[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How bad is fallout 4? I heard about it's issues, but it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

How bad is fallout 4?
I heard about it's issues, but it's ratings seem high

I liked both Fallout 3 and NV, despite ppl saying how bad Fallout 3 was it was pretty good

Is Fallout 4 that bad that it's worse than 3?
>>
Personally I'd put 4 above 3, but below NV and the original two. It's lacking a bunch of real role play options, but I'm a huge fucking autist who loves player housing and base building. That's most of the game, so if that isn't something you're into look for something else.
>>
tode worard wizerd: Buy me gam e
>>
>>379040802

You missed finding out for yourself. It was free to play on Steam last week.
>>
>>379040802
you're a wizard, you should know
>>
File: 3983837.png (44KB, 588x427px) Image search: [Google]
3983837.png
44KB, 588x427px
It's not a role playing game anymore, it's borderlands set in the fallout universe with added crafting and settlement building mechanics.

Shoot and loot, best enjoyed on survival difficulty.
Buy on sale.
>>
>>379040802
It is more of an action game than an RPG now, it was better than Fallout 3 for me though and not as good as NV.

It is fun though it fails in the RPG department
>>
I enjoyed it more than 3 and NV since the combat and exploration werent total horseshit. Almost felt like I was playing a worse version of STALKER. If you played these games for the roleplaying then tough luck though, that aspect is terrible.
>>
I once saved on a bridge I needed to go across and when I loaded it back up the next day I kept falling through it too my death.

Uninstalled it right there, the fact Besthesda gets away with this shit in 2017 is astounding when any other dev would be fucking lambasted about it
>>
>>379040802
>despite ppl saying how bad Fallout 3 was it was pretty good

It's on your mental level OP you'll like it.
>>
If you liked New Vegas you will most likely hate Fallout 4
If you liked Skyrim you will most likely dislike Fallout 4
>>
>>379040802

There's already two other Toddposting containment threads up, go fuck off to one of those. Thanks.
>>
i dont get how people say fallout 4 is less of a roleplaying game than fallout 3

other than a bigger dialog box, what were the expanded roleplaying options in f3? was it the linear 2 hour tutorial or the railroad of a main quest
>>
>>379042587
Fallout 3 had more quests, Fallout 4 was filled with radiant shit.

It at least had dialogue options that correlated with what was being said. It gave more options than standardized emotions with no nuance.

Some choices mattered pan the capital wasteland not a whole lot but a least a few. Almost nothing in 4 mattered outside of the immediate vicinity of where it was given.

I think 3 is awful and i always feel weird defending it even in comparison to 4 but 4 just didn't even try in anyway possible to be compelling at all. I'm not sure it failed at being an RPG because it really wasn't trying to be that, it just failed in being a good game.
>>
>>379040802
It is what you'd expect of a game that was hoping to rake in that sweet paid mods profit for doing literally nothing that was still in development when paid mods was axed.

The engine and basics are alright, and there's some solid stuff there like the PA customization, actually measuring up to the standard expected of modern FPS games, ect, but the game reeks of hastily patched together out of what they had finished at the time.

Every time I play the game, I always find myself thinking the same thing about almost every aspect of it: "It they'd actually given a crap, this game had so much potential to be so much better."

That and "Who the hell thought a voiced protagonist and this ass-backwards dialogue system was a good idea?"
>>
>>379042587
>i dont get how people say fallout 4 is less of a roleplaying game than fallout 3

The whole Wasteland Survival Guide quest chain has more variety and opportunity to RP then anything I remember in F4.
>>
>>379042935

The paid mods bit is an interesting angle. Is it possible that the voiced dialogue was meant to separate the official content from mod quests, since most mods wouldn't include dialogue? They could have then recommended not using the dynamic camera for conversations within mods, thus differentiating the official "cinematic" experience from custom offerings. Maybe the dream was to simplify dialogue enough to encourage more quest mods being produced quicker, but I'm just pulling things out of my ass here.
>>
I'm not really a fallout fan but I liked it. The only thing I don't like from what I played was that it felt like they expected you to just build half of the settlements you find

on one hand it's cool that you have those options but on the other hand it was like they said 'instead of us building a beautifully crafted world we'll just let the player do the building

I guess having a good world has never been the strong suit of the modern fallout games since they're riddled with invisible walls and conveniently placed rubble and barriers. At least FO4 wasn't so bad in that area.
>>
>>379040802
Depends on what you want. The combat, graphics and quality of voice acting are far beyond any other Fallout game. The factions are still not nearly as good as NV, but far better than FO3.

Anyways, if you liked FO3 you will love FO4. It is a straight upgrade. If you are a cancerous NVfag who tries to force their general into /v/ then you probably won't.
>>
>stick survival mode on
>install vore (with digestion and disposal) and fart mods, also CBBE
>digesting enemies slightly increases breast/butt size and muscularity and height
>kill enemies by punching, eating, farting, projectile vomiting and shitting on them
>game is now actually alright
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.