[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, what went wrong? Too much RNG?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: world-of-warcraft-legion.jpg (168KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
world-of-warcraft-legion.jpg
168KB, 1280x720px
Now that the dust has settled, what went wrong?

Too much RNG?
Too much time gating?
Too much grinding?
Too much green?
>>
Yup.

Also, too much gold inflation.
>>
It's hard to pinpoint what went wrong, but the legendary gear and AP points were ridiculously stupid.
>>
File: 1487638308676.jpg (91KB, 819x460px) Image search: [Google]
1487638308676.jpg
91KB, 819x460px
The content was great. I was playing a bear tank, a frost dk, and an MM hunter.
All of them got the absolute worst trash legendaries and a guildie with the same spec as me was doing 150k more dps because he had the bis helmet for 40% more dmg with howling blast. That's when I quit. Untargetable gear should've stayed in fucking Diablo where you can farm 50 rifts a day for it.
>>
Most of Legion is good what absolutely sucked ass about it though was every class being changed for the worst at the start of the expansion. I haven't played much since the first few months but I'm planning to soon and I hope they fixed some of this mess.

I don't like to suggest nerfing a class most opf the time, but Druids have needed that for four expansions and instead they keep getting more and more shit. Sad.
>>
RNG ontop of RNG ontop of RNG + No sense of character completion
>>
too much Diablo 3 influence
>>
>>378997428
I can redpill you on the classes you play if you want. Mostly about playstyle, not DPS worthiness or whatever.
>>
They somehow made every spec in the game boring
>>
>Let's restrict players to three weapons for the entire expansion!
>>
Too many XBOXHUEG NUMBERS
>>
File: 1487318215904.jpg (22KB, 206x231px) Image search: [Google]
1487318215904.jpg
22KB, 206x231px
>No content at all outside of raiding
>Butchered PvP totally
>Made the game way too easy, every class is jsut a 2-3 button rotation
>shittiest writing so far in WoW
>Tedious and boring grinding with nearly no rewards
>killed the possibility to have alts
>powercreep and the numbers are way too high now
>gold inflation
>RNG
>Artifact weapon is the worst thing that has happened so far
>Made the crafting even worse than in WoD
>Did I say they killed PvP?
>>
>>378997542
I play paladin the most and they weren't hit too bad by the expansion start. Rogues and Warlocks felt like absolute shit though and I didn't really care for a lot of the changes made to warriors and Monks.
>>
>>378996972
Class design was wrecked, even more pruning following wod.
Tried to copy diablo 3 too much with the grinding.
Legendaries are a trash system.
Time gating is fucking stupid and actively put of two people who I tried to coax into the game in early Legion.
Emerald Nightmare was mostly shit.
And to top it all off, if players start doing something the way Blizzard doesn't want them to they'll fuck up that entire method (ex. broken shore grinding).

Fix 3-4 problems above and it's a pretty good expansion, but I have to agree with Asmongold that the game feels poisoned right now due to bad decisions. Still, the fact that Legion has any potential still puts it leagues ahead of WoD.
>>
Class design and templated PvP.

The time gating, titanforging, rng, etc are all awful game design decisions, but they'd be forgivable if characters were actually fun to play; people complained about tons of shit in vanilla but put up with it because the core of the game was interesting. With an exception of four or five specs, legion classes aren't classes, they're a bunch of tedious pve rotations repainted to pretend they're different, instead of rpg characters.

Templating matters less because PvP is dead, but its still an awful decision.
>>
>>378998293
I get the templated PvP for ranked play but having it on in random battlegrounds just feels bad, what fun is doing random pvp if you can't roll over people with your raid gear.
>>
>>378997971
>>Made the crafting even worse than in WoD
It feels like there's no point to even picking a profession anymore
>>
>>378996972

Unlimited AP farming was a mistake
Every shitter who farms ap 24/7 has a weapon 5 ap lvls higher than me and it tilts me.
>>
>>378996972
>literally back to follower missions for content
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.