[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've had my Vive since release date and there hasn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: startrekbridgecrew.jpg (450KB, 1686x1686px) Image search: [Google]
startrekbridgecrew.jpg
450KB, 1686x1686px
I've had my Vive since release date and there hasn't really been any games that have felt more than just a shitty tech demo or lame cash grab

I dont even like Star Trek, but Bridge Crew is the first VR game that I actually look forward to playing when I'm at work. "Man I wanna go home and work on that next mission or do some more procedural stuff".

Super fun and definitely makes VR start to be "worth it"
>>
J. J. Abrams "Star Trek" sucks balls.
>>
Bundling ST Bridge Crew with the Vive is the start of the VR revolution.
>>
File: enterprise.jpg (417KB, 1686x1686px) Image search: [Google]
enterprise.jpg
417KB, 1686x1686px
>>379005379

Well, if you don't want to play in the JJVerse you can play in the OG Enterprise as well.

>>379005416
It was one of my reasons for buying it. Most other multiplayer VR games peter out as people stop buying it, but now that every Vive comes with it, there's going to be a constant flux of people playing it
>>
It's nice for a few hours inside a VR arcade with pals.
Spending hundreds of dollars on it?
Nope.
>>
>>379005509
>Well, if you don't want to play in the JJVerse you can play in the OG Enterprise as well.
No DS9, no sale.
Picardverse best verse.
>>
>>379005209
I haven't bought this yet, but I feel like I should. Does it play well if you're solo? I don't have any VR friends to play it with.
>>
>>379005678

Solo with AI isn't that great. Its not bad, but you end up having to do a bunch of hopping between stations and it ends up just being a really hectic thing. Its doable but not that fun. Might be better when voice commands get added soon.

But you can still quickplay and matchmake with 3 other people. That's all I've done as I dont have any friends with VR and almost every person I've played with has been great. Never had a bad experience.
>>
>>379005845
>and almost every person I've played with has been great
Now you know how playing on the Internet during 1990s was.
>>
>>379005951

I'm 31, I was around on the internet in the 90s
>>
File: 1437623524209.jpg (42KB, 475x275px) Image search: [Google]
1437623524209.jpg
42KB, 475x275px
>>379005209
Is it only multiplayer? I don't want to talk to other people.
>>
>>379007069

No, you can play single player as the captain and the 3 positions (Helm, Tactical and Engineering) are run by the AI. They are okay and you can give them orders to attach, repair systems, balance power, transport, etc... it works but sometimes you need to take over a seat and its really easy to just hop in their chair, do what you need and get out.

Totally doable single player but you might lose part of the enjoyment of the game
>>
>>379007279
It seems like a job to me
>>
>>379005209

>"Man I wanna go home and work on that next mission or do some more procedural stuff".

You could have been playing Elite Dangerous.
>>
Can you play this without VR?
>>
>>379008389

E:D sucks for what it is.

"Fight pirates so you can get a bigger ship so you can fight more pirates at a time so you can get a bigger ship to fight even more pirates". The exact same pirates, theres no progression in difficulty

>>379009149
no
>>
>>379010487

>Fight pirates so you can get a bigger ship so you can fight more pirates

Or do missions. Or mining. Or exploration. Honestly, playing Elite Dangerous with a focus on combat is like playing Zelda with a focus on cooking. Fun for a little while, but you're missing the main point of the game.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.