[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else addicted to FPS? No other games give me the adrenaline

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: fps.png (4KB, 400x210px) Image search: [Google]
fps.png
4KB, 400x210px
Anyone else addicted to FPS? No other games give me the adrenaline rush like they do, I can sit and be entertained for hours on end by them, while most other games I'm interested in start to feel boring after a couple hours, or I start feeling a nagging in my head to play a shooter.
>>
It's the patrician's genre.
>>
anyone else like video games?
>>
>>379002446
I love FPS. Unfortunately it's more or less a dead genre now thanks to halo and call of duty
>>
>>379002706
>dead genre
It's easily the most popular genre on consoles, and is probaly second after mobas on pc. (unless you meant dead as in no fps you like)
>>
>>379002446
Online FPS or single player FPS?

I'm not really into online FPS, but they're great with friends, and what other game lets you kill 10 players like yourself in 10 seconds? I think that's a big part of the excitement: how much death you can dole out with a single grenade.
>>
>>379002882
Exclusively online. I need the added satisfaction of knowing that I just bested a real opponent in combat *tips fedora*
>>
>>379002446
same here just had 6 hour fps session, it is just shame that chances of getting any decent new online fps are pretty tiny nowadays
>>
>>379002795
not dead, just irreparably dumbed down.
>>
File: 8b9.jpg (9KB, 200x311px) Image search: [Google]
8b9.jpg
9KB, 200x311px
>>379003620
this
>>
File: 1494979408200.png (413KB, 1180x1453px) Image search: [Google]
1494979408200.png
413KB, 1180x1453px
You're not alone. Probably 80% of my time playing vidya, if not more, has been binging multiplayer FPS games.

>UT
>Tribes
>Neotokyo
>RO/RS
>TF2
>CS
>Insurgency
>Killing Floor
>Battlefield
>Titanfall
>etc.

At least a hundred hours in all of these franchises, several hundred in about half.

Currently enjoying RS2 but I'm also trying to change my vidya habits, it may be the last multiplayer shooter I buy in a long time, maybe ever.
>>
File: 1491796451081.gif (498KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1491796451081.gif
498KB, 500x400px
>>379002446
FPS games are pretty fun but the genre hasn't done a single innovative thing in 10 years. I'm completely bored of them at this point.
>>
>>379002446
It's lower mid tier to me. Arena shooters are pretty fun though, I enjoy the new unreal. I think single player shooter is one of the worst genres though, including half life Hl2 bioshock etc. I've never been able to sit through one.
>>
>>379002706
Like hell it is. FPS games are the only genre constantly improving and branching out with new ideas.

It's the genre with the most variety despite nearly all of them sharing the most notable trait of "killing things in the center of your screen". Despite the core of an FPS being something that couldn't be simpler, each FPS has a very distinct feeling, even those in the same series have a lot of nuance in their handling. Most importantly, it's the genre where even the shittiest players can actually learn the ins and outs, get good and not feel put off.

You didn't need to change a damn thing about the core concept of the FPS as it has been since Doom/Quake, and they ultimately have not. Any good FPS at its most base is "pure" in regards to mechanics, little to no bullshit involved. Everything beyond that comes down to building interesting worlds/maps, putting their own unique feel to the shooting, and adding more style to the stuff around the shooting.

Any FPS with bullshit, everybody notices and those games dwindle quickly. Anyone who suggests that modern FPSes are "dumbed down" are stupid faggots who probably liked some shitty shooter that died within a few years and hasn't had a good sequel.
>>
File: 1495229498995.jpg (979KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1495229498995.jpg
979KB, 1200x1200px
>>379004129
>Any FPS with bullshit, everybody notices and those games dwindle quickly.
you're a funny guy anon
>>
until someone decides to make a true successor to battlefield 2 idk
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.