs intentionally scatter around infinite enemy spawns so the player can sit around farming health one pickup at a time.
>>
>>379047136
No one enjoys to be called a casual, but you are being called that for good reasons.
>>
>>379055367
>All you've done is cry
Oh no, i'm just making fun of an awful, piss easy game that deliberately wastes your time instead of actually providing a challenge.
>Such as?
Even the ancient examples like SotN have a shitton of enemies that can actually deal a fuckton of damage to you unlike LM.
>Yes and?
With full HP not a single boss in the game can realistically whittle you down, especially given how primitive they are.
>>
File: 1494064379968.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1494064379968.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>knife is useless
>key-sword is useless
>katana is useless
>axe is overpowered
>>
>>379055831
>axe
>overpowered
how to spot the shitter who couldn't get the mace
>>
>>379055831
Knife is situationally stronk and even better with the gauntlet. Keyblade actually becomes one of the strongest weapons once you've broken all the mantra seals.
>>
>>379055764
>Oh no, i'm just making fun of an awful, piss easy game that deliberately wastes your time instead of actually providing a challenge.
>Boo hoo I can't play because I have to keep healing b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but it's easy i swear it just wastes my time!

>Even the ancient examples like SotN have a shitton of enemies that can actually deal a fuckton of damage to you unlike LM.
SoTN.....threatening enemies....lol.....
This guy is the definition of a casual. Had trouble with SoTN aka the easiest metroidvania of all time.

>With full HP not a single boss in the game can realistically whittle you down, especially given how primitive they are.
Good thing I said bosses kill you in a few hits then and only said regular enemies whittle you down.

Next?
>>
>>379055831
>Knife
>useless
nigga what
>>
File: 1496336331438.png (365KB, 516x363px) Image search: [Google]
1496336331438.png
365KB, 516x363px
>>379055646
I'm just taking a backseat this thread and watching this hollow knight cuck get blown the fuck out.
It is pure comedy kino t b h w y

I don't even need to step in because he's specifically ignoring my posts lmao
>>
File: (you).jpg (155KB, 466x379px) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
155KB, 466x379px
>>379041519
>>
File: ftt.jpg (96KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ftt.jpg
96KB, 640x480px
/v/ used to love La-Mulana
>>
>>379055952
The key sword becomes strong, but it's still outclassed by the flail whip by the time you get to that point. I always saw it as a puzzle item, since it's required to fight the final boss.
>>
>>379056152
Times are changing
>Oblivion used to get shit on
>Baldur's Gate 2 threads would randomly appear and would have legit discussions on the game

neo-/v/ is real
>>
>>379056152
only the literal retards who are used to handholding hate it
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpNfdUVajPU
Best song.
Prove. Me. Wrong.
>>
>>379041519
>boot up La Maluna
>hyped because /v/ says it's hard but fun
>start it up
>jump once
>uninstall
Not for me, family
>>
>>379056856
derrrrr git gud. u r trash.
>>
>>379056856
the controls takes some time getting used to
>>
>>379056856
Yeah, jumping is pretty awkward, you get used to it though.
>>
>>379047136
>don't read the fucking manual and bonus materials
>go into a game that's designed to be a homage to old-school gaming, from a time where reading the booklet before starting was practically mandatory, without any preparation beforehand

It's your fault for being a huge retard. The manual practically walks you through the starting area.
>>
>>379057239
that kind of shit should've stayed in the past. shovel knight is homage done right.
>>
>>379056856
The controls have to be learned but not because the designers neglected that aspect, the game simply wants you to move around in a certain way.

People say controlling Lemeza gets much easier once you get the feather, and it's true, but by that point you'll be used to it anyway. Therefore - you'll truly get gud.

t. someone who uninstalled and gave up on the game before picking it up with an X360 pad and sinking 140 hours into it. It's legit one of my favorite vidyas now. And I've played a fucking few.
>>
>>379057472
Shovel Knight is a platformer inspired by Duck Tales and Megaman, La Mulana is a metroidvania inspired by Pitfall and The Maze of Galious, there's a difference.

Stop being a fucking casual.
>>
File: 1487808305614.jpg (120KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487808305614.jpg
120KB, 960x720px
>>379057472
>Comparing a shitty action platformer to puzzle one
>HURR READING IS FOR FAGGOTS
Thread posts: 137
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.