[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /v/, I always really liked the Wipeout series, to the point

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

So /v/, I always really liked the Wipeout series, to the point of it being the reason I got a PSP and Vita even though there's fuck else on them. However, I fucking suck at them. Played 2048 a decent bit but abandoned it without even half the single player done.

However, I want to change that. With omega coming out, I think I want to go fucking hard in this shit. Git gud to the point where I can start competing for top leaderboards. What's some basic shit I should know and start training in to beat the shit out of the game and people online? May as well dust off the vita as well to start practising early.
>>
File: WipEout Tigron Quadcopter.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
WipEout Tigron Quadcopter.webm
3MB, 640x360px
Start with WipEout HD, then Pure or Pulse, then try 2048 again. You can play the older ones if you want by they play differently. Don't feel intimidated, WipEout was never an easy series. It comes from a time where games reward good skill, so don't give up practicing. You can do it senpai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxzYkTralIA
>>
>>379024861
Unfortunately I have no idea where my PSP is right now, so that's out (PS3 also currently not hooked up, though it does have HD+Fury). I'll check this video out, then hop on 2048 again as that's about all I have. Got a huge backlog of games to play but fuck it, I have to work on this first.

Also Wipeout miniatures when.
>>
File: WipEout 2048 .webm (3MB, 800x452px) Image search: [Google]
WipEout 2048 .webm
3MB, 800x452px
>>379025150
If you got a good PC you can play Pure and Pulse on the PPSSPP emulator. It's all free

>Wipeout miniatures when
Now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9mf1DBwr2o
>>
>>379025393
Ah, never tried PPSSPP, I'm sure my computer can run it.

Also isn't that antigrav thing a reviewer only thing? Actually I just realised those are probably super easy to 3d print, should look into that sometime.
>>
>>379025686
Yep, emulator up and running. Seems to work fine. Now for practice.
>>
>>379026460
Good luck my man
>>
>>379024861
Wipeout doesn't require skills. It has meme turns just to make you memorize the track
Memorizing a track is not a skill, it's based on repetition.
>>
I have one question
Dual Shock 4 controller (X button) is not analog pressure sensitive
Will they use R1 and R2 for air breaker?
>>
>>379029548
Anon are you trying to start shit again? WipEout is a 20 year old niche series and even then it still lives to this day, with numerous copycats floating around too. If you knew anything about the series, you'd know that that kind of merit is not due to it being casual. Anything but.
>>
>>379024185
Biggest mistake people make when starting, especially if you are playing ps1 or bng, is overbraking. Airbrakes are not something to be slammed, they are to be used lighting pre-corner to giver yourself a better angle and tapped mid-turn if required on longer/sharper turns. Airbrakes are still brakes and slow you down, learn to only use them when necessary. Opposite breaking is something repeatedly drilled into people but it's usually a crutch to get people out of bad situations because they were braking and steering too hard to begin with.
>>379029548
>meme turns
t. pinballer
>>
>>379025393
>that track width
layout itself looks really cool, but god, fuck 2048. More dumbing down for casuls.
>>
>>379030360
to be fair that track has next to no guiderails to prevent you from going into fucking orbit at Mach 10
>>
>>379030459
I guess so, but my god still is that ever wide. I hope the other tracks aren't nearly as wide as that
>>
>>379030539
2048 was made with slightly wider tracks in comparison to other games to attract newcomers because every other WipEout has 2 inch wide tracks. Playing that shit on phantom can be intimidating for new folks.
>>
>>379029957
how many tracks does Wipeout 2 or 3 has? 4?
it's a shit game made by britbongs with no talent
>>
>>379030672
I know, a la mentioning casuls, but I didn't think they were that wide. I guess if Sol is an exception, I'll have to live with it.
>>
>379030743
>Wipeout 2
Wipeout 2097, and it has double the tracks you guessed.

>Wipeout 3
That one has quadruple the tracks you guessed.

Try again, bait-kun. No (you) for you.
>>
>>379031049
Why are you even pretending to respond to him
let him be retarded on his own
>>
>>379031183
~le superior redditor
>>
File: 1451300976394.jpg (27KB, 705x696px) Image search: [Google]
1451300976394.jpg
27KB, 705x696px
>>379025393
I need that
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.