[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post any one flaw about this game, but it can't be something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 11

Post any one flaw about this game, but it can't be something that has already been mentioned in the thread.
>>
Stickers
>>
No exp and consumable sticker system makes normal battles nothing but a complete waste of time.
>>
it smells like butt
>>
>>379023623
Bland as fuck story and writing.
>>
Everything, minus stickers, no exp and the smell
>>
Toads, shitty companion
>>
Bosses can be one-shot with a special sticker
>>
Made by nu-ntendo
>>
>>379023623
>3DS
am I a fucking manchild? fuck nintendo!
>>
>>379023623
I thought it was really gay when I beat the first boss without using a special sticker and the game berated me for it

fuck me right, wanting to actually fight the bosses without just 1 shotting them
>>
Toad.
>>
No partners.
>>
File: 1464479210273.jpg (115KB, 647x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1464479210273.jpg
115KB, 647x1000px
What's the best 3ds mario rpg?
>>
>>379025314
Dream Team or Paper Jam, they both have their flaws and strengths that make them about equal
>>
File: 1491495437955.jpg (807KB, 1495x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1491495437955.jpg
807KB, 1495x1500px
>>379025593
thanks
>>
>>379023623
When Mario jumps he doesn't go "Hoo" or "Haa", also when he does his hammer attack he doesn't go "Hrrnng" while charging it up.

Also no stylish moves.
>>
>>379023623
Not nearly enough Toads
>>
OP here, posting something so this doesn't die too quickly.

Alongside the shitty story and writing, Bowser doesn't say a single word in this game. Such a shame; His performance is great in all of the other games in the series.
>>
No toadette
can't fuck the crown
the crown isn't a waifu
>>
how did color splash do in sales?
>>
>>379025593
I liked Dream Team more just because the aesthetic design is really interesting and beautiful compared to Paper Jam's boring NSMB aesthetic
>>
It ruined Paper Jam's potential since it only took inspiration from Sticker Star.
>>
I think Paper Mario needs the Old Yeller treatment at this point.
>>
>>379023623
It was Produced by Kensuke Tanabe.
>>
File: 1457374122825.jpg (492KB, 1800x1330px) Image search: [Google]
1457374122825.jpg
492KB, 1800x1330px
>>379023623
The final area only had 4 rooms. 1 was door, one had a mini-boss, one was a moving carpet to Bowser and one was the final boss battle stage.
>>
>>379031278
Honestly I dig that. After a long RPG I just want to hit up the final boss.
>>
>>379031441
>Not wanting a satisfying final dungeon
Just because there's shit ones out there doesn't all of them should be two rooms.
>>
>>379031441
I hate it, it doesn't test you with a series of rooms with everything you've learned up to that point & possibly new twists to things. It just feels lazy as fuck.
>>
>>379031534
I haven't seen many satisfying final dungeons. All I think about when I am in the final dungeon is "When can I finally get to the final boss?"
>>
>>379031743
Do you just hate dungeons?
>>
>>379031801
So disliking prolonged final dungeons means I dislike all dungeons? Not surprising that people on here continually make such leaps in logic.
>>
>>379032112
He was just asking, Anon, calm down. Also it should be prolonged in my opinion, just satisfyingly long. There's 2 ends to a lengthy/short dungeon & Sticker Star goes on the short side, they could've made it at least a little more than that.
>>
I dislike how they handled the world. Treating it like a typical Mario stage select but as an RPG. I get what they were aiming for. But they fucked up.
>>
File: [stress intensifies].png (1KB, 96x128px) Image search: [Google]
[stress intensifies].png
1KB, 96x128px
>>379032112
>>379032302
>Also it should be prolonged in my opinion, just satisfyingly long.
I meant shouldn't.
>>
File: 1495019018140.gif (1MB, 351x167px) Image search: [Google]
1495019018140.gif
1MB, 351x167px
>>379023623
>tfw i spent 60 hours in this game
>>
Five uninspired worlds and no final dungeon is way to short.
>>
Bowser, the final boss, is a complete and utter failure of game design. The entire boss is a gauntlet of enemies, where each stage requires a different random type of SUPER STICKER to pass with any ease, and during the LITERAL ENTIRE BOSS FIGHT you cannot use you JUMP STICKERS on the boss.

I cannot stress how angry I am about this, the whole game you are saving your best stickers: your megaflash clone and infini-jump, only to find that on the final boss, the enemy you want to use these stickers that you searched and farmed from each individual level are COMPLETELY FUCKING USELESS.

I actually played through the whole fucking game, and I managed to make it to the final boss, thinking (in my infinite stupidity) "Hey, I can probably knock the crown off somehow and use all these jumps clogging my inventory later in the fight, I'll keep attacking with hammers since every other attack HURTS ME". And guess what? In the final stage of the Bowser fight, after that sticker crown following thing gave up it's dumb miserable life for me, I fucking killed myself by USING JUMP STICKERS OVER AND OVER AGAIN UNTIL I DIED because I had the misfortune to LITERALLY RUN OUT OF HAMMERS.

FUCK OFF.
>>
>>379033007
Did you know Color Splash pretty repeats this Jump issue also? Due to the black paint on Bowser hurting you upon contact you're forced to use anything but Jump cards on him (well, Iron Jumps work but you might as well stick to Hammers). Although the fight as a whole isn't nearly as bad as Sticker Star Bowser since you're not forced to use any Thing stickers on him, you're basically just depleting his HP while using Huey to block to contain the Black Paint.
>>
>>379023623
Let's see.
>Generic boring levels
>Generic boring characters
>Long boring dialogues
>Awful battle system
>easily forgotten music
>World is so small

Just from the top of my head.
And yes, I played the game.
>>
File: 1457429788442.jpg (46KB, 584x409px) Image search: [Google]
1457429788442.jpg
46KB, 584x409px
>>379023623
Every Action Command is only a timed A-press & lacks variety, no holding left for a Hammer or tapping a series of buttons like Vivian & Sushi made you do, just A, it's repetitive & dull.
>>
>>379029540
Same, but the tutorials were awful. I just hope they hear the complaints of players who hated the tutorials in the previous games to fix them in new Mario and Luigi RPG
>>
>>379023623
It ditched the twangy, upbeat music that's really not able to be described as anything but Paper Mario music. It's electronic, but not electronic music. It's funky, but not funk music. It's upbeat, but not dance music.

Don't get me wrong; I love jazz. I just wish they kept the old sound instead.
>>
Action commands don't have prompts. In any of the older games, if there's a button you need to press or what have you, the game will tell you what to do to execute the attack as effectively as possible. Despite dumbing everything else down, Sticker Star just assumes you know when to use action commands.

You could save a super rare thing sticker to use against a really tough enemy, and when you finally use it, the the thing will appear on screen, and then go away because you didn't know you had to press the button at a certain interval. (or, in certain cases, blowing into the semi-unresponsive 3DS microphone). Plus, in Sticker Star, attacks are consumables, and you can only have one of each thing sticker in your inventory at a time, so if you blow it on your first try, you have to go back to where you found the thing, then go back to Toad Town to stickerify it, then go back to where you wanted to use it just to get back to where you were before.
>>
reminder since Nintendo fans are such drones this game sold up to nearly 2 million copies while good games on the 3DS barely make half a million
>>
>>379034973
Yeah, that was a big issue, my first time beating it I actually didn't know Thing stickers even had Action Commands, I thought they were just long cutscenes. This also is a problem in Color Splash, I was aware of them this time around but I didn't know when/what to do exactly for all of them.
>>
>>379035193
Nobody knew it would be this bad. Paper Mario was still a good series to most people when it was released. You also have to take into account of the literally children, and that companies don't minus sales when someone returns one of their games.
>>
>>379035193
They're probably got tricked like me. I saw a companion in old screenshots and expecting it to be great like all Paper Mario games, but it was bad.
>>
File: chain chomp partner.webm (399KB, 794x430px) Image search: [Google]
chain chomp partner.webm
399KB, 794x430px
>>379035492
Damn are you relatable, I saw that shit too & I was hooked right away. RIP Chain Chomp partner.
>>
File: Bitches git Stiches.png (47KB, 135x131px) Image search: [Google]
Bitches git Stiches.png
47KB, 135x131px
>>379034385
That's actually a really good point that I don't see brought up often.

Even Super has it's own button for Pixls and used the D-pad for things like Peach's umbrella-shield and Bowser's fire. Sticker Star literally just doesn't do anything right.
>>
The game flip-flops in between telling you things that are very obvious and refusing to tell you things that are difficult to intuit
>>
>>379036739
Yeah, it's a subtle thing that go by a lot of people I notice. Every Mario RPG has had a variety of action commands, even SMRPG did with the Special movies like the cloud ability Bowser had making you rotate the d-pad or charging up a beam with Geno. It's surprising how a series of small things can really add onto a battle system.
>>
>>379035583
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK

GOD DAMN NINTENDO GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES

YOU REHASH THE FUCK OUT OF MARIO BUT YOU WON'T DO IT FOR PAPER MARIO ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

SERIOUSLY MIYAMOTO, TANABE, FUCKING QUIT NINTENDO, YOU'RE PAST YOUR FUCKING PRIMES

YOU RUINED EVERYTHING YOU FAGGOTS
>>
>>379031278

Bowser Jr's airship is the final dungeon.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.