[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The degreaser seems overrated to me. I prefer using a backburner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: degreaser.jpg (121KB, 1010x360px) Image search: [Google]
degreaser.jpg
121KB, 1010x360px
The degreaser seems overrated to me.

I prefer using a backburner + reserve shooter combo in casual. I can only airblast 4 times but I try to play around ammo boxes, and if they turn around before I can finish them with the backburner then the RS guarantees a one-shot kill.

Am I wrong? Could I be much more effective with the Pyro if I used the degreaser and spammed more airblasts?
>>
Pyro belongs in the trash, virtually any other class is more useful
>>
>>379022373
It's not overrated. The faster you can switch off of the pyro's shitty primary the better.
>>
File: 1413801055917.png (3KB, 186x186px) Image search: [Google]
1413801055917.png
3KB, 186x186px
>>379022373
Stop playing pyro.
>>
>>379022542
it's easier for me to top frag with pyro than any other class, unless i'm pocketed as a heavy or something.
>>
>>379022373
the degreaser is and has always been overrated, it's a crutch for try-hard idiots that watch youtube tf2 ecelebs and don't have one original thought in their heads
>>
>>379022373
Backburner is plenty fine assuming you're good at reflecting. It has stock afterburn plus the added benefit of denying dead ringers and melting teams assuming you can get behind them.
>>
>>379022373
I like rolling the cancer combo of degreaser, flare gun, and axtinguisher.
>>
>>379022373
You could play overwatch instead
>>
>>379022676
>he thinks top frags makes you win the game
No wonder you play pyro. At least you're not a sniper.
>>
>>379023524
I got bored super quickly with Overwatch. I prefer TF2.
>>
>>379023634
They're often impactful kills man. Like on 2 heavies with 2 pockets and I swoop in from behind and kill or heavily damage all of them right before they enter a base with the cart.
>>
I miss the old Axetinguisher + Degreaser combo before the nerfs
Who thought nerfing an underpowered class like the Pyro was a good idea?
>>
File: DUN-DUUUNNN.gif (1MB, 179x179px) Image search: [Google]
DUN-DUUUNNN.gif
1MB, 179x179px
>the Degreaser is the only Pyro primary that people want to use. Also, the pyro is without an argument not a strong class. He's not pocketable, he's not particularly good at his role, and he has no role in any competitive meta. What do we do about this?

>We nerf it to be as bad as every other flamethrower.
>Yes, perfect.
>>
>>379024265
>What do we do about this?

>we make spy faster than pyro
>YES, PERFECT
>>
I use backburner, detonator and backscratcher and spend every game going sneaky ways to get behind the whole enemy team.
Even if I die in the process I usually knock out medics who tend to be at the back of groups, and by the time everyone realizes I'm there there's no easy way to get the burn off.
Playing Pyro "efficiently" is for fags.
>>
>>379025350
Back Scratcher is a great tool for goofing off in pubs, I'm glad it's dodged every balance pass.
>>
>tfw I was just 2 frags away from my first 100 frag game and I was bb+rs pyro

IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR
>>
>>379026106
>bb+rs

People use RS without the degreaser?
>>
File: 35h4b.jpg (15KB, 466x466px) Image search: [Google]
35h4b.jpg
15KB, 466x466px
>>379022373
Remember when the axtinguisher was both fast and deadly and pyro was an actual close combat threat?? Good times
>>
>>379025540
It's not like there's anything they could do to it without essentially removing it.
But they have done that a lot.
>>
dead ringer is fair and balanced prove me wrong
>>
>>379026957
youre wrong
>>
>>379026957
I mean a DR spy is shit in competitive or a high level isn't it?

But that doesn't make his presence in casual enjoyable at all. His abilities are anti-fun.
>>
File: 1494521909244.png (51KB, 168x207px) Image search: [Google]
1494521909244.png
51KB, 168x207px
>>379026527
The Pyro update is just gonna fuck him over more, i know it. 6 devs can't balance shit.
>>
File: gas jockey.jpg (32KB, 407x228px) Image search: [Google]
gas jockey.jpg
32KB, 407x228px
I stopped using the Degreaser when they removed the set bonus you got while wearing the Attendant hat. I enjoyed running faster all of the time.
>>
>>379028123
speaking of this
why the fuck didnt they just remove the hat from the set and keep the bonuses?
>>
>>379024359
You forgot how spy now has built in after burn immunity for 6 secs on the deadringer to go along with the speed buff and damage reduction.
>>
File: tf oh no charlie scout.jpg (11KB, 236x247px) Image search: [Google]
tf oh no charlie scout.jpg
11KB, 236x247px
>>379022373
Tf2 should be balanced in this fashion.

>1: Take the stock classes, buff the outliers weaker than "average tier" (spy and pyro), nerf the outliers stronger than "average tier" (medic).
>2: Rework any classes who are too good on defense but too bad on offense (engineer and heavy) so they don't cause stalemates, because stalemates are antifun and make the game drag on.
>3: Once you have done this, if a weapon is stronger than the class's stock option, nerf it to the level of stock. If a weapon is weaker than the class's stock option, buff it to the level of stock.
>4: If a weapon design is game-breaking, widely considered "unfun", or very unpopular in either pubs or comp (but not both), then rework it.
>>
>>379033905
>Rework any classes who are too good on defense but too bad on offense (engineer and heavy) so they don't cause stalemates, because stalemates are antifun and make the game drag on.
There's nothing wrong with these classes being good on defense, the real issue are the maps. PL, CTF, and AD are maps where these classes shine but they all have problems.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.