[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whose bright idea was it to add finishers to the game and let

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: Skyrim[1].jpg (114KB, 1080x600px) Image search: [Google]
Skyrim[1].jpg
114KB, 1080x600px
Whose bright idea was it to add finishers to the game and let enemies do it too? I've had to have died over 30 times by now without enemies actually reducing my health to 0
>>
>>379040529
Fucking this.
It's sickening how many times I've mentally prepared to block or dodge only for the game to decide to kill me
>>
File: 1492613541781.jpg (309KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1492613541781.jpg
309KB, 700x700px
TODD DID NOTHING WRONG
>>
Get the no-kill cam mod.

It's pretty fucking stupid, the game will just give you a percentage chance to die even if the enemy can't kill you.
>>
>>379040529
honestly I kinda like it. you can argue its more realistic, because how is wearing magic gloves of +100 health going to prevent you from getting your head chopped off? if they get a lucky hit to the neck or heart, you're dead kiddo, nothin perssonel.

Fun story, my first playthrough, Riften was the last place I explored, I was super decked out in magic ebony armor, could slaughter dragons by looking at them, etc. Went down into the sewers, killed a few rats, then a fucking homeless guy comes out of nowhere, grabs me from behind and suplexes me, killing me instantly. And thus the world fell to darkness as Alduin devoured all existence, and Skyrim was the last game in the series. the end.
>>
>>379043108
that would be fine if the game was fucking consistent with realism

you don't get to have sword sponges who can tank 50 sword swings to the face and then claim realism for shitty mechanics
>>
>>379043457
why is making you pay more attention to combat, even at high levels, a shitty mechanic? you can just turn it off with mods, or better yet just give yourself infinite health if you cant stand dying
>>
>>379043736
>hurr durr u can fix it with mods

fuck off todd
>>
>>379043789
i mean you can do something about it, or you can be a whiny bitch online, clearly you made your choice
>>
>>379043934
>Make bad and broken game
>"Let the players fix it!"
Genius Todd.
>>
>>379043736
>why is making you pay more attention to combat
Except it has nothing to do with "paying attention". A dragon can suddenly decide to eat you and you can't stop it.
>>
>>379040529
I have about 50 hours in skyrim and have not once had an enemy kill cam me, I think you guys are just shit.
>>
>>379044038
they eat you if you are standing directly in front them them trying to bonk them on the head. if you position yourself smartly, or use range and put obstacles between you, it cant eat you. most people figure this out after 1 or 2 dragon fights.
>>
>>379044030
He's right you know, you just come off as someone who's whining because you want to.
>>
>>379045365
No, that's absolute bullshit. If the game can't run by itself or some aspects are broken and you have to go out and find a player-made solution, then yes. you have the right to complain. It's like buying a car but then the dealer tells you that you can't use your headlights, so you go out of your way to get some yourself. Modding only amplified the flaws of the game, even the most obvious of features have to be modded in. Heck, there isn't a mod out there that could fix the combat from being boring.
>>
Wow, cry more.
>>
>>379040529
>tfw you can decapitate ghosts

Why is this game so fucking stupid?
>>
>>379045583
it's not 'broken' just because you don't like it. they clearly meant for dragons to always be able to kill you no matter how strong you are, and extended it to enemies as well. bitching because they didnt make the game exactly to your tastes, ESPECIALLY when so many mods to change what you dont like are out there, is pure unfiltered retardation. please re-evaluate your life.
>>
>>379045720
>Implying I'm even talking about the dragons
I whined this >>379044030
>>
>>379045813
yeah it's too bad such a bad and broken game was so insanely popular and made so many millions of dollars. clearly everyone else is just retarded and should be angry that sometimes enemies kill them.
>>
>>379044182
This. I'm also playing at higher difficulty and with combat mods that make combat more challenging and deadly by emphasizing timing, stamina management, dodging, etc. I haven't been unexpectedly kill-moved by anything yet except when trying to raid that bandit place by Riften, the one with all the dogs. As I was going in after killing the pit dogs, some nigga shot me with an arrow from above, and another nigga dashed in from outside and ran me through from behind. It was actually pretty satisfying. People criticize the Skyrim combat, and it's true that it should have been WAY better out of the box, but many critiques seem to stem from people just trying to stand in one spot and left click repeatedly
>>
>>379046163
>just trying to stand in one spot and left click repeatedly
Yeah, cheesing the AI sure is high level play. Bet you feel smart whenever you solve a "puzzle" in that game as well.
>>
>>379046417
Yea, there are no puzzles, I know. But dodging, parrying, blocking, and bashing aren't cheesing.
>>
>>379045707
>you can decapitate ghosts with a blunt mace
>>
>>379040529
The fucking dragons were the worst for that.

>play on the hardest difficulty
>dragons can do their finisher on you when you're at full health
>you don't even need to be in front of them for it to happen and you just get teleported if you're behind/to the side of them
>>
File: 1482924318185.jpg (56KB, 608x648px) Image search: [Google]
1482924318185.jpg
56KB, 608x648px
>>379046417
>>
>>379046527
>Dodging
Except you can't do that bucko, unless you're talking about just messing with the AI's tracking ability at range.
Otherwise you're just walking out of their range, hardly a dodge.
>blocking/parrying
>not the same thing
Just hold down right click whenever you're not attacking, wow you're skilled.

>bashing
Yeah, I love every fight being bash, hit, bash, hit, bash, hit.. Very engaging.
>>
>>379045583
Mods are free, car parts isn't.
>>
>>379046163
yeah combat gets really satisfying with a few tweaks. Skyrim as a whole, has some of the most satisfying moments in video games imo. Like sneaking up to a bandit ambush rockfall trap, and using Throw Voice to lure them under their own trap, and then climbing up and springing it on them.
I think my all time most satisfying was managing to kill Estormo on max difficulty, when literally anything he did one-shot me. After like an hour, I finally killed his bitch ass, sucked out his soul into a soulstone, bound him into a pair of shitty boots, and threw them into the ocean. fuck that asshole.
>>
>>379046817
>bash hit bash hit

you just described ever single game with sword combat.
>>
>>379046921
>Morrowind
>hit
>still miss
>>
>>379046820
Mods still require someone to put time and effort into working on them.
>>
You really suck at this game. Wear armor or cast a shield spell. Only big things like giants can instakill you
>>
>>379047001
you're putting time and effort into making these garbage posts...
>>
>>379046817
Why are you talking about skill? No one claimed to be exceptionally skilled. Just calm down...

When enemies go to power attack or lunge at you, you can easily move out of the way if you anticipate it. I guess you're wanting a roll or twirl or something. Those would have been cool, yeah

I guess it's from a mod i have, but you can spec into some parry skills that proc if you time blocks and stuff
>>
>>379046921
>Dark Messiah
>Chivalry
>M&B
To name a few.
>>
>>379043108
Shut up, faggot.
>>
>>379047101
>When enemies go to power attack or lunge at you, you can easily move out of the way if you anticipate it.
No you can't, because they're not locked in the direction they're striking.
They can follow you around in a nice 360 if they wanted. The only way to "dodge" is simply walk out of range.
You're obviously playing with mods, and I'm saying the game is shit. Not the mods.
>>
File: 1cc.png (347KB, 600x788px) Image search: [Google]
1cc.png
347KB, 600x788px
>>379046575
Its mostly because Bethesda got lazy with their ghosts, they're just transparent Humanoid NPCs unlike Morrowinds or Oblivions ghosts which had their own separate models and animations scared the ever living shit out of me and made me panic
>>
File: qUOZIfl.jpg (98KB, 600x894px) Image search: [Google]
qUOZIfl.jpg
98KB, 600x894px
>>379047654
>>379046575
>>
>>379044182
Killcam moves literally teleport you and the enemy and instantly kill you with no way of defending yourself. It works both ways and it's annoying both ways, I just turn this shit off for everyone.
>>
>>379047654
There's these cool black ghost undead things in meridia's temple, I think they're entirely unique just to that quest. The regular ghosts are lame and say the same annoying shit over and over.
>>
>>379045583
Fuck nigga, you whine so fucking much for no reason
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.