[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Intentionally mashing to overload the buffer and exploit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Street-Fighter-V-620x350[1].jpg (145KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
Street-Fighter-V-620x350[1].jpg
145KB, 620x350px
>Intentionally mashing to overload the buffer and exploit the shit netcode

Why do people in the FGC pretend this isn't a thing? People did it in SF4 SSF4 AE and Ultra and they are still doing it in V. It's obvious when it happens and you can check inputs on replays to prove it.
>>
the hilarious part is that they shouldn't be sending input every fucking frame it can, it should send a collection of frames in a single packet which is not really as daunting as it may seem if you use bitwise operations

i can guarantee you the average wannabe programmer doesn't know a damn thing about bitwise ops
>>
File: 1460924787938.jpg (5KB, 212x204px) Image search: [Google]
1460924787938.jpg
5KB, 212x204px
>>379003945
source me on this new development
>>
>>379003945
wait what? lolol i will load sfv back on my pc to do this
>>
exploit in what way
double and triple tapping has always been a thing.
>>
>>379003945
Is this really a problem though? I thought it was common sense to mash button inputs just incase it doesn't register.
>>
>>379006545
he's probably talking about full palm on stick sanford scrubbing.
i never really thought about it, but i do remember watching a lot of SF4 replays and seeing people do this shit at the end. i always thought they were just upset, but this also makes sense.
>>
>>379003945
>online play
>of concern to the fgc
qhat did he mean by thhis?
>>
>>379006802
if your game has an input buffer you might as well.
only the rawest 90s fighting games dont and require you to hit 1f links without any help from double taps and plinks.
>>
>>379003945
Sorry for being uninformed, but this has me interested in the technical details, what exactly is going on when you do this?
>>
>>379007038
basically just mashing as many inputs as possible to overload the connection
>>
File: 1364402144252.png (712KB, 1254x1072px) Image search: [Google]
1364402144252.png
712KB, 1254x1072px
>>379004195
wow anon you're so smart with your basic level programming 101 knowledge.
512 mb ram, 4.2 k giga hertz 30 fps intel pentium core duo processor
>>
>>379006545
OP here. I was more or less talking about this >>379006841

I can always tell when someone is intentionally doing it because it generally only happens when they are in hitstun and the people afraid to fuck up and input will just start churning butter like crazy without inputs. I don't know how people don't notice it. When a perfect 5 bar connection only fucks up when ur doing easy af links you should suspect something after the 100th time.
>>
>>379008893
*people afraid to fuck up an input will start churning butter like crazy without buttons
>>
>>379008893
its more like people trying to get a reversal out of hit or blockstun and dont have the proper timing down, so they mash to hit it on the first possible frame.
>>
>>379008976
No that's definitely not what's going on. Reversals require buttons.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.