[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there actually people who browse this board who unironically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 308
Thread images: 41

File: Nier_Automata_cover_art.jpg (65KB, 357x399px) Image search: [Google]
Nier_Automata_cover_art.jpg
65KB, 357x399px
Are there actually people who browse this board who unironically didn't think this was a great game?
>>
inb4 ass memes, by the way
>>
I just got Ending E a few hours ago and I unironically think it was the best game I played in the past few years
>>
>>379021157
I thought it was amazing man, glad you did too. I've never played anything like it. The original Nier is fantastic too.
>>
>>379021157
there's 21 more endings
>>
>>379020849
Yeah, this game is actually phenomenal. I'd give this thread about 5 minutes before the shitposters appear to try to convince everyone it's bad.
>>
File: 1489946094303.jpg (129KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1489946094303.jpg
129KB, 1920x1080px
>>379021157
>devola/popola
>Nier 1's library
>9S has to fight 2Bs
>then has to fight 2B s flying around in mechs
>A2 makes the machines kill each other
>the camera cutting to a closeup of A2 when she reveals 2E
the rush of scenes when you enter the Tower was great for me
>>
It was alright, but just alright. Don't know what all the hype is about.
>>
yEAH, i SERIOUSLY TEARED UP A LITTLE BIT AT THE END, AND i DON"T REALLY CRY AT GAMES. fELT A REAL CONNECTION WHILE PLAYING.

gOD, JUST A REALLY GOOD GAME. eVERYONE SHOULD PLAY IT.
>>
>>379020849
Its one of the most shallow Platinum games, right up there with Korra and TMNT.
>>
>>379021765
Do you mean in terms of combat? That's a bad comparison, since it's not the same type of game as MGR or Bayonetta, and it's not trying to be.
>>
>>379021750
Can't tell if this is a meme but same. First time I teared up at ANY form of media in well over 2-3 years. Hell, I haven't even teared up over real life shit forever. This game really got to me
>>
I'm pretty sure it is. A pity I'll never get to experience it now.
>>
>>379021859

The original Nier made me feel something for the first time in years. Over a decade, maybe.
>>
>>379022191
Why's that anon?
>>
They took Nier and Bayonetta and we got the worst of both worlds. Still an alright game but it was kind of disappointing. The first Nier has better bosses too.
>>
/v/ memed me pretty hard on this game. I really tried too like it but it's just not fun. I got to the part where you beat the collosal machine and cause that ground too cave in and get the alien signal. I had to drop it there because I was just forcing myself.

Then I bought vanquish too remember platinum does make good games.
>>
>>379022324
>Worst of both worlds
The fuck? How so? We got an incredible Yoko Taro story/characters/atmosphere with fluid, fun Platinum gameplay. Sure, it's not as deep as their other games, but it's not the same type of game as them. It's a Yoko Taro game first and foremost.
>>
>>379020849
The only people who think it's great are emotionally undeveloped
>>
There's nothing good about it, it's all just fapbait bullshit.
>>
File: 1490837761757.jpg (48KB, 653x786px) Image search: [Google]
1490837761757.jpg
48KB, 653x786px
>>379021157
This
>>
>>379022323

I stopped reading the LP. I never "played" any of the games, but after TheDarkId LPs, it fealt like I had.
>>
>>379022545
>it's a Yoko Taro game first and foremost

This is an incredibly bad thing, prior to Automata all he had released is turds
>>
>>379022661

*felt
>>
I can't fap to 2B anymore now that I know she and 9S are unironically in love. I actually am having a hard time fapping at all after the ending. Feels weird man
>>
>>379022545
We got a very watered down Bayonetta with a story that's not as good as Nier's.
>>
File: 1494076044876.png (812KB, 781x1105px) Image search: [Google]
1494076044876.png
812KB, 781x1105px
im more sad about the fact that i know im not gonna play a game this good for a very, very long time than anything that happened in the story. /v/ spoiled a lot of it before i saw it, but thats my fault - no regrets, didnt take much joy from it.

2B on the bridge was pretty fucking rough, tho
>>
>>379020849
I liked it if that's what you're asking
>>
File: 2b_by_wlop-dat0mzo.jpg (131KB, 1131x707px) Image search: [Google]
2b_by_wlop-dat0mzo.jpg
131KB, 1131x707px
>>379022624
I like being smothered by grills tho.
>>
>>379022667
Turds is a little harsh. Have you played Nier? It's actually a masterpiece aside from the combat. I'm not saying that's not a big downside, because it is, but most of the complaints are only because of combat, which is fixed by having Platinum on board
>>
>>379020849

I just wish there was more of it. I haven't even gotten 100% yet but I've finished up most of the side quests and I'm a little sad at the lack of end game content.
>>
Just as predicted. Here come the shitposters.
>>
Regretted getting this game the day I bought it.
Wish I just got Persona 5 instead.
>>
OK, so will someone please tell me why the machines all look like Emil?
>>
File: 1493832098592.png (349KB, 854x734px) Image search: [Google]
1493832098592.png
349KB, 854x734px
>>379022624
>>
>>379022921
Maybe people are just being honest. But oh no that's impossible, people either think this game is amazing or they're shit posting, only explanation!
>>
>>379023080
Except notice how there's no actually well reasoned arguments as to why it's bad. It's all comparing it to Bayonetta (which is stupid) and saying it's waifubait.
>>
First game was overall better

t. bought Automata at launch and really, really wanted to like it. Soundtrack is good though
>>
>>379023149

What you're seeing is the regression of American society toward some sort of twisted Neo-Victorianism. Sex is bad, titties are evil, etc. etc. etc.
>>
>>379023149
Well you know no-one's saying they have to elaborate on why they don't like it, OP asked if there's people who don't think it's great and people came in and said "yeah, there is".
And besides they're not entirely wrong about the Bayonetta comparison, if you've played Bayonetta or any Platinum game for that matter, the combat will feel pretty disappointing.
>>
>>379023418
Except Nier Automata is a Yoko Taro game first, and a Platinum game second. It's not the same kind of game as Bayonetta or MGR, so making that comparison is useless. It's like comparing Mirror's Edge and Battlefield, since they're both Dice games. A better comparison would be to the original Nier's combat. In comparison to that, Automata is so much better.
>>
I wanted to like it, I really enjoyed the first but Automata is just bland and uninteresting.

The overworld was much worse than the first game. Combat was serviceable, but that only goes so far when the enemies are the practically the same for the 35+ hours of the game. The characters motives and development were as uninteresting as it could possibly get too.

In the original Nier, there was that sense of hopelessness but with some semblance of a goal to be achieved. The characters also were interesting with their own hangups and actual story to them.

In Automata it seemed like a bunch of autistic androids fighting each other for reasons they didn't even comprehend and the payoff was basically "because fuck you that's why". 2B going on with her generic "i must continue the mission at all costs!" and 9s with his generic anime rage.

Nier was a much more cohesive experience.
>>
File: 1495082645562.jpg (68KB, 496x750px) Image search: [Google]
1495082645562.jpg
68KB, 496x750px
>>379023347
And I fucking hate that regression with a passion.
>>
>>379020849
My experience with Nier:A

>Prologue
Great
>Now your out in the open world what do you do?
Try to get items for the side quest but didn't get enough so go allover the map doing side quests getting bored with the back-tracking
>Finish quest for the trader and progress story
Do more side shit and get bored with the game desperately want fast travel
>Go to the circus
Nice music but really small area, boss fight was decent
>Go give this fuel to Pascal
Run around the map twice because fuck you
>Some shit happens
This was nice didn't last long though
>Now you have fast travel lets do more side shit and boring quests tracking over areas you been before
>9S is gone
Now you got more side shit to do going to the same areas again
>Final act
This was good
>Start [B] route
Replaying the prologue from 9S perspective was cool
>First act
Ok now do all the boring shit you had to do earlier over again also we removed fast travel again because fuck you also you only have one weapon and combat revolves around a stupid minigame now
>Doing side quests I missed
But the combat is worse so you want to kill yourself
>9s goes missing
Finally something new
>Final act
Okay this was good
>Start [C] route
Finally some new content again
>Final act
Great 10/10
>endings
They were good but I wanted them to be longer.

Solid 7/10 with a good soundtrack, if route [B] started with fast travel and you had two weapons (sets dont count) and hacking was only used for chests/objects it could of been a lot better.
>>
>>379023919

Nothing to be done, unfortunately. Culture has been seized almost exclusively by the elites now. There is virtually zero upward mobility taking place to refresh and renew it.
>>
>>379023937
>>Now you have fast travel lets do more side shit and boring quests tracking over areas you been before
I wish I knew this I spent hours running across the map doing side quests before getting fast travel, also having to run to pascals village then back to camp then to pascal again twice with no fast travel.. what were they thinking?
>>
>>379020849
I thought it was okay but really disappointing. Was hoping for the dream team of Platinum game and zany Taro story. Got Taro game and a kind of disjointed story.

The characters really didn't do a whole lot for me and only 9S had enough screentime to go anywhere. A2 in particular was really hurting by the lack of script focus because the turning point of her character is the almost completely unmotivated decision to spare Pascal. She doesn't actually do a whole lot.
>>
File: 333JEwgb454.jpg (24KB, 353x353px) Image search: [Google]
333JEwgb454.jpg
24KB, 353x353px
>unironically

can we please stop using that retarded word?
>>
It's a weaker game compared to the first one, and the first game was just okay.

Feel free to hate me now since I dissed a taro game.
>>
>>379024419
I unironically think that it's a great word.
>>
>>379023803
Nier 1's story was pretty standard JRPG save the daughter stuff besides Emil's Mansion and the last hours of the game.

The strength of it lies in its dialogue between characters during side quests, Automata had a much more compelling main story especially in Route C.
>>
>>379023149
It takes time to write a long post only for it to get trashed in a hour or so when the thread gets archived who would put in the effort for a game they didn't enjoy?
>>
File: 1495549136506.png (2MB, 1199x1692px) Image search: [Google]
1495549136506.png
2MB, 1199x1692px
I just got the first non-joke ending and aside from the music and atmosphere (but Taro has never not delivered on these fronts so it was a given anyways) I'm not super impressed so far. The main characters and the story arent super compelling to me, the combat is disappointingly shallow for a platinum title, and so far I give more of a shit about the side characters than I do 2B and 9S. Their relationship feels extremely forced.

All that being said, DoD3 didn't start clicking for me until the 3rd or so route and Nier 1 took awhile to pick up too so I'm sure its the same for this too.
>>
>>379024547
Automata's story is standard FPS shit of "follow orders", so lets not even go there
>>
>>379024552
Um. Plenty of people? Are you new here?
>>
What was the best joke ending?
>>
File: 1492984741362.jpg (30KB, 750x573px) Image search: [Google]
1492984741362.jpg
30KB, 750x573px
>>379024547
>>379024547
>Nier 1's story was pretty standard JRPG
>Automata's story is standard FPS shit
>>
>>379024771
I am a shit poster I don't have time to write well thought out arguments.
>>
>>379024664
Adam and the aliens were the big reveals of the first half, nothing to do with following orders. Who the fuck is following orders in Route C when everything is going to shit?

Not even going to go into how retarded and ill-fitting Nier 1's Endings C and D are in the Daddy Nier version of the game that everyone played.
>>
>>379023347
>>379023919
are you retarded
the fact that the game is popular as well as all the other popular lewd media disproves your basement dwelling theory
>>
>>379024620
>I give more of a shit about the side characters than I do 2B and 9S. Their relationship feels extremely forced.
This so much.

2B/9S pairing is just feels like a teenagers idea of romance played completely serious.
>>
>>379024825
Were any of them even good? Maybe as a half a second chuckle until you realize the last checkpoint was 10minutes ago and you are wasting time getting some useless letter on your save file.
>>
>>379024912
>Ending C
thats like half the game bub

and the "follow orders" plot isnt even a bad thing, Automata's characters are just so bad that it dosent hold up
>>
>>379024994
This plus they break the flow, going for a joke ending during a serious story moment then getting stuck in loading screens takes you out of the world and it takes awhile to get pulled back in.
>>
>>379024547
Couldn't disagree more. Automata felt like a limp facsimile without any of the bite. The village getting invaded was way more compelling than the start of Route C, and the vengeance driven second half had a lot more weight. Killing machines didn't stack up to killing shades because we already knew the machines were sentient from way back when. Hell, just compare Devola and Popola in both games. In the first game it's a huge gut-punch with terrible repercussions to your party. In Automata it's "hey remember these characters" and basically had no consequence.
>>
>>379024926

Are you implying America is the entire world, dumbfuck? That shit is doing well internationally, not stateside. No, the internet does not count.
>>
Did anybody else feel despair at the start of Route C when everything was going to shit? I actually questioned myself and thought 'holy shit, with everything gone, what is the point anymore.'

There was this weird duality the whole way through of me wanting to see how everything unfolds and the creeping thoughts in the back of my mind as to whether any of this shit matters and where do we go from here now that everything is gone. I adore this game.
>>
File: vncncvbncvbncvbncvbn.png (241KB, 434x434px) Image search: [Google]
vncncvbncvbncvbncvbn.png
241KB, 434x434px
>watch streamer
>dude 1 played bayonetta expects a bayonetta 2.0, shits on the game
>dude 2 is a weeb, playing with japanese voices
streaming was a mistake
>>
>>379024994
Its fucking Yoko Taro, dude trolls his fanbase by principle.

That being said, yeh the game is one of the best i've played.

Could also be because we don't get enough cyberpunk/robot games that focus on deconstructing human nature and how technology intersects with that.
>>
>>379025250
have you ever seen a carl's jr. commercial
>>
>>379020849
I did. It was extremely tedious to play.
>>
>>379025302
So you would rather play with english voices that were done by some garbage bin actors found by a localization company that had zero input in the games development?
>>
I can't tell whether NieR:A or Terraria is the game of the decade so far.
>>
File: Merkabah[1].png (458KB, 494x719px) Image search: [Google]
Merkabah[1].png
458KB, 494x719px
>>379020849
It's an overrated piece of shit like the rest of Taro's games.
>>
>>379025302
>>watch streamer
Tarofags everyone
>>
>>379025348
It's not a troll, I did some of the endings because I was reading a guide to purposefully get them but once I saw they just wasted my time I stopped.

People are getting them on purpose I'm not sure how that is trolling anyone.
>>
>>379024825
I like U because Commander floats off into space with a stern look on her face forever.
>>
>>379024547
The realization of what the main character was fighting while he was trying to fight for his own daughter's life in Nier had much more feels than a few androids realizing that they were only beta tests by a crazy A.I. to determine which one was the superior so it could destroy them all and start a new line with the newfound knowledge. Oh, and the robots were only fighting as they were mimicking the futility of human ways such as war and religion.

Nier had actual human emotion to it's story, Automata had anime emotion to it.
>>
>>379022829
Some of the biggest gripes were the mundane quests and backtracking. It feels tedious.
>>
Well the first one was overrated shit so I'm assuming this was too
>>
>>379025454
I'm a huge weeb and Nier 1's dub is the best English dub of a japanese game ever. I liked Automata in JP more but the english is by no means bad either.
>>
>>379023937
Pretty much this for me, the first route was quite boring in between the heavier story sections. [B] Route had the content for the majority of it which sucked but the story revelations made me more engrossed in the world.
>>
>>379020849
I heard the PC port was terrible. Did they fix it? This game seems interesting so im considering dropping a bit of dosh on it or its predecessor.
>>
>>379023149
>Except notice how there's no actually well reasoned arguments as to why it's good

ftfy
>>
File: IMG_1015.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1015.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>379025860
>playing weeb games on pc
>>
If i thought NiER was the most tedious dull jrpg I've ever played will i like this?
>>
File: frosty.png (212KB, 436x355px) Image search: [Google]
frosty.png
212KB, 436x355px
>>379025548
I still prefer the old demon designs. SMT IVs was alright still.
>>
>>379025860
The fps mod fixes everything for me.

Had no issues at all actually.
>>
>>379024934
My main issue is that really we're supposed to believe that 2B is already in love with 9S from well before the game but we never see why.

Also I get that 2B is trying not to get attached but that doesn't help sell the romantic connection which is at the crux of the story. 9S has more chemistry with 21O for crying out loud.

2B is just not a strong enough character to sell this idea.
>>
>>379021296
>most of them are joke ending that ends with a couple of lines
Youre as bad of a liar as Todd Howard
>>
File: 9Sjak.png (25KB, 298x297px) Image search: [Google]
9Sjak.png
25KB, 298x297px
>>379022749
I couldn't fap for 2 weeks after the ending and i was only able to fap to 2B after a month because every time i tried doing so i would start to tear up and that caused me a boner killer.
>>
>>379026002
It copypasts the old games structure with streamlined sidequests and mildly upgraded combat

story is mileage may vary
>>
>>379023724
Mirror's Edge has it's own merits in gameplay with it's impressive platforming and level design. Neither Nier games are fun to play and most fans just gush about the story and waifus. They claim it brings out the most from the medium with small gimmicks that you might see once in your playtgrough like deleting your save or text adventures, but it doesn't compliment or improve the flawed core game design.
>>
I haven't played it and probably won't play it because all anyone talks about is waifu shit so it's probably shit.
>>
>>379020849
those who didn't play it
>>
File: Lucifer_(Shin_Megami_Tensei)[1].jpg (33KB, 330x510px) Image search: [Google]
Lucifer_(Shin_Megami_Tensei)[1].jpg
33KB, 330x510px
>>379026012
Shin Megami Tensei II remains the best.
>>
You really have to play on Hard or Hardest if you want the gameplay to force you to pay attention once awhile.

First time prologue on Hard is actually pretty decent.
>>
>>379025998
Consoles are just really specialized and limited PCs
>>
>>379020849
That game was unironically one of my favorite games of all time.

I had zero expectations coming in, and it blew me away. I love it to death, so happy with it.
>>
Because it isn't a great game. It's a lackluster character action game that gets attention for its robot waifu and Yoko Taro silliness.
>>
>>379026253
Hard and Very Hard expose the dumbest part of the combat which is that you can dodge or parry infinitely with no consequence and the safest way to fight is from far away while relying on your pod.
>>
File: 1495660698986.jpg (22KB, 235x252px) Image search: [Google]
1495660698986.jpg
22KB, 235x252px
I got to 9S and stopped having fun, which is the last thing I expected considering I thoroughly loved and enjoyed every thing about Nier besides the grinding. I haven't really played much since starting his section, but I guess I'll try again when I'm done with P5.
>>
>>379020849
Gameplay gets repetitive and the difficulty levels are complete shit thanks to being able to just chug healing items as much as you want mid battle. Hacking minigame is not interesting when it's not one of the unique ones
Story wasn't really all that special but it did have some interesting bits to it
I give it ass/10
>>
File: poweroffrinedshipisajoke.jpg (93KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
poweroffrinedshipisajoke.jpg
93KB, 400x240px
>>379026252
in design, yes. It remains in my backlog and I hope to finish it someday.
>>
File: 1447016480178.png (419KB, 464x476px) Image search: [Google]
1447016480178.png
419KB, 464x476px
>>379022494
I just beat Vanquish and it was shit
>5 hour campaign
>all 6 weapons are revealed in the first level and never change
> 2 of those weapons are complete dog shit worthless
> grand total of like 4 bosses in the entire game

why was this even made? the sliding gimmick doesnt even hold the gameplay up because its a cover shooter
>>
>>379024620
>First non-joke ending
>Judging 2B/9S
Finish the game.
>>
>>379026605
>He plays Vanquish like a cover shooter
L O L
>>
>>379025648
>a few androids realizing that they were only beta tests by a crazy A.I. to determine which one was the superior so it could destroy them all and start a new line with the newfound knowledge
That's not what the story was actually about but I understand where you're coming from.

And this is another problem I have with the game, the actual plot is told in a confusing way and the side material boringly spells it out, and the actual plot is less interesting than what I initially thought based on what was in the game.
>>
>>379026693
im forced to because the devs decided to leave a bug tieing all damage received to the amount of FPS you have on PC version.

any attack can nearly instant kill you even on normal
>>
Face the facts, core gameplay mechanics just isn't so important to many gamers (outside online competition games) to even /v/.

Witcher always had atrocious combat, Dark souls was just harder (which i liked) in a period of easy-mode games, Zelda? lol.

But they're always GOTY.

I personally don't give a shit because i play on enjoyment, but you shitters probably can't name one decent gameplay game you liked that is at least universally recognized for it.
>>
>>379027013
>one decent gameplay game

DMC3, UFC Undisputed 3
>>
>>379026474
just use spears
>>
>>379027013
Monster Hunter.

The problem isn't just that Nier Automata has bad combat, the problem is that most of the game is combat. Combat, shmup sections, and a whole lot of running from point A to B. It's boring and tedious and I just wanted to get it over with so I could find out what happened next in the story. Resource units as 9S was the worst part of the entire game because there was so much combat and the combat sucked.

Game would've worked better as a visual novel.
>>
>>379027498
>would've worked better as a visual novel
opinion discarded
>>
>>379027574
I mean he's not wrong that the combat is awful, it's almost as bad as the first Nier's. I spent 95% of the game mashing Square and dodge.

Weiss' spells were also more fun to use than the pod upgrades.
>>
>>379023149
The combat was boring, the boss battles were janky as fuck and the game wanted me to play through all of that shit four times to reach a satisfactory ending. The only genuinely good thing in this game was the music but that became repetitive over 20+ hours.

Or, if you want a simple argument, the game is the perfect sequel to Nier.
>>
>>379027683
>it's almost as bad as the first Nier's.

No, the combat is way more fluid.

First Nier has clunky combat.
>>
>>379021750
go to bed tavros
>>
>>379027498
>Monster Hunter
>Arguing about repetition but cites a game where grind is literally THE GAME.

I love monster hunter, but you can deconstruct any game and present its gameplay as shit.
>>
>>379021236
why isnt it on psn reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
everyone selling physicals has marked it up out the ass
>>
>>379027498
>Monster Hunter.
It's shit
>>
>>379027741
>the game wanted me to play through all of that shit four times to reach a satisfactory ending
Three times. Fucking nobody put themselves through the second half of the game again to see the last two endings.
>>
>>379027858
Even then you only play through the first 10 chapters twice, and the 11-17 chapters once.
>>
>>379027858
>>379027919
Whatever. I dropped the game at the start of B because I 100% needed a gamepad for the PC version. What an awful pain in the ass this game was.
>>
>over 100 posts
>still no one has answered my question
>>
File: suicide pepe.jpg (9KB, 267x181px) Image search: [Google]
suicide pepe.jpg
9KB, 267x181px
>popola and devola units were reprogrammed to constantly feel guilt
>>
>>379027795
It is more fluid without a doubt, however you're still mashing Square for 90% of it and some of the bosses like Hegel were just completely awful.
>>
>>379027683
No they weren't the only spell you would ever use was dark lance
>>
>>379028024
>nobody answered my question
>doesn't link the question
>>
>>379027824
I'm not arguing about repetition, I'm arguing about gameplay. Monster Hunter has good combat so it's good when the game is mostly combat. Nier Automata has bad combat so it's bad when the game is mostly combat.

I'm fine with a game being repetitive if it's fun. I'm not okay with the same tedious shmup section for the nth time.
>>
>>379028095
>not one-shotting everything with the Fist

in Automata all you need is Bomb
>>
>literally only likeable part about 2b is her ass

Well played Yoko Taro.
>>
>>379021157
It is a fabulous game and you are a good person for understanding that.
>>
>>379028095
Phantasm was better in all situations but shooting a thing vertically
>>
>>379020849
It was alright. The first was a lot better. Anyone deifying this game is a fucking idiot, that's what I will definitely say. It has some good aspects, but a laundry list of flaws as well, the most crucial being 9S's shit combat, mostly shallow sidequests, poor pacing, and a new unrealized idea around every corner.
>>
Despite how much I loved this game once I realized the triple pod charged Blade program triviliazes every encounter and boss fight I couldn't look back which made combat too easy. 2B fair though, Taunt + Berserk Mode + Overclock + 3-way Blade Program as A2 was super fucking fun to play around with, just spamming perfect evade and spear counter in huge waves of machines and tearing them down in seconds with no damage.

I still had trouble with the late game bullet hell sections because I didn't have the appropriate chips to manage that density of ranged bullets.
>>
>>379028095
Phantasm, fag. Which carried over into Automata with Mirage.
>>
>>379027858

I just finished ending c and I've never replayed a game twice in a row before, let alone three times.

Feels good man, this may edge out Breath of the Wild as my GOTY.
>>
>>379020849
>tarotards are still trying to shill this shitty game
Kys. Call me when Taro learns to write a decent story and not just edgy shit with reused twists.
>>
>>379027741
>four times

You literally play through it twice with a perspecive shift on the 2nd playthrough, and you can rush it if you aren't enjoying yourself since you already completed all the sidequests as 2B and just have a few more to do as 9S.

Route C is LITERALLY brand new and you can just use chapter select to get both Endings D and E.
>>
>>379028019
Funny, I saw a japanese streamer playing with keyboard and mouse.

I use my PS4 controller though. I don't have any consoles but I bought that controller years ago specifically for certain games on PC.
>>
>>379026880
Get the patch been out for a few days now even for pirates
>>
>>379028386
But it's not really a replay, more like one partwith tons of recycled content. And worse gameplay. Really you haven't finished the game until Ending E. And personally, while I still like Automata, it's got nothing on BotW.
>>
>>379020849
It was ok, but pretty pretentious and shallow.
>>
>>379028612
>And personally, while I still like Automata, it's got nothing on BotW.
To be fair Nier had a better soundtrack.
>>
>>379028087
I almost never mash square unless playing as 9S and not doing hacking.

I mean sure you *can* but it's more fun to mix it up with light and heavy combos.
>>
>>379028678
Okay, that's fair.
>>
>>379028591
If you use a mouse during the bullet hell sections the position in which you fire will always reset unless you continuously move it in that direction. It's awful for the hacking sections.
>>
File: 1494549186571.png (1MB, 1000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1494549186571.png
1MB, 1000x2000px
>>379020849
Needed more 2B
>>
>>379028681
Thats because 9S has one button for attacks... yeah great design nier fags will defend this Even with weapon sets you only had 1 weapon in each set and 2 sets. so you were still limited as fuck the combat was so boring I just hacked everything and used hacking chips.

And that made the game even more shit because the hacking mini-game keeps giving you the same shit levels over and over and breaks the flow.
>>
>>379028862
He was playing through the soul box section, which is some of the toughest hacking in the game, and he wasn't having any issue with it.

But hey, I never tried it. I just thought it weird that I actually saw someone doing that on purpose, and of all people it was one of the nipps. The last person you expect to be playing on PC, nevermind with mouse and keyboard.
>>
File: 1488759677826.jpg (59KB, 800x929px) Image search: [Google]
1488759677826.jpg
59KB, 800x929px
Do I have to play the first game to play Automata? Is it worth the $60?
>>
>>379029109

No
Yes
>>
>>379028447
He basically just needs to drop the DoD/Nier universe for a long while

Both DoD1 and Nier 1 were fresh and exciting, and their sequels are just plodding re-heats.

I'll say Automata did have some interesting ideas and themes, but its story is so badly told that it takes away from the experience.
>>
>>379022494

Yeah I thought I was the only one. Game is definitely good, but the gameplay is unsatisfying
>>
>>379029109
>Is it worth the $60?
It's a bit expensive for a sound track but comes with some nice ass so it's up to you.
>>
>>379029109
No, and god yes. No regrets.

However we are so close to the summer sale, it would be worth it to wait and see if it gets a price drop during it rather than get it right now.

The first is unnecessary, and I wouldn't even recommend playing it honestly.
>>
>>379029109
It's a $30 game, dont get memed

t. bought at launch
>>
>>379029109
Just don't buy the PC version or play it until it gets patched. The third-party FAR patch made my game crash every few hours ruined the experience.
>>
The game is decent, but you can easily make an argument that it's nothing special.

Combat - gets old after 30 minutes, 9S shit even more monotonous than the first game
Side quests - still shit, with exceptions (Father Servo, Emil)
Story - VASTLY inferior to the original game, nothing to debate here
Characters - Pods were good, but the development of 9S his relationship with 2B were forced as fuck. Anyone that calls this mess of a character well-written is a complete tool. Adam and Eve disturbingly underutilized.

It's a good game, a solid 6 nothing less, but I feel like the people sucking its cock simply haven't played the first game, or good games in general.
>>
>>379028681
This is a nitpick, but even when I was trying to style, the game feels very limiting. The biggest annoyance are the fact that the perfect dodge window is wider than 2B's butt and every perfect dodge attack either launches you or smacks the enemy way across the map and resets your combo. I don't even understand why they put a dodge offset chip in the game when dodging works like this.

Also everything is tissue paper to your end-game weapons and chips so you don't need your combos anyway, it's not like your combos actually have properties you need to take advantage of, wire lets you juggle infinitely, hacking is way OP on the ridiculous HP sponge enemies (that can't be juggled), and so on and so on.
>>
>>379029265
>I wouldn't even recommend playing it honestly.
Why not? It has a better story, more interesting characters, and the music is just as good.

If you're going to bring up gameplay then I'll be the first to say they're both mediocre action rpgs.
>>
>>379029313
>Pods were good
Literally nothing on Weiss.
The banter between Kaine, Weiss and Emil when doing side quests in the first NieR is elder god tier and Automata couldn't have dropped the ball harder in this department.
>>
>>379029393
>tfw even DoD3 had better party interaction
>>
I think 9s was really weak as a playable character considering his playstyle was a lot more repetitive than 2butt. Also chucking spears at the enemy from a distance does more than hacking ever can. Other than that the game was pretty great.
>>
>>379029109
No.
Only on consoles. Don't expect MGR levels of combat.
>>
>>379029332
The dodge window is wide because the difficulty where you die in one hit both these things are bad design.
>>
>>379029393
Agreed, especially when the game's biggest story problem is that the main characters feel underdeveloped and not particularly likeable.
>>
>>379028125

>>379023020
>>
>>379026605
>only 6 weapons
>any weapon in Vanquish being useless
>not playing on God Hard
Spotted the retard.
>>
>>379029371
Because of the gameplay. It's not completely unserviceable, but it's clunky and dull with ton's of boring fetch quests, and the multiple playthroughs thing isn't the same, it's tedious.

It was okay to watch, and it had an interesting story, but it didn't look fun to actually play.
>>
>>379029393
Jesus, this so much. The only interaction I even remember is 9S letting 2B know his nickname.
>>
File: zero-shrug.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
zero-shrug.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>379029437
>>
gameplay got stale for me. If I wanted a story I'd you know, read a book or watch a movie, not play a fucking video game.
>>
File: 1491641888894.jpg (266KB, 2464x2080px) Image search: [Google]
1491641888894.jpg
266KB, 2464x2080px
>>379020849
not perfect but definitely great tier, I'm surprised how much I ended up enjoying the side quests
>>
>>379029546
>Because of the gameplay. It's not completely unserviceable
I too enjoy have one button for attack and a minigame that you can do every 5 seconds during combat to kill enemies. Also the retarded difficulty that is either easy or disables lock-on and just boring to slog through.
>>
>>379029546
The only thing Automata does better than Nier 1 is streamlining the quests, otherwise the game structure is 1:1 that of Nier 1 with underutilized Platinum combat.

In the end I just want Taro to stop fucking around and make a musou again, DoD1 was legit his best game even though it was also a mess.
>>
>>379028179
Mirage, Wave, Volt, Blade, Bomb, shields and to a lesser extent Wire, Decoy and Slow are all useful.
>>
game sucks
the only value is ass meat
>>
>>379029516
I don't just mean the i-frames although I agree with you on that one. I mean the "last s̵e̵c̵o̵n̵d̵ ̵m̵i̵n̵u̵t̵e̵ ̵h̵o̵u̵r̵ day" perfect dodge that gives you a special riposte.

Try to dodge an attack WITHOUT activating the perfect dodge, so you can continue a combo. It is infuriating.
>>
File: tubatoobie.jpg (1MB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
tubatoobie.jpg
1MB, 1600x1600px
>>379029109
you can pirate it my man
>>
>>379029109
No but you should because it's better in every way.
No it's not worth 60. Wait until it drops to 30.
>>
>>379029735
The quests were done better, though there are stil la lot of uninteresting fetch quests, but it's not like you need to collect all the weapons to get ending D like in the original, and having to replay the game several times.

Gameplay in Automata is similar structurally, but it's far more fluid. Attacks string together and combo, and you can use your pod while attacking, all things original Nier didn't have.
>>
>>379025860
I recently pirated the FITGIRL repack of it and haven't dealed with any issues or crashes.

>Sandy Bridge i5 2500k
>AMD Radeon 2gb vram
>8 GB of ram

Granted I do play with lots of the settings on low and at a 1600x900 resolution. Still, no issues and runs smooth.
>>
>>379029532
Because who the fuck cares
>>
>>379020849
>shitty shmups
>shit checkpoints
>crippled sections
>shitboxes galore
>everything and its grandmother is resistant to hitstun
>only five weapon types with small movesets
>minimum timer on some boss fights
>unskippable dialogue before/during some boss fights
>failing to pick up your body is permanent chip loss
>is either joke easy or bad joke hard because Taro doesn't know how to balance healing in an action game
>melee becomes fairly pointless later on
>Route B is a waste of time
>only way to delevel and experience the earlier chapters again in Chapter Select without everything exploding from a finger poke is locked behind DLC
>level layout is designed around gimping you out of upgrades
>doesn't make use of the enemy variety he has
>>
>>379029546
The gameplay does a good job of immersing the player in the story by conveying a certain amount of despair. Every time I started the game I couldn't believe I spent $60 on it.
>>
>>379029657
How can anyone like the side quests apart from 2-3 of them (the quests themselves were still shit but they gave more background story)

99% Of the quests involve you going back to an area you were at 10 minutes ago none of the side quests have their own area on the map they are all based somewhere in the world you have visited earlier or about to visit.

The only enjoyment that comes out of them is a couple lines of dialogue that are usually not even voiced.
>>
>>379029903

So, /v/ is fucking useless, in other words.
>>
File: 1494864692531.jpg (140KB, 639x960px) Image search: [Google]
1494864692531.jpg
140KB, 639x960px
>>379029987
>TFW not a single side quest as good as the lady in the lighthouse from the first Nier
>>
>>379029873
>Attacks string together and combo, and you can use your pod while attacking, all things original Nier didn't have.

Automata = mash square and press R when you see red eyes
Nier = run forward and press Triangle, use fist spell for crowd control
>>
>>379029313

Adam and Eve were entirely used for 2 setpieces, and an info dump so far. Unless they seriously get better screentime in the further endings, I'm going to be very disappointed.
>>
>>379020849

There are people on this board that haven't played it yet and therefore cannot acknowledge regarding its quality.
>>
>>379029546
9S has even worse gameplay than Nier. The only thing Automata has over the original is that it throws you the the last endings instantly.
>>
The vibe I'm getting from /v/ is that it's good, but not as good as Nier 1.
>>
>>379029781
I know what you mean, as 9S it's especially shit because you only have 1 weapon so your counter is basically always the same. Also when playing 9S the attacks were quite weak until you get a weapon to level 3 so I just spammed hack over and over.
>>
>>379029987
Mechanically they were stupid and tedious but I liked a lot of the stories and their implications.

Building a slide for the robot kids? That was cute.
>>
>>379030179
Thats pretty much it. Only people new to Taro's games will think Automata is some 10/10.

If you know his style then Automata will feel like a collection of reheated tropes with a decent theme.
>>
>>379030014
>/v/ doesn't spoonfeed me
>waahhhhhh
Might wanna check Reddit, they like to spoonfeed babies
>>
>>379029874
If you had a high resolution you would realize that the scaling is absolutely shit and need to run FAR which causes crashes.

My 2560x1440 screen had black bars the first time I booted the game, at first I thought it was intentional and continued through wondering why everything was a bit wide then I got near the end of the prologue and installed far having to repeat the prologue because the game didn't save, then I had to repeat the prologue two more times because FAR kept crashing... yeah great experience.
>>
>>379030301

>being a hipster
>>
File: 1459135635811.png (479KB, 657x654px) Image search: [Google]
1459135635811.png
479KB, 657x654px
>>379024620
The A route and basically everything will make a lot more sense when you finish the third route.

It's very much worth the time.

I thought the reveal of 2B (2E) having to kill 9S (thereby resetting his memory) every time he eventually found out the truth about Yorha because of his high data collection specs - making her actions and lines in A route much deeper - especially the "it always ends up like this" as she's tearfully choking him after Eve's defeat.

>mfw finishing all main routes and putting all the pieces together about stuff I didn't understand the first time around

Best game experience I've had in a long time
>>
>>379030416

spoiler alert its not the patch causing the crashes
>>
>>379030470
I'll be a hipster, I'll also know what I'm talking about.

I still enjoyed the game, but I can't hide the fact it was incredibly underwhelming.
>>
>>379030356

Oh look, it's *this* asshole again.

Go suck off a weedwhacker.
>>
>>379030230
It was cute for 10 seconds but it involved you running to fast travel machine sitting through a long load screen then running to some stupid shit at the amusement park you have visited at least 30 times already then back to fast travel machine for another long load then back up some ladders to finish quest then back to fast travel machine and another long load.

Absolutely horrible design, I had the game put on a SSD and it still took forever to load this game that looks like it's from last gen.
>>
Just got Ending E, immediately went and bought the game.

What a fucking experience.
>>
>>379030621
This why can't any of the quests not involve fast travel to pick something up? Seriously, if they involved just running around the area where the quest giver was even that would be better than this shit.
>>
>Oh god take my $60, the gameplay and the waifus...I mean characters were so good, oh god I won't play another game ever again. Only smart people can understand a game with this much vision, brb I'm going to replay it another 6 times
Typical Nier thread. Even the Dark Souls threads are better than this. You guys are the new bronies.
>>
>>379030753
At this stage there is a very real difference between Nierfags and Automatafags

meanwhile use DoDfags patiently wait for our time
>>
>>379030753

I guess that makes you the original brony?
>>
>>379030179
Personally, having played both very recently, I think people are overrating OG Nier quite a bit. While the characters are excellent, story is honestly kinda lackluster until literally the last 30 minutes. I didn't really care about Yonah (should've spent more time with her) and while there was a sense of urgency when she gets kidnapped, its marred by running around doing sidequests, which completely break up the narrative. I especially hated how D&P were utilized. To this day it makes absolutely no sense why they acted the way they did. Even if they liked Nier, this isn't very reflective of the way they acted with their final battle being pretty much "lol gotta kill you now no time to explain, nothing personnel kid". They could've done fucking anything, literally anything else, and it would have been better. The game is very emotional, however, scenes in Route B sometimes try way to hard to make you feel bad, literally Spec Ops the Line tier. Being forced to kill the child shades in the beginning in order to progress is incredibly stupid, and the fact they drop fucking childrens books will pretty much spoil the twist of the game if anyone is pays attention. The only really well done Shade scenes imo was the the King of Facade vs the Shithog and the Shadowlord himself, as I thought they demonstrated the games themes much better than just trying to make you feel bad.

However, despite both their flaws, they're still some of my favorite games out there
>>
>>379030179
Yeah, it's not. The original has plausible character development and ideas that are fleshed to their fullest potential and not forgotten about after 10 minutes. I'm afraid the same can't be said for Automata. It's not like I wanted the game to turn out this way, it's just reality. But I think a lot of people are still going through their honeymoon phase, or this is their first Taro experience, so whatever.
>>
>>379030536
FAR alert sound happens before the game crashes though and it never crashed before i installed FAR.
>>
>>379030817
Nier 1 also has that same problem with burying essential information in side material, but its easier to overlook compared to Automata.

All in all Taro just needs to learn how to actually write in a way he can manage.

But I think you get enough attachment to Yonah if you do some sidequests for her, the loading screen letters were also a nice touch
>>
File: beepy-kamil.jpg (88KB, 500x562px) Image search: [Google]
beepy-kamil.jpg
88KB, 500x562px
>>379030817
>scenes in Route B sometimes try way to hard to make you feel bad
To be fair pic related is one of the only times I've cried during a video game so the game did a good job, also when the King of Facade sacrifices himself at the Shadowlord's Castle.
>>
>>379030865

Thats odd, the section at this link titled EDIT3 is what worked for me,

https://www.reddit.com/r/CrackWatch/comments/6afgn1/possible_working_solution_for_random_crashes_on/
>>
>>379031032
I've seen that stupid "fix" about disabling cores and it didn't work also made the game perform like garbage.
>>
>>379031032
>Reddit
>>
File: mfw.gif (1MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.gif
1MB, 200x150px
>>379031138

Made mine work perfectly

>>379031205

Go cry about it on your Tumblr, fag.
>>
Nier was shit and everyone saying it was better then Nier:A is really pulling something out of their ass.

Only good thing was the music.
>>
>>379031384
You can call it shit but its still better than Automata.

Drakengard 1 is still the best game so really who give a fuck
>>
The absolute worst thing about the game is the amount of filler between the story. You finally get some development then your chucked back into a boring ass hub world with mmo tier quests.

I noticed this as a problem within my first four hours of the game then 5 hours later nothing interesting happened still and I was just finishing off more side quests again. Once I got to route B well I desperately wanted to uninstall it but kept with it. C redeemed the game a bit but it wasn't enough.
>>
>>379031384
Most of the music is the same. Almost the entire Nier OST is in the Automata OST.

The story and characters were amazing though. Kaine, Emil, Devola and Popola were all great.
>>
>>379031307
Implying people who use 4chan have a tumblr, where the fuck do you think you are? Your in a board infested by redditors
>>
>>379030805
Yeah with fans of the first one and only the first one chimping out over the success of Automata. Finally Taro gets to make an all around great game that doesn't have some crippling flaws or isn't polarizing as fuck, with game journos critiquing it by their own banal experiences and fans having to make excuses and spend hours and hours of time piecing shit together to even make sense of what happened.
>>379031384
I disagree but your point still stands, in what universe is Automata not a great game? I can accept the fact that people prefer the first one, even I do a little.
>>
>>379029109

You don't need to, but the game loses a lot of emotional impact in a lot of events.
>>
>nier 1 was better than nier:a

Holy shit Nier 1 was a steaming pile of dog shit with a somewhat interesting plot. Nier:A bsolutely blows it out the water
>>
>>379031384
If Nier was shit, Nier:A must be sewage. There's no way someone with a brain can possibly think A has anything over Nier aside from obvious shit like combat fluidity and graphics (ultimately inconsequential bullshit in these games)
>>
>>379031307
>Works on my machineâ„¢
>>
File: Papa_Nier.jpg (129KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Papa_Nier.jpg
129KB, 700x700px
>>379031605
>Holy shit Nier 1 was a steaming pile of dog shit
If it was so bad then why did it get a sequel?
>>
>>379031590
>fans having to make excuses and spend hours and hours of time piecing shit together to even make sense of what happened.
They do that with Automata though, even more than the first Nier

Half of Automata's cast dosent even register as characters without reading side material
>>
>>379031513
>Devola and Popola were great
Likeable, yes, but like I said the way they're utilized in the story is absolutely abhorrent. Still, even after 6 years of discussing the game, have not found a understandable reason why they acted the way they did. They had full power to as well, they flat out give Weiss his memories back for no fucking reason other than to have him spell out the twist in dramatic fashion
>>
>>379031605
Sounds exactly like Automata, minus the somewhat interesting plot.
>>
>>379020849
I've never played it so I don't have an opinion either way.
>>
>>379031690
>hurr durr didnt work for me

wow its almost like we are sharign subjective experiences and we aren't connected to the fucking network
>>
File: 125617-nier2.jpg (502KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
125617-nier2.jpg
502KB, 1920x1080px
>>379031884
It kind of did though, both are pretty ugly in terms of graphics though.
>>
All you assholes do is argue until bump limit, huh? Not, I dunno, answer questions, or anything more productive?
>>
>>379031935
Nier is a PS2 game made in PS3 era
Automata is a PS3 game made in PS4 era

but graphics mean nothing, their game design leaves much to be desired.
>>
>>379031487
This I swear it's like all these Nier fags forgot all the boring secions of the game which make around 70% of the game time. Just because it had a fairly original way of telling a story and a good soundtrack.
>>
>>379031884
The combat is worse, but not less fluid.
>>
It didn't run particularly well when I pirated it
>>
>>379031945

fuck off faggot your question is dumb nobody cares
>>
>>379031756
2B ass and I /v/ memed me into it if I'm gonna be 100% honest. For once I'm happy I listened to the hivemind because I really didn't like the original Nier when /v/ memed me into it originally
>>
>>379032049
This

>>379032219
I would argue combat as 9S entering a minigame every 4 seconds isn't very fluid but that is only 30% or so of the game
>>
>>379032264
I hope you get raped by a pack of niggers you piece of shit.

And it'll be your fault.
>>
>>379032437
I hope people ruin your thread again you piece of shit.
>>
>>379032437

Quit projecting.
>>
At least Automata's soundtrack was good.
>>
>>379032521

Joke's on you fag, I never make new threads! I just ruin 'em.
>>
>>379032559

What am I projecting, dumb waifufag cunt?
>>
>>379032620
And the ass was fat
>>
>>379030997
This one was alright, mostly because Beepy was just defending his home and his friend. Really the worst offender of trying to make you feel bad is Roc. Seriously what the fuck, nigger attacked me first, don't give me that bullshit "what did I ever do to deserve this fate"
>>
File: 1463621946572.png (1002KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1463621946572.png
1002KB, 1280x720px
>combat in Automata is worse than Nier 1
What? I was in a Persona thread yesterday where people were saying that Tartarus was better than the palaces. Are you the same people? How do you function?
>>
>>379022494
I feel the same way about Persona 5
>>
>>379032789
There are people that say stuff like that about every game. No one understands them.
>>
>>379032719

You need to accept that you want to take a bunch of black cocks all at once. If you don't embrace your darkness you'll pay the price like 9S.
>>
>Combat worse in Automata then Nier 1.

I didn't think the combat in N:A was great but Nier 1 was a whole lot worse and didn't age well at all.
>>
>>379032789
It definitely was as 9S.
>>
>>379032789
Extreme contrarianism. This goes beyond just disliking a game, you literally have to perform mental gymnastics in order to think this. Who the fuck actually liked Tartarus? I'd take fucking Space station any day of the week over Tartarus
>>
>>379032789
Pretty much everyone is referring exclusively to 9S you dumb faggot.
>>
>>379031925
>hurr durr didnt work for me
hurr durr works for me
>>
>>379032912
The first one had better text adventure segments.
>>
Did Nier 1 sell as well as Automata?
>>
>>379032413
When I played as 9S I just abused how fast his running attack with small swords were and how fast you could cancel it into another one.

Didn't use hacking unless the plot made me.

Overall though he feels like shit to play, A2 and 2B have more fluid control between attacks and more variety because of the dual wielding.
I realise it's lore relevant that he is not good at combat, but they should have had real time telekinesis or something instead to make combat as him interesting.
>>
>>379032914
You don't have to hack. His basic moveset is just the girls without a bound heavy attack ( I know he still has one)
>>
>>379033078
No. Which explains a lot, with reference to these threads.
>>
>>379033078
No, Cavia went bankrupt not long after it released.

Taro's sales rode almost entirely on Platinum's name and 2B's ass, the Taro fanboys are somewhere between them both.
>>
>>379033180
Automata's sales*
>>
>>379033109
You don't but having 1 button for attack and the ability to switch weapon to 1 other is trash. I didn't enjoy combat as 9S at all so i spent the majority of the time spamming hack.

His damage was super low until i got level 3 weapon too so it was much faster to get through boring enemies i fought 100s of times already.
>>
>>379032901
Spoken like a true fag. Go back to Blacked.
>>
Can the fapping this game has generated count as gameplay?
>>
>>379020849
I think it's one of the best games I've played. The combat was fun, the story was great and its delivery was kino.

I wish I had played Nier 1 but that fishing minigame filtered me out flat.
>>
>>379033546
>he actually did the fishing
>>
>>379033109
His basic moveset is totally different and way worse because of how slow all of his combos are. Once you get a good enough spear you can spam charge attack at people, but for a lot of the game hacking is the fastest way to deal with lots of enemies since it generates a fuckhuge AoE.

Either way it sucked and the resource units were mind-numbingly tedious. I can't remember the last time I was this annoyed at gameplay, I just wanted it to end so I could get on with the story.
>>
Nier 2 is embarrassing weeb shit.
>>
>>379020849
>hurr durr HZD is shit but this overrated pretentious shit is a master piece hurr durr

No. It isn't great. It's shit. Just like HZD.
>>
Fantastic OST, the story was a little underwhelming, gameplay is shallow but fast and fun, PC port is kind of a mess, graphics are somewhat outdated
Enjoyed it, but its not that great
7/10 for me
>>
Is the DLC good? I adored the game but am dissapointed by the lack of end-game content
>>
>>379030416
Playing at 1440p without FAR
Resolution is fine
FAR increased the framerate, but lighting quality took a hit, so I uninstalled it as I got mostly stable 60fps anyway
>>
>>379030865
Are you using the V3 crack?
Fixed the crashes
>>
>>379020849
>Want to buy this game
>It's published by Square

I've been burned too many times guys. Is it really worth it?
>>
>>379033337

I can't go back to somewhere I've never been, but I'm sure you never left.
>>
>>379035028
Yeah it is. I agree though, Square is shit.
>>
>>379034726
There's DLC?
>>
>>379035329

>thinking I Know You Are But What Am I? is intelligent bantz

You need to drink bleach pronto little man.
>>
>>379035028
Just pirate
>>
>>379035949

Women and kids go first, after you.
>>
>>379034726
It's there and it's endgame content.

It's okayish, but it's mostly just arena battles, and the toughest ones are level 130. You get some cool outfits and cosmetics from them though.
>>
>>379020849
I dropped it 2 hours in. I don't care about the Taro tweests or melodramatic cutscenes, that gameplay was fucking shit.
>>
>>379036082

Fuck off and die.
>>
Well yes
For me, the combat peaked in 3 hours with the opera singer, the open world was completely pointless, the quest design mindnumbingly annoying, the romance impossible to care about and the whole story felt meaningless.

It has nice music and one great boss fight, but overall its bogged down by so much repetitive boring shit that I can't call it good.

Also the fact that loads of lore and backstory is outside the acctual game means Taro can go fuck himself
>>
>>379036436

Nah, I like myself.
>>
File: britney-haynes.jpg (28KB, 560x325px) Image search: [Google]
britney-haynes.jpg
28KB, 560x325px
>>379020849
>This thread
Being forced to replay the same content that I just beat, with segments replaced with bullet hell and hacking (more bullet hell) was the final straw for me. They honestly should have made Ending C, Ending B. Giving us the option to choose 9S if we feel like it.
>>
>want to replay the game because of added context and a deep need to justify the amount of money I spent on it
>remember the combat that really isn't good enough to carry the game for 30+ hours
>remember the bland as fuck open world that has no excuse even existing
>remember the boring as fuck quest design thats 95% fetch quests with minimal voiced dialogue
>remember that the writing leaves a lot to be desired and that the "romance" between 2B and 9S is impossible to care about
>remember that A2 is just a blank wall that 9S can screech at
>remember the obnoxious fucking hacking minigame that gets boring in the first 3 minutes
>remember the entire second playtrough that has 5% new actual content
>remember that the story feels wholly pointless and meaningless because there is no momentum, no actual stakes and the game just throws stuff at you like "and heres THIS!"
At least the music was good.
Yes anon, there are people with different opinions
>>
>>379036727

You would wouldn't you, narcissistic waifuist filth.
>>
>>379036946

Yes
>>
>>379037067

And there you have it. Kill yourself immediately.
>>
>>379036864
>>379036679
Why are you two in every single thread. I can literally look you both up in fireden and in pretty much every single Automata you'll be there saying the exact same copypasted response. The games been out for three months now, move the fuck on
>>
>Start playing it
>Think all the booty posting is just a meme
>I was so wrong
>Tilting the camera even a little bit gets a thick ass right in your face
>Thighs juicy enough to keep me hydrated for years
>Camera just naturally sets itself so you can see just a hint of that plump rear end
>Skirt is the perfect length to tease and hint, but not reveal too much

I don't waifufag video game characters, but I can still appreciate a fine ass
>>
>>379037407

Try self destructing
>>
>>379037248
It's a thread asking for people who don't think it's a great game. What the fuck were you expecting?

Personally I'm glad I can find a similar opinion on the game like >>379022324 because I vehemently disagree with sentiments like >>379022545.
>>
>>379037248
>s-s-top having different opinions in a thread that literally asked if people had different opinions!!!!
Fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>379037487
>>379037887
There's a very big difference from simply hating on a game to posting in literally every single thread made about the game. You just need a meme image to support your pasta, and you too can be as autistic as 10 days platinum fag
>>
>>379038017
>There's a very big difference from simply hating on a game to posting in literally every single thread made about the game
I don't post in every single NierA thread though.
Even if I did, that somehow makes those points invalid?
>>
>>379038017
I looked on fireden and I see one other instance of half the post a month ago.

I think you're crazy. You should calm down before you turn into XV-kun.
>>
>>379038017
>post argument once
>fine
>post argument twice
>WHAT THE FUCK!? NO!
Fuck off
>>
>>379027741
It's hilarious how I know you didn't actually play the game
Thread posts: 308
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.